• Published 28th Sep 2015
  • 4,598 Views, 329 Comments

Equestria Guardians - Jacoboby1



Twilight Sparkle was your average everyday nerdy student. But a new town presents a new life and problem aside from tests. An Evil is coming through, and Twilight may be the one of the few that can stop it. But can she do it alone? Or among Friends?

  • ...
11
 329
 4,598

Chapter 25 "Princess of Love"

Chapter 25

“Princess of Love”

Or

“Love Is In The Air and On the Ground...”

Spike sat on his chair inside his room, looking down as he was facetiming with his newfound sister. “You sure you’re doing okay Ran? I mean we can always make room at home, I could sleep in the basement or something.”

Ran just shook her head. “Spike I won’t be going away forever. Aunt Li’zael and Uncle Car’buncle don’t live that far away. I couldn’t live with myself if I was a burden on your adoptive family.”

“I know, I just am gonna miss you is all.” Spike said, smiling at his sister.

Ran smiled in turn. “Just know I’m one call away. I’m not about to lose track of you again, brother.”

Spike laughed a little. “If you need anything, you know your big brother will come right over.”

Ran blinked and said nervously, “Actually...Spike…”

“What is it, Ran?” Spike asked.

“Well, I asked Aunt Li’zael, and she told me that...well....I’m older than you by five minutes…”

Spike sat there, looking absolutely dumbstruck.

“Spike? Are you okay?” Ran asked worriedly.

“You mean...to tell me...I’M STILL THE YOUNGEST?!”

____________________________________________________________

One bright January afternoon, Twilight and her sister-in-law, Cadence, were out spending quality time together shopping. So far they had only been to clothing stores, and a baby store. It was like Cadence was deliberately keeping her away from book stores, electronics stores, and video game stores. Twilight was rather good at picking up on patterns, and apparently Cadence didn’t want to fight with the latest book or video game release for her attention. Now, though, they were walking down the sidewalk on their way to the next store on Cadence’s agenda, bags in hand.

“Why did you insist upon my buying a bathing suit in January? It’s not like I’m going to have an opportunity to wear it before June or so… If I even wear it at all…” Twilight said, a rosy blush forming on her cheeks.

“Because good prices and a vain hope that someday you might actually try wearing one.” Cadence said, smiling. “You think Private’s all for you now, wait till he sees you in a bathing suit.”

“But… but… it’s just so…” Twilight stuttered, blushing even brighter. “It’s a bikini, Cadence, a bikini! I’ve never worn a bikini, ever!”

“There’s a first time for everything. You’re getting a lot more outgoing, so I figure a bikini could be a nice next step.” Cadence said.

“Cadence, making friends is a step,” Twilight said, frowning. “Going to parties is a step. Wearing this...thing in front of my boyfriend is a grand canyon size LEAP!”

Cadence just laughed. “Alright, now I’m sure that the next stop is-”

BONG! BONG! BONG!!

“No no no, not NOW” Twilight groaned, as everything ground to a halt. Traffic stopped in its tracks, a falling leaf froze midair, and that eerie quiet that came with a witching hour closed in on Twilight’s ears. Twilight then put down her bags and summoned her staff. She then took running to look for the monster and brushed Cadence...wait…

Twilight stopped and looked back at her sister in law, she stood there, casually looking at her phone to look for the next stop. But...Twilight touched her…

Twilight reached a finger and gently poked Cadence, Twilight started when she realized she could actually touch her sister-in-law!

“That’s impossible!” Twilight said, still poking Cadence every which way to make sure she wasn’t crazy. “Nobody is supposed to be touched during a witching hour! My hand is supposed to phase through…”

Twilight tried to wrap her head around this, but her thinking was interrupted by a squeal. She turned and saw a massive boar charging towards her. Twilight instinctively summoned a shield and managed to make it so that the beast charged into a nearby wall instead. Twilight let out a breath, happy she managed to keep Cadence safe..until she saw two more boars coming out.

“Great! My sister in law is going to get eaten by the three little pigs if I don’t do something!” Twilight moaned as the boars came closer. Twilight put her hand on Cadence. She could still be felt...whatever was keeping her still wasn’t the witching spell. And that meant she wasn’t safe...Twilight then focused her magic on Cadence, trying to find what was keeping her sister-in-law still.

