• Published 28th Sep 2015
  • 4,589 Views, 329 Comments

Equestria Guardians - Jacoboby1



Twilight Sparkle was your average everyday nerdy student. But a new town presents a new life and problem aside from tests. An Evil is coming through, and Twilight may be the one of the few that can stop it. But can she do it alone? Or among Friends?

  • ...
11
 329
 4,589

Chapter 2 "Pinkie Pie"

Chapter 2
“Pinkie Pie”
Or
“Pinkie and Twi’s Excellent Adventure”

“You and Celestia were at that museum for quite a while.” Spike said. “Were you two doing boring nerdy stuff again?”

They were walking down the street on their way to school, since it wasn’t far. It was a clear, late-summer day, and thankfully not too hot to be uncomfortable.

“Pretty much, yeah,” Twilight said, thinking back on the fantastic things that had happened the night before. She still had some trouble believing it, to be honest. But the odd little bracelet on her wrist, and the weight of the case in her pack, reminded her that it did indeed happen. “Would have put you right to sleep, I’m sure.”

“I’ll bet. So let’s talk about more important things.” Spike said.

“Important things?” Twilight asked. “Like what? What classes you’re going to take? How you’re going to prepare for college? Are you actually going to be proactive for once?”

“Nevermind,” Spike said, rolling his eyes. “I’m gonna run ahead anyways, maybe I’ll catch Rarity as she’s coming to school!” he then took off, leaving his bemused sister behind.

As Twilight walked down a little ways, she spotted a familiar sight..the same roller skate wearing legs sticking out of the same garbage can. “Owwie...I’m stuck again…” a high pitched voice emanated from the can.

“Pinkie, right?” Twilight asked, as she helped the stuck girl out of the can. “I remember you doing this, yesterday, too…”

After Twilight managed to get the girl out of the can, Pinkie looked up at Twilight, her blue eyes grew wide...and Twilight was not prepared for the onslaught.

“Oh my gosh hi there! My name’s Pinkie Pie! That’s short for Pinkamania Diane Pie but everybody calls me Pinkie. I remember you from yesterday! You're the girl who helped me out of the trash the first time! You were like, ‘hi’ and I was like ‘WHAAAA!!’ Good times. Anyways I’m sorry I ran off earlier, I kinda sorta had to run to school and had to deal with the fact that there’s a new girl in town. If you’re new, that means you have no friends yet, and that’s really really sad. So allow me to fix that!” She then began shaking Twilight’s hand vigorously, so much so that Twilight was thrown up and down in the air by the force. “Hiya newbie! I’m Pinkie! Let’s be bestest besties!”

“S-s-s-sure… w-w-w-why n-n-n-n-not?” Twilight said while still being shook by the excited handshake. With some effort she extracted her hand, rubbing it, and looking at Pinkie, amused. “You’re not the most improbable thing that’s happened to me in the past few days, so… I’m willing to try being friends with a person who seems to be more a force of nature than a human being. I’m Twilight. Nice to meet you… I guess.”

“It’s great to meet you too! I’m going to throw you a big ‘Welcome to Canterlot High’ Party!”

“Really, there’s no need to go through all that trouble just for me,” Twilight said frantically. “I mean the expense alone…”

“Oh don’t worry! The Cakes are more than happy to help with my parties! Just come by Sugarcube Corner after school and it’ll be the bestest party ever!” Pinkie cheered.

The girls ventured inside the school as they continued to talk.

“You see, I used to be tutored. I’m… kind of super smart, and it was not appreciated, and so I ended up not being the biggest fan of people,” Twilight said with a sigh.

“Aww that’s sad, being around lots of people can be fun! Especially if you can get them all smiling and happy!” Pinkie said, hopping a little in her step alongside Twilight.

“I… kinda don’t have that kind of talent… To make people smile, I mean,” Twilight said with a sigh. “Too much the egghead, I guess.”

