• Published 26th Sep 2015
  • 15,903 Views, 470 Comments

My Little Universe - EquestrianKirin



What happens when a group of magical ponies meet a group of magical, talking rocks? Tons of fun and Adventure!

  • ...
22
 470
 15,903

Kings and Queens PT1

"Is he friend or is he foe?", the pony wonders.
I can assure you... I am no friend...
And I will take what should have been mine long ago...

~~~~~~

One would think Sombra would've left well-enough alone with what he'd done. but Sombra's plans knew no limits. Now that he returned to his world, he had some business to take care of, involving the highest authority and some little mixed-up identity crisis. All works out, then Sombra was one hoofstep closer.

After some nighttime galloping through the open plains and forests, A large city started to appear within sight. The kingdom-like appearance did give off a strong sense of royal status from within it. The entire settlement was edged on the side of one of the mountains, a bright kingdom castle evident for all to see from ground level. In this case, the unicorn easily saw the castle from a good mile away, looking up with a grin on his face. When he was sure nopony saw him, Sombra then began to conjure up something from his robe and landing it onto the dirt: a back gemstone. Soon, the gem suddenly started to regenerate, and in front of him, regenerated Ruby!

"I have a little job for you, Ruby," Sombra began.

"Save your breath, you demonic clod," Ruby growled. Sombra just sighed before continuing, aiming a hoof to the castle.

"Over there is Canterlot, Ruby. The princesses ruling won't be active for a good while, so if you'd be so kind as to sprinkle some of this corruption -" Sombra explained, pulling out a small bag of ash. "- in the presence one of the princesses, then I'd love that." Ruby would refuse, but her hands and arms grabbed the ash bag from Sombra. As much as she didn't want to, she was committed to the plan, no matter if she accepted it or not.

"Now, be off then."

"I will not! You can't *grunt* make me!" Ruby yelled, trying to force her body to stop moving. It was the first time Sombra saw Ruby trying to defy her own body, and actually get somewhere, but he knew it was a losing battle anyway. Despite her struggle, her body eventually won her over, and Ruby began to run off towards the castle. Sombra sat down, as Ruby went off to do his work.

At the castle in question, the main throne room was filled with some tension between the for-mentioned rulers of Equestria; Celestia and Luna. Since Rainbow's reveal to Celestia over the return of Sombra, the two had sat down and tried to discuss on what exactly to do. If Sombra was still around, even after a defeat and even a death upon him at the Crystal Empire, who knew what he was up to? All day, the two kept trying to discuss and plan, but without much lead on what to go on, they've decided in the end to pick it up in the morning. Luna and Celestia both walked along the halls until they got to Celestia's room.

"Sister, we need to do something for this, we can't just -"

"Luna, I know I know. Listen to me, for the moment we don't have any lead on his where-a-bouts, so we can't move forward until then."

"Then what do you suggest we do? Just stand here until he just appears?"

"Of course not, we'll bring out a search party tomorrow morning, try to find any clue to where he is. We'll work it off from there."

"You sure this will work?"

"Luna, we both defeated him even without the Elements of Harmony. And after that, Twilight was able to do so herself, remember? I'm sure it won't be too dangerous when we do find him again," Celestia assured her. Luna still was a bit unsure about it, not as confident as Celestia was. Still, Luna nodded and began to head off to her room herself.

"Goodnight sister," Luna said as she left.

"Goodnight."

Luna sighed to herself as she continued walking.

"At least I was myself when we defeated him," she thought.

As the two parted ways from there, Luna ventured back to her room down a few more halls. While she went, she had her mind in tangled knots, especially with such a unicorn even seeing the light of day once again after the supposed number of years from the royal sisters defeat upon him. As Luna closed the door, the Alicorn had a bit more on her mind than just the unicorn's return, the risk it had, or who was able to handle the problem. Something else that different the encounters between the two was a strong representation that Luna herself couldn't bear to say. Sombra knew how they acted for a while, Luna sensing that was the case for quite a while. The princess sat down by the door, thinking a bit more. They had many pros, Yet, Luna had one factor wrong with her that, if tapped, could end everything for her ...

Nightmare Moon

(Drjekall&Hyde Confrontation parody)

It's over now, I know inside ...
No one will ever know.
The sorry tale of Nightmare Moon ...
And those who died.
No one must ever know ...

Luna started to move away from the door, the memories flowing into her head about Nightmare Moon. Sure, Sombra might not be related to that issue, but it was still an issue Luna knew all too well over. Nearby, hiding just out of sight, Ruby had finally made it to one of the princesses (against her will). She'd snuck in through the shadows, easier thanks to the new black tint in her skin Sombra gave her, and now the two were stuck in the same room together ...