Twilight felt it, the spell working in power. Twilight’s hands glowed as she began dismantling the spell, dissipating the magical energy holding Cadence in place like this. Twilight let out a breath as Cadence slowly came to life.

“Should be around this...corner…?” Cadence said, blinking as she came to life. She then looked around at the strange frozen world she now inhabited. She then saw the three boars coming towards them, then at Twilight holding her staff. “Twilight, what’s…?”

“Stay back!” Twilight said, getting ready to take on the boars. “These things are dangerous. I don’t know why you’re not phased, but don’t worry, I can handle this.”

One of the boars charged towards the pair, Cadence pulled out of her shock in time to drop her bags and grab Twilight’s arm, her instincts telling her to pull her sister in law out of the way of these monsters. Cadence then looked to Twilight. “Twilight, what’s going here? Why are there these huge pigs in the middle of the road?”

“It’s a long story that I can’t explain while there’s monsters attacking,” Twilight said blasting a pig with a magic missile. “Let me take care of them, then I’ll explain everything, okay?”

“You can’t be serious Twilight! I’m not about to let you go out there and hurt yourself!” Cadence said, her old babysitter instincts taking over at this point. “This isn’t one of your games! Those things can really hurt you!”

“I know!” Twilight yelled, conjuring several magic missiles to blast the other two boars. “Just take cover! I got this!”

“Twilight!” Cadence yelled as Twilight ran into the fray. Cadence felt it, a horror at seeing Twilight running into a fight...she couldn’t let those things hurt her...Twilight was her sister-in-law...one of her best friends...and nobody hurts anybody Cadence cares about!

Twilight was fighting off the boars, she would call in backup, but with Cadence around she had to at least take care of one of these pigs. This proved a bit more difficult as these pigs were relentless, when she managed to fight one off, another took its place. Crud, this wasn’t going well at all. Twilight really wished she had time to call for backup, but Cadence was here. Twilight kept hammering away at the boars, trying to blast at least one into oblivion, but they were triple-teaming her. She was quickly becoming overwhelmed.

Cadence saw all this, and she couldn’t stand it anymore. She felt something inside her wanting to save Twilight as much as she did. She ran towards the boars, yelling, “GET AWAY FROM HER!!”

Twilight looked on as suddenly Cadence glowed with a pink light, got in the center of the boars with Twilight, and then her hands glowed brightly, creating a pink colored shockwave that blew the boars away, ripping them apart in the sheer force of magic that was wrought. Their squeals died away as they turned to dust…

Cadence held Twilight tightly, as protectively as a mother would a child. Twilight was just awe struck, how did Cadence do that? Was she...could she be…

Twilight then looked up, as tiny red hearts descended from the sky, they fell gently as snow, falling into the various frozen people around her. They didn’t seem to be causing harm though…

Cadence looked around, and then gently looked at Twilight worriedly. “You aren’t hurt are you?” She asked.

“N-no… Wow, what did you do? I… I usually have backup, though… Still you have magic? I guess that’s why you weren’t phased…” Twilight said. “Thank you, by the way.”

Cadence shook her head, “I have no idea what I did...I just thought about those things hurting you and, well I couldn’t bare it. I can’t…” Cadence’s face and tone suddenly turned serious, putting her hands on her hips. “And just how long have you been doing this?”

“Since… school started,” Twilight slowly said, the look on her face saying that she knows exactly how Cadence is going to react, and is bracing for it.

“I can’t believe you!” Cadence said. “You’re throwing yourself into danger like this and didn’t tell me?! Do you realize what those things could’ve done to you!? Twilight you could’ve gotten seriously hurt! Did you even think about what would happen if you got hurt or worse during this...whatever it is?!”

“Witching hour,” Twilight said. “And if I don’t, then those things would be free to hurt people, Cadence! I have to fight them, with my friends, or else everybody in town could get seriously hurt. I can move during a Witching Hour, everybody else just become phase-shifted so they don’t get hurt, but it only lasts an hour.”

“...Let’s go home.” Cadence said, walking past Twilight towards her bags.

Twilight sighed, she knew Cadence was mad, very very mad at all this. The simple fact that Cadence wouldn’t just yell at her about it more only made things worse. Twilight used her magic to do a quick repair job on the road, and the rest of the trip was done in uncomfortable silence…

The hearts fell for a while...all over town...before disappearing inside everybody as the witching hour came to a close...

