• Published 28th Sep 2015
  • 10,944 Views, 394 Comments

So, we're like...goddesses or something? - CrossRedstone



After the events surrounding the Friendship Games, Sunset and Twilight discover that they have full control of the sun and moon of the EG-verse. SPOILER WARNING (anthro because of transformation here and there)

  • ...
30
 394
 10,944

Chapter 1

Sunset's ear twitched.

This in itself was a strange feeling. Human ears didn't move or twitch on their own, and Sunset snuffled sleepily as her brain registered the familiar feeling. She hadn't felt her ears move like that since-

She sat bolt upright,staring down at hooves she knew like the back of her... hoof, but hadn't seen in years.

"I'm a unicorn again," she stated, her mind barely registering this fact.



Sunset looked around at the place she had just woken up in. It was somewhat beautiful, if a little disturbing. She was surrounded by empty space and stars, planets, perhaps entire galaxies. As she took in the view, her ears twitched again, reminding her of what had just woken her.

She turned around, and she found the human Twilight Sparkle wandering in her general direction. She looked around with a mixture of fear, confusion and curiosity.

"Twilight!" Sunset called out.

"Ah!"- the girl started, knocking her glasses off her nose to the ground.

"Oh sorry, here let me help." Sunset used her magic to levitate Twilight's glasses in front of her face, which only startled the girl again, landing rather harshly on her butt. Cringing, Sunset dropped the glasses onto her friend's lap.

"Ow..." Twilight put her glasses back on, adjusted, then focused on the owner of the voice she'd heard-and shrieked.

"A talking horse!" the former Crystal Prep student exclaimed.

Sunset's ears pressed themselves against her head, feeling slightly annoyed. "I'm a pony, Twilight." Sunset deadpanned.

"And it knows my name!" Twilight exclaimed, before a suspicion crossed her mind. "Wait a minute...Sunset Shimmer, is that you?!" the human asked, coming face to face with the fiery maned pony.

"Yes. You know, we kinda talked about this the other day. You know, magical talking ponies and what not?"

"Oh right. Hey, wait a minute. What are you doing in my dream?" Twilight asked, before facepalming. "Oh, of course, you're part of my dream."

Sunset's left ear flicked for a second. "A dream?" she asked. "What makes you say that? I feel wide awake."

"Of course you would say this, but since you're the only company I have here, I might as well explain it. It's really simple. The last thing I remember is going to sleep, so this must be a dream." Twilight explained.

"Oh. I guess that makes sense." Sunset put her hoof under her chin. "Now that I think about it, the last thing I remember is falling asleep as well." Sunset walked up to Twilight. "I have an idea. I'm sorry Twilight."

"Sorry for-?"-Sunset punched Twilight-" OW! Why'd you hit me?!"

"You experienced pain." The unicorn stated matter-of-factually.

The human continued to glare down at the unicorn. Slowly the words her ponified friend had spoken began to sink in and Twilight's anger expression was replaced with that of horrifying realization. "I experienced pain! But that is impossible in a dream, meaning this is not a dream!"

Sunset yelped as Twilight bent down and started hugging the unicorn like an over-sized plush doll. "Oh my gosh what do we do?! We're alone, lost in space. With no way to return, let alone communicate home! Oh, we're doomed, we're doomed, we're doomed!" she panicked, her intelligent mind immediately jumping to the worst possible scenario.

"Twilight!" the unicorn gasped, stopping the girl's panic rant. Twilight dropped Sunset, and the unicorn caught her breath before continuing to voice her thoughts.

"Calm down. Panic isn't going to help us in our situation. Let's just look around for now, and find out where we are to begin with. Maybe we'll find some clues."

"Y-yes." Twilight's voice was a little shaky. She tried to get it under control by clearing her throat. "Let's go then...I suppose..." she looked around, uncertain.

"Lead the way"


The pair of friends wandered around in the seemingly endless space.

