• Published 26th Sep 2015
  • 1,010 Views, 11 Comments

Power And Seduction - Milliardo5



A new boy is in school, and meets Sunset Shimmer and the Rainbooms.

  • ...
6
 11
 1,010

I. Someone New

Canterlot High had been busy the past few months since classes started. For most the year was off to a good start, though for some early on there was some trouble along the way. For Sonata in particular that had been the case, though at that moment she thought it would be behind her as she settled in not only to school life, but to her new friends as well.

They were the Rainbooms, a group that was incidentally a band as well. Leading the group was Sunset Shimmer. Although she herself was fairly new to them, she had shown that she was capable of being their leader, especially after confronting Adagio Dazzle a few months back.

Along with the Rainbooms were the Dazzlings, or at least part of the Dazzlings. Formerly rivals of the Rainbooms, now they had become their friends. Sonata was once part of the Dazzlings, and Adagio was their leader, though she had gone MIA since her encounter with Sunset.

Now the two groups had become close collaborators. Though the Dazzlings had not officially joined the Rainbooms, they promised to help them out in any way they could. Sonata was happy about that.

Now, she skipped to her next class, but before that she had to pass by her locker to grab some books. Sunset was there when she came.

“Good morning”, Sunset greeted her. Sunset Shimmer, de facto leader of the Rainbooms. They look up to her now more than ever, especially after facing off with Adagio. She had a wavy hair of gold and red, which made her stand out from the others. Even Rainbow Dash, with her own rainbow-colored hair, had said that Sunset stood out among them.

“Good morning also”, Sonata greeted back.

“Ready for the next class?” inquired Sunset, and she nodded. Sunset got her own book out, and she hurried to her class. Sonata was able to take her own book out, and then went to hers.


Sunset wasn’t particularly drawn into Literature, though she tried her best to be attentive to it. She was more, as she often mentioned, of a hands-on type of girl. That was why she would rather be in the lab than in the classroom. She was about to doze off a bit when the intercom crackled.

“Sunset Shimmer, please report to my office immediately”, the voice of Vice-Principal Luna called out. The class looked at her, and apologetically she got up and proceeded to Vice-Principal Luna’s room.

What could it be now? she wondered. The school fair was still four months away, so it wasn’t likely she would be asked about that. She got to her room and opened the door. As she entered, she saw a boy seated in front of Vice-Principal Luna. He looked to be around 16 or 17 years old, she surmised. He had black hair and was fairly handsome.

“Sunset, I’d like you to meet Inspirio. He just got here, and I would like to have you show him around”, Vice-Principal Luna instructed. Sunset went up to Inspirio and shook his hand. Sunset had become the school’s somewhat official greeter and host, showing anyone who was new the school.

“So, want to see the school now?” she asked him after a brief introduction. Inspirio smiled, and Sunset noticed that it was a smile that would get any girl’s attention. She concentrated more though on showing him around to make him more or less familiar with the school.

“Where do you come from?” Sunset asked, to get a little bit more information from him as well as to have some conversation while walking. At first though he wasn’t much into giving anything out.

“Just out of state”, he said vaguely. “You’ve been here a long time?” he asked, so as to shift some focus away from him.

“Not as long as the others here”, Sunset admitted. “But yeah, I’ve been here long enough to see some…very interesting things”, she added the last one carefully, trying to make it sound so casual without giving any other hint that there’s much more to the school than what it appears to be.

“Are there many activities here?” he asked her as they walked.

“Yes, of course”, she nodded. “Activities plus clubs and all that. Maybe later you’d get to meet other people”, she added that last one just as they were ending the tour. “So, how’d you like it?”

“Great school”, he said as he looked around where they were standing, which was near Vice-Principal Luna’s office. “Will I see you again later?” he asked her before they parted.

“Maybe”, she just said as she went back to class.



At lunch Sunset was at the usual place where she and the Rainbooms sit. They were either busy talking or else just lazily watching people go by and do their thing. Rainbow Dash in particular looked rather bored—she was just slowly chewing her food, head resting on one hand as she looked at people when she suddenly became alert, almost standing up.

“Is that a new student I see there?” she asked as she looked all the way back to the entrance of the school canteen, seeing a boy in black enter.

“Sharp eyes”, Sunset commented as she turned to look to the direction she’s looking at.

“Yeah—well, I get this from flying; I mean, when I’m observing things”, Rainbow Dash said proudly.

“That’s the new student I was asked to show around”, Sunset said casually. “I’ll call him over to meet all of you.” She then stood up and went over to meet him, then they saw the guy follow Sunset.

“He’s handsome, all right”, Applejack merely observed. Rarity was already beaming widely as the two approached while both Pinkie Pie and Sonata were also eagerly waiting for them to come over. Fluttershy was just quiet, but then she was also smiling when the two were near.

“Guys, this is Inspirio”, she said as she introduced him to them. They all greeted him, some like Pinkie and Sonata even waving at him.
“It is nice to meet you all”, he said after Sunset introduced them. They were just all smiles as he got a chair from a just-vacated table nearby and sat with them.

“It’s nice to meet you”, Fluttershy said in her usual quiet way.

“You’ll love it here, darling”, Rarity spoke up as well.

“Yeah, lots of fun here!” Pinkie said, happily clapping.

“Fun and excitement!” Sonata added.

“It is nice that you are all here to greet me”, he said to them. “I think I’ll like it here.” Just then Aria and Crescenda entered the canteen, and Pinkie waved at them to come over.

“We’ve got two more friends coming”, she announced to him. Sunset introduced them to him when they were near.

“Charmed”, Aria said simply, which Sonata found funny.

“Nice that you’re here”, Crescenda said with more enthusiasm.

“Maybe the guys can also meet you later”, Sunset remarked. “Flash and the others would want to meet you, definitely.” Flash Sentry was one of the boys at school, a popular guy and friends with the Rainbooms.

‘That would be great then!” Inspirio said. “I know there’s not much time to meet people in one day, but I will get to it soon.”

“Yeah, you will”, agreed Rainbow Dash as the bell sounded to signal lunch’s end. All of them then stood up and began to walk back to their classes, still chatting as they went to their own rooms.