• Published 28th Sep 2015
  • 4,598 Views, 329 Comments

Equestria Guardians - Jacoboby1



Twilight Sparkle was your average everyday nerdy student. But a new town presents a new life and problem aside from tests. An Evil is coming through, and Twilight may be the one of the few that can stop it. But can she do it alone? Or among Friends?

  • ...
11
 329
 4,598

Chapter 12 "The Days After"

Chapter 12

“The Days After”

Or

“Ticket to Neighgypt”

The next day, Rarity and Twilight met up at Sugarcube Corner. True, they had agreed to meet up with everybody, but somehow they had arrived first. A perfect opportunity to gush about their respective romantic encounters, without Rainbow Dash scoffing at their sappiness.

“I do hope you don’t mind my, ahem, cradle robbing your little brother, Twilight darling… After he came to find me after hearing about my going to Blueblood’s party, never mind his being my Guardian Beast… I kind of started to see him in a whole new light,” Rarity said with a dreamy smile.

“It’s okay. You get a boyfriend, and I get a distraction that will keep him from reporting to Shiny every little detail about my romantic life. Win-win in my book,” Twilight replied, giggling.

“Oh, come now. He wouldn’t report everything would he?” Rarity said smiling a bit at the memory of Twilight’s very overprotective elder brother.

“Offer Spike cookies, any type of cookies, then ask him about anything. He’ll spill in a heartbeat,” Twilight uttered with an eyeroll.

The doorbell jingled as Fluttershy came inside. “Oh, hello Twilight and Rarity, sorry I’m late, Angel can be a very picky eater with his breakfast…”

“Fluttershy, darling, how are you this wonderful day?” Rarity gushed, beaming at her friend.

“Oh, I’m fine.” Fluttershy said, taking a seat beside Rarity. “Are you talking about the Fall Formal?”

“Yeah, how did things go with Big Mac?” Twilight asked.

Fluttershy suddenly blushed brightly. “Oh… I um… I shouldn’t talk about it…” She said, shyly.

“Oh! Did something scandalous happen?” Rarity asked with a smile.

“Oh… yes… I did something really scandalous… Mackey and I… we…” She blushed and shook her head. “Oh it’s simply too embarrassing…”

“Really? All Private and I did was kiss…” Twilight observed.

“And I did kiss Spike,” Rarity mused with a smile.

“I know. He won’t stop talking about it,” Twilight groaned.

“I do wonder what could be oh so scandalous, though. I didn’t even think Fluttershy would be so bold to even consider…” Rarity uttered trailing off, looking at Fluttershy.

“Okay… you are my friends so I trust you… Mackey and I… he… I… I HELD HIS HAND THE WHOLE WAY HOME!!” Fluttershy said, and then blushed and hid under the table.

Twilight and Rarity looked at each other in disbelief.

“Uh… Fluttershy? That’s sweet and all, but… That’s not exactly scandalous…” Twilight observed.

“Indeed, darling. Sweet, yes, romantic, yes, but hardly scandalous… Well maybe to you, Fluttershy, but… My we’re jaded, aren’t we?” Rarity asked.

“Heya Fluttershy what’cha doin down here?” Another voice rang from under the table.

“EEP!” Fluttershy came shooting out, Pinkie came out the other side giggling.

“That was fun. Let’s play hide and seek again sometime,” Pinkie said, laughing.

“Oh, Pinkie, you startled me…” Fluttershy said, putting a hand on her heart.

“Wait… How did? When we were… I didn’t even see her come in!” Twilight yelped, looking confused.

“Darling, it’s Pinkie Pie. These things you just have to accept, and move on,” Rarity explained with a small smile.

“So heard you all talking about the party.” Pinkie said, smiling. “Swarmie and I had a reeeally great time! Got him some books and stuff afterwards! He really seems to like plays and stuff.”

