• Published 28th Sep 2015
  • 10,954 Views, 394 Comments

So, we're like...goddesses or something? - CrossRedstone



After the events surrounding the Friendship Games, Sunset and Twilight discover that they have full control of the sun and moon of the EG-verse. SPOILER WARNING (anthro because of transformation here and there)

  • ...
30
 394
 10,954

Chapter 7

Author's Note:

I promise, I pinkie promise there'll be tons of Discord shenanigans next chapter. It just wasn't appropriate this time.

English class could not get any more boring, especially for someone who already did their final exams there. As such both Sunset and Twilight were bored shitless out of their minds, as Miss Harshwhinny tried (and pretty much failed) to get the class to listen to her. The teacher didn't really mind that the best in the class zoned out, since she knew even if she asked Sunset or Twilight a question, she would never really caught them off guard. Both could catch up in a matter of moments, either using what was written on the blackboard or simply from the topic they were discussing, using their own notes sometimes.

If only the rest of the class was half as smart as these two.

"Rainbow Dash!" she shouted, causing the athlete to fall of the chair, from being forcefully woken up. Neither Sunset nor Twilight joined the laughter, as Twilight was internally theorizing about magic and Sunset was talking to the sun.

"So, your sister is basically pissed off, because the American flag is still stuck on her."

"Indeed mistress."

"And now she demands from us to punish the NASA for doing that?"

"Correct mistress."

"Your sister has issues." Sunset concluded, silently shaking her head.

"Mistress, shouldn't you be paying attention? Not that I mind our conversation or anything!"

"You sound like Fluttershy, you know?"

"I'm terribly sorry, mistress! I didn't intend to impersonate one of your friends!"

"Urrgh." Sunset resisted the urge to facepalm. "Look. I'm not angry with you, I was just making a statement."

"I'm so sorry!"

The high schooler was almost sure the cry could be heard on the entire globe.

"ANYWAYS, short answer: I'm smart enough that my teacher gives me a lot of leeway and that gives us the time to actually talk to each other, while not being interrupted. So, how is it, being the sun? I mean, just floating in space 24 hours a day sounds pretty boring to me, if I am honest."

"Oh, I wouldn't call it boring, mistress. It always has been my life and I find the emptiness of space calming and I enjoy watching the earth change over the millennial. Moon though...she doesn't like how humanity has developed over the years."

"Well, I can't blame her. Though, in my world, there have been worse guys."

Sunset looked up for a short time, to look if the topic changed or they had gotten an assignment. Neither was the case. Harshwhinny was throwing one of her fits once again, as the class struggled to grasp what she had been talking about the past 20 minutes.

"Mistress, if I may say something..."

"Yes?"

"I am worried about the person who came through the portal. That...other Celestia." the sun admitted.

"The other Celestia?" Sunset asked, confused.

"What about her?"

"She scares me." It almost sounded like a whisper.

"Scares you?! Why? She pretty much forgave me for trying to take over Equestria and helped me from my initial use of my new powers. That reminds me, we need to keep a close eye on Twilight. Faust knows what the girl is going through right now."

"Don't worry. My sister is watching over her as we speak, mistress. Back to my concerns, if you don't mind..."

....

"Go on." Sunset finally said.

"Thank you. The moment the other Celestia came through the portal, I...I could feel her power. It would have send shivers down my spine, if I had one. I...I was afraid she would take control over me."

"You could feel her? Interesting." Sunset commented. "But don't worry. She won't do anything like this, unless she has to."

Sunset could feel that the sun was not completely comfortable with that statement, but it was better than nothing. Looking out of the window, the girl wondered how it was, being a burning ball of fire and just be there in space.


School ended finally and the students were more than ready to head home, especially after how the day started. Many had a feeling there was gonna be another earth shattering battle at their school. They kinda misinterpreted their gut feelings. At the same time, around 30 seconds after the bell rang, each and every cell phone rang or vibrated. Everyone got the same message:

Sorry, but I'm doing this on purpose.

