• Published 27th Sep 2015
  • 1,116 Views, 16 Comments

Chrysalis: Invasion Equestria Girls - TJHoofer



Queen Chrysalis searches for a means to fullfill her dreams of conquest and winds up discovering a magic mirror leading to a world that's simply perfect...

  • ...
3
 16
 1,116

Chapter 6: A Queen's Last Drone

Two days later. In Ponyville...



“Sleep tight Dinky.” said Amethyst as she tucked her little sister into bed for the night, pulling the bedsheets over her with her magic.

“Thanks Sis! I really had a great day today.” Dinky smiled. “Hanging out with you and Ditzy was real fun. Too bad she had to go home so early. She's usually never that tired and we still had many muffins left.”

“Ditzy sure loves her muffins...” Amethyst giggled. She gently patted Dinky on the head. “Don't worry. She probably just overdid it on the muffins. You know she's got quite an appetite.”

“I don't know Sis...” Dinky answered, feeling a bit unsure. “She didn't eat that many muffins. In fact, I think I ate more than her today.”

“I'm sure she's fine.” Amethyst cooed as she hugged her. “Don't worry. She'll be her old 'Ditzy' self again tomorrow. Now, hows about a good night kiss?”

Dinky giggled. “Okay.” Amethyst leaned over and gave Dinky a gentle kiss on her forehead, making the little filly giggle. “Thanks Sis. Good night.”

“Don't I get a good night kiss?” asked Amethyst with a playful pout.

Dinky giggled and sat back up. “Sure.”

She puckered her lips to kiss Amethyst's cheek, when Amethyst's horn suddenly glowed green.

Dinky's eyes widened and started to glow bright green as well as she fell into a deep trance and opened her mouth. Amethyst then inhaled and a translucent green vapor channeled its way out of Dinky's mouth and into Amethyst's, making her eyes glow as it nourished her.
As Amethyst devoured the vapor with content, Dinky began to grow weak. Her coat started to lose color and her eyes got heavier.

Having sampled enough love, Amethyst, who was actually the drone left behind by Chrysalis, ceased his feeding, removing his hold on Dinky and gently lay her tired head down on her pillow.

“Hng... Mmm...” too tired and weak to talk, Dinky soon drifted into a deep and sound sleep, unaware of what had just transpired.

The drone, still in his Amethyst disguise, smiled and gently patted the sleeping filly on her head before leaving her alone. 'Sweet kid...' he thought to himself with a smirk. 'And such sweet love.'

Ever since the Queen and his brother left for the Badlands, the drone had been busy looking after Twilight's castle. He was the only drone not called back to the Hive that day.

After many hours of searching, he finally did find Amethyst's house and Amethyst herself. Once he had taken her form, the drone had done his best to tidy up the library and hide any trace of there ever having been a changeling presence in the castle.
During that time after, the drone had a fair good run of the castle. On occasion, he even sat on Twilight's throne and pretended to be an actual princess, until the REAL princess one day finally returned from her friendship mission and quickly relieved the drone (i.e. Amethyst) from his duty as castle-sitter.

Since then, the drone had spent most of his time hanging out with Amethyst's little sister and her close network of friends, partaking in various activities while helping himself to more delicious love.

Of course, he was always careful not to overdo it.

'Staying here has been a real treat.' he giggled to himself, licking his lips before yawning as well. 'Oh Well... It's been a long day. Better turn in for the night. Another day, another pony to-'

KNOCK! KNOCK!

The drone's ears perked as he heard knocking on the front door. “Who could that be at this hour?” He trotted carefully over to a nearby window to have a look.

He had been really careful when feeding on love. He knew that any wrong move or careless overfeeding would lead to him being discovered. He dreaded the possibility of a guard from Canterlot making a surprise visit.
Much to his relief, it wasn't a guard. Instead it appeared to be a regular Ponyvillian. A mare by the looks of it.

'Probably a friend of Amethyst.' he thought. 'Better see what she wants...'