They'd only see the tragedy.
They'd not see my intent.
The shadow of Night's evil ...
Will forever kill ...
The good that I had meant ...

Soon, Luna was at her window, staring up into the night sky. It was the same sky Nightmare Moon would've kept up for eternity if Luna remained that way ...

Am I a good mare?
Am I a mad mare?
It's such a fine line ...
Between a good mare and a ...

She couldn't bring herself to say the last words to it, as she bowed her head in shame. While she was, Ruby ended up releasing the dark ash into the room, Luna not aware of Ruby in the slightest. After she did, the ash silently started to form something upon sensing Luna there, into a larger Alicorn-like shape. Ruby wanted to warn her, but her own body worked against and kept her mouth shut as the second alicorn moved into sight ...

Do you even think? That I would ever let you go? Do you even think that I would set you free?

Luna turned around to see the very Alicorn she herself had dreaded, and yet, was herself ... Nightmare Moon herself!

If you do, I'm sad to say, it simply isn't so. You will never get away from me.

Luna flew in Nightmare's way, wings spread in anger. All Ruby could do was watch in forced silence as the two confronted each other.

All that you are is a face in a mirror! I close my eyes, and you disappear.

I'm what you face when you face in the mirror, long as you live I will still be here!

Luna's horn started to light up, ready to fire. She didn't want her returning, never again, and she was going to make sure of it.

All that you are is the end of a nightmare, all that you are is a dying scream! After tonight, I shall end this demon dream!

Luna fired, but the firing shot barely made an effect on Nightmare, the alicorn just bowing so her horn will slice up the shot. Her own firing shot proved more effective, sending Luna back to the wall!

This is not a dream, my dear and it will never end! This one is the nightmare that goes on!

Nightmare was soon right in front of an injured Luna, a hoof lifting her head by the chin, so they were eye-to-eye.

I AM HERE TO STAY, no matter what you may pretend! And I'll flourish long after you're gone!

Luna got herself away before Nightmare Moon could finish her off.

Soon you will die, and my silence will hide you! You cannot choose but to lose control!

Luna shot again, but with Nightmare Moon dodging with one beat of her wing, the shot being launched outside. Nightmare landed nearby Luna, right next to her with wing around Luna.

You can't control me, I live deep inside you, each day, you feel me devour your soul!

Luna broke away, walking away from Nightmare with her horn glowing.

I don't need you to survive, as you need me, I'll become whole, as you dance with death! And I'll rejoice, as you breathe your final breath!

Suddenly, Luna turned back once she heard a maniacal laugh, and a loud explosion of magic. Soon, she ended up in a spiraling cloud wall of dark magic, Nightmare Moon showing her full power.

I LIVE INSIDE YOU FOREVER!

"NO!" Luna gasped.

WITH DARKNESS ITSELF BY MY SIDE!

"NOOO!"

And I know that now, and forever, they'll NEVER be able to separate Luna from Night!

Nightmare Moon suddenly flew at her. Ruby, still hiding, couldn't see what was happening, but when the cloud cleared, only Luna was standing there. However, as Nightmare was gone ... she never left Luna behind her.

Can't you see it's! Over now! It's time to die!

Ruby then saw Luna's eyes suddenly change to match Nightmare Moon's! Nightmare was possessing Luna...

No not I, only you!

If I die, you die too!

You die IN ME, I'll BE you!

Darn you night! Set me free!

Can't you see, you ARE ME!

NOO! Deep inside -

I am you, you are Night!

"No, never!"

"Yes Forever!"

"Darn you Nightmare, take all your evil deeds, and rot in Tartarus!

"I'll see you there, Luna!"

Soon, another magic cloud suddenly spun in place, Ruby having to shield her eyes in case something would end up flying at her. When the cloud disappeared, it revealed Nightmare Moon standing there, but Luna was nowhere to be seen.

"What have I done?" Ruby thought, as Nightmare Moon spread her wings, and flew out of the window, leaving Ruby alone in Luna's room. Ruby's body went into action, and she quickly got herself out of there. All the conscious of Ruby could do, was shed a few tears as to the criminal act she committed...

As for Sombra, he saw Nightmare Moon fly away from Canterlot, still laughing, and not seeing Sombra sitting there. The unicorn gave a satisfied grin, his teeth showing, as he pulled out his own touchscreen again. Before getting to Canterlot, Sombra had made a list amongst his goals and motives for the moment, and the first on that list simply said, "Nightmare's return" With his stubbed stick, he happily made a cross mark through the goal, one of a few left as it turned out. He had to wait for Ruby to come back, but with his little distraction flying around and ready to do her own thing, he could afford to wait for an hour at least.