_____________________________________________________________

“So… Now she’s not talking to me. Cadence is really really mad about the whole Guardians thing,” Twilight said, summing up her account of the previous day’s events. “I knew she’d react that way. I just hope she doesn’t tell Shiny.”

“Rough,” Private said as the pair walked to school together. “Any idea how she was able to do magic? Maybe she’s a guardian too?”

“I… have no idea. She might be, but why would she have been put into some kind of trance?” Twilight observed thoughtfully.

“Your guess is as good as mine.” Private said, shaking his head. “Maybe when Cadence calms down a little she’ll start talking.”

“If only such optimism came so easily…” Twilight said, chuckling a little.

The pair manage to reach the parking lot at school. They both smiled as they saw Raiden moving over to Rainbow as she just parked her motorcycle.

“Here’s something that’ll cheer you up, Ray getting his face kicked in.” Private said, laughing.

“Ah Tsundere, endlessly entertaining.” Twilight said, laughing alongside her boyfriend.

Raiden did his usual routine of going up to Rainbow, and smirking. “Hello Rainbow Sexy Dash.”

“O-oh! Raiden… Hi there,” she said beaming, then looking shy, twirling a lock of hair around a finger, blushing. “Uhm… H-how are you?”

“Uh...fine…?” Raiden said, totally shocked at this sudden out of character reaction from Rainbow.

“Um...Ray well…” Rainbow said, walking nervously up to him. “I got...thinking and stuff and well...I’m thinking I’ve been jerking you around a little…”

“Wha...huh?” Raiden said, taking a few steps back from Rainbow, not used at all to her being this, frankly, lovestruck around him.

“I’m thinking I should change that...how about you and me go...somewhere nice and private?” Rainbow asked, her eyes sparkling.

“Ah...I...gotta run!” Raiden yelped, running into the school.

“Ray Ray! Come back! I promise I won’t kick you again if you’ll just let me hug you!” Rainbow yelled, chasing after him.

Private and Twilight looked stunned…

“Did, we both get zapped into some freaky alternate universe when I wasn’t looking?” Private asked.

“Uh… I… I don’t know… It was still rather amusing, though,” Twilight said looking at Private with a slight smile. “Now we know Raiden’s a masochist.”

“Still, have you ever seen Rainbow even remotely act like that?” Private asked.

“No. No I haven’t. That is not normal Rainbow Dash behavior at all,” Twilight replied. “I wonder what’s gotten into her?”

“Hey, check it out, isn’t that Applesnack?” Private said, pointing to the guy walking towards Aj as she got out of her truck.

“The guy Aj’s been seeing?” Twilight said, watching as well.

Applesnack walked up to Aj, stoically as usual, then suddenly...pulled her into one of those over the top kisses that you’d see on the cover of a romance novel.

“What… the?” Twilight said, tilting her head at the display. “But… Applejack has been saying that Applesnack is really really undemonstrative…”

Applesnack gently removed his lips from Aj, the dumbstruck farmer looked up at him. “Snack why...ya’ve never…”

Applesnack blushed, “I know I’m not the most, expressive of boyfriends. But..ever since last night I wanted to say..so much actually. That you're beautiful, amazing, and I've never felt happier around anybody..."

“Uh… Oh… Well… Thank ya,” Applejack said blushing a bit. “Yer… Yer pretty amazin’, yerself, y’know?”

Twilight looked up at Private. “What just happened?”

“I think we’re about to find out.” Private said as the pair opened the doors to CHS. Inside was even worse, suddenly just about every couple or suspected couple was holding hands, talking to one another, or doing so many strange things.

“This is going to be one of those days…” Twilight said, facepalming.

__________________________________________________

Spike had a similar reaction to all the silliness when he arrived earlier. He just finished putting his books in his locker when he looked over and saw a sight that was extremely common in CHS, Lyra going to her best friend Bon Bon. Only...the tone was far different than usual.

“Bonnie…” Lyra said, walking nervously over to Bon Bon.

“Hey, Lyra,” Bon Bon said, beaming at her best friend. “What’s shaking?”

“Well, see I kinda been, thinking about stuff a lot since last night.” Lyra said, shuffling her feet. “We’ve been best friends since like, forever right?”