“That’s the name of that guy you were dancing with, last night?” Twilight asked. “Did he just transfer in? I don’t recall seeing him around…”

“Oh, Swarmie is new, and kind of shy around other people,” Pinkie explained. “But he can be just the sweetest little honeybug.”

“Honey...bug…?” Fluttershy asked.

“That’s… an unusual endearment,” Twilight observed, raising an eyebrow.

The doorbell rang again and the girls looked to see a truly unusual sight… Applejack walking in, grinning like a fool, her eyes looking in no particular direction, and casually playing with her hair. A lovestruck Applejack was something nobody thought they would see.

“Why, Applejack, you look like you’re on cloud nine! And you doubted me when I said you’d attract the eye of a young man,” Rarity said with a grin. “And I did see you with a rather ruggedly handsome fellow, last night.”

“Ah, shush Rarity, nuthin happened…” Aj said, laughing a little as she took a seat along with the girls. “Snack and Ah jus danced is all…”

“Applejack, darling, it was far more than you were expecting to happen,” Rarity retorted with a smile. “Can’t I just be happy for you?”

“Just need one more, and we’ll complete the set,” Twilight observed, looking around.

“Rainbow left after we helped clean up with Sunset a little,” Pinkie said, “but I didn’t see her after that.”

“I um… saw her…” Fluttershy said. “She and Raiden um… went off together…”

“We’ll jus’ have ta see how she is when she gets here,” Applejack said, then punched a fist into her palm. “Then we’ll know ifin’ we need ta go an’ kick Raiden’s sorry pervy ass.”

“As crude the sentiment happens to be, I do tend to agree. She’s been having to deal with his shenanigans for quite some time,” Rarity observed.

“We could always just ask her what happened. I mean she’s walking right outside.” Pinkie said. The other girls blinked and looked towards the windows. Sure enough, Rainbow was walking nervously along the sidewalk, seeming to try everything not to be seen. She keeps looking over her shoulder, and fidgeting with her fingers.

“That’s not normal Rainbow Dash behavior,” Twilight observed. “Something must have happened.”

“Should Ah get tha tar an’ feathers?” Applejack asked.

“I’ll talk to her,” Fluttershy said, getting up. “She and I have known each other since elementary school. She’ll probably be the most willing to open up to me.”

“Okay. Good luck, Fluttershy,” Twilight said, with a grateful smile to her.

____________________________________________________________

Rainbow sighed as she rounded into an alleyway. “Hopefully I managed to dodge those guy-AH!” She yelped as she saw Fluttershy standing there, looking worried.

“Hello, Rainbow… Uhm.. Are you okay? You… you seem to be acting a lot… differently than you normally would,” Fluttershy asked, concerned.

“YES!” Rainbow said suddenly and spoke in a completely unconvincingly fast tone. “I am totally perfectly fine! Thanks for not asking about last night at all. I’ll just see ya around Flutters goodbye!”

“Rainbow Dash,” Fluttershy said with unusual sternness. “You are going to tell me what happened, right now. Uhm… If it’s okay with you… The… the others want to know if they should go and… you know… kick Raiden’s butt…”

“C’mon Flutters, nothing at all happened between me and Ra-” She covered her mouth, realizing she gave herself away.

“Did… Did he do anything to you?” Fluttershy asked. “Because… Applejack’s all for getting… Uhm… tar and feathers.”

“Nothing!” Rainbow yelled. “ "Ray didn't offer to take me home after my bike got broke. He didn't let me into his car and we didn't have some arguments and then made out!” Rainbow’s expression suddenly turned sad as she remembered the night in clear detail. “I wasn't freaking out the whole time expecting him to do something pervy only to find out that when he had me in that spot he was actually...treating me...like he really...liked...me..." She sighed and leaned against the alley wall.

“Oh… He acting like he actually liked you is what’s got you so… W-well… I guess that would kind of freak me out, too… I mean that’s a radical departure from his usual actions,” Fluttershy observed.