~~~~~~

Within Beach City, the Crystal Gems having even more issues than most. Over the course of the last couple of weeks, they've ended up going through some rather tough hits thanks to the demonic unicorn. For the moment, Steven Universe's corruption had been kept from hearing and knowledge from the rest of the city (for those who hadn't ended up finding out anyway). For the Mane Six, while the corruption didn't affect their world as deeply, it was still a problem that was getting to everypony. And, if that didn't pose a threat to Equestria, Sombra's return will. With all these problems caused so far by one unicorn, the situation was becoming more and more critical the longer they go without any sort of solution. The Gems insisted that the Mane Six go back to their own world, and they'll let them know if they need any extra help.

On personal levels, Sapphire was also having her own troubles when it came to separation. With her counterpart still within Sombra's grasp, Sapphire felt more or less incomplete, even if she tried not to show it in front of her peers. To the young snow Gem, that wasn't the only issue that plagued her mind; with that vision she'd gotten for some time. It was something Sapphire'd grown worried over, despite not knowing for sure what the figures exactly were. The tall human, Alicorn and beast were edged into her mind, and she knew it was only a matter of time before it would play out. And when they do, the Gems and Ponies needed to be ready for it, regardless of the current situation.

For the moment, the Gems were within the Beach House, keeping Steven from running away, despite the corrupted creature being calmer within their presence. Sapphire was with Steven, keeping him calm for the time being, with Amethyst enjoying some bought donuts from the nearby Big Donut, and Pearl and Blue by Steven for the sake of being with him. Steven was watching Amethyst eat, satisfying his hunger thanks to her.

"There, there Steven, you'll be alright," Sapphire promised, sensing Steven feeling of sadness. His memory was being put back piece by piece, and he began to remember himself as a human at some point, enough to spark some dismay anyway.

"UGH, this is so boring. Can we do something else?" Amethyst asked, after finishing off the donut box (including the box).

"You can go if you want to," Sapphire said. She didn't have too much time to use her little vision trick, preoccupied with Steven's corrupted state to do so. Taking the chance, Amethyst went on outside, satisfied with her food and stretching her arms. However, she didn't have too much time to get herself however, as the others inside were given quite a shocker when something suddenly rushed in, her blue water wings spread to get their attention.

"Guys, you might want to come out here!"

"Lapis, what's wrong?"

"No time to explain, just come outside," Lapis insisted, looking a bit in a hurry, and a bit worried herself. Blue, Pearl, Sapphire and Amethyst ended up outside with Lapis, where they saw that Fulgurite and Lion were also there, looking upward at some sort of attention-grabbing object. Lapis flew above them, pointing towards what got their attention. Far up into the sky, when everybody looked, the Gems began to see a sort of strange object high in the sky. The visibility wasn't all that much, but they did see something coming down to them. The odd object looked like a sort of greenish hand, possibly a mechanical one, flying towards them with a finger pointing down to them as if a being larger than earth was pointing them out. None of the Gems had any clue what the heck that was, nor what it was about to do, but Pearl wasn't willing to take any sort of chances with it, and neither would the other Gems. Blue, not having a clue what was coming, began to bark towards the oncoming object.