“Well of course,” Bon Bon said with a smile. “Since Elementary school, sticking together thick and thin.”

“Well see…” Lyra said, blushing and finally blurting out. “Bonnie you are just the most amazing friend ever! I mean you’re sweet, smart, and you put up with even my silliness at times! I can’t imagine being with anyone but you...I mean I know we’re best friends but...last night I got thinking that maybe I wanted...more.”

“You… you want more?” Bon Bon asked, looking a strange mix of surprised and hopeful.

Lyra nodded, “Yeah..Bonnie I really really like you. I just wanna show how much I really care about you. Please Bonnie as the most wonderful person I’ve ever met...would you...want to make us more than best friends?” She asked, hope, fear, and trepidation all coming out in her voice.

Bon Bon stared then glomped her best friend, hugging her tightly. “Oh, Lyra! I’ve been wanting us to be more for… well… ages! I was just so afraid of ruining what we have that I never said anything! I’d love to be more than just best friends!”

“Oh Bonnie!” Lyra said joyfully, hugging her best friend now turned more than best friend lovingly.

Spike just chuckled, “Geez, what’s got into everybody? Getting all lovey dovey and stuff.”

He then heard that familiar, graceful voice he knew and loved speak behind him. “Spikey Wikey, could you come with me for a bit darling?”

Spike smiled, “Sure Rarity, why do you waaaaaaaaaa…” He was caught in his sentence as he saw Rarity. She was wearing a rather filmy gown that flowed, and fluttered dramatically, and left little of anything to the imagination.

“I’d… like to talk to you, my darling,” Rarity said giving him the sultry eyes. “In private.”

Before Spike could say anything more, he found himself being dragged off by Rarity, a slow grin coming to his face.

__________________________________________________

Big Mac was in a similar situation as he finished laying out some crates of food in the school’s storage area. He had seen everybody acting strangely, all lovey dovey and practically flinging themselves at one another. He didn’t pay it much mind...until he heard a knock on the door. He turned and saw Fluttershy standing nervously in the doorway.

He smiled as he always did when she dropped by, “Howdy Shy, what can Ah do fer ya?”

“Uhm… I was hoping… to spend time with you,” Fluttershy said. “If that’s… alright with you.”

“Course Shy, whatever ya need.” Mac said, and then blinked as Fluttershy suddenly closed the door behind her, blushing brightly.

“Mackey, I was hoping we could...talk…” Fluttershy said, walking over to him.

“Sure Shy, whaddya need?” Big Mac asked, tilting his head at Fluttershy’s behavior.

“I’ve… noticed how you… treat me. Like I’m made of glass,” Fluttershy said, looking up at him. “I’m… I’m not that fragile, you know…”

“Well, Ah’m…” Big Mac said, looking down at her. “Ah jus dun wanna hurt ya too much Fluttershy…”

“I know you’re strong, but you don’t have to wrap me in cotton batting. I… I like things a little… you know… rough,” Fluttershy said, blushing a bit.

“Rough?” Big Mac said, blushing brightly.

“Yes Mackey...I’d like you to…” She suddenly stood on her tiptoes to whisper in Mac’s ear…

Big Mac’s eyes have never grown so wide.

____________________________________________________

“This is too weird.” Private said as he and Twilight watched all the couples in the school. “Everybody’s all lovey dovey around each other.”

“It’s like somebody cast a huge wide-area love spell or something,” Twilight said, as they watched Octavia walk determinedly up to Vinyl.

Vinyl lifted her shades and grinned at Octavia, “Sup Octy, how’s it hangin?”

“Vinyl Scratch, you can be the most irritating, infuriating, and downright impossible person, yet… I can’t get you out of my head! It’s… It’s like some manner of disease that makes me think of you all the time, and… Blast…” Octavia uttered, before grabbing Vinyl’s shirt front, pushing her against the wall, and kissing the living daylights out of her.

Private and Twilight’s jaws dropped at the same time. Vinyl was absolutely dumbstruck, sure she always thought Octavia was cute and fun to mess with...but she had no idea that she would just…

“It’s actually kind of nice in a way,” Twilight said as she and Private both stepped away to give the pair some privacy. “They finally get to admit how they care for each other.”

“At least they are relatively normal.” Private said, sighing. “I think we have yet to see the truly biza-”

Private was cut off when he saw a janitor’s closet door open.

