• Published 27th Sep 2015
  • 5,407 Views, 1,092 Comments

Sugarcoat Interferes In Pony History - Twinkletail



Sugarcoat goes back in time and gets involved in pony history.

  • ...
26
 1,092
 5,407

Feeling Pinkie Keen

"Wow! That was amazing! Pinkie Pie predicted something would fall, and it did!"

Spike clearly couldn't contain his excitement over Pinkie's bit of future-telling moments earlier. Twilight Sparkle figured she could give him a bit of leeway for his enthusiasm. He was a baby dragon, after all. Simple happenstance like that was much easier to impress a young guy like him with than somepony older and more mature like her.

"Oh, come on," Twilight said as they walked along. "She said that something would fall, and a frog just happened to fall right around the same time. A coincidence, nothing else to it." She took a breath to continue, but the breath was knocked out of her when she found herself colliding with Sugarcoat. Twilight yelped and stumbled backwards, just barely managing to stop herself from falling.

"You need to work on looking where you're going," Sugarcoat said, barely looking bothered by the collision. "Maybe you can work on that after you work on actually listening to what I tell you."

"Sorry," Twilight responded, primarily to the first part. Then the second part hit her. "Wait, what? What did I not listen to?"

"I've said this twice before," Sugarcoat said, rolling her eyes. "And I get the feeling I'm gonna say this a lot more. Listen. To. Pinkie."

"Oh, come on!" Twilight groaned. "You mean to tell me that I'm supposed to just believe that random motions in her body can predict the future? That a "Pinkie Sense" exists? It's preposterous."

"It's Pinkie," Sugarcoat said. "Your friend."

"Just because she's my friend doesn't mean I have to believe every word she says!" Twilight insisted. "Besides, there's no scientific proof to back it up!"

"Who cares?" Sugarcoat asked. Twilight hesitated for the briefest of moments, but would not be swayed from her scientific approach.

"I do!" Twilight responded. "It's ridiculous, and without clear, non-circumstantial evidence for it, I can't allow myself to believe it!" She stared confidently at Sugarcoat, Spike watching the tension build between the two. Sugarcoat stared hard at Twilight, but then backed off.

"Fine," Sugarcoat said. "I know I'm right. You do what you want. Just don't say I didn't warn you." She then turned around and left without another word. Twilight watched her go until she vanished down the road, then nodded resolutely. She knew she had won this one.

~~~~~~~~~~

Twilight laid down in the pile of wreckage. The flower pot would have been painful enough. The anvil was overkill, and the cart and piano were just ridiculous. Every bit of her body was in a terrible amount of pain, but it might have been her pride that was hurt more considering all of those things had fallen after one of Pinkie's twitchy-tails. Twilight let out a groan, not even feeling good enough to move. She watched, even her eyes somehow hurting, as a shadow moved over her.

"Told you," Sugarcoat said. She began to walk off, then looked back at the pitiful pained pony. She rolled her eyes slightly before lighting her horn up, lifting Twilight onto her back, and starting towards the hospital.

"You're heavy," Sugarcoat said. "You should cut back on the hayburgers."

Twilight just groaned.