Still in his disguise, he opened the door and got a good look at the mare. She was a unicorn with a dark coat and green-bluish hair wearing a satchel.

“Yes? Can I help you?”

The mare didn't say a word. Instead she just forced herself past him and waltzed right in before he had a chance to close the door on her.

“Hey!” The drone didn't like this. He didn't take kindly to rude intruders. Especially when HE was doing the intruding. “Just who do you think you are barging in like this?”

The mare stopped and calmly turned around, facing him as he angrily confronted her.

“I don't know who you are, but you can't just come in here and-” Before he had a chance to finish that sentence, he suddenly noticed a peculiar feature. “No cutiemark? Wha-?” The mare suddenly erupted into green flames, revealing her towering true form.
“M-M-M-MY QUEEN!?!!” The surprised drone quickly shed his disguise and bowed before her. “Forgive me! I didn't recognize you!”

“I see you're still here. Good.”

“O-Of course my Queen! You did tell me to stay here, right?”

“Is she here?” Chrysalis asked, barely giving him a second glance as she trotted up the stairs towards the bedrooms. “She's still there, isn't she?”

It took the drone a moment to realize who she was talking about. “Huh? Oh yes! Yes she is!”

Chrysalis burst into Amethyst's bedroom and opened the large closet at the other end of the room. And sure enough, inside it was Amethyst, resting upside-down peacefully in her cocoon prison.
Much to Chrysalis' relief, it was glowing ripe with fresh love. Without hesitation, she practically tore Amethyst's cocoon out of the closet with her magic, sank her fangs into it and hungrily inhaled the sweet love nectar inside like a starved, ravenous spider.

“Long trip, my Queen?” asked the drone nervously as he caught up with her, cringing a bit as he saw her feeding. It reminded him of a fate that nearly befell him.

“Sort of...” replied Chrysalis as she withdrew her fangs. She wiped her mouth and proceeded to tear the now love-dry cocoon open. She levitated the still form of Amethyst out of it and lowered her onto her bed.

The drone trotted over and noticed she wasn't moving. Her coat and mane was all but completely gray and he heard a faint wheezing sound as Amethyst was struggling to breathe.

“I... think you overdid it, my Queen...” said the drone more nervous now. “This is bad...”

“You're correct my drone...” Chrysalis sighed. “...And we can't have that.”

Chrysalis closed her eyes and her horn began to glow. A faint rumbling could be heard as something inside her seemed to stir and her mid-section started to glow. She opened her mouth and a small green vapor of love suddenly flew out and was guided through the air before vanishing inside Amethyst's half open mouth.
It seemed to rejuvenate her as her coat soon became slightly more colorful and she could breathe normally now.

“Lucky for her, I'm not here to leave a trail of pony bodies. I've already come too far and I can't afford any slip-ups now.” She looked her over more closely. “She'll be fully recovered in the morning. I trust you kept the mind-link between you open while you were her?”

“Yes my Queen! And I even made sure that she only remembers the good parts.”

“Good. She'll have no memory of being imprisoned and will think she was really out and about. The ponies won't suspect anything.”

With Amethyst taken care of, Chrysalis and her drone went back downstairs.

“I see the little princess is back. I take it all went well?” She narrowed her eyes at him. “She didn't suspect anything, did she?”

“No my Queen! I was very thorough. I made sure there was no trace left behind from our visit. Of course, it wasn't easy... You did-” Chrysalis narrowed her eyes some more. “I mean, WE did break a lot of stuff in there...”

“And we're going to do some 'breaking' again, because we are breaking in there tonight.”

“Tonight? Really? So... It's all ready then? The invasion? You figured out a way for us to travel trough without losing our forms and magic?”

“Yes... Everything is ready.”

“That's great!” the drone beamed while happily buzzing his wings. He then noticed something and realized that Chrysalis had arrived alone. “Um... Where are the others? Where's my brother?”