“Aww C’mon Twili! You’d be surprised how many people you can make happy if you just throw yourself out there!” She said, and then happily skipped into the crowd of students..just as music started playing out of nowhere.

“My name is Pinkie Pie! Hello!” Pinkie sang as she waved to a student she passed. “And I am here to say! How ya doin?! I’m gonna make you smile and I, will brighten up your day!”

Twilight looked at Pinkie aghast. ‘Is she really doing a musical number?! Right now? Wait… Where is that music coming from?’ Twilight thought, looking around for somebody, anybody with a radio or something, then looked back, in sheer disbelief at Pinkie’s improbable performance.

“It doesn’t matter now, if you are sad or blue.” Pinkie sang, coming up beside a young redheaded girl with a bow in her hair. Pinkie grinned and pushed her face into a smile, causing the girl to laugh. “Cuz cheering up my friends is just, what Pinkie’s here to do!”

Pinkie then mysteriously jumped all over the place, the students smiling knowingly, as if this was a common occurrence. “Cuz I love to see you smile smile smile! Yes I do! It fills my heart with Sunshine all the WHIIILE!! Yes it does! Cause all I need’s a smile smile smile! From these happy friends of mine!”

‘Maybe… she’s one of the elements that Professor Celestia told me about? I mean… this power to cause music to just… PLAY like that has got to be magic, and she’s using it to make people happy, to make people smile and laugh… It’s the only explanation that makes sense!’ Twilight mused, as she followed behind Pinkie, as she did her best to cheer up the whole school.

“I like to see you grin!”

Before Twilight knew it...others were joining in…

“Awesome!”

“I like to see you beam!”

“Rock on!”

“The Corners of your mouth turn up, is always Pinkie’s dream!” Pinkie sang, before fist bumping a mint haired girl. “Hoof bump!”

Twilight tilted her head, curiously. ‘Hoof bump?!’

“But if you’re kind of worried, and your face as made a frown,” Pinkie sang as she came up to Mister Donkey, the math teacher, and Miss Grapes the History teacher, two staff members who were not known for, you know, smiling. “I'll work real hard and do my best to turn that sad frown upside down…” Mister Donkey chuckled, an amused smile appearing on his face at Pinkie’s antics. Miss Grapes facepalmed, as if to say “Not THIS again”, and shook her head with a wry smile on her face.

Pinky simply looked happy to see them smile, even if they weren’t just plain happy smiles.

“‘Cause I love to make you grin, grin, grin!” Pinkie sang, going into what appeared to be another chorus, dancing with various students in the halls, though garnering a rather angry look from… Fluttershy? “Yes I do. Bust it out from ear to ear let it begin. Just give me a joyful grin, grin, grin; and you fill me with good cheer.”

Then Pinkie zipped back to Twilight’s side, putting her arm around her shoulder, looking mournful.

“It’s true some days are dark and lonely, and maybe you feel sad,” Pinkie sang in a more subdued tone, causing Twilight to tilt her head curiously at that.

‘Pinkie seems shallow, but there’s obviously more to her than that..’ Twilight thought.

“But Pinkie will be there to show you it isn’t that bad,” Pinkie sang, looking right into Twilight’s eyes, with utmost sincerity, causing a reluctant smile to form on Twilight’s own face. Pinkie then spun away from her new friend, and sang/declared to the whole hallway: “There’s one thing that makes me happy, and makes my whole life worthwhile: And that’s when I talk to my friends, and get them to smile!”

Pinkie came back to Twilight, linking their arms, and encouraged the normally shy nerd to skip down the hallway with her.

“I really am so happy. Your smile fills me with glee. I give a smile, I get a smile, and that’s so special to me! ‘Cause I love to see you beam, beam, beam. Yes I do. Tell me what more I can say to make you see… that I do. It makes me happy when you beam, beam beam. Yes it really makes my day…” Pinkie spun away from Twilight again, standing in the middle of the hallway, arms spread, imploringly.