"Pearl, Amethyst, we need to get ready. Get the cannons," Sapphire instructed. Pearl and Amethyst quickly rushed in to get things set, as Sapphire jumped down towards the others on the beach. Blue and Steven went on outside, unsure of what was going on, and not catching what Sapphire had told Lapis and Fulgurite before they both ran off. Sapphire soon got away herself, and the two were left in the dark after that. Lion went over to them both, glancing at the large hand in the sky. Before, Lion's growls and roars wouldn't make any sense to a human Steven, but in his lion state, Lion's roars and growls reached curious ears. After some instruction, Blue began to head in, yet Steven wasn't sure just what to do, even if he knew what Lion was telling him. After a few more growls, Steven nodded, and simply went back inside the Beach House, went to his room, and laid on the bed. Lion didn't want Steven nor Blue to come out, in case whatever that is makes it to the ground, and after seeing him there, Lion went off. Blue could only lay down next to Steven and wait for whatever result would come around.

~~~~~~

Back in Equestria, the princesses stress hadn't ceased very much. When Celestia had found out upon waking up that her sister had disappeared from her sight, the situation began to dawn upon her that the danger was beyond what they knew. Far too coincidental that they heard of Sombra's return, and suddenly Luna would just disappear. To the older sister, that could mean one of two: Sombra had either kidnapped Luna without anypony noticing, or something happened to her that drove her away. One way or another, she needed help with her situation more than ever. One particular detail posed another horrid possibility ...

The moon refused to be lowered ...

Soon, even with the moon still high in the sky and the sun itself absent, Celestia had called upon a meeting within Canterlot Castle, with Cadence and Twilight accompanied and called for since they were princesses themselves, and her highest-level royal guards to accompany them as well. The two sisters-in-law stood nearby, as Celestia paced worryingly over the dangers.

"The situation had begun to reach far more critical proportions; with the return of Sombra and my sister's disappearance, we can't leave anything left to chance."

"But what do you think happened? Luna would never just leave like this."

"For Luna, perhaps, but given the evidence, there's only one result ..."

Cadence and Twilight glanced to each other before Twilight spoke again.

"You don't mean ..."

"I'm afraid so. Nightmare Moon has returned," Celestia concluded. The news struck Twilight with a hard hit, more than most; such an old enemy that brought her to her friends at the very start, before she was remotely aware of the Crystal Gems mind you, and that kind of enemy had returned after so long. Of course, it didn't take a genius to figure out exactly who was responsible, as for mentioned it being far too coincidental for it not to be. Cadence went over to Celestia.

"Don't worry, princess, we'll figure something out," Cadence assured her.

"Yeah, we'll get Luna back," added Twilight.

"But keep in mind that's not the only issue we have; we still have Sombra out there somewhere," Celestia reminded. They need to handle one problem at a time, they couldn't face them both at once at this rate. However, before anypony could add on anything else, suddenly their royal doors swung open, catching most of the guards by surprise. However, whoever was there simply walked by with a cocky grin on his face.

"Hello there everypony! Am I late for something?"

Celestia wasn't in the mood for his shenanigans, especially at that point.

"Discord, please not now. You know we have enough trouble right now," Celestia insisted, as the draconequus hovered by the princess's head.

"Oh, don't be like that, I'm sure you royals can handle somepony with some knowledge about the predicament, no?" Discord said, while making circles around them in hover mode.

"Discord, leave us alone. We have enough trouble, and you know it," Twilight said, flying in his face.

"Let's not be too hasty princess. Besides, I believe your little Gem friends have even more problems without you," discord revealed, catching their attention. The three princesses knew the Gems to a sort of extent: Twilight knowing them the most, Cadence from her visit to Ponyville, and Celestia through words going about.

"What are you talking about?"

Discord then made his talon hand into a bubble blower and blowing a sort of vision bubble into the room for them to see. In it, Twilight, Cadence and Celestia then saw an area of Beach City where the Gems were bringing out and readying the cannons. The vision moved off away towards the sky, the group seeing the flying hand, pointing right down to the beach (or at them from their view of the vision).

"Mister shadow mare's got some reinforcements flying to the planet, ready to put the beatdown on your Gem friends. Of course, as a princess, I'm sure your kingdom would come first," Discord said, deliberately making Twilight upset, though unknowingly freaking Twilight out.

"I would never!"

"Well then princess, you have a bit of an enigma here. You got Steven in his world with the Homeworld ready to blast him to bits, and you got here with the eternal night. What's it gonna be, my dear?" Discord asked, waiting for an interesting answer, as he acted like a weigher with a Gemstone over his paw, and the Equestrian map in his talon. Twilight felt very pressured by that point, biting the front of her hoof like if someone was biting their nails. On one hoof, Beach City was about to become attacked by a group of otherworldly Gems. On the other hoof, here at home, the place had Nightmare Moon to handle. She felt torn up, and unable to decide, but Celestia finally made her choice for her.

"Twilight, go to the Gems."

"What?"

"We'll handle Nightmare Moon here, Twilight. And you've been in their world before. You go to them," Celestia decided. Twilight took a bit, but seeing the threat coming their way, Twilight felt in her heart that they needed her. So, with a nod of her head, Twilight began to go off. Soon after she left, Discord removed the map from his talon, and gave a kiss to the gemstone before it disappeared from sight.

"Cadence, you go off ahead and locate Nightmare Moon," Celestia instructed. Cadence nodded, and went off herself, a few of the guards joining with her. Before Celestia went though, she wanted to ask something to Discord first.

"Discord. You've had extensive knowledge for some time. You know where Sombra is, do you?" Celestia asked. Discord took a moment to think, a lightbulb popping up above his head ... and him eating it.

"Well, the fancy king scampered off to the everfree. Wish I could join you, but I got my own plans. Good luck with your little princess," Discord said, and disappearing from sight before Celestia could ask him anymore questions.