“Wow… I mean wow... That… That was amazing. I mean, I’ve been trying to work up the courage to, you know, tell you for weeks, then you just.. and we just… and…” Sonata said coming out of the closet her face flushed as she straightened her clothes.

Out then stepped of all people...Maude Pie

“I’m just glad you did come out...I’ve never really been with anybody before...except Boulder but he doesn’t really count.” Maude said in her typical deadpan voice...and then gave the tiniest smile as she took Sonata’s hand. “I’m just glad you like me too…”

“Are you kidding?! I’ve liked you for, like, months! I… just had the hardest time telling you,” Sonata said looking at Maude, holding her hand and smiling.

“How did...when did this….?” Private said, dumbfounded.

“Whoa, according to Pinkie, Maude’s practically beaming.” Twilight said, blinking.

“I only wonder about the other sir-” Private was interrupted yet again, this time by the comical sight of...Trixie hugging Aria’s leg as the siren tried to stomp away.

“The Great, Powerful and Loving Trixie demands your affections!” Trixie begged as she was dragged along.

“Uggh, I knew enrolling here was a terrible idea, so going to get Adagio for this…” Aria grumbled...but didn’t pull away as hard as you’d think.

Both Private and Twilight facepalmed.

____________________________________________________________

Cadence paced her room, fuming. She was still mad about Twilight’s little stunt, the other day, and finding out she’d been putting herself in danger.

“There has to be somebody else!” Cadence declared.

If I don’t fight the monsters, then they’ll be free to hurt people!

“But why you, Twilight?” Cadence asked the empty room as she paced. Cadence sighed, shaking her head. “When I wanted her to be more outgoing, that wasn’t what I was talking about… Though… It is a good thing she’s trying to do what she thinks is the right thing…”

She walked over to her vanity, gently picking up a small picture. It showed her as a young teenager doing her first babysitting job to relieve boredom during the summer, and it led her to finding one of her best friends, a little girl who was too smart for her own good, and her lovable dork of a big brother.

Suddenly, the door opened, and in stepped Shining Armor. He smiled at her, in that way she always found so lovable. “Heya gorgeous…”

“Shiny!” Cadence said beaming at him. “I thought you had work, today?”

“Eh, the chief gave me a day off, something about being in a good mood cause of his wife liking him again or something.” Shining said, walking to her and suddenly sweeping her off her feet, grinning. “And I just felt I had to see you…”

“Whoa!” Cadence uttered with a laugh. “Wow, what’s gotten into you, today?”

“I have no idea…” Shining said, slowly walking her towards and laying her down on their bed. “I just know that right here, right now...I’m the luckiest guy in the world with the most wonderful girl in the world...and I want to show you just how in love with you I am…”

“Oh! Oh, Shiny,” Cadence said, touching his face. “I love you, too…”

“Then what are we waiting for…?” Shining said, pulling her into a loving tender kiss, that he poured every bit of his love into. His hands going to feel Cadence, let her know she was treasured and loved with every bit of his being. From then...well...you can guess the rest.
________________________________________________________

“This is the Sparkle Residence, Velvet speaking I can’t come to the phone right now because I am right in the middle of making love to the most WONDERFUL man I’ve ever met! We’ll probably not be available for next few hours or so. So please leave a message after-NIGHTLIGHT! You...dog I have to finish this you OH! Leavemessageattonebye!”

Twilight simply punched the end button on her phone, looking profoundly perturbed.

“Your parents too huh?” Private said, putting down his phone with an equally perturbed expression.

“Yes. They’re doing the thing…” Twilight said putting her phone away, then shuddering. “I wonder if we should ask Professor Celestia about this?”

“I am afraid Tia is occupied at the moment.”

Both looked up to see a thoroughly frustrated looking Luna walk towards them, sighing profusely. “When I came by the office to ask her what to do I caught her practicing her art...with Voidera.”

“Art?” Private asked. “That doesn’t seem so-”

“Voidera was modeling…” Luna added with a shake of her head.

“From the tone of voice, it sounds like he was modeling au naturale,” Twilight said, then shuddered again.

“The city is coming down with this love fever…” Luna said, checking to make sure everybody was too caught in their love lives to listen, then crossed her arms. “Only a very powerful being could perform something of this magnitude.”