“Come on, everybody, smile smile smile. Fill my heart up with sunshine, sunshine. All I really need’s a smile smile smile, from these happy friends of miiiiine…”

Just then the whole hallway, possibly even the whole school began to sing that refrain.

“Come on, everybody, smile smile smile. Fill my heart up with sunshine, sunshine. All I really need’s a smile smile smile, from these happy friends of miiiiine…”

As the chorus kept singing, Pinkie sang her own line: “The perfect gift for me is a smile as wide as a mile to make me happy as can be…”

Pinkie and the chorus, which was causing Twilight to wonder just why so many people in one school have such good singing voices, then sang: “Smile, smile, smile smile smile…”

Then Pinkie finished with: “Come on and smile. Come on and smile!” And with that the music played its final note. Then the first bell of the day rang.

There was a general cry of consternation, almost a collective “GAH!” before everybody began scrambling for their lockers or to their classes. Twilight, of course, was included in this general rush, but this morning had been rather… memorable.

_________________________________________________________________

After school, Twilight walked the streets of downtown Canterlot City. She looked down at the invitation that Pinkie gave her during last period, and then up at the building where her party was. It was a two-storey building, apparently with living quarters above the business below. Situated, as it was, on a corner allowed for them to put the entrance at an angle to make the building a little more interesting. There was a magenta awning along the building’s two exposed sides, and three tables for al fresco dining outside.

A rather humble building for all intents and purposes. Twilight also groaned a little, seeing the bright lights and music coming from inside. It was the kind of parties she usually avoided, the big lights, too much punch, too loud music, so many of her old instincts wanted to just turn around and forget the whole thing.

But, no, if she was going to represent friendship...she had to try something...she took a deep breath, and opened the door.

“SURPRISE!!!!” Pinkie shouted as she appeared in the doorway.

“GAH!” Twilight uttered, recoiling from the hyperactive girl, and her antics. “Pinkie, I knew there was going to be a party! You gave me an invitation! There was no need to give me a heart attack!”

“I know, I just wanted to say it! C’mon in Twili!” She said, pulling Twilight inside the building.

Along the interior windows were these quaint two-person tables, with cushioned seats, though in the corner, closest to the counter, there was a comfortable-looking green couch with a table in front of it. Over the individual tables, and at the end of the couch were these neat bronze retro-style lights with star patterns punched into them. All in all the whole atmosphere was of an old-fashioned soda shoppe, but with a modern twist.

All around however the place was filled with people. All chatting, partying or just enjoying the atmosphere. Off to the side was a girl with two-tone blue hair spinning tunes, and bobbing hear head to the beat.

“You… even got a deejay…” Twilight said sounding stunned.

“Well, Vinyl’s up for deejaying all the time so I’m happy to oblige!” Pinkie said, pushing Twilight in. “Hey everybody! Our guest of honor is here! Twilight Sparkle!”

Everybody gave a cheer and some polite greetings before going right back to the party. Pinkie practically threw herself into said party, running around this way and that. Twilight honestly felt a little, out of place. She never got invited to these things, that she could remember anyways. So she quietly moved over to the punch bowl. She then overheard a conversation between a pair of girls.

“See Bon Bon I told you this would be great.” A mint green haired girl said as she sat at a booth across from a girl with pink and blue hair.

“Yeah, Pinkie’s parties can be pretty fun, Lyra.” Bon Bon replied. “Though, do you even know what it’s about?”

“Not really, something about some new girl. Though Pinkie throws so many parties nowadays they just all kinda blur after a while.” Lyra replied. “Wonder if it’s a coping thing.”

“She can’t still be worked up about…” Bon Bon said.

“Well, when you’re that close to a group of friends it’s hard when they break up.” Lyra said sadly.

Twilight tilted her head, looking at the duo, curiously. “Uhm… Excuse me. I’m sorry, but I couldn’t help but overhear,” she started, smiling apologetically. “You said Pinkie used to have some really close friends… and they had some kind of… falling out?”

