• Published 28th Sep 2015
  • 4,598 Views, 329 Comments

Equestria Guardians - Jacoboby1



Twilight Sparkle was your average everyday nerdy student. But a new town presents a new life and problem aside from tests. An Evil is coming through, and Twilight may be the one of the few that can stop it. But can she do it alone? Or among Friends?

  • ...
11
 329
 4,598

Chapter 14 "Discord Part 2"

Chapter 14

“Discord Part 2”

Or

“And Sleeping In The Middle of a Summer Afternoon”

Twilight knelt there, on hands and knees, tears streaming down her face. She had dragged these altered versions of her friends so far only to have Rainbow, somebody who valued loyalty, to betray them. Sure it had to have been Discord’s doing, just like with all the others, but she had been Twilight’s last hope. Now… It seemed like there was no hope at all. The city would be turned into a madhouse, and there was nothing she could possibly do about it.

“I… I should have stuck with homeschooling,” Twilight murmured to herself, slowly getting to her feet. “I should have never made friends. Losing them hurts too much…”

She looked back at her former friends, bickering and arguing… All hope seemed totally lost forever. Twilight slumped, and simply started to walk away from the park. Who was she kidding? She was never meant for this. The idea that she could be anything more than a nerdy high schooler was just a fever dream…

She walked slowly off, back towards Canterlot High…

_________________________________________________________

Celestia meanwhile, groaned as she was being shaken. She blinked open her eyes to see Spike kneeling beside her. “Principal Celestia! Thank goodness you are awake!” He said with a smile.

“Spike…? How long was I out?” Celestia said, sitting up. She then remembered what happened before. “TWILIGHT!” She looked around and saw the gym was deserted. “No… they didn’t…”

“Principal Celestia, what’s going on?” Spike asked. “The park is going nuts, apple trees are running all over the place, it’s raining chocolate and I can’t find Twilight and the others anywhere!”

Celestia sighed realizing she should’ve done more. She should have been more careful. “It seems once again I thrust Twilight and the others into danger. My lot in life I guess…” She said sadly.

“Hey don’t say that, nothing can beat Twilight so long as she has the others too,” Spike said, encouragingly.

“Your faith is admirable, Spike, but they have never faced a foe such as Discord before. He will destroy their friendship, and utterly break them as well. The Elements are worthless without the bond they share…” Celestia said, looking at her feet. “And I couldn’t stop him.”

“Hey!” Spike yelled, getting her attention. “Don’t you give up on them now! Don’t forget that Twilight is my SISTER! If there is a chance to help her stop this Discord guy, then I’ll take it no matter how small!”

Celestia...smiled, and waved her hand, opening a small portal. “There is...one way…”

__________________________________________________________

Twilight walked through the town, head down, as the landscape was absolutely crazy. Buildings floated through the sky, strangely altered animals danced through the scene, the roads were covered with soap. Twilight looked around, sadly, wondering how soon the world would be engulfed by this madness.

“Oh why so down Twilight?” Discord said, suddenly appearing on a fire hydrant that spontaneously grew flowers. “Finally hit a problem your little brain couldn’t solve?”

“Here to twist the knife?” Twilight asked, looking at the chimera with dull eyes. “You’ve broken my friendships, and are breaking the world into pieces. What more do you want? Me to say you’ve won? Fine. You’ve won. I was a fool to think I could be some kind of hero.”

“Oh well you just aren’t fun are you?” Discord said. “You’re more like Celestia than I thought. So foolhardy to believe you had-”

Suddenly, a trashcan lid came out of nowhere, and hit Discord upside the head. Discord suddenly started seeing stars and mumbling. “Tuesday’s….applesauce day…” He said, falling over.

“Twilight!” Spike said, running up with a pair of books in his hands. “Come on!” He grabbed Twilight’s hand and pulled her into an alley away from Discord. “Phew...that was close, good thing my aim is still good.” Spike said, breathing heavily from the run.

“Spike? What are you doing out here? It’s not safe. It’ll… it’ll never be safe again,” Twilight asked, leaning against the wall.

“Twilight! We can still beat Discord! I found a way!” Spike implored.

“HOW?! He’s broken my friends, and made them the opposites of themselves! He’s taken the Elements, and hid them somewhere, and of course he lied about the Elements being in the park, so we don’t have our main defence, and they’re probably useless, because my friends are now the OPPOSITE of their Elemental virtues!” Twilight yelled, then slid down the wall to where she was sitting on the ground. “The world is doomed, Spike. Doomed.”