“Wait,” Twilight said as she thought about what happened. “Last night...all those hearts…”

“Hearts?” Luna said, then shook her head again. “I warned Tia it was only a matter of time…”

“You’re talking about Cadence, aren’t you?” Twilight asked. “Cadence is like you and Professor Celestia, isn’t she?”

Luna then pulled the pair behind one of the set of staircases, waving her hand over the space. “That should keep any eavesdroppers out.” She then turned to the pair. “Indeed, Cadence was an Alicorn as my sister and I were. She was our niece, Princess Mi Amore Cadenza, ruler of the Crystal Empire and Princess of Love.”

“... What? Really? The Princess of LOVE?! Oh… wow…” Twilight said, looking a bit stunned, and chuckling in amusement, shaking her head. “I’ve been kind of calling her that for months, now…”

“Cadence’s power was to bring out the love in any individual or pair.” Luna explained. “She once stopped two kingdoms from going to war with one another simply by using her spell to give the heirs to the kingdoms confidence enough to confess their feelings.”

“So it’s not a spell that creates love, just brings the feelings you have forward?” Private said. “And how the heck is she your niece?”

“Long story involving very stupid nobles and an old law to get rid of cake blackmail.” Luna said hurriedly. “Anyways, like the others, Cadence was reincarnated on earth, and as an alicorn she would be able to walk in the Witching hour...but Tia put a spell that would keep her entranced, her powers couldn’t manifest unless she was move….” She then looked to a guilty looking Twilight...and raised an eyebrow.

“Uh… Well… I… kinda… broke the spell… But she was with me during a witching hour, and I needed her to be aware, so she wouldn’t get killed, and she ended up helping me, but after she cast a spell that destroyed some monsters, these little hearts went flying everywhere!” Twilight rapidly explained.

“She must have unleashed her magic then, used it to protect herself and you. That means her love magic is all over the city.” Luna said, “Alright, a simple ritual will fix this matter, I just need you and Cadence to come here.”

“Oh… Uhm… She’s… She’s not talking to me,” Twilight said scuffing her foot, looking down. “She was mad about the whole Guardian thing… You know about me putting myself in danger and all that?”

“Right…” Luna said, nodding in understanding. “But whatever you feelings on the matter, you need to go and tell her that this is an emergency. If this gets out of hand, who knows what kind of disaster it could bring. In the meantime I will try to make sure nobody here goes too far in their...love fever.”

Luna then dissipated the silence bubble and went off to her work.

Private looked to the rather nervous looking Twilight. He gently put a hand on her back, rubbing it tenderly. “She’ll understand, I’m sure of it.”

“I… I hope so…” Twilight said pulling her phone out, again, dialing Cadence’s number.

“mmmm...You reached the Armor Residence...Cadence speaking.” Cadence’s voice said, in a very cozy kind of tone.

“You too?” Twilight asked, sounding perturbed again. “Geez, I’d have thought you’d be immune to your own magic…”

“What? Twilight? I...I was gonna call you but...well...Shining got really hyped up for some reason and we...well...did the thing…”

“Yeeeah… I kind of figured. So it was Shiny who got hit with your love spell… Ah, look, remember when I said you must be some kind of Love Princess, because of how good you are at matchmaking?” Twilight said sheepishly.

“Yeah...are you saying all of this has something to do with that...thing I did?” Cadence asked.

“Yes. Yes it does. If you could come to the school, you’ll kinda see for yourself,” Twilight said with a giggle. “Some of it is kind of funny, and some of it is… Well… Let’s just say it’s affected Mom and Dad, too, and that always kind of freaks me out.”

“I’ll be there, Shining is well...out. So I’ll slip out and be there in a bit....I’ll see you.”

“Thanks, Cadence… And… I’m sorry I didn’t tell you, earlier…” Twilight said contritely. “I’ll see you when you get here.”

Cadence simply hung up, leaving Twilight to sigh. Her thoughts were cut off when Private pulled her into a tender hug.

“It’s never a good thing when friends fight…” Private said, holding her. “You’ll make up, I know it.”

“I hope so…” Twilight said quietly. “She was my very first friend outside of my family… and then she became family too… Anyway we should go out front to meet her, so any shenanigans can be explained.”