Lyra and Bon Bon looked at each other, uncertain at first of what to say. Then Bon Bon said, “You’re the new girl right? Twilight Sparkle? Then I guess you probably didn’t know.”

Lyra stepped in. “See, back in freshman year, Pinkie was a part of this group of friends that were super close. It was like they just, gravitated towards each other. They did everything together.”

“It lasted for freshman year than most of last year, but come the spring of last year, they all suddenly started arguing.” Bon Bon explained. “They fought over every little thing and kept accusing one another of missing appointments and events they planned. Then small arguing turned to insults and well...they split up before summer came around.”

“It’s sad really,” Lyra said. “It was painful to watch friends like that split up. I mean, I don’t know what I’d do if me and Bon Bon split.”

Bon Bon smiled, and slid a hand over to Lyra’s. “Nothing is going to split us up Lyra, trust me.” Lyra smiled in turn.

Twilight smiled and nodded. “‘Best friends’, hm?” Twilight asked, air-quoting “best friends” as she said it.

“HEY TWILI!!” Pinkie said, suddenly appearing. “Are you enjoying the party?! Areya?! Lyra and Bon Bon are great girls to hang around with, though it seems like everybody else can see it but them that they are more than jus-” Pinkie’s rant was cut off when Twilight held up a hand. “Twili?”

“Pinkie, can we talk? Alone?” Twilight asked. “It’s important.”

“Ooooh, okay! We’ll head out back.” Pinkie said, hopping away towards the back door that led to the alleyway outside.

Twilight sighed, shrugged at the two girls, and followed Pinkie out the back door. This was going to be an interesting talk to be sure. Pinkie had friends, they broke up… For some reason something about this sparked the need to investigate in Twilight. There was something off about Pinkie’s party craze...something that Twilight needed to get to the bottom of…

“So Twili! Enjoying the party so far?” Pinkie asked, bouncing a little on her heels.

“Yeah, kind of. I never got invited to a lot of them, so I was feeling kind of out-of-place, though,” Twilight admitted honestly. “I hear you throw a lot of parties, though… And that you used to have really close friends…”

Pinkie’s cheery demeanor blew away in an instant. “Who told you I had friends…?” she said, her fists clenching a little…

“I overheard it at the party,” Twilight said kindly. “And… I hoped I was your friend, at least.”

“Oh well you don’t need to worry about those meanies Twilight.” Pinkie said, suddenly smiling again. “Fluttershy, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, and Applejack are all just giant jerks that don’t need to be thought about.” The way she said it was as if she didn’t want to think about them.

“What happened?” Twilight asked. “From what I heard, you used to be really tight, and then… things started to go wrong.”

“C’mon Twili, let’s not think about those meanie jerks who always always ignored my parties! They kept saying my parties were not important! That I was having too many! That they had more important things to do! So...let’s just ignore all of that and go back to having fun.” She said, trying to walk back inside, only for Twilight to stop her.

“Wait. Please. It’s obvious you’re still hurting, Pinkie,” Twilight said gently gripping her shoulders. “Please, tell me. I really really want to help.”

“I don’t need help Twili! Let’s just party and forget all of this!” Pinkie said, trying to move away.

Twilight gripped tighter and said firmly. “You can’t just ignore it by partying all the time!!”

“Twili…?” Pinkie said, her blue eyes wide in shock.

“I’m sorry. But ignoring how badly you were hurt by losing your friends isn’t good for you. You keep holding parties, sure, but eventually… you may end up holding a party for the wrong people and end up in really bad trouble. I just want to help. I just want to be a friend to you, and a good friend doesn’t ignore when their friend is hurting,” Twilight said with sincerity. “So please, tell me, okay?”

“Twili…” Pinkie said, a tear falling down her eye. But before she could reply…

BONG BONG BONG

Pinkie yelped in shock as she saw everything freeze around her. “What the hay is going on!?” A witching hour had come.

