• Published 30th Sep 2015
  • 3,387 Views, 232 Comments

Iron Mare - Plain Hunter



Twilight Sparkle was a mare of many talents, most notably invention. But her skill soon turned into her downfall as she was captured and forced to invent just to see the light of day again. She will make everypony pay in the form of a hero.

  • ...
9
 232
 3,387

Soaring to Freedom

But that lasted about 15 seconds before the suit began sputtering crazily, Twilight screaming and doing her best to help Spitfire keep the suit together before an arm fell off, followed by another one.

“AH! D-Don’t let go!” Twilight screamed.

“What do you think I’m trying to do??? If I let go I die!!!” Spitfire shouted to Twilight, both mares struggling to keep the suit together as long as they could.

The suit lost a leg, causing Spitfire’s to dangle out into the air as she screamed, looking down and bringing that leg back into the suit, only for the other leg to fall out, causing her to do the same with her other leg.

The two mares screamed out and held onto each other’s hooves, but Spitfire began weakening her grip as she lowered herself closer to the bottom.

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING???” Twilight screamed.

“One of us needs to get out of here!!! One of us needs to get back to Equestria! And that somepony is going to be YOU!” Spitfire screamed, the armor cracking and falling apart.

“No! I’m not letting you die in the desert!” Twilight screamed, tightening her grip on Spitfire’s hoof, not wanting to let the mare go.

“Just go! Send a team after me to find me if you want, but YOU need to get out of her!” Spitfire screamed back, “Twilight, just g-”

The armor cracked in half, sending Spitfire flying back far to the ground as Twilight floated still before slowly falling to the ground.

“NOOOOOO!!!!!!” Twilight screamed as she saw Spitfire’s part of the armor fly far away, but only for her vision to be obscured by large dunes of sand before her vision went black upon impact with the ground.

Twilight groaned as she regained consciousness, looking around her to see the armor sprawled out across the desert sand, with Spitfire nowhere in sight.

Twilight took a deep breath before shouting Spitfire’s name out as loud as she could muster, but it wasn’t very loud as she felt a sharp pain in her side as she screamed. She groaned louder as she stood up to her legs, looking around for any sign of Spitfire, but seeing nothing but sand for miles, with mountains behind her.

She began sobbing quietly as she began to walk towards the setting sun, each step sending sharp pains through her body, but she was determined to find Spitfire and return to Equestria with her, wanting to fulfill Hoove’s dying wish.


Hours. At least, that’s how long it felt for Twilight as she continued limping through the desert under the blistering sun, which was slowly setting. But she kept on going, even if she was practically dragging herself across the sand.

She began thinking she was going insane, as she began hearing whirring sounds coming from behind her that sounded incredibly similar to her company’s....

Twilight turned around and looked to the sky, wanting to confirm what the noise was, only for her eyes to widen upon the sight of her company’s very own helicarriage soaring through the sky, flying closer and closer to her.

Twilight couldn’t believe her eyes, but didn’t want this opportunity to be gone as she began waving her arms around like a madstallion, screaming at the top of her lungs. And to Twilight’s relief, the helicarriage began hovering over her, the sight of stallions and mares dressed in Equestrian Army uniforms was making her eyes well with tears of joy as they helped her get tied to a rope and carried up to the helicarrier, where she was greeted with a large bottle of water and a large plate with hayburgers, fries and regular fries, which she began devouring as soon as she finished the entire bottle of water.

As she ate she began shouting at the soldiers about Spitfire, and where to find her.

“WE CAME HERE TO GET YOU!” A soldier shouted over the sound of the helicarriage’s blades.

“BUT SHE’S STILL OUT THERE!!! WE CAN’T LET HER DIE!!!! PLEASE!!! LOOK FOR HER!!!!” Twilight shouted back to the soldier, who looked to the other soldiers, all of them nodding.

“OKAY! WE’LL TAKE ONE GIANT LOOP AROUND, BUT WE’LL HAVE TO RETURN TO BASE TO REFUEL! I’M SORRY! BUT WE CAN’T BE OUT HERE FOREVER!” The soldier said.

Twilight returned to the food, relieved they were going to be looking for Spitfire, and began praying to Faust that they would be able to find her. She felt something on her as she looked back to see a medical team checking out her wing stubs and her horn stub.

When Twilight finished her last bite of hay she realized again just how exhausted she was, and fell on her side on the helicarrier’s floor, the shouts and speech of the soldiers lost to her ears as she could hear nothing, her consciousness fading until she could also see nothing but black.

She woke up in a white room, laying down in a bed and hooked up to a IV bag, a small table next to her with a small platter. On it was a small note that read ‘We know you’ll be well’ on it, with hay and fries on it.

She looked to the other side of the room to see the sleeping figures of her friends on the floor, Rainbow Dash taking up pretty much the entirety of the small couch, barely leaving any room and forcing the others onto the floor outside of Rarity, who is doing her best to squeeze herself on the couch, she probably put up a fit at the thought of having to sleep on the floor.

Twilight began giggling softly at the thought of Rarity arguing with the other girls over sleeping on the floor, which caused Rainbow to stir in her sleep until she woke up.

“Huh? Wha? H-Hey girls! Girls! She’s up!!!” Rainbow screamed upon turning to see Twilight, who was already welling with tears as the others woke.

“TWILIGHT!!!” All of them cried as all of them got up and jumped on top of her, hugging her tightly as she hugged them all back.

“Girls!!! Girls! Oh, I’ve missed you all so much!” Twilight cried out, sobbing slightly.

Twilight then noticed something. Something..... Odd.

“G-Girls?” Twilight said, “W-Where’s Pinkie Pie?”

“We have much to tell you, my student,” Twilight turned to see Celestia, smiling with tears in her eyes as she watched the five friends, “and we will answer whatever questions you have.”

“Where’s Pinkie Pie?” Twilight asked again.

All of their smiles faded into frowns as they lowered their heads.

“Not to long after ya disappeared.... Pinkie.... She also disappeared....” Applejack said.

“W-What?” Twilight responded.

“It’s true,” Rainbow said, her ears drooping, “we’ve been looking everywhere for her... But it’s like she just disappeared off the face of Equus!”

“P-Pinkie....” Twilight said, trailing off as she wondered where her friend could be.

“Do not worry, my student. We will be looking for her until she is found. We will not rest.” Celestia said.

Twilight nodded and opened her mouth to speak again, “Have you sent in more teams to look for Spitfire?”

Celestia’s ears drooped as she looked down, turning away from her student until her mane covered her face, “We.... We could not find her....”

Twilight looked down, more tears welling in her eyes as she sniffed loudly. Fluttershy handed her a tissue and she took it graciously, blowing her nose before her head perked up.

“Celestia?” Twilight said, looking up to her teacher, who was now looking back to her.

“Yes, my student?”

“Call in a press meeting, for today. And please call in the Council.”