Chrysalis giggled. “'Brother'... That's really cute...”

The drone just looked at her, slightly confused at that remark.

Chrysalis coughed and hesitated a bit before answering. “I-I mean... He... and the rest of our swarm are already here. They are waiting for you to join them. All we need to do first is to get back inside that castle, find the portal and migrate to our new home.”

“Sounds wonderful my Queen! I simply can't wait! It's going to be great going over there without having to worry about being eaten by spiders.” the drone smiled.

“However, the only problem now is figuring out how we can turn off that machine after we enter the portal. We can't leave it open for Twilight to find it and I can't leave one of you drones behind without me to lead you. And using magic is pointless, because once I enter the Human World it will cancel out... ”

The drone was quiet as he listened, until he remembered something and got all excited. “Ooh! Ooh! I almost forgot! While I was there I asked a bit about the portal!”

“You did WHAT??!” Chrysalis shouted and violently pinned him to the wall with her magic. “FOOL! How could you be so careless?! Amethyst doesn't know anything about the portal! Now Twilight knows something is up!”

*Cough!* No my Queen!” the drone wheezed as he tried to breathe. “I was careful. *Cough!* I didn't mention 'portal'!”

Chrysalis looked deep into his eyes before finally letting him go. “You sure?”

“Yes!” the drone inhaled to catch his breath. “I only asked what the machine was for.”

“And..?”

“She didn't tell me anything...”

Chrysalis blinked. “If she didn't tell you anything, why in the Hive would you bring it up in the first place?”

“...Because her dragon told me.”

“Her dragon?” She then remembered back to the wedding. “You mean Spike? That little pet dragon of hers? So he's back from his vacation...”

“Yes, he said he'd tell me if I promised to keep it a secret.”

“Well then... Go on. Tell me.”

“Um... I can't...”

“You can't..?” Chrysalis blinked again and was starting to lose her patience. “Are you trying to be funny? I am your Queen. Now tell me!”

“Pinkie Promise!”

“What?”

“My Queen, you have to Pinkie Promise. Only then I can tell you.”

“What foolishness is this?”

“Please! Or else...” He looked around and gestured her to lean closer as he whispered in her ear. “...'SHE' will notice.”

“She?”


----


On top floor of Sugarcube Corner, Ponnyville's favorite party pony Pinkie Pie was sleeping in her bed with Gummy when one of her ears began to itch, causing her to open one of her eyes.

“Hm?”


----


“I don't know how she knows but...” The drone started to sweat. “Please my Queen!” He held up his hoof. “Pinkie Swear and promise you'll never tell anypony what I'm about to tell you.” He winked.

Chrysalis was now both bewildered and confused. It took a moment before it finally dawned on her on 'whom' he was talking about.

'Pinkie swear..? Wait... Her? Pinkie Pie?!' Chrysalis cringed.


----


Pinkie now opened both eyes and sat up, smiling as her ears were still itching.

“Hmmm..?”


----


Out of all of Twilight's friends, Pinkie was well known to Chrysalis for her... cheerful and bizarre nature.
Stories of how she once pulled a cannon out of her hair and how she used Twilight herself as a weapon on her drones was something that was mentioned and talked about more often among many scarred changelings that day.
Not wanting to jeopardize her mission due to the possible interference of a precognitive and... crazy mare, Chrysalis swallowed what pride she had and held up her hoof.

“I... Pinkie Swear.” She forced out with suppressed disgust before joining her drone in a chant.

“CROSS MY HEART AND HOPE TO FLY. STICK A CUPCAKE IN MY EYE.”


----


Back in Pinkie Pie's room, The itch in Pinkie's ear suddenly ceased.

“Hm? Hmph...”

Feeling nothing else, Pinkie shrugged, let out a big yawn and went back to sleep, snoring loudly.


----


“That was humiliating...” Chrysalis frowned while listening to her what her drone had learned.

“He started by telling me all about the portal and where it goes...”