Before anyone could question the contents of the text, every door at CHS opened, sucking every student inside with the loud sound of a vacuum. Students screamed as they were quickly sucked back into the building, crashing into each other mid-air and finally being sucked into the school's closet. A couple of students tried to hold onto the corners of the wall or the lockers, sometimes even the locker doors. It was of no use. One after another, oftentimes in groups the students were sucked into the black hole the school closet seemed to have become. Finally as the last student was inside, the door let out a burp, before closing.

Inside, the students slowly recovered from their unwanted flying trip. Everyone helped each other up and looked around. They were in some kind of huge room. There weren't many light sources in there, but some people could make out what looked like tables and chairs. Some recovered from the shock faster than others and started whispering among each other. The few who stood close to the Rainbooms looked over to them.

"Are you alright?" Fluttershy asked, helping Sunset up. The fiery haired girl rubbed her head in pain.

"More or less." she responded, graciously taking her friends hand. Looking around, she found her friends were all up already, some of them still a little shaken. She looked around a little, before addressing her friends.

"Are you guys okay?"

Everyone responded positive.

"D-do you think this was his work?" Twilight asked, looking around a little scared.

"I don't know anyone else who's capable of pulling a stunt like this off." Sunset stated as a matter of fact.

"Who are you girls talking about?" Flash Sentry just so happened to stand nearby them along with Trixie and Derpy.

"Don't tell me, there's another thing trying to take over the world."

The girl's smiled sheepishly. "Well, he's not trying to take over the world or something like that."

"No silly, he's just throwing a party!" Pinkie jumped in front of Sunset.

"Er what?"

Suddenly a spotlight went on, revealing a stage that had previously been hidden. There was a curtain behind the stage. The light was bright enough to reveal a mismatched shadow behind the curtain. It could be seen holding a microphone and tapping at it with a claw.

*tap* *tap* *tap*

"Is this thing working? Test, test..." Discords voice could be heard through speakers, which were probably hidden in the shadows. Pinkie bounced small rapidly jumps, while everyone else looked nervously towards the stage.

A drum roll started to play.

"Ladies and gentlemen! We thank you all for coming today, to welcome our new resident of this world and also Canterlot High's newest and most chaotic janitor of all time. Here issssss DISCORD!!"

On cue, Discord appeared from behind the curtain and onstage. Of course, no one was applauding, but that didn't stop him from flying into mid-air, bowing, while at the same time shouting: "Thank you, thank you! I'm so glad you all could make it today! It just makes me so happy!"

Everyone could just stare at the...weird thing there. Was it a dragon? A lion? A snake like thingy?!

"Now then, please let me introduce myself. My name is Discord, the one and only Lord of Chaos! It's very nice to meet you humans! Your species is so wonderfully chaotic, I'm sure we'll get along just fine. Oh and a big applause to Pinkie Pie, for helping me set up this little party."

The spotlight went over to the Rainbooms and stopped right over Pinkie Pie, who excitedly waved with her arm to the crowd, an impossible big grin on her face. The other girls at least tried to look not important, right at that moment.

"You might think I'm simply here to take over this world and spread chaos, but no. I'm not responsible for today's unusual morning. Actually, I was send by my dear friend Princess Twilight to look into things. And if you still don't belief me, some new friends I made today can vouch for me!"

The spotlight enveloped the Rainbooms again. There was an additional spotlight revealing Luna and Celestia on the other side of the room, both wearing gorgeous dresses. Celestia's was a green dress, which flickered in a purple and pink color, similar to her hairstyle. She also wore golden accessories, which reminded Sunset a lot of the regalia Princess Celestia normally wore.

Luna on the other hand, wore a blueish, almost completely black dress, with bright white stars sparkling every time she made the faintest of moves. She also wore sparkling gloves and blue lipstick.

The students (mostly the male population) couldn't help but gawk at their principals.

"So without further ado, let's get this party started!"