• Published 27th Sep 2015
  • 5,414 Views, 1,092 Comments

Sugarcoat Interferes In Pony History - Twinkletail



Sugarcoat goes back in time and gets involved in pony history.

  • ...
26
 1,092
 5,414

Ponyville Confidential

"Were you guys feeling guilty about all the gossip too? Like...maybe we could be hurting other ponies' feelings?"

Sweetie Belle could tell from the looks on the faces of Apple Bloom and Scootaloo that such a question didn't even need to be asked. Guilt was written all across the fillies' faces, clear as day. Publishing a gossip column under the pseudonym "Gabby Gums" had seemed like such a good idea at the time, back when it was simply talking about a silly mishap involving two of their classmates. The wild success and the pressure from Diamond Tiara to keep it going, though, had led to it spiraling out of control.

"Yeah, I didn't wanna say anything because everypony loves Gabby Gums so much," Bloom said, ears folded sadly against her head. "But...I was sorta hoping we could start writing more stories like this one."

"Me too," Scootaloo sighed. The article they'd written on Spike had been a nice, informative piece, devoid of the sensationalism found in their earlier articles. For that very reason, it had been summarily rejected by Diamond.

"If we're gonna get our cutie marks," Sweetie said, "we've got to give the ponies what they want." She wasn't sure if she could remember a time where she was so disappointed about doing something that could potentially earn her her mark, but here she was. From the disappointed "aww" that she shared with her friends, she could tell that she at least wasn't alone in feeling like this.

"Just write the piece you want to write."

The Crusaders looked up to see the familiar face of Sugarcoat standing by the door.

"Sugarcoat?" Bloom asked. "I thought you weren't helping us with our cutie mark stuff."

"Yeah, cause you didn't want to talk about our butts," Sweetie said.

"Eh, I'm over that," Sugarcoat stated. "This world's a lot different than mine and apparently the adults here help kids with their cutie mark problems and don't get arrested, so whatever."

"Well that's great!" Scootaloo said. "Because we're trying to figure out what to do about-"

"Like I said," Sugarcoat said simply. "Write the piece you want to write."

"But Diamond Tiara said..." Sweetie began, but she was quickly cut off.

"Yeah, about that," Sugarcoat said. "I went to your teacher and told her that Miss Pretty Crown was busy making unfair demands and taking advantage of her position. She made that Featherweight kid into the new editor. That's the kind of thing that happens when you actually tell a teacher that another student's being unreasonable. You should really consider that in the future."

The three fillies' jaws dropped. As was becoming the norm with those who interacted with Sugarcoat, they found themselves at a loss for words.

"You probably won't though," Sugarcoat said as she turned tail, leaving the stunned fillies to their work.