~~~~~~

Back to the trouble in Beach City, the Gems were on high alert; with so much wrong so far, this was the last thing they need. Steven and Blue remained inside, looking out the window as the Gems continued working to defend from the oncoming threat. Steven himself didn't have a clue what was coming, and nobody was ready to tell him anything. All he and Blue knew down to it was stay inside, and do not come out thanks to Lion. In case they got antsy, Lion posted himself by the door. The cannons were all set, as per mentioned, all aimed towards the flying hand.

"Anyone know how this works? Don't see any buttons," Fulgurite said, trying to see some way to activate them. The other Gems knew how, but they weren't sure if it'll work or not. With the threat flying their way, they didn't have much time to reconsider, nor to think. So, clearing her throat, Sapphire got out the words.

"If every porkchop were perfect, we wouldn't have hot dogs," Sapphire said. As confusing as Fulgurite and Lapis got from the random little saying, the cannons suddenly became active! Aiming to the sky, the three cannons fired off a large pink beam directly at the structure, making a direct hit! To their horror, not only did it prove ineffective, but it also made the hand move faster towards earth in a fist rather than a pointed finger. That only made things even more unnerving, as they tried to think on what on Earth to do against this thing.

"No effect! Any other ideas?!" Lapis asked, gripping her head in worry. Sapphire tried to think a bit on what to do, but the hand was heading down fast, and Sapphire didn't had time.

The hand in the skyrocketed down at breakneck speed, looking and acting like an oncoming meteor towards the beachside area. With not much time to think, the group of Gems readied for the oncoming blow. However, as it came in, the hand then aimed a finger at them again, and gave a powerful firing shot at them! The blast of green energy zooming through the air right at them. Blue and Steven, worried, tried to get themselves out, Lion taking action upon himself to the blast. Getting in the way, Lion gave a power-filled roar directly at it, the very sound wave shattering it! That shot saved the Gems, but it didn't slow down the decent of the hand.

"Thanks Lion," Sapphire said. Blue and Steven tried to get out more so, now that Lion had moved. The door wouldn't budge out of force, but as with memory returning to Steven, he remembered how to open a door. So, working both front paws, Steven tried to open the door, Blue waiting anxiously nearby.