“I mean, c’mon ,Flutters, it’s RAY!” Rainbow groaned. “He's not supposed to be anywhere remotely close to a gentleman! He's supposed to be pervy and disgusting! I'm not supposed to actually have feelings for him which only makes my head hurt as I try to...figure..everything out..and just fail miserably..." She starts sniffling a little, trying very hard to keep it all in as best she could but wasn’t doing so hot. Fluttershy simply held her arms out. Rainbow wiped her eyes. “C’mon Fluttershy...we aren’t six anymore…”

“Hugs from friends don’t have an age limit,” Fluttershy said sternly. “Now c’mon. You look like you could use one.”

Rainbow sighed, and came over to Fluttershy, accepting the hug provided. “I just, don’t know what to do, Fluttershy,” She said quietly.

“You… could, you know, give him a chance… We’ll keep the tar and feathers on standby, if he does something, you know, really bad,” Fluttershy suggested.

“Yeah, maybe…” Rainbow said, letting go, she then blinked. “Wait...I know how to totally fix everything!”

“You...do?” Fluttershy asked.

“I’ll START A BAND!!” Rainbow declared.

“A… band?” Fluttershy asked, tilting her head. “Why a band?”

“Because then I’ll totally be able to rub it in Raiden’s smug face! On top of that, my band will be the most awesome thing ever! I gotta go practice my strats and work on my first song. I’m thinking of something worthy of how awesome I am...Awesome as I wanna be sounds totally awesome! Thanks for helping me think of this Fluttershy, see ya!” Rainbow said as she took off.

Fluttershy just blinked after her, not sure at all what happened. Pinkie suddenly appeared behind her and sighed. “I’m thinking she took a trip to Neighgypt because that girl is in De-nile.”

“Well… It’s better than her usual course of action,” Fluttershy murmured shaking her head. “Usually… if something happens that she didn’t like, she just would ignore it, and pretend it never happened… You know, because it wasn’t awesome.”

“Let’s just hope she doesn’t do something too drastic…” Pinkie said, crossing her arms.

_____________________________________________________________

Private had brought his telescope, and a rather large picnic basket to one of the nicer clearings in Canter City’s park. He laid out the blanket, and was setting up the telescope when he heard somebody coming toward him. Private turned, and smiled as he saw Twilight walking up, a smile on her face… and a basket on her arm.

“Hey, glad to see the Fall Formal Princess found time in her busy schedule to entertain her escort,” Private said teasingly. He then saw the basket on her arm. “Oh, you didn’t have to, I already made some food…” He admitted.

“Mom insisted. She thinks you look skinny,” Twilight said, rolling her eyes and sighing.

“I’m not skinny, I’m just smoothly muscular,” Private retorted.

“I think you look fine. It’s Mom who said you could use some meat on your bones,” Twilight retorted with a huff.

“Anyways, we’ll just have extra food then.” He said, and soon the pair dug into the food provided. They relaxed a little afterwards, watching the stars come out over the park. Private and Twilight were sitting beside one another, enjoying the view.

“Wow. They’re gorgeous tonight. There’s Andromeda. The Pleiades. The Swan,” Twilight said, as she pointed out each constellation in turn.

“You sure know your stars, Twilight,” Private said, smiling at her.

“I very nearly brought my own telescope,” Twilight said grinning. “I love to stargaze, and I’m nerdy enough to want to know what I’m looking at.”

“Well, you got that star on your element, maybe that has something to do with it.” Private suggested.

“A symbol that determines what you’re good at?” Twilight asked.

“I know, sounds silly.” Private said. “I mean, I’d have a magnifying glass, my dad would have glasses…”

“Speaking of glasses,” Twilight said with a grin. She then turned away for a moment, apparently putting something on. She then turned back, wearing a pair of thick black square-framed glasses. “I remembered you saying something about liking nerdy ones…”

Private’s jaw dropped, and suddenly got all fidgety and nervous. “Oh, Twi...that’s just not fair…” he said, blushing.

