• Published 27th Sep 2015
  • 1,115 Views, 16 Comments

Chrysalis: Invasion Equestria Girls - TJHoofer



Queen Chrysalis searches for a means to fullfill her dreams of conquest and winds up discovering a magic mirror leading to a world that's simply perfect...

  • ...
3
 16
 1,115

Chapter 4: A Queen's Second Attempt

Later...



'...once a pony enters the portal to the Human World, the mirror will magically replace the pony's features with that of one of the inhabitants. Not only do ponies who travel to this world become human, they also-'

LOSE THEIR MAGIC??!?” Chrysalis roared as she tossed the journal across the room in a fit of rage. Her drones took cover behind an overturned table as books and many breakable objects started flying all over the place.

“My Queen! Please!”

“You mean to tell me that anypony who crosses over to this world becomes one of them and will lose their magic?! This is unacceptable!!”

She fumed as she grabbed a chair, intent on assaulting the mirror.

“My Queen! Calm yourself!”

Realizing what she was about to do, Chrysalis groaned and threw the chair away from the mirror. Snorting in anger, she marched up to the mirror and glared hatefully at it.

“Unacceptable! You hear me?! UNACCEPTABLE!!

The two drones carefully emerged from their hiding place and slowy approached their now 'calm', queen while keeping a safe distance. Concerned that her yelling would attract unwanted attention from outside, the drone once again tried to reason with her.

“Forgive me my Queen, but maybe this Human World is just out of our reach. Perhaps it is best we give up and try something else-”

“Give up..?” Chrysalis turned around, narrowed her eyes and trotted menacingly at the now terrified drone. The little drone backed away, only to trip and fall back on his haunches as Chrysalis looked him in the eyes.
GIVE UP? Queen Chrysalis never gives up!” she roared. She turned her attention back to the mirror. “No! I will not give up this easily! It's a world without magic for Hive sake!”

As she ranted, the other drone curiously picked up the journal and read through one of the open pages before going a bit wide eyed at one particular line that caught his attention.

'...Dragons become dogs?'

“But my Queen, you can't enter it without losing your magic. I see no other way we can achieve this.”

Chrysalis finally took a deep breath and relaxed as she decided to carefully ponder the situation. She hated to admit it but the drone had a point. This magical countermeasure proved to be a real nuisance.

Here she was, a powerful Changeling Queen at the very doorsteps of a defenseless kingdom and yet she could not enter it without losing her greatest assets. She growled at the mirror as she imagined it mocking her.

She then had a thought.

“Hm... If I can't feed off them on their world...” A grin suddenly appeared on her face as she got an idea. “...Then maybe I shall bring them over here!”

“My Queen?”

“You two! You're coming with me!”

The two drones blinked. “Us?!”

“Yes! We are going over there to capture one of these humans and bring it here through the portal. If the mirror can turn me into a human, then the same should apply to you as well.” She looked at her drones and imagined them as her as her own humanized minions.
“Even though I hate to admit it, I'm going to need help after that little disaster on my last trip. They're probably on guard now and looking out for me. So you two will have to do the deed.”

The two drones shared a look as it seemed like a good idea. But then one drone realized something.

“But if the portal turns ponies human, won't bringing one of these humans over to Equestria turn them into ponies, my Queen?”

“Maybe, but at least I'll get to feed.” she smirked as she licked her lips. “And once I've sampled enough of its love, we'll take it back to the Hive, study it and hopefully find something that will allow us to retain our magic while I master out a plan to take over the Human World. We'll worry about getting past Twilight and her friends later.”

“Sounds ingenious, my Queen!” said the other drone in excitement.

“If course it is you fool.” Chrysalis cackled. “I am you Queen afterall. My plans are ALWAYS ingenious.”

Using her magic, Chrysalis pulled the lever and turned the portal on. While it seemed risky leaving the machine unattended, she knew they wouldn't be too long and they still had more than enough time to get back before Twilight returned from her trip.

“Now, follow me.” With that, Chrysalis entered the portal with her drones close behind.



Seconds later, in the Human World...



Arriving back at the human school, Chrysalis quickly took cover behind the statue upon arrival, making sure no one saw her. She heard the sounds of her drones emerging from the portal.

“Keep close, there's bound to be-” It didn't take Chrysalis long to spot her first target; A blue-haired human girl sporting fancy shades, listening to loud music from earphones on her head and walking to its rhythm as she headed for the school entrance.

Looking about, there were no other students nearby and no teacher to interfere. “That human will do nicely.” Chrysalis grinned while swatting away an annoying fly. “NOW! GRAB HER YOU FOOLS!”

Chrysalis watched eagerly from her hiding place, waiting for her drones to rush over and pounce her. She then realized that nothing was happening.

“What are you two waiting for?! Grab her!” There was no reply. Chrysalis growled and went to see what the hold up was. “What is the matter with-?”
Chrysalis suddenly noticed there were no sign of her drones. “What??! Where are you?!” As she looked around for her minions, the girl had already entered the school, unaware of the peril she had just avoided.

“Curses! Where are you, you fools?” Chrysalis fumed as she walked around the statue looking for her drones. No matter how hard she looked, there was no sign of them anywhere.
“This makes no sense! I heard them come through! Wha-” A fly suddenly buzzed across her face. “Shoo! Get away from me! I'm trying to think.” She tried swatting it away, only for another one to suddenly appear. They circled around her head, making it impossible to her to think.