___________________________________________________

Sunset was walking through the halls, shaking her head in bewilderment at everything that was happening. Sure there was some amusement that she had been right in some of her guesses at possible couples, but no classes were being held because of this rather interesting fiasco. Though she did join her sentiments with the rest of the school when she saw Lyra and Bon Bon cuddling in one corner, exchanging tender kisses.

“About time those two ‘fessed up that they’ve been in love all this time,” Sunset said chuckling as she stopped by her locker to put up her books.

As she did however, she looked over to see a stunning sight. There came Adagio, walking down the hallway in a stunning black gown, holding roses in her hands. Adagio did turn quite a few heads, but her eyes were just on Sunset…

She blushed as she came up to Sunset, smiling “Hey...Sunset…”

“Wow, Adagio, you look amazing,” Sunset said turning to her with a warm smile.

Adagio just returned the warm smile, “It’s just that, in all our time together, I never actually got around to one important bit of our relationship…”

“What do you mean?” Sunset asked, tilting her head. “What important bit are you talking about?”

Adagio reached out and handed the roses to Sunset, “A heartfelt confession…”

“A… confession?” Sunset asked, taking the roses, and looking at Adagio, a blush coming to her cheeks.

Adagio smiled, and then took Sunset’s hand. “Sunset...ever since I started feeling positive emotions, I felt this craving...this urge to be with you. I realized in that moment when I let my guard down why...because Sunset I can’t be without you. You’re strong, brave, beautiful, and you were willing to take a chance on me even when I didn’t ask for it...Sunset Shimmer I am absolutely, inconceivably in love with you…”

Sunset stood there, blinking rapidly to keep her vision from being clouded with tears, before she took Adagio into her arms, hugging her. “I… I started having feelings for you, right after I took you on the tour of the school, right after we first met. After you, and your sisters were defeated I wondered if you were okay… Then you kind of kidnapped me after Sonata did her lost puppy thing, and became besties with Pinkie, and… I kind of told you how I felt then, but… Ever since then it’s only grown stronger. I love you, too, Adagio. I can’t ever imagine myself with anybody else.”

The two took each other in their arms, just happy to be with one another. Spell or not, they would always love one another.

___________________________________________________

Luna, Cadence, and Twilight all sat in the school’s basement. Cadence sat across from Twilight, looking conflicted but determined. Twilight was just hoping that this day would be over.

Luna looked between them. “Alright, you, Cadence, will try to conjure the magic from before, I will then use Twilight’s energy to siphon the spell into a counter spell to remove the love fever from the city.”

“I understand, I can’t believe that magic was within me all this time…” Cadence said thoughtfully.

“Love Princess,” Twilight said with a giggle. “But you saw the shenanigans going on, right? It’s been going on all day, and doesn’t show a sign of stopping.”

Cadence smiled, and then turned to Luna. “Let’s do this.”

Luna nodded, and held her hand out between them. A set of stars began to form in her hand, swirling between Twilight and Cadence.

Cadence then held out her hand, trying to remember how she felt in that moment when she used her power...that joy and fierceness of love that comes from protecting someone you care for...and soon hearts began to appear in her hand, slowly getting ensnared by the stars.

Twilight then poured her own magic into the spell, increasing it’s power, the stars grew bigger their points more defined, before they glowed red.

Luna then spread her hands, causing the stars to multiply, “Scatter and bring everyone to their senses…” She said, and threw her arm out, and the stars flew away, phazing through the walls, and towards their intended targets.

_________________________________________________

“Nnnng… What?” Rainbow said, shaking her head. “What’s… going… Ray?!”

Raiden slowly got up, his shirt half off and his hair disheveled as they both laid on the floor of an empty classroom. “Babe...that was wild…” He said, a grin coming to his face.

Rainbow went into panic mode, checking herself to make sure she hadn’t done anything, and especially not The Thing. “Oh man oh man oh man… Whew… Okay. Cool. Geeze what came over me, this morning?”

“I dunno, but man were you amazing babe...all crazy and stuff.” He said.

Rainbow fumed, and collected herself. “Just don’t think it’ll happen again buster!” She began stomping for the door.

“Uh babe…” Raiden said, “Ya might want this back…” He said holding up her...BRA!?

“GIMMIE THAT!” she yelled, then kicked him in the crotch for good measure. “Stupid pervy… taking advantage of me while I was… all freaking mushy and stuff…” she griped as she stomped out the door.