“I heard you were needing some help with your homework,” Twilight said, fluttering her eyelashes at him, then pulled the glasses down a bit to look at him over the top of the frames. “I think we could… work something out…”

“...dear Twilight you snagged my heart forever…” Private said, and suddenly began kissing the living daylights out of her.

Twilight wrapped her arms around Private’s neck, returning the kiss with equal passion, running her fingers through his hair.Private eventually broke the kiss, smiling down at her. Twilight’s eyes however, left Private’s for the briefest of moments...as she saw a strange statue looming over them...funny how she never noticed it before… It was a strange mish-mash of many different animals. It had for different kinds of legs, an equine head, a long slender body, and both a feathered and a bat-like wing. Whoever had carved that statue had to have been absolutely bonkers.

“Hey” Private said suddenly. “You really should pay more attention, Twilight,” He said with a teasing smile. “You wouldn’t want to fail the course.”

“What, I’m being graded on kissing now?” Twilight asked with a grin. She let the glasses droop a little, and pouted. “But Mr. Eye… I’ve been suuuch a good student.”

“Dammit, why must you be so adorable…” Private said, and then the couple started kissing again, enjoying the night together.

______________________________________________________________

Unfortunately a wonderful weekend had to end. Monday found Twilight heading to Professor Celestia’s office on her free period to give her mentor a full report on the Fall Formal incident. She had carefully written it up, detailing everything that had happened, and the steps she intended to take to make sure that Sunset would not backslide. Celestia hadn’t asked for a written report, but Twilight believed in being thorough.

As she got to Celestia’s office however, she could hear arguing coming from inside. Twilight peaked in to find Celestia sitting at her desk looking very frustrated at the woman standing on the other side of said desk. Honestly she looked like an older, bitterer version of Sunset. She wore a severe suite dress in dark blue, power pumps, and a constantly dissatisfied expression.

“You are responsible, Celestia. You had my daughter here cleaning up a mess you claim she made, so you should have made sure she would not go wandering off after she had finished,” she said in a singularly unpleasant tone. “I should see to it that the school board fires you and your miserable sibling, and a proper principal in your place. One that will stamp out any foolishness. You are far too soft, Celestia. It’s no wonder your students walk all over you.”

“I told you a million times, Sunset left after she completed her work,” Celestia replied with great frustration. “I even offered to give her a ride home only to have her turn it down. If I knew where she went after that the police would’ve been the first to know.”

“No, you incompetent, I should be the first to know! I am her mother, and I am the first person who should know where she is at all times! If what you said about this childish prank is true, then she is a disgrace to the family, and is obviously avoiding being punished for it. And you are helping her avoid that punishment! I WILL have your job for this, Celestia! You days as principal are numbered!”

“I’m starting to see why Sunset took exception to heading straight home…” Celestia said cooly. “Oh and by the way, it seems that Sunset’s little prank has gotten the school board talking… Severely questioning your parenting style in raising her. Her running away has only added to the questioning. You’ll find you have a lot less pull than you used to Glory.”

“Really? Those idiots think that my demanding absolute perfection and obedience from my offspring is questionable?” Glory uttered growling. “Did they not buy my book? Do they not raise their own children in the same way?”

“Interesting point Glory, did you not notice who won this year’s Fall Formal event?” Celestia said, trying to hide her smug expression. “A girl who was not a bully, was raised in a home filled with love, and achieved her victory through compassion and understanding. Something Sunset knew so little of…”

“She’ll be eaten up and spit out when she gets out into the real world. Idealists always are,” Glory huffed. “You have to be hard, mean, and prepared to take what you want, and never let anybody walk all over you, if you want to get anywhere in today’s world. Compassion and understanding have no place in it.”

“Even treat your own daughter as little more than a doll to impose your legacy upon?” Celestia said. “I think it’s time you left, oh and by the way, your little book made excellent kindling...along with the school board’s copies once I informed them of Sunset’s running away.”