“Hardly anything we don't already know...” Chrysalis frowned some more.

“...And when he explained how the machine worked, he mentioned it had a TIMER.”

“A Timer?”

“Yes.”

“And why is that important?”

“He said Twilight installed it a while ago so she could leave for the Human World without having it remain open all the time. She'd set the timer on three specific hours of the day each day and it would be re-opened a few good minutes before closing again.

“Really?” Chrysalis got interested. “Hm... This could be useful...” She brought her hoof to her chin and thought about the huge advantage this posed.

'I can leave for the Human World and set the machine to shut itself off without Twilight knowing any-ling had ever been there. The perfect cover up...'

“I trust he showed you how it works?” she asked him hopefully.

“Indeed!” the drone beamed proudly while buzzing his wings. “Drone do good?”

Chrysalis smiled at him. “Drone do very good. Now come, we're going over there right now.”

“But My Queen, how are we going to get inside? I tried to find a way but the place is protected by a spell. No-ling can get inside without setting off the alarms. Not through the door or any of the windows.”

“Fortunately, I ALWAYS think ahead...” Chrysalis gloated.

After saying that, Chrysalis' horn began to glow and a circle of green flames suddenly formed around them on the floor. The flames intensified and the encircled floor became pitch black. The drone flinched as he and Chrysalis suddenly began to sink into the dark floor, to which he now realized had become a portal.
As they sank inside it, the flames closed in around them and sealed the portal, with no visible burn marks anywhere to be seen.



Inside Twilight's castle library...



A circle of flames erupted on the floor of the library, forming a black hole in its center where Chrysalis and her drone slowly materialized and rose out from. Once fully emerged, Chrysalis ceased her magic and the flames dispersed along with the portal.

“We're... We're in Twilight's castle!” the drone exclaimed.

“Sush! Be quiet you fool!” Chrysalis hissed between her teeth, whispering as she glared at him. “Do you want to wake the little princess up and ruin everything? We may have bypassed the alarms but she and her dragon can still hear us.”

“Sorry...” the drone whispered, watching as Chrysalis then trotted over to the Human World portal.

“While you and your... 'brother' were searching the library, I made certain that I would be able to enter this castle without having to break in the old fashion way. It's how I was able to trap Twilight in that crystal cave beneath Canterlot with Cadance.” she gloated before suddenly frowning. “If only I had used better sentries...”
She then focused her attention to the machine. “Now... Which did you say was the Timer?”

The drone buzzed over and looked over the panel before finding it. “Here! These controls allows you to set the machine to repeatably open and close the portal at any given time of the day.” He then pointed to a knob with a display of random numbers on it. “Just turn the dial for the number of minutes you want the portal to remain open.”

“Very good my drone... You have done well.”

“Thank you my Queen.” the drone bowed. “Shall we figure out on how to disable the spell around the castle so we can signal our swarm and begin our invasion?”

“No need for that my drone.” said Chrysalis as she had her back turned, looking at the mirror. “They are already here.”

The drone threw her a confused look. “My Queen..?”

“Tell me something drone...” Chrysalis changed the subject. “...Were you the one who got caught in that spider's web in the Human World? When you two had become flies?”

“Yes...” the drone cringed thinking about it.

“What was it like?” she asked as green substance began dripping from her mouth.

“It was awful my Queen. I would not want to experience that again...”

“More awful than this?”

“Whatever do you mean my Que-?” Suddenly, Chrysalis turned around and a green string of sticky goo shot out from her mouth and wrapped itself around the drone's legs, causing him to fall over. The now confused drone struggled to free himself but to no avail.
“Hng! My Queen??! Wha-MMPH?!” Another string of goo shot out and wrapped itself around his mouth to silence him.

More and more strings of gelatinous goo was used as Chrysalis wrapped up her drone. Unable to move or speak, the drone watched helplessly as he was lifted off the ground by Chrysalis' magic and brought before her.