As she was running down the hallway, she watched as Fluttershy came running out. “Oh Mackey what you must think of me!” She said in despair as she took off.

“Fluttershy wait!” Big Mac said, taking her hand before she could really get away.

“Mackey?” Fluttershy said, turning to him, those big turquoise eyes looking up at him worriedly.

“It ain’t like yer weird or nothin’... I mean… Had Ah come ta you, ‘stead of t’other way ‘round…” Mac said blushing. Then he bent down, and whispered into her ear.

“R-really?” Fluttershy asked, blushing. “You’d want me to do that?”

“Heh… Eeyup…”

“M-maybe… not for… a long while…” Fluttershy said a rosy blush coming to her cheeks.

“Ah can wait,” Mac said warmly, gently squeezing her hand.

“What happened…” Rainbow said, absolutely dumbstruck.

___________________________________________________

Cadence and Twilight stood on the roof together, looking on as the students began filing out. The day was let off due to the strange circumstances. But at least nobody got too far in the antics. Well as far as they could tell.

Cadence smiled as she saw more than one pair holding hands together…

“My magic did all this?” Cadence said, watching the teens.

“Pretty much,” Twilight said, watching Sonata skip along holding hands with Maude who smiled her tiny smile at the former siren’s antics. Even Aria and Trixie were standing close to one another.

“Imagine how easy this would make the couple’s counseling sections in the matchmaker business,” Cadence said, laughing.

“Maybe… Would seem kind of cheatish, though… I don’t use my magic outside of emergencies, because I want to know it’s me that’s doing everything, not the magic. I mean the magic may be part of me, but it’s not really a part of this world, if that makes any sense,” Twilight said with a shrug.

“Right...emergencies...like those monsters you face…” Cadence said, her cheerful mood fading.

“I’m not alone, Cadence,” Twilight said, turning to her, eyes pleading. “My friends are all Guardians too! So are Private and Sunset. Usually if I’m at a Witching Hour, I call them in for backup, so I’m not overwhelmed. This is something I have to do, though, or else people could get hurt. Please understand…”

Cadence let out a sigh, “I know, and I had a night to think on it. I understand this is something you need to do. I just worry about you Twilight. If anything were to happen to you…”

“That’s why I always try to be careful, and try not to fight the monsters alone,” Twilight said with a nod.

Cadence then went to hug Twilight gently, “Just don’t do anything too brash okay? I want you around for a good long while.”

“Hey, I want to be around for a good long while,” Twilight said hugging her back. “I’ve got college to plan for, and… maybe an eventual marriage… And hopefully being the best aunt ever, someday.”

“Hopefully, I’ll get to see all of that and more…”

_____________________________________________________

“YOU KNEW!” Cadence yelled as she slammed her hands down on Celestia’s desk. “You’re the one who brought her into all of this! And on top of that you put that statsis spell on me!”

“It was to protect you Cadence,” Celestia said, firmly. “You had a husband, a growing business, and so much more. I wasn’t going to involve you unless I have to.”

“I think the minute my SISTER-IN-LAW is running around fighting monsters I should’ve gotten involved!” Cadence yelled.

“Do you think I want Twilight out there fighting monsters? If things were my way she’d just go on with her school as normal! But I don’t have that luxury Cadence! Twilight is part of this whether she likes it or not!” Celestia yelled back.

“But surely there are other guardians out there?! Ready and fit to defend our world!” Cadence fired back.

“None of them are around, and few are willing to leave their homes to come here. Twilight and her friends are the only ones who can defend this world.” Celestia said, turning to the window. “Not to mention the Elements only work for them. Everything I’ve done was for Twilight’s best interests.”

“And who gave you the right to toy with Twilight’s life like this! YOU AREN’T HER MOTHER!” Cadence screamed.

Celestia stood stark still, not saying a word.

“Aunt Tia, I…”

“Go home, Cadence, Shining Armor is probably missing you…” Celestia said, not turning around.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean.” Cadence said, trying to reach her aunt.

“Just… Just go.”

Cadence then slowly turned to leave...stepping out of the office, the door closing with a sound that echoed in Celestia’s ears…

Celestia then turned, sat in her chair, and said, quietly, “I’m not...and yet I control her life so…”

Slowly, a tear fell from her eye...even as she tried to keep that pleasant mask of hers on…