“Oh, of ALL THE ROTTEN TIMING!” Twilight griped, facepalming. “Wait… You’re not frozen… Oh boy. Okay, there’s going to be some kind of monster coming through a portal any minute. I’ve got to fight it, but you should stay back...”

Instead of shock or disbelief, Pinkie simply nodded cheerfully. “Okay Twili”

“Wait, you understand it?” Twilight said in shock.

“Uh, duh, I read the script Twili, don’t be silly and just kick monster butt.” Pinkie said to Twilight’s disbelieving face.

Before either could speak, there was a large crash as a car was thrown to the side, distracting both Twilight and Pinkie. She ran out into the street to see a large armored turtle like creature walking on hind legs, roaring at her with terrible ferocity.

“... Is that Bowser?” Twilight asked, tilting her head. “Sorry, your princess is in another dimension!” CRASH! A car was thrown at her. “YIPE! Okay, so that would be why you’re pissed off! Where are some stereotypical Italian plumbers when you need them?”

It roared and came charging at her, about to hammer down a large fist at her.

“Twili look out!” Pinkie yelled from the alleyway.

Twilight just managed to dodge in time, holding her hand out. “Okay...I can do this, Staff of Magic?” A magenta light glowed in her hand for a briefest moment, then the staff appeared again. “Yes! Eat this turtle!!” She fired some magic missiles from the staff, they hit the beast...only for the missiles to barely do any lasting damage. “Oookay...that’s bad. Another spell another spell… Armor piercing spell… D&D don’t fail me now… Uh… ACID ARROW!”

Nothing came out...and the monster roared as Twilight ran off, swinging her staff to launch some objects at the monster to slow it down. Pinkie meanwhile watched Twilight as she fought. “She’s really giving it her all out there...I really wish I could he-whooooo!!” She suddenly blinks, and….

_________________________________________________________________________

Found herself in a strange place. A blue sky was above her, and she stood on an invisible platform, overlooking a bottomless abyss. “Whoooo! Did I eat those special brownies Mrs Cake once had?”

Pinkie Pie… You hide behind laughter, hiding your pain. You seek to make everyone smile, because yours is so hard to bring out.

“Hm? Who’s there?! Are you friendly? I’m always happy to make new friends!” Pinkie said, looking around.

Yes. You always seek to make new friends, because the friends you had hurt you. You seek to hide how you really feel behind the laughing jester’s mask. However one can not smile forever, nor can one laugh all the time. You must allow yourself to feel, least you go mad.

“But..my parties make everybody happy...I don’t want to feel sad! I don’t want to think about it! I just want everybody to be happy forever!!” Pinkie yelled, as she started crying for the first time. “Stop it..just take me back...just let me forget...all that pain…”

One cannot know happiness without sadness. And hiding your pain only allows it to fester. Nobody can be happy forever, Pinkie Pie, nor can anybody be sad forever. Sadness will pass, and the memory of the sadness, the memory of the pain, will make the happy times all the sweeter. The memory of the happiness and laughter makes the times of sadness and pain easier to bear. You must allow yourself to feel all emotions, Pinkie Pie, not hide them beneath the mask of a clown.

“I…” Pinkie wiped away her tears. “I get it, I know what you’re saying weird voice thingy...but Twilight, is the first friend who really wanted me to see how wrong I was to hide. I want to help her, I want to do something to beat that mean ol monster…”

You seek to help others, to protect those who cannot protect themselves, so they may experience both happiness and sadness, without fear?

Pinkie stood. “Just tell me what to do.” She looked up and saw a large cannon form in front of her, with handles to hold it like one of those cartoonishly huge gatling guns.

Then take up this weapon, and swear to fight for your friends and for all the world’s happiness!

Pinkie stepped forward, grabbed the handle and said. “I SWEAR!”

A bright light enveloped her.

