• Published 28th Sep 2015
  • 4,598 Views, 329 Comments

Equestria Guardians - Jacoboby1



Twilight Sparkle was your average everyday nerdy student. But a new town presents a new life and problem aside from tests. An Evil is coming through, and Twilight may be the one of the few that can stop it. But can she do it alone? Or among Friends?

  • ...
11
 329
 4,598

Chapter 3 "Rainbow Dash"

Chapter 3

“Rainbow Dash”

Or

“I got nothing, right now, I’ll get back to you.”

Twilight was sleeping soundly, when suddenly she was tackled!

“Gah!” Twilight uttered muzzlily. “Wha… Wha’s goin’ on? There’s a monster?”

“Mmmm, you smell nice Twili…” Pinkie’s voice mumbled as she still was asleep...whilst hugging Twilight.

“Nnnng… I use lilac shampoo… Pinkie, leggo,” Twilight uttered, trying to free herself.

“Nooo...sleepy hug…” Pinkie said, “Five more minutes bestie…”

“What time is it?” Twilight said, blinking blearily around, looking for the clock. “Morning? Time for getting up, and going to school and fighting monsters. No big…”

________________________________________________________________

After a quick breakfast and dragging Pinkie from bed, Twilight walks to school, her newfound...friend bouncing at her side. It was nice to think of Pinkie as a friend, a real one. Twilight could hardly believe it herself.

“So we’re superheroes! We beat up monsters and save the day! This is soooo amazingeriffic!” Pinkie cheered as she bounced along.

“One, that’s not a word. Two, that’s right, but it’s important to keep that a secret, or else our parents would probably go crazy,” Twilight responded with a wry smile at Pinkie’s excitement.

“C’mon Twili, it’s just us two, so we can talk about anything at all!” Pinkie said, cheerfully “Like did you know I am going to meet this really cute redhead one day who’s gonna be my hubby?”

“Really? A really cute redhead, huh? Have you seen him yet?” Twilight asked with a smile.

“Not yet, but I know he’s gonna come around someday.” Pinkie said with a smile. “Just like I know you really seem to like some silver horsie.”

“... How do you know what I dream about?” Twilight asked, staring at Pinkie aghast.

“Oh, you talked in your sleep when I went for my midnight snack. Don’t worry I won’t tell anybody.” She said, and then did a series of movements in quick succession. “Cross my heart, hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye!”

Twilight sighed in relief. “Thank you, Pinkie. Anyway… I think we’re going to have to work on mending the bridges between you and your friends. You said that it was mostly through emails and texts that your friendship was destroyed. You did change your passwords, right?” Twilight asked.

“Of course! I changed it to a password nobody would know!” Pinkie said with a proud smile.

“It isn’t ‘party’ is it?” Twilight asked, frowning.

Pinkie’s eyes grew wide. “OH MY GOSH! Are you psychic!?”

“No, Pinkie. It just seems like something you’d change it to. And anybody who knows you, at all, will be able to guess it,” Twilight said with a sigh. “I use a random password generator, set at twenty characters. It’s a pain to remember, but nobody can hack my accounts.”

“Okay but, who are we gonna do first? I mean, Rarity would be great to get those outfits going, Aj is tough as they come and Dashie...well I really...just miss her.” Pinkie admitted.

“... What did I say about outfits, Pinkie?” Twilight asked, giving Pinkie a flat look.

“Alright alright, but I should warn you about Dashie, she’s...stubborn to say the least.” Pinkie warned.

“Stubborn? Well… she did come off as a jock, who was only interested in soccer and getting into the Wonderbolts,” Twilight said with a sigh. “I have no idea how to approach her, honestly.”

“I don’t know really, it’s been so long and I said so many mean things to Dashie.” Pinkie said with a sigh. “I just, we gotta make things right Twili. Please?”

“Okay. We’ll see what we can do after school, okay?” Twilight said smiling at Pinkie.

Pinkie smiled, and suddenly hugged Twilight. “Thank ya bestie! C’mon let’s go!” She then started hopping towards school. Twilight laughed, following, a smile on her face.

