• Published 27th Sep 2015
  • 5,407 Views, 1,092 Comments

Sugarcoat Interferes In Pony History - Twinkletail



Sugarcoat goes back in time and gets involved in pony history.

  • ...
26
 1,092
 5,407

Cutie Mark Chronicles

"See anything?"

Apple Bloom's question, like many of the things that the Cutie Mark Crusaders did or said, was met with the three of them instantly turning to stare at their rumps. And, as was usually the case when they looked at their own rumps, they were filled with a crushing sense of disappointment.

"Tree sap and pine needles, but no cutie mark," Scootaloo lamented. The trio had been trying anything and everything they could think of to earn those all-important marks, but had yet to succeed. Their latest endeavor, ziplining, had been no different. No matter what they did, their cutie marks just seemed to evade them.

"Plan B?" Sweetie Belle asked.

"Yeah," Scootaloo replied. "You know where we can find a cannon at this hour?" Then she groaned. "It's no use! No matter what we try, we always end up without our cutie marks. And, surprisingly often, covered in tree sap."

"Maybe we should do something less dangerous," Sweetie offered. "Like pillow testing or flower sniffing." Sweetie smiled innocently, hoping beyond hope that Scootaloo would like her suggestions. Knowing Scootaloo, though, it would never happen. As much as they wanted to do anything and everything, it was really mainly the dangerous things that Scootaloo liked doing. She'd made these same suggestions multiple times and the result was always the same. Except for that one time when she mixed them up. "Pillow sniffing" certainly garnered a fair amount of laughs.

"This town is full of ponies who have their cutie marks," Bloom said. "Why don't we ask them how they did it?"

"That's a great, safe idea," Sweetie exclaimed.

"Yeah!" Scootaloo agreed. "And we can start with the coolest pony in Ponyville."

"Applejack!" Bloom shouted.

"Rarity!" Sweetie yelled. Scootaloo rolled her eyes.

"Come on, guys, I said cool!" the annoyed pegasus said. "You know who I'm talking about. She's fast. She's tough. She's not afraid of anything!" Bloom and Sweetie stared at their friend blankly.

"Pinkie Pie?" they asked.

"No!" Scootaloo shouted, having had about enough of their nonsense. "The greatest flyer ever to come out of Cloudsdale."

"Fluttershy?" Bloom and Sweetie asked. Scootaloo was about ready to smack a filly. They had to be messing with her now. Fluttershy was really nice and Scootaloo liked her a lot, but her flying left just a little to be desired.

"No!" Scootaloo groaned. "Rainbow Dash!"

"Oh!" Bloom responded. "Yeah, that makes much more sense."

"Of course!" Sweetie said.

"Let's do it," Scootaloo exclaimed, glad that she finally got through to the knuckleheads. "Let's find out how Rainbow Dash earned her cutie mark!"

"Yeah!" Bloom and Sweetie shouted in response, both reaching up and hoof-bumping with Scootaloo. All three seemed to have forgotten about the tree sap until that very moment, when they found themselves stuck to each other by the hooves. The three groaned and began to work towards freeing themselves.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Ain't there something you're supposed to be doing?"

Big Macintosh eyed the powder blue unicorn warily. She'd been sitting there watching him work for quite a while now, and frankly it was starting to make him uncomfortable.

"Probably," Sugarcoat said. "But I already told them I don't want to talk about their butts anymore."

"What?" Big Mac asked, quite confused.

"Just keep working," Sugarcoat replied. Big Mac rolled his eyes and got back to work with a slightly-irritated "eeyup." She'd go away on her own sooner or later.