_______________________________________________________________

Twilight dodged another punch coming from the beast. She breathed heavily. “No matter what I throw at it I can’t get through this thing’s armor.” She looked up as the monster lifted another fist to attack her...only for…

“PARTY CANNON GO BOOOM!!!”

Suddenly out of nowhere a large cannon ball hit the creature, blasting it into a nearby wall. Twilight looked over, and saw Pinkie holding the cannon. Pinkie grinned. “Hey Twili! I’m here to help too!”

Twilight sagged with relief, and waved to Pinkie. “Keep blasting it! Your cannon is just what’s needed to get through that thing’s shell!” Twilight grinned, blasting it with magic missiles to keep the giant turtle thing off balance. “I knew there was a reason why she wasn’t frozen… She’s another guardian!”

Pinkie kept blasting the monster, busting it’s armor bit by bit. Pinkie cheered. “We got it on the ropes!”

“Pinkie! There’s something else you can do! Try yelling guardian beast!” Twilight said, eager to see what sort of beast Pinkie had.

Pinkie grinned, aimed her cannon at the sky, and said almost instinctually. “GUARDIAN BEAST! ROCKODILE!!” A blue light fired into the sky...and a few seconds later a huge alligator made of stone came flying down towards the turtle monster, opening it’s massive jaws and coming to chomp down on the monster.

“Okay then… That works,” Twilight said, staring. She then shook her head, and used her magic missiles to keep pecking away at its health. “Nice Guardian Beast, Pinkie. Let’s take this thing down, before it hurts somebody!”

The pair launch blow after blow at it, before combining their weapons into one large blast of magical energy, hitting it square in the chest and causing it to explode in the sky. Pinkie cheered. “WHOOO HOOO!! BEST PARTY EVER!!!” She cheered, suddenly pulling Twilight into a victory dance.

“GAH!” Twilight yelped, barely having time to dismiss her staff, before being pulled into Pinkie’s wild dance. “Pinkie!” Twilight laughed, as they danced. “Ugh… Come on, we’ve got to get back to the party, before folks realize we’re gone.”

“Actually…” Pinkie said, looking at the party. “I, don’t think it’s for me, the party will wear itself out. I kinda..want a real party, with the first real friend I’ve had in awhile.”

Twilight, smiled. “Sleepover?”

“Sleepover.”

_____________________________________________________________

After some arrangements were made, and a stop by Twilight’s house to pick up bag number 42, the “Sudden Sleepover at a New Friend’s House” bag, they made their way to Pinkie’s house for the sleepover. Twilight did a quick check to make sure the pyjamas in the bag were the right size, because said bag wasn’t used all that often, but once that was done they were well on their way.

Pinkie was quick to order a huge pizza, half with Twilight’s favorite toppings, and half with her own favorites, and they settled in for a night of girl talk, and nomming. Twilight, naturally, insisted on helping Pinkie with her homework, before any kinds of other games, or activities, though.

“Okay. Now that we don’t have to worry about homework… Can you tell me what happened between you and your friends, please? I don’t know why, but something about it has got me curious,” Twilight inquired, as she looked earnestly at Pinkie.

“Well,” Pinkie said, sitting on the bed. “I guess it all kind of started last year. We were all really busy around that time, ya know, with the year wrapping up and all. I tried to throw parties during that time, but I kept getting texts and emails from the girls saying they couldn’t come for this or that reason.

“Texts, and emails, hm,” Twilight said thoughtfully. “None of this was said in person?”

“Now that I think about it, no not really. Wierd huh?” Pinkie said.

Before Twilight could speak, her eyes went wide. “Uh… Pinkie? You… You seem to have some kind of reptile in your hair…”

Sure enough, nomming on Pinkie’s curly hair was a small green alligator with purple eyes that were left in a weirdly blank expression. Pinkie looked over and smiled. “Oh, that’s just Gummy, he’s my pet gator.”

“You have a pet alligator?!” Twilight yelled in shock.