_______________________________________________________________________

Behind the school, surrounded by a fancy, wrought iron fence, was the soccer field. The bleachers were arrayed at one side, with the field stretching out to the regulation length of one-hundred and ten by seventy yards. The bleachers were painted purple, and were rather utilitarian, compared to the rest of the school, but it could be just that they needed new paint.
In the field was Rainbow Dash, a Freshman with purple hair, with water bottles at the ready, and the soccer team, who were apparently waiting on their captain to say something.

“There she is. We should wait until practice is over,” Twilight said. “This way she won’t be distracted.”

Rainbow marched in front of her team, “Alright everybody! Next week is our big game against the Maretropolis Sharks! They’re tough as nails and fast as cheetahs! But we are faster, stronger, and not afraid to kick the ball hard! I wanna see everybody here giving it their all! Are we gonna win this?!”

The team cheered and they all ran out to the field to begin practise. All through it, Dash’s usual arrogant self took a back seat as she worked alongside the team. She was hard, but fair and took the time for every one of them. She encouraged people, helped a teammate when he was having trouble learning a new move, and even gave small pep talks to individuals who looked like they were giving up.

“Wow, she’s really loyal to her team, isn’t she?” Twilight asked, as she watched Rainbow work. “Just wonder why she feels the need to be such a jock all the time?”

“That’s just Dashie for ya,” Pinkie explained. “When push comes to shove, she’s always willing to stand up for those who need it. At least, she used too..” She added a little sadly.

Rainbow eventually took a break alongside her team, “Man, nice workout, really took a lot out of me.”

“Here, Rainbow Dash,” the little purple-haired freshman said, running up with some water bottles. “Got you some water, right here.”

“Hey thanks, Squirt,” Rainbow said, taking a water bottle and rubbing the freshman’s hair affectionately.

Pinkie smiled, pointing to the Freshman, and explaining: “That’s Scootaloo, Dashie’s number one fan and her adopted sister.”

“Really seems to think the world of Rainbow huh?” Twilight asked. “Not exactly helping with the ego problem.”

As Twilight said that, the case containing the other gems began to vibrate.

“Why is it doing that?” Twilight asked, looking at the case. She pulled it out and opened it carefully. Inside, the red gem was glowing slightly, and causing the vibrations to the rest of the case.

“Ooooh!” Pinkie said, looking at it. “Is that Dashie’s?”

“It’s possible. I don’t know why it’s vibrating like that, though,” Twilight said frowning. “Anyway, it looks like the team’s heading to the showers. Let’s go and see if we can talk sense into her…”

Rainbow watched as her team ventured to the showers, she rested on a bench and looked up to see Twilight. “Oh, hey egghead what’s up?” She said, wiping her brow. “Can it wait? I had a pretty tough workout today.”

“I was hoping to negotiate a truce,” Twilight said with a smile. “Maybe get you to hear somebody’s apology before completely shutting them down.”

“And just who are you talking about?” Rainbow asked, raising an eyebrow in suspicion.

“Oh… Just Pinkie Pie for starters…” Twilight said rocking back and forth. “You see… I ended up having a sleepover at her place… And we talked. A lot. About how most of the nastiness had been done via email and text… Some of it may have been her, but the most of it, if not the majority was because her accounts had been hacked.”

“So her account got hacked, serves her right for missing my games that she promised to go to.” Rainbow snarked, folding her arms.

“Well… There’s the possibility that your accounts have been hacked, too, Rainbow,” Twilight said with a sigh. “Some of the messages she got, that were supposedly from you, gave the wrong times for a lot of your games. We decided to check during our free period. That’s why Pinkie missed your games, Rainbow Dash. Because she got the wrong times and dates from somebody using your email address.”

Rainbow rolled her eyes. “Yeah right, next thing you’re going to say is that books are any good.”

“Well yeah, but then I’m a book-reading egghead, remember? Though I bet you’d love the Daring Do series. Badass female protagonist, epic fight scenes, adventures in far-away lands…” Twilight said with a grin.

Rainbow rolled her eyes and got up. “Look, here’s an idea, how about you drop all these crazy conspiracy theories about Pinkie being any less than a jerkish friend and go and, be cool for once. It might even make you at least a sixteenth as cool as I am.”

Pinkie wasn’t kidding about Rainbow’s stubbornness.