Spike lifted Twilight’s face, and slapped her across the face. “GET A HOLD OF YOURSELF!” He yelled at her.

“OW! SPIKE!” Twilight growled, glaring at him. “You little…”

“The Twilight I know never gives up! And she isn’t starting now! Here!” Spike said, holding out a book and one small folded note. “Celestia gave these to me, they are our one shot!”

“What? What are…” Twilight said taking the objects, and looking at them. Much to her surprise the book was her diary. “My diary?!”

“I uh...helped her find that, she said I had to get it,” Spike explained.

“We are going to have a long talk about boundaries later mister.” Twilight snarked, taking the diary and the note. She unfolded it, recognizing Celestia’s handwriting.

A Bond cannot be broken
Not one so true
So seek the power within that bond
And the power will return to you

“Trying to save the world and Celestia’s decides to send us bad poetry?!” Twilight yelled.

“Yeash, Twilight…” Spike said staring at her.

“If you’ve had the day I’ve had, you’d be pissed too,” Twilight retorted. “Again, the Elements are useless. I don’t think they’ll work if everybody’s the exact opposite of their element…” Twilight added, deciding to flip through her diary. Her eyes grew wide as she looked at some entries… then a smile came to her face. “I know how to get them back…”

Twilight got up and started walking back to the park. “Now I know what the diary is for… C’mon, Spike, we’ve got some friends to save.”

_______________________________________________

“You will not get your grubby little hands on Tom!” Rarity yelled, holding on to her rock as the girls continued to argue in the park.

“I don’t want your stupid rock!” Fluttershy yelled. “And I think you secretly have a crush on Applejack!”

“Ah dun have a cru-” Aj began before Twilight came running in.

“Wow, you guys haven’t moved? I’m… really surprised, honestly…” Twilight observed skidding to a stop. She flipped through her diary, trying to find the right entries. “Okay… where to start…”

“Maybe you can start by not being so smug about everything…” Pinkie grumbled.

“So long as everybody stays away from my beautiful Tom!” Rarity yells.

“Rarity is going to leave me for a ROCK!?” Spike yelled in a panic.

“Eeeyup.” Applejack said, doing the tic.

“Spike, she’s under a spell,” Twilight said with a huge sigh. “She thinks the rock is a giant diamond. Though… Hey, Rarity, remember all the work you put into our Fall Formal dresses?”

“What?” Rarity said, a brief moment of color coming to her eyes. “Ye-yes...I do…” She said, as Twilight opened her diary, and read an entry out loud.

“'Rarity insisted upon working so hard on our dresses, doing her best to bring out the beauty she saw in each of us, and she insisted that she needed no payment, though I'm sure the materials had to cost a pretty penny. She just wanted us all to look our best',” Twilight read smiling at the memory.

Rarity blinked, and smiled wide, hopped off Tom and the color returned to her eyes. “Well worth it I’ll say!” She said cheerfully.

“Hey, Applejack? Remember telling us all about your trip to Manehatten?” Twilight asked.

“Nuh Ah don’t!” Aj yelled, she was about half way through the tic before Twilight read an entry.

"'It didn't take Applejack long to realize she didn't belong there. She was a country gal trying to be a big-city socialite, and she felt like she was being stifled. So she caught the first train back home, and returned to the loving arms of her family. She said the lesson she learned from that trip was to always be true to herself'," Twilight read smiling at the memory of that particular sleepover. It had been nice to learn more about Applejack, that night.

Applejack, gave a genuine smile as eyes changed back to normal as well. “Yeah, and there ain’t nuthin better than strivin tah be true to yourself always!” She said, “YEEE HAAWW!!”

“Glad you’re so happy…” Pinkie grumbled. “But there’s nothing you can say, Twilight, that will make me happy…”

“Challenge accepted,” Twilight said with a grin. "'Pinkie Pie, even to this day, seeks to make others laugh. But the laughter she seeks is the laugh of pure joy. The laugh that someone gives when they are truly enjoying themselves, and having fun. She never wants to hear somebody laughing at somebody, or at someone's expense. She wants to hear happy laughter, or laughter at a joke being told. Because laughter at funny jokes is always shared, because the teller is laughing with you, not at you'."

Pinkie’s bright blue eyes were restored, and her hair seemed poofier than usual. She looked at Twilight, and gave her a mega glomp. “OOOOH! I’m so sorry Twilight! I love you guys so much! It’s so great to be back!”