"Uh, Sunset?" Twilight voice echoed, despite the plane seeming to have walls. Sunset ears perked, and she trotted over.

"Whoa." Sunset looked at what seemed like two groups of colored balls. The groups or balls appeared to move in a predesignated way.

"This looks pretty cool." Sunset commented, observing the one set.

"Hey, wait a minute." Twilight adjusted her glasses, before bending down in front of one group. "This looks like the solar system."

"Really?"

"Yes look! Everything is here! From Mercury to Pluto, every planet and moon is accounted for!" Twilight pointed at each planet and its moons.

"Now that you mention it, this looks like Equestria's solar system." Sunset realized. "Let's see...Equis is here, there is the mane stellar system, yup. Everything's accounted for."

"Interesting." Twilight commented, going to the other solar system model. "The sun is actually moving around the planet. I guess it kinda makes sense, since there's actually someone raising the sun and the moon. The planet also rotates about its vertical axis instead of being angled like Earth."

"That's interesting and all" Sunset looked between the models "but why are we seeing this?"

As if to answer her question, the planets of the Earth Solar System Module started to move. Curiously the human and the pony watched, as the planets, the moons and the stars rearranged themselves, until they were flying in a similar fashion to Equis' solar system. The planets stopped rotating during this phase and even the sun's fire seemed to be stuck in where it was. After a bright flash of light erupted from both models, everything "became alive" again.

"From a scale from 1 to 10, I give this the weirdness factor of 2." Sunset commented dryly.

"Only 2? Imagine this would actually happening to our solar system. Can you imagine the panic it would cause?" Twilight asked, adjusting her glasses. "Not to mention the catastrophes happening all around the planet, while it rearranged itself. And even if we somehow got through all this, there's no one to actually raise the sun or the moon." Twilight finished.

"Yeah, but that still leaves the question as to why we're seeing all of this. Or what this place actually is." Sunset waved with her foreleg.

"Hmm, yes. Does weird dream ring any bells from Equestria?" Twilight asked. "Or random transformations?"

"Well, the first thing that comes to mind is the story of Nightmare Moon, but Twilight, the other Twilight, and her friends already defeated her around a year and half ago or so. As for weird transformations, I can only guess it has something to do with this place."

"So, we've figuratively hit a wall in our investigation." Twilight concluded.

"Not much of an investigation, really." the unicorn shrugged. "But yeah, now what? This would look pretty cool in a science lab, but...hey, what's this?" Sunset pointed with her hoof at two lines of light on the "ground". Neither of the two moved, as the lights approached them and each line curved around one of them. The lines connected with their ends, creating two full circles.

"Wh-what's going on?" stammered Twilight, too afraid to move, fearing something would happen if any of her body parts would step over the circle.

"I don't know." Sunset said equally afraid, making herself as small as possible.

Suddenly the two were encompassed in domes of light, both screaming on top of their lungs, until they realized it didn't hurt.

"What is this?!" Twilight exclaimed. "Sunset I feel weird!"

"Me too! Just-I-" Sunset suddenly lost her voice, as she had trouble breathing all of the sudden. She could only guess Twilight was going through the same struggle, as the girl didn't make any noise and because none of the two could see each other through the lights. Both struggled to break free, until they both feel something going inside their bodies, something familiar, something that scared the two more than anything else that happened to them. They knew there was nothing they could do about it and the last thought they both had was the wish to scream:


"NO, NOT AGAIN!" Twilight sat up in her bed, breathing heavily, her pajamas soaked in sweat.

"Phew." The girl fell back on her bed. "Just a dream."

From the corner of her room, she could hear Spike snoring in his basket. She smiled to herself as she thought about how much had changed in one day and yet how some things still remain the same. Like Spike not even waking up even after Twilight screamed at the top of her lungs. Looking over to her nightstand, she found that it was 5 AM. She still had an hour before she needed to get up.

"Not sure if I can fall asleep again after this." she mumbled, crawling out of her bed.

"Might as well take a shower."