“Uggh. They’re not conspiracy theories! And why does everybody use ‘theory’ wrong? If anything they’re conspiracy hypotheses, because there has been no proof, what-so-ever, that can’t be debunked… ANYWAY! There is PROOF! I have print-outs, and the soccer schedule for the past couple of years! Pinkie was constantly getting the wrong times for your games, until you finally told her to forget it!” Twilight declared.

“You don’t know anything do you! You think you can waltz into our school and try and change things?! Well here’s news for you!” She said, glaring at Twilight. “I had to put up with a lot of crap in my life. But there’s one thing I know and it’s that friends don’t leave friends hanging! It would’ve been alright if it was one or two games! But all FIVE of my friends missed SEVEN of my games! They gave the same lousy excuse you’re trying to sell, ‘didn’t have time’ or ‘didn’t get the schedule’. Can’t support your friends if you aren’t there for them!” She yelled, kicking a soccer ball into a trash can in frustration before stomping away.

Twilight glared back at Rainbow. “You know, it isn’t your friend's fault that they missed those games. Maybe if you would listen to other people’s problems once in awhile you wouldn’t be in this mess. For somebody who values loyalty so much...you don’t seem that loyal yourself.”

Rainbow stopped, clenched her fists and growled, “YOU TAKE THAT BA-”

BONG! BONG! BONG!!!

“Huh? When did the clocktower get a new bell?” Rainbow asked, as the witching hour fell upon the soccer stadium.

Suddenly time just seemed to freeze. Birds stopped mid flight, the laughter, and catcalls that had been coming from the showers ceased, and soon the world was enveloped in an eerie silence.

Twilight held out her hand. “Staff of magic,” she said, her bracelet transforming into her magic staff. “Ready, Pinkie?”

“Sup!” Pinkie said, appearing out of nowhere.

“What the?!” Rainbow yelled in shock. “Pinkie what are you doing here?! What’s going on!?”

Before Pinkie could explain all three of them looked up to the sky, to see a pair of massive ravens circling down upon them. Their black feathers glistening in the sunlight as they dived down for them. Pinkie shoved Rainbow out of the way just in time. Rainbow stared up at the ravens. “That’s a big bird.”

“Bird is the word?” Pinkie said with a giggle.

“Pinkie, distract them, for a bit, would you?” Twilight said pulling out the case. “I need to bring little miss stubborn up to speed. Or at least give her the gem she needs.”

“Okie dokey loki!” Pinkie said saluting.

“Look, Rainbow, we are guardians, protectors of this world from monsters who come from another one. That ringing is the warning that a witching hour is about to start, and monsters are about to come over. We have to beat the monsters in an hour, because time has stopped for everybody but us, and everybody else has become intangible, and the monsters can’t hurt them in that hour,” Twilight explained.

Rainbow shook her head in disbelief “Okay, this is a real funny prank, Pinkie, it’s funny ha ha we can all go.” Her eyes grew real wide. “Uh, Pinks where did you get that cannon?”

“Silly Dashie, Twili is telling the truth. NOW COME GET SOME BIRDIES!!” Pinkie said, charging into battle blasting her cannon up at the ravens. Twilight chuckled, then opened the case.

“Rainbow, just take the red gem,” Twilight said. “It’s meant for you.”

“Okay, fine I’ll play along” Rainbow said, and slowly took the gem. “Now what is this supposed to...do…” She said, slowly falling to the ground, her eyes drooping.

“It’s just like what happened to me!” Pinkie said, looking at Rainbow.
____________________________________________________________________

Rainbow blinked open her eyes to find herself under a red sky. “Whoa. Whatever that egghead gave me, really made me trip out. Question is, where am I?” She said, getting up and looking around.

Rainbow Dash. You represent loyalty, but you do not know that loyalty must both be earned, and maintained.

“Hey who’s there?! Come out!” Rainbow yelled, looking around.

You expect loyalty, and you do give it. But the moment somebody doesn't live up to your standards, or can't help you achieve your goals, you cut them off. Do you call that loyalty, Rainbow Dash?

“Hey! I don’t know who you are, but they were the ones who left me hanging! What gives them the right to just toss the loyalty I gave them in the trash when I’ve done so much for them?!” Rainbow yelled.