“Mmmph!?? Mmph!!”

“You asked me where the swarm was...” She opened her satchel and levitated up her crown. “...Here they are.”

“Hmph??”

“My poor little drone... It pains me to tell you that the swarm you knew it is no more. I... destroyed them.” she grinned.

“HMMPH!??”

“You're probably asking 'why'?” she smirked. “Why did I destroy our swarm? You see my pet, in order for me to make this crown, I had to use changeling magic. Unfortunately, my magic alone wouldn't be enough. I needed the magic from all my subjects to make this crown complete. ALL of their magic.”

The drone's eyes widened with horror.

“Truthfully, I didn't 'destroy' them.” She made quotation signs with her hooves. “I merely absorbed their magic, along with their life force. They are still 'alive' in this crown. Their spirits keeping it's raw energy constant and ever flowing.”

“HMP??! HMMPH!?”

“'And why sacrifice all of them' you ask?” she giggled. “Because, my drone...” She suddenly pulled him close and glovered at him menacingly.

“Because you belong to me! You're mine!” She snarled. “And not just mine! You're SPAWNED from me! Spawned and magically crafted by me. You are all part of ME! You all came from me and I made you! Did any of you even wonder why you all look alike? Because you're all nothing but clones! Clones of me! You are EXPENDABLE!”

The drone went silent.

“The only thing that made you all separate from each other and myself was the love that I infused with you during your incubation. The love from one of many, many ponies, each with their own distinct personalities and gender.”

The drone began to cry as her words stung him. All his short life he believed he and his siblings mattered to their Queen. Now he understood that his service... Their service... meant nothing to her. They were just cheap labor. An expendable fighting force. Mere 'things' she would just use until they no longer served her any purpose.

“You understand now my drone? My love didn't bring you life. The love from other ponies gave you life. And now I'm simply taking that love back and using it fulfill our destiny. MY destiny! And once I have all the love I need on that other world, I'll just use it to make new loyal drones. Changeling drones who will retain their magic even on that world and serve me like true Changelings, and not as some pitiful little FLIES.”

Tears began forming around the drone's eyes and he looked her pleadingly in the eyes whimpering. “Mph... Mmmph...”

“Mother... Is that what you're saying, my 'child'? Are pleading for your 'mother' to spare you?”

The drone quivered but nodded.

“Foolish drone! I'm a love-stealing 'SPIDER'!” she cackled. “And now... My little 'fly'... Time for you to join the rest of your swarm and fulfill your purpose...”

Chrysalis gleefully brought the crown before him. The terrified drone wriggled and buzzed frantically as he tried to get away, feeling his magic already being pulled and sucked into the crown. He struggled wildly, but it was to no avail as the Queen's goo only fastened itself more tightly around him.
His muffled cries and tearful whimpers was soon reduced to painful moans as he grew weaker and weaker.

After many long and agonizing minutes, the drone's struggling had finally ceased as his body was now hollow and empty, his magic and life all part of the crown now.

Pleased with her deed, Chrysalis dropped the limp and lifeless carcass to the floor and admired her crown.

“Excellent!”

With nothing holding her back, she pulled the lever and activated the portal. She set the Timer for 2 minutes. With her crown ready in her satchel, she stood before the portal and grinned.

“Human World... Here I come...”

As she was about to enter, Chrysalis suddenly realized something and found herself looking back at the lifeless drone on the floor.

She grinned. “Better not leave that 'evidence' behind...”

She picked up the lifeless drone and brought him with her as she entered the portal.

Two minutes later, the portal closed, leaving the library dark and silent throughout the rest of the night...

Author's Note:

And so Chrysalis takes her third and final steps into a world with a great weapon in her possession. Severing all her ties with Equestria and the Pony World, Chrysalis will now begin establishing her new kingdom in the Human World.

Will she succeed? Where will this kingdom begin? Will the crown still work even with all that power?





Find out next time...


*Update: Made a few minor Edits to the page*