• Published 27th Sep 2015
  • 5,391 Views, 1,092 Comments

Sugarcoat Interferes In Pony History - Twinkletail



Sugarcoat goes back in time and gets involved in pony history.

  • ...
26
 1,092
 5,391

Luna Eclipsed

"Citizens of Ponyville! We have graced your tiny village with our presence, so that you might behold the real Princess of the Night! A creature of nightmares no longer, but instead a pony who desires your love and admiration! Together we shall change this dreadful celebration into a bright and glorious feast!"

Overall, Princess Luna thought that it was a marvelous opening speech. Every single bullet point she had wanted to hit was touched upon, and in a succinct manner to boot. Too often had she bemoaned her bad luck in the past when forced to listen to some dignitary ramble on for what felt like eons. It was not her intent to bore the citizens of Ponyville to sleep with her diatribe...although given her rule over the dreamlands, it likely would not have been a bad tactic to enforce for those willful enough to resist slumber.

Luna looked out upon what she had hoped to be her adoring public. Surely the citizens of Ponyville would be most pleased to see their reformed princess not only visit them, but suggest a celebratory feast.

"Did you hear that, everypony?" Pinkie Pie asked, clearly not expecting an answer. "Nightmare Moon says she's gonna feast on us all!"

Luna watched in shock as Pinkie and the other ponies screamed, some of them bolting off in all different directions. What was happening?

"What?" the baffled princess asked, a bit softer than her previous introduction. "No, children, no! You no longer have reason to fear us! Screams of delight is what your princess desires, not screams of terror!" Still, the ponies before her trembled and backed off. Frustrated, Luna stomped a hoof and turned to the mayor. Surely she would be able to restore order to her town and talk some sense into its citizens.

"Madame Mayor, thy Princess of the Night hath arrived." Luna stated. Much to her chagrin, Mayor Mare seemed just as terrified as the others. One by one, Luna turned to the other nearby ponies, only to be met with fear from each direction.

"What is the matter with you?" Luna asked, her frustration growing until it reached its breaking point. "Very well, then. Be that way. We won't even bother with the traditional royal farewell." The princess then turned to leave with a huff.

Meanwhile, Twilight Sparkle and Spike had been watching the entire situation, with Twilight in particular feeling quite disappointed with how it had gone down. She understood the initial worry from the ponies in town, but it made no sense to her that they were still freaking out. Luna had made it clear that she was only here for celebration. Didn't they understand that she was good now?

"I'm gonna go talk to her," Twilight said.

"You can't talk to her!" Spike insisted. "She's Nightmare Moon!"

"No, she's not," Twilight said, rolling her eyes. "I saw the Elements of Harmony change her back to good. But it seems like she's having some trouble adjusting after being gone for a thousand years." Just as Twilight was going to walk over, she stopped at the sight of Sugarcoat walking up to her and Spike, pulling a reluctant Pinkie by the tail.

"Lemme go!" Pinkie insisted.

"First you're going to listen to me," Sugarcoat said. She pulled Pinkie over to the group and gave Twilight a look. "Hold this for me."

"Uh...okay?" Twilight responded, a bit befuddled. She lit her horn up and gently held Pinkie in her magic. "I'm sure there's a reason for this, Pinkie, so please just hold on."

"There's a very good reason," Sugarcoat said. "You're running around like a chicken without a head-"

"But I have a head!" Pinkie insisted.

"I'm talking," Sugarcoat replied. "You're running around and getting every pony worked up over Nightmare Moon when Nightmare Moon isn't here."

"Uh, hello?" Pinkie said. "Earth to Sugarcoat? She's right over there!"

"Pinkie," Twilight chimed in. "You were there when we defeated her and turned her back into Princess Luna. Don't you remember?"

Pinkie stayed silent for a few moments, then rolled her eyes.

"Sheesh, you girls are pouty-pants tonight," Pinkie said. "I'm just having fun and getting in the spirit of Nightmare Night!"

"What?" Twilight asked. "But you were yelling about how she was going to gobble you up!"

"Sheesh, Twilight," Pinkie said. "I'm almost as big as her, how's she gonna gobble me up?" Twilight let out a sigh, a mixture of relief and frustration, but Sugarcoat wasn't done yet.

"And you don't realize how much you're upsetting Luna with the way you're acting?" Sugarcoat said. "How would you like it if you were evil and gone for a thousand years and then when you finally came back and you were good again, somepony was running around and making everypony else be scared of you?"

"I'd be dead if I was gone for a thousand years," Pinkie replied simply.

For what might have been the first time that Twilight had seen, Sugarcoat was left speechless. The sight of it made Twilight giggle softly.

"She's got you there, Sugarcoat," Twilight said with a smile.

"I...well...yes, you would be," Sugarcoat stammered. Then she cleared her throat, regaining her composure. "But if you weren't dead, wouldn't you feel bad if there was a pony making everypony else scared of you?" Pinkie tilted her head, looking pensive.

"...Yeah, I guess that wouldn't be fun," Pinkie said.

"Well that's what you're doing to Luna," Sugarcoat said. "Cut it out. It's mean."

"I don't wanna be mean!" Pinkie whined.

"Then stop it and go apologize," Sugarcoat said. Pinkie didn't have to hear another word. As soon as Twilight released her, she zipped off in the direction that Luna had gone.

"That was great, Sugarcoat," Twilight said with a smile. "Hopefully that will help Luna fit in better. Thanks."

"Uh-huh," Sugarcoat said. She turned to leave, but Twilight stopped her.

"Wait a minute..." Twilight said, getting a better look at Sugarcoat. "...Are you dressed as my Smarty Pants doll?"