You only saw what you wanted to see. Because you only listen to want to hear. You would rather confirm your own biases, than hear somebody else's opinion, or view. Loyalty is a two-way street, Rainbow Dash. Can you tell me what all you did for your friends, while you expected their unwavering loyalty to you, and your goals and dreams? Did you help with their goals and dreams, willingly, or begrudgingly because they were not yours?

“But I..my dreams are..important…” Rainbow said, looking nervous. “They...they need to come about and...they just didn’t understand…”

What makes your dreams so much important than theirs, Rainbow Dash? What supreme arrogance do you possess to think that only your dreams matter? To be loyal, truly loyal, you must understand that sometimes your friends will have no choice but to let you down. That is a part of life. Sometimes their lives will get in the way of doing what they want, even if it is to support a self-centered friend such as yourself.

“But I...don’t want to be let down...cuz if I get let down…”

Good friends would apologize, of course. But sometimes there are factors beyond their control that makes them have to let you down, and have to postpone helping you. Just like there are factors in your life that would make you have to let THEM down, and postpone helping them. There is often no predicting how life will go. However loyalty is about staying with your friends, through thick or thin. Not dropping them the moment they are unable to help you achieve your goals.

Rainbow fell to her knees, the words cutting into her heart, and all the pain from before came rushing out. She started, crying…”I don’t...want to be alone...I want my friends back...I want to say I’m sorry...I don’t want this anymore...I don’t…”

She stopped, and looked up, seeing an image of Pinkie smiling at her. “Dashie, it’s okay...I’ve already forgiven you, silly…”

“Pinkie…” Rainbow said through her tears.

Pinkie vanished the moment Rainbow tried to touch her. Replacing her were two floating swords, that resembled bladed feathers.

You understand true loyalty. Now will you swear, Rainbow Dash, to protect those who cannot protect themselves?

Rainbow stood, wiped away her tears. “It’s time I showed Loyalty of my own, Pinkie and that egghead need my help. I SWEAR TO HELP THEM!!” She reached and grabbed the blades.

____________________________________________________________________

Pinkie and Twilight kept up their assault on the ravens, blasting them with cannon fire or magic. But they ran into a problem.

“They are just too fast!” Pinkie said, blasting a cannon ball. “They keep dodging my shots!”

“Too bad I haven’t figured out how to call down a storm or something.” Twilight muttered.

The ravens began to dive again, only this time, a bright light shone, blinding the birds. Pinkie and Rainbow looked to the light, and standing there was Rainbow, holding the twin blades.

“Dashie!” Pinkie yelled.

“Pinks, let me handle this…” Rainbow said, walking forward.

“But Dashie, they’re too fast!” Pinkie said. “You can’t catch them with swords!”

“ I’m not going to leave my friends hanging again...I give them my strength, they in turn..” She crossed the blades, and a magic flowed from them, slowly down her arms...until they reached her back, revealing two beautiful cyan colored wings. “They give me the strength to fly…” She crouched, and took off into the air at blinding speeds, leaving behind a rainbow colored blur.

“Okay. I’ll admit it. That’s pretty darned cool,” Twilight said, nodding.

Rainbow flew towards one of the ravens. “Have some of this bird brain!!” She yelled, swinging the swords at the creature, slicing it to ribbons. Causing the massive bird to fall towards the ground, Pinkie snipped it out of the air with a powerful cannon blast.

“THIS IS AWESOME!!” Rainbow yelled, zooming around the second raven.

“Rainbow!” Twilight yelled from the ground. “Try shouting ‘Guardian Beast’!”

“Whatever you say, egghead!” Rainbow said, and stopped,, aiming her blades at the sky, and said almost on instinct, “GUARDIAN BEAST! GRIFFON!!!”

A blue portal opened in the sky, and out came a massive cyan colored griffon with white head. It screeched at the raven, diving towards it and slicing the bird with its massive claws. It held it in place.

“Twili! Blast it!” Pinkie yelled.

“On it!” Twilight said, calling forth her magic, and blasting the raven with her power. Launching a massive magic missile and blasting it to smithereens. It exploded in midair, leaving behind the griffon. It screeched one last time, before fading away.