“Oh don’t worry, Gummy doesn’t have any teeth, see.” She reached over and Gummy nommed from her hair to her arm, hanging there for Twilight to see.

Twilight sighed, “Only you Pinkie.”

“Anyway… I have another question. It may seem silly, but it’s kind of important. How often do you change your password on your email and text accounts?” Twilight asked.

“Are you saying somebody could’ve hacked me!? Made it look like I said all those things to my friends?!” Pinkie said, her eyes wide at the realization. “Oh my gosh! I can’t believe we didn’t think that! Maybe it was all a conspiracy conspired by Rainbow Dash’s evil twin WOBNIAR!”

“Or by somebody who was jealous of you guys being so tight…” Twilight hypothesised. “Do you know anybody who seemed to not like you all being so close?”

“Hmmm, nope, I thought everybody liked us.” Pinkie said. “Well except Sunset Shimmer but I don’t think she likes anybody.”

“Sunset Shimmer?” Twilight asked, then sat there looking thoughtful. “Wait… She… When Magic chose me, she accuse me of stealing it from her. She seemed to think she deserved it, or was entitled to it… I wonder if she figured out that you, and your friends could be the wielders of the Elements of Harmony?”

“Elements of what?” Pinkie asked.

“Oh, right, I should’ve given this to you sooner.” Twilight reached into her bag, pulling out the small case Celestia gave her. She opened it, revealing the five gems that symbolized the Elements.

“Ooooh! Nice bling Twilight!” Pinkie said. “Why’s the blue one glowing though?”

“Glowing?” Twilight said, looking down and sure enough, the blue gem was glowing brightly. “Pinkie I, think this one’s yours.”

Pinkie for once didn’t say anything, and nervously moved her hand and touched the glowing gem. It glowed even brighter, before becoming a bright light, moving onto Pinkie’s wrist and forming a gold bracelet with a balloon shaped version of the gem. Pinkie looked at it with wide eyes.

“Twili, it feels, like it was always supposed to be there.” Pinkie said.

“I think it was supposed to be,” Twilight said with a small smile. “You are meant to have the Element of Laughter.”

“Aww, it’s like a cute friendship bracelet.” Pinkie said with a laugh.

“Pinkie! This is serious!” Twilight said, a little annoyed.

“Right, sorry.” Pinkie replied.

“There are still four more elements left.” Twilight said. “and if my hunch is right, I think you and your friends are the others.”

“So we gotta find everybody, convince us all to be friends again so we can kick monster butt?” Pinkie said. “This is great! Once everybody is back together we can do uniforms and poses and stuff!”

“Pinkie, this is not Sailor Moon…” Twilight groaned. “Or the Power Rangers for that matter. No ‘sailor senshi’, or ‘sentai’ uniforms, please.”

“So much for that direction.” Pinkie said, tossing out a script that she procured from nowhere.

“Anyways,” Twilight yawned. “It’s been a long day, I think I’m going to hit the hay.”

They took turns going to the bathroom to change into their pyjamas, and brush their teeth. Twilight settled in her sleeping bag on the floor, laying beside Pinkie’s bed, so they could chat, if they needed. The excitement of the day caught up with them, though, and soon, they were both drifting off to sleep.

“Hey Twili?” Pinkie said, before they did drift off.

“What Pinkie?” Twilight asked tiredly.

“Thanks for, making me see what my parties were doing and all,” Pinkie said, staring at the ceiling. “In all the excitement I guess I forgot to thank you for all that.”

“It was nothing, really, Pinkie,” Twilight said, yawning.

“We should do more sleepovers, do stuff like truth or dare or talk about cute boys and stuff,” Pinkie speculated.

“I don’t think that’ll happen, besides, I don’t think any boy would get excited over a nerd like me,” Twilight said, half asleep.

“I dunno, Private seemed to like you well enough.”

Twilight blushed brightly, and you could hear from half a block away.

“PIIINKIIIIEEE!!!”