• Published 27th Sep 2015
  • 5,391 Views, 1,092 Comments

Sugarcoat Interferes In Pony History - Twinkletail



Sugarcoat goes back in time and gets involved in pony history.

  • ...
26
 1,092
 5,391

Green Isn't Your Color

Twilight Sparkle closed her eyes and rested back into the hot tub, happy to finally get a moment to relax. Dealing with an upset Rarity was never a good way to relax, and with Rarity's tendency to be overdramatic, it was something she had to deal with fairly often. At least today's issue seemed like something worth being upset about. Rarity had worked so hard to get the attention of Photo Finish, and in the end, it was Fluttershy that she wanted instead. In many situations, a friend would have been happy for their friend's success, but Rarity was having trouble with that step, seeing as she'd worked so hard for this. Not helping matters was the fact that Twilight was apparently honor-bound not to tell Fluttershy how jealous Rarity was of her. Pinkie Pie had made it absolutely clear that losing a friend's trust was the fastest way to lose a friend forever, and she certainly didn't want that. She'd worry about it later, though. For now, she welcomed the opportunity to relax.

"Rarity!" Fluttershy called out as she flew into the sauna. "I'm so sorry I'm...Oh no. She's already gone, isn't she?" Twilight opened her eyes and let out a small sigh. So much for relaxing.

"Sorry," Twilight said. Despite her disappointment, her sentiment was genuine.

"Oh, I can't believe this," Fluttershy lamented. "I am so frustrated, I could just scream." She took a deep breath, then let out what was, in Twilight's mind and probably the mind of anypony else who would have heard it, the least-intimidating scream in existence. To classify it as a scream was doing a disservice to the word.

"Feel better?" Twilight asked, doing her best not to comment on the scream. Fluttershy let out a sigh which was almost as loud as her attempt at yelling.

"No," Fluttershy said, picking herself up into the air and hovering over the hot tub. "Can I tell you something?"

"Of course," Twilight responded.

"You promise not to tell Rarity?" Fluttershy asked.

"I swear," Twilight answered, a resolute look on her face.

"Pinkie Pie swear?" Fluttershy asked.

"Cross my heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my..." Twilight began, going through Pinkie's motions. "Waaah!" Twilight removed her hoof from the eye it had poked, deciding that she needed to get better at imitating ponies. Fluttershy gave her a look, then took a deep breath, looking away.

"I don't like being a model," Fluttershy said, before deciding to amend that. "No, I hate being a model. All this attention is awful, just awful. And I'm only doing it because Rarity told me I must. I must! I MUST!" The pegasus let out a forlorn sigh. "I must..."

"Oh, really?" Twilight asked, a smug grin crossing her face as she saw a way out of everypony's problems. "Well..." She looked left and right, then waved for Fluttershy to get closer, waiting for her to do so before continuing. "If you wanna know the truth, Rarity..."

Both ponies were startled by a pony head suddenly popping out of the basin of sponges next to the sauna. Having seen her there before, Twilight was fully expecting Pinkie to be the one popping out. That made her all the more surprised when she realized it was Sugarcoat's head she was staring at.

"Sugarcoat?" Twilight asked, confused. "How did you get in there?"

"I'm not in there," Sugarcoat said, glancing at the basin. "I'm behind it."

Twilight and Fluttershy tilted their heads over to look behind the basin. Sure enough, Sugarcoat was standing there, having just poked her head over.

"Oh," Twilight said. "That makes sense." Then she smirked. "And I bet I know what you're here for."

"I bet you don't," Sugarcoat responded.

"Well, you'd bet wrong!" Twilight said proudly. "Because I know that you're about to say..."

"Don't listen to Pinkie," Sugarcoat said.

"Exac-" Twilight started. Then she stopped in her tracks. "Wait, what?" Sugarcoat rolled her eyes and leaned right in towards Twilight's ear.

"Don't listen to Pinkie!" Sugarcoat said, making sure she was loud enough for Twilight to hear.

"But...but..." Twilight stammered. "You told me the other times to listen to Pinkie!"

"And?" Sugarcoat asked. "Just because somepony's right a lot doesn't mean they're always right. Are you really that black and white about everything?"

"N-no, but..." Twilight started.

"Good," Sugarcoat responded. "Now like I said, don't listen to Pinkie." Twilight thought this over for a moment, then glared at Sugarcoat.

"Well what if you're wrong this time?" Twilight asked. "You yourself said that just because somepony's right a lot doesn't mean they're always right."

"Except me," Sugarcoat said. "I'm always right. But hey, do whatever you want. You want to make the wrong choice? That's all you." With that, she turned tail and exited the sauna. Twilight stared after her, speechless.

"Um...what are you not supposed to listen to Pinkie about?" Fluttershy asked.

"Nothing," Twilight said defiantly.