Rainbow slowly came to a landing, her wings and swords disappearing, leaving behind a gold bracelet with a red lightning-shaped gem on it. She walked slowly towards the pair, put her hands in her pockets and said sadly, “Pinkie, listen...I owe you I mean...look I’m sorry I missed all your parties…I was just...stupid and mad and I…”

Pinkie just smiled, and went to hug her friend tightly. “Dashie it’s okay, we’re friends again.”

Rainbow smiled and hugged back. “I’ll punch you later for getting me all sappy,” She said jokingly.

“Hey, friends can be sappy with each other. That’s how they… stick together,” Twilight joked, with a grin.

Pinkie giggled, Rainbow groaned. “Uggh, that was painful, egghead.”

“I’ve got a name, you know. It’s Twilight,” Twilight said with a sigh.

Rainbow let go of Pinkie, and walked over to Twilight. “Okay, Twi, care to explain what the hell is going on?”

_________________________________________________________________________

“So we’re guardians, and we beat up bad guys in this thing called the witching hour.” Rainbow said, sitting on the bleachers after Twilight and Pinkie explained everything. “And we gotta keep it all a secret.”

“Yupperuni!” Pinkie said. “And we aren’t the only ones either!”

“Is Soarin, or Spitfire a guardian?!” Rainbow said, her eyes aglow with fangirlism.

“Uh, no not that I know of.” Twilight said with a shake of her head. “I do know there are three others who are supposed to have the Elements of Harmony. And I have a suspicion as to who they could be, considering how you five were made to hate each other. What I don’t get is how whoever did this knew that you were possible Element-bearers… However, we’ve got to mend fences with those other three, and give them their Elements. I’m sure we all can’t be everywhere at once, and there may be monsters that it would take all six of us to take down.”

“As much as I’d like to keep talking about saving the world and whatnot.” Rainbow said, getting up. “I’d better hit the showers. Soccer practice and beating up monsters is leaving me sweating like a leaf.”

“Leaves don’t sweat. Nor do pigs, though I wonder where that phrase came from…” Twilight mused as Rainbow started toward the showers. “Hey, Rainbow? Do you know a flashy oriental guy with black and yellow streaked hair?”

“What? What are you talking about that jerk Raiden for?” Rainbow asked with a huff, turning back to the girls.

Pinkie giggled. “Oh Dashie, we know you liiiike him.” She said teasingly.

“NO I DON’T!” Rainbow yelled. “He’s a giant idiot!”

“Oh, so that’s his name. I have him in World History. The teacher really loves to rag on him. Anyway, I think I saw him go into the showers with this huge bag,” Twilight explained.

“HE WHAT!?” Rainbow yelled. “That JACKASS! I’m going to murder him!” She took off towards the showers.

There he was, Raiden Bolt, dressed in an over-zippered leather jacket, and slightly baggy slacks with work boots to round out the general J-Pop boyband look. He was carefully setting up an expensive-looking camera to film the girls’ shower. He grinned “Oh yeah, with just a few adjustments I’ll be able to say hello to Rainbow Sexy Dash’s tits.”

“How about you say ‘hello’ to Rainbow Angry Dash’s fist!” came Rainbow’s voice, followed with a right hook to his jaw, and a kick to his groin.

Raiden’s face squinched in pain as he covered his groin. “My tenders…” He said as he fell to the ground along with the camera equipment he was about to set up. In a fit of fury, Rainbow systematically broke everything breakable.

“Seriously, do you have to be such a PERV all the time?” Rainbow asked.

“Well I can’t help it if you’re so damn sexy.” Raiden groaned from the ground. “Just be glad somebody is willing to appreciate you.”

“Hey, I’ve got friends who appreciate me. I don’t need some crazy, stalkerish pervert trying to ‘appreciate’ my boobs,” Rainbow uttered, glaring at him.

“What boobs? They barely come out of your shirt, Ironing Board.” He said, rolling his eyes.

“If I ever catch you doing something pervy again I’ll whack you upside the head with an ironing board you JACKASS!!” Rainbow went off into the showers with a huff.

Pinkie looked over at Twilight, “Oh yeah, she wants him.” she said with a smile.

“If you say so, Pinkie,” Twilight said rolling her eyes.