Glory growled, turning on her heel, and stomping out of Celestia’s office. Twilight watched her leave, eyes wide, clutching her report to her chest.

“Wow… She was… charming…” Twilight observed.

Celestia sat back in her chair. “Glory has always been a piece of work. The reason I couldn’t stop Sunset’s bullying was because she practically owned the school board. Had my hands tied for three years thanks to her…” She said tiredly.

“How… could one woman own the school board? Did she bribe them or something?” Twilight asked, coming in, and closing the door.

“The School Board only saw that Sunset was bringing publicity to the school thanks to Sunset’s academic achievements. Fools who only care about GPAs and not what’s best for students as people…” Celestia said with a sigh. “And then there was Glory’s book…”

“Wait… She wrote that book that my Mom hated with a fiery passion?” Twilight asked.

“‘Proper Parenting Through Ambition and Grandeur’,” Celestia said, shaking her head at the title. “It’s a trash heap of a book, it encourages parents to raise their children not through love and compassion, but through a form of tough love that any normal person would think as abuse. She justified it by having Sunset achieve so much for the school. They were buying these by the truckload in order to have a ‘how to’ guide for raising a child.”

“Mom said it was a how-to guide to break a child,” Twilight observed. “And you said… Sunset ran away?”

“Yes and I can see why.” Celestia said sadly. “Glory didn’t understand that there is no such thing as a guidebook to raising a child. Children aren’t walking test takers, they are people just the same as adults. Sunset suffered under Glory...Sunset always denied it but I could tell. There were days when she refused to change along with the other girls during gym class.”

“... Wow… No way I’m ever telling that… woman… where Sunset is if I find her,” Twilight said frowning.

“Neither will I, I’ve already informed Shining Armor of Sunset’s home life. All he needs is to find her so she can testify against Glory,” Celestia said. “I just hope we find her before something terrible happens to her…”

“Me too,” Twilight said worriedly. “Not only do we have to worry about ordinary threats, but there’s the witching hours, too…”

“Some days I wonder which is worse…”

________________________________________________________________

“C’mon Octy, I don’t see what the big deal is. So I actually dropped your bass, I was totally in the moment,” Vinyl said as she stood in the park, Octavia was glaring at her. They had been trying to work on mixing their music, only to run into problems about two minutes in. Octavia paced and glowered in front of the odd snake-like statue.

“Vinyl, do you KNOW how much a double bass costs? They’re not cheap! In fact they are on par with your best turntable and mixer setup!” Octavia retorted.

“But I totally made that snorefest of a concert you were giving so much cooler!” Vinyl argued.

As they argued, a small crack formed on the statue…

“Vinyl, it was a classical recital for the local retirement home! It did not need to be turned into some sort of… of… RAVE!” Octavia yelled.

“Uggh, you always gotta hate fun don’t you?!” Vinyl yelled. “And it’s always for something I did!” She then started imitating Octavia. “Vinyl don’t do this! Vinyl don’t do that! Vinyl don’t set the stage on fire!”

“I don’t hate fun! And setting the stage on fire isn’t FUN! It’s bloody dangerous! You could have gotten severely burned, you idiot!” Octavia vociferated.

“Geez, you nag worse than my grandma, not to mention you dress like her.” Vinyl groaned.

More cracks formed on the statue.

“Can’t I show a LITTLE concern for somebody?! Especially if that somebody is about to do something that could injure themselves, and others?!” Octavia exclaimed. “Never mind I could have sworn you said my bowtie was cute, the other day.”

“C’mon! You just are such a safety pants! If I got hurt it’s on me! Can’t you ever just let me do anything, you crazy cute stiff?!” Vinyl yelled.

“I’m such a safety pants, because I don’t want to see you get hurt! I don’t want to see you in the hospital for months recovering from third degree burns and in constant agonizing pain!”

As the continued to argue, more and more cracks formed on the statue...until bits fall away from the eye revealing a yellow eye with a red pupil… An eye filled with madness.