“I’m so glad you’re back to yourself,” Twilight said hugging Pinkie back. “Your being altered hurt the most…”

“Yeah well, you won’t turn me back you dummy!” Fluttershy yelled as Twilight moved on to her. “You’re fat and ugly and stuff!”

“You can’t think of anything new, huh?” Twilight asked with a smile. “You’re still… you, even altered. Let’s see… Ah, here it is. 'If it wasn't for Fluttershy, I think there would be a lot more stray animals being killed in the streets. She finds them, and takes them to the shelter, where she often cares for them all by herself. I know I wouldn't have my pet owl, if it wasn't for her caring for his hurt wing. I'm sure a lot of animal lovers in town have Fluttershy to thank for their new furry companions. All in all, Fluttershy's kindness has gone a long way to improving a lot of people's lives... I know it's improved mine'."

Fluttershy’s eyes changed back to their liquid blue and she started sniffling. “Oh my gosh...I was so mean!”

“There there sugarcube.” Aj said, patting Fluttershy’s back. “We all weren’t ourselves.”

“Now all that’s left is to get-” Twilight began.

“HOLD ON, RAY, I’M COMING!!” The girls look up to see Rainbow chasing… a cloud… and somehow over the course of her flying she went from trying to save her dad to saving Raiden…

“Oh great, how are we going to catch her?” Twilight said, crossing her arms. “She’s the only one of us who can fly that fast!”

“I got this one, Twili!” Pinkie said, and went to a nearby tree, setting up a snare trap. Pinkie then reached into her hair, and pulled out an autographed picture of Spitfire, the star kicker for the Wonderbolts, and laid it in the snare. She then cupped her mouth and said, “Geee! I dropped this limited edition picture of Spitfire! Autographed and everything! Aww well! I guess I’ll leave it for someone else to love and appreciate it!”

Not five seconds later, Rainbow stopped her pursuit, and zoomed right into the snare trap. “Hey! Put me down! I gotta snag the picture to save Ray!” She yelled, struggling in the trap.

“Works every time,” Pinkie said with a giggle.

Twilight stared for a long moment. “We’ve got to seal Discord. We really do. Cartoon logic is actually working.”

Rainbow continued to struggle as she hung upside down from the snare. “Hey! Put me down! I gotta rescue Dad! And Ray! And Spitfire!” She yelled.

“So… Discord snagged her by conflicting her loyalties,” Twilight observed, as she looked for her entry for Rainbow Dash. “At least she’s still loyal… Just trying to be loyal to her dad, and that Raiden guy apparently.”

“An’ loyal to tha Wonderbolts.” Aj said, smiling.

“That kind of goes without saying. Her loyalty is one of her best qualities, except when it’s being used against us,” Twilight observed. “'On the soccer team, nobody works harder than Rainbow Dash. Most would think she'd be a slave driver, but she works with everybody on the team, trying to get them to be the best they can be. Even her young fan, Scootaloo, has been given a job to help out, so she'd feel like she's accomplishing something good for the team, even if she can't play yet. She is loyal to them, and this inspires them to do their best for her'."

Rainbow blinked, her eyes returning to their normal magenta, she looked around at all of her friends. “Ya...guys..I really goofed huh?” She apologized.

“Not more than any of us today,” Fluttershy said kindly.

“Now Ah jus’ have one question, why was Ray such a priority to ya when you were chasin that cloud you thought was somebody in danger?” Aj asked with a smirk.

“Shut it and cut me down all of you!” Rainbow yelled.

“You’re a fine one to talk, Applejack, considering all the… things you talked about…” Twilight uttered making a face. “Apparently you have emotionally confusing dreams about yourself and Rarity.”

“... She what?” Rarity asked, raising an eyebrow.

“Well she was under Discord’s influence at the time, and what she said was that she didn’t have emotionally confusing dreams about herself and Rarity, and since she was lying…” Twilight explained with a grin.

“Twilight, Ah think ya should just stop before ya dig yerself any deeper,” Applejack said with her arms crossed.

“Well it’s not the craziest ship I’ve heard,” Pinkie said as she pulled...a hacksaw out of her hair and used it to cut Rainbow down.

Twilight blinked, then looked at Pinkie. “I’m afraid to ask what is the craziest ship you’ve heard…”

Pinkie smiled, “Welll…”

__________________________________________________________

“Remind me never to ask… ever again…” Twilight said, as they walked through the chaos filled park.

“I just cannot believe it… all of them… at once…?” Rarity said, utterly shocked.