Ugh! Shoo! Get away from me you pests!” Chrysalis waved her arms at them, trying to get rid of them. Much to her surprise these flies were unnaturally persistent. They even seemed drawn to her somehow. “What is up with these things? Who do you think I am? Your Queen? Buzz off!!”

She swatted one of the flies, sending it tumbling through the air into a spider's web on the statue. Tangled up in the web, the fly buzzed frantically as the spider that made the web sprang hungrily towards it.

“Help me! Help me!” the fly cried in a faint yet highpitched squeal, much to the surprise of Chrysalis.

“What?”

As Chrysalis gawked at it, the other fly quickly came to its brother's aid and pulled it free just before the spider was about to make a meal out of it.

“What in the Hive..?”

Chrysalis stood frozen in place, finding herself just staring at the two flies buzzing around before her.

“Wait a minute... No... This is not possible...”

A frightening realization suddenly hit her. Her drones were gone. And now suddenly there were these two flies pestering her.

“No... Don't you dare tell me that...”

Chrysalis then held out her arm. She watched as the two flies landed on it, lined up and saluted her before bowing. Chrysalis' right eye twitched and her mind completely shattered as the world around her went deathly silent.

“What..?”



Back in Twilight's castle...



FLIES??!!??

Chrysalis angrily threw a small crystal bust of a stallion across the room, shattering it as it hit the wall next to some very frightened drones who were recovering from the trip.

“My very own drones! My unbeatable changeling swarm! Nothing but insignificant FLIES?! Never have I felt such humiliation!”

“It wasn't really a thrill for us either, my Queen.” said one drone, still shaken up after nearly becoming spider food.

“This is getting ridiculous!” Chrysalis fumed. “I can't invade this world without becoming a pathetic human, and I can't count on help from any of you fools because you become flies!” she groaned. She mentally pictured her human self standing ready to assault the human school with her changeling swarm of flies.

“This is a joke!! Chrysalis, the Queen of Flies! Sounds REALLY intimidating, doesn't it? Really brings fear and dread to the hearts of our enemies, right?.”

“N-Not really...”

“I was being SARCASTIC, you idiot!!” Chrysalis threw a vase at the drone, who was lucky enough to dodge it and hid behind his brother.

“My Queen!” the other drone came forth. “I know I'm risking my own existence saying this, but maybe this is the sign that we should-”

“NO!!” Chrysalis roared. “I am NOT giving up! One way or the other, I am going to take this world...” She held her breath in anger and exhaled with a loud sigh. She cantered over to the mirror and glared at it.
“There has to be another way. There has to be-” She then eyed the journal on the floor. She quickly seized it with her magic and flipped through the pages.
“There must be something I've missed! Some kind of loop-hole... Anything!”

The two drones watched as she carefully read through the pages. They had never seen her so determined before. Not even when she tried to take over Canterlot had they seen such determination.
Of course, with Canterlot there was a risk. Here there was basically no risk at all, except for a rather uncooperative mirror.

“A magic crown?” Chrysalis brought her hoof to her chin and a faint smile slowly appeared on her face as she seemed to find the answer she was looking for. “Interesting...”

“You found something, my Queen?”

“It would seem I have.” She grinned. “Listen. While ponies born with magic are rendered useless when entering the Human World, objects that CONTAIN magic remain unaffected.”

“My Queen?”

“According to this journal, somepony called Sunset Shimmer once stole Princess Twilight's magic crown and nearly enslaved the humans at this school. And just recently, she and her human friends defeated the Sirens who used enchanted pendants to spread disharmony among the students.”

“How does this help us?” asked one confused drone.

“Simple, my dimwitted drone. All I need is a magical object from this world and bring it over to the Human World. Like...” Chrysalis giggled as she took off her own crown and held it before her. “...a magic crown.”

“But my Queen, we don't have any magic crowns.”

Chrysalis put the crown back on her head and cackled. “Well then we'll just have to make one.”

The two drones shared a surprised look. “M-Make one..?”

“Come.” Chrysalis suddenly cantered past them out the library. “We're heading back to the Hive. There's nothing more we can do here.”

“Back to the Hive?” said of the drones as they quickly followed her.

“Yes.” She opened a nearby window facing away from the town. The sun was now close to setting. “This mirror and its world isn't going anywhere. I have a plan and I'm going to need a little help from my minions.” Her eyes gleamed and she sported an evil grin. “From ALL of my minions...”

The two drones shared a curious and yet confused look by that last sentence. Before they could ask, Chrysalis signaled them to move out, only to stop one of them.

“Not you. You stay here.”

“My Queen?”

“I want you to go to this... 'Amethyst', take her form and come back here.”

“What for?”

“I need some-ling to remain here until Twilight gets back. It would make her and her friends suspicious to find her castle completely unattended, wouldn't you agree?” She then leaned forward and looked him in the eye. “And besides, who else is going to clean that mess in the library and hide our tracks?”

The drone gulped and cringed thinking about the state of the library. But, being the loyal drone he was, stood straight and saluted. “Yes! Of course my Queen!”

“Good.” She turned to the other changeling drone waiting outside and joined him on the way back to the Hive, but not before leaving the remaining drone one last advice. “Do not fail me.”

“I will not fail my Queen!” The maintained his salute as he watched his queen and his brother disappear into the distance. Once they were gone, he turned his sights to the library to begin his work when a thought occurred to him.

“Wait... Where can I find this Amethyst?”

Author's Note:

It would seem the Queen has a plan.


What is this plan? And why does she need the presence of all her drones? And more importantly...

Will the drone left behind find Amethyst??



All these questions and more will be answered soon.