“I told you guys it was crazy,” Pinkie said, hopping along.

“Let’s not mention it around Discord. He’d probably ship it,” Twilight said, pulling out the sheet of paper that Celestia had sent with Spike. “Well, we proved the first part of Professor Celestia’s rhyming couplet true… ‘Seek the power within that bond, and the power will return to you’... What does that mean?”

“We’d better figure it out soon… there he is..” Aj said as they saw Discord sitting on a throne before them.

He grinned madly. “Oh and with those pesky elements out of the way, this universe will be filled with such wonderful chaos!” He laughed madly.

“Too late,” Twilight said. “The universe is already filled with chaos. Not your type of chaos, but chaos nonetheless. There are even humans who study it.”

“Well well, if isn’t...WHAT!?” He yelped in shock, seeing Twilight’s friends standing around her. “But...how!? I smashed that bond of yours to pieces!”

“You can’t permanently break the bonds of a true friendship, Discord. With the proper care, and communication, they can be healed, and made stronger than ever,” Twilight said with a firm nod.

“You aren’t going to split us up anymore!” Rainbow yelled, smacking her fists together.

“Not now! Not ever!” Fluttershy added.

“As if we’d stay at each other’s throats forever! You have a lot to learn about friendship Darling!” Rarity yelled.

“Gettin’ us all to doubt ourselves, doubt what makes us who we are. Ain’t no crime worse than that!” Aj added.

“Although the chocolate rain was delicious, you are going down!” Pinkie added.

Discord chuckled, “And just how do you expect to win when I hold all the-” He reaches into a body-pocket, and his face contorts in shock. “What?! Where did they go!?”

Twilight smiled, and held up her wrist, “Looking for these?” She said with a smirk. One by one, each element reappeared on its owner’s wrist. “Our bond is our power, and with the power of our bond, our powers was returned to us. Now…” Twilight held out her hand, and her staff appeared in it. “Let’s see how you like getting a little taste of harmony.”

The girls all called forth their weapons. Discord absolutely fumed. “NO! NO! You can’t beat me! I will not be sealed again! My chaos will reign supreme!” He fired a swarm of magical bolts at the group.

The girls all nodded, and joined their weapons together, and a shield sprang up around them, blocking the bolts of magic shot at them. They glowed, the pony ears, and ponytails appearing upon them. Then their elemental colors sprang from them, flying into the air as a rainbow, and flew at Discord, slamming into him!

TASTE THE RAINBOW MOTHERTRUCKER!!!

Slowly, Discord turned back to stone, starting with his tail, and slowly working up that serpentine body, ending with his face, displaying a look of complete shock and dismay at this development. Once Discord was gone, the park slowly returned to normal. Reporters would be totally baffled by what happened. Also there was the fact the statue was returned to it’s original spot.

Twilight and the others however, snuck away to a small alleyway after the fighting. Nobody needed to know what happened in the park.

“Wow… Today was something else,” Twilight said with a huge sigh, leaning against the wall. “We came so close to losing… Nevermind being discovered…”

“Glad that’s all over,” Aj said, sitting down on a trash can.

“Everyone…” Fluttershy said quietly. “Could you...all forgive me for-”

“Fluttershy we’ve already forgiven each other,” Rainbow said. “Discord made us all coo coo.”

“Hey Rarity, whatever happened to that rock you decided to call Tom?” Pinkie said.

“Oh, I gave Spikey Wikey the pick ax I used to dig the rock out with. He said was going to put that miserable boulder to good use,” Rarity said, smiling.

___________________________________________________________

“Try to steal Rarity now will ya?” Spike said, holding the pickaxe over his shoulder. “I’m sure you’ll make a nice bird bath…”

“Uh… You’re personifying a rock,” Twilight uttered. “You know the ROCK wasn’t trying to steal Rarity, right? Discord made her think it was a huge diamond.”

“You should’ve seen her Twilight! She was draped over it like a female actress on a car in a Michael Hay movie!” Spike retorted.

“And you make a surprisingly apt analogy involving a woman, and yet another inanimate object,” Twilight observed. “Mind you, I like the idea of the bolder getting put to good use, but do it because you want to make something nice that people appreciate, not because you’re jealous of a chunk of silica. Rarity was under a spell, Spike, she would never leave you for a rock if she was herself.”

“Glad you have so much faith, Twilight. Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to go all Minecraft on this thing!” Spike yelled, picking into the rock like mad.

Twilight laughed and shrugged. “Boys…”