As they tried, the hand began to near the beach, slowing down to a crawl when it came to land. The hand turned over, landing on the front, as the middle finger opened a door inside. The crystal Gems readied for any, and all who would come out to face them. Any Homeworld Gem who'd got this far wasn't going to be given the welcome wagon by any of them. Amethyst, Pearl, and Fulgurite had their weapons drawn as Sapphire, Lion, and Lapis waited to see who arrived, as the Gem stepped out into sight.

The Gem had tangerine skin with darker orange markings on her face, arms, and chest that almost appeared like war paint. She had amber-colored eyes. Her gem, shaped in a diamond, is where her nose should be. She had thick, beige-colored, flowing hair that went down her back. Physique-wise, she has a muscular body and stands both taller and wider than Garnet would've been. She wore a sleeveless half-red, half-mahogany uniform with a yellow diamond insignia on the chest and heavy boots. Her appearance alone just screamed intimidation and power to them, the tall Gem stepping out of the hand ship, and onto the sand.

"You need to leave immediately, this is not a Gem-controlled planet!" Pearl demanded, her spear aimed directly at her.

"So, this is all that's left, eh? Why don't you tell me before I shatter your sorry butts, why'd you kidnapped one of our Homeworld Gems?" she asked in a growl, ready to beat them up.

"What the heck are you talking about?!" Amethyst asked, her whip ready to whack her.

"Don't try to fool me, I got the message already; I know she's here with you, now hand her over!"

"We don't know who you're talking about, you orange gorilla!" Amethyst insulted. The other Gem didn't have a clue what a gorilla was, but she didn't care for much.

"Get off of Earth, we don't have any of your Gems!" Fulgurite added.

"Ugh, you're so difficult you clods," the Gem growled, getting out a message disk, which made a hologram of the message Homeworld had gotten. The other Gems from Earth weren't too sure yet but readied for any attack on her.

"I've tried my best to get back to you, but there had been some complications. I've been ambushed by these clods called the Crystal Gems. These traitors are still alive on Earth after all this time. still forbidding us from recolonizing Earth, still despising Homeworld the same as before, if not more so," she explained, swatting away the message as soon as it was done. The Gems still were completely clueless on everything, but the fact someone had sent Homeworld a message about them, and their false accession for kidnapping only made things worse for them, as if they didn't have enough trouble to begin with.

"We don't know what you're talking about," Sapphire answered. The Homeworld Gem was not convinced, cracking her knuckles before her Gem spawned up her supposed weapon, a large helmet with reinforced Gem material for the front like a battering ram.

"What a waste of my time. Let's see how long you'll last now," she said, ready to battle. In their distress, they weren't sure if a battle was a good idea, but for those to protect earth, it was a must. Back in the Beach House, Steven was getting closer to opening the door. Both he and Blue had seen who arrived, and their anticipation to help only grew more so. Before they could manage to get themselves out, a familiar white door opening appeared in front of them. No sooner after they did see, Twilight Sparkle rushed into the Beach House, almost crashing into Steven upon arrival.

"Where're the others?" Twilight asked, a little hysteric and mostly in a rush. Blue nearly jumped out, barking like mad as he showed Twilight outside, seeing her friends confronted by the Homeworld Gem.

Soon, the door finally got open, and the three practically charged out, as the Gem did the same towards their friends. Lapis was the only one willing to back away as everyone else readied for the attack, but before anyone can hurt each other, Steven scrambled as fast as his four legs could carry him. The Gem charging in was hit hard, tackled to the ground. Blue went in and bit her foot hard, making the Homeworld Gem get up to her feet, throwing the corrupted Gem aside and forcing Blue off her foot.

"Steven!" Pearl gasped. The hit got Steven bruised, but the corrupted Gem stared her down, the Homeworld Gem readied to pound him to the dirt. However, she then noticed Steven's gemstone swaying on his tail. The Homeworld Gem jumped up and rushed at them, but Twilight got in between them both, summoning a shield spell to stop her in her tracks. The Gem skidded to a stop, and Amethyst went up next and got her whip wrapped around her torso. Angered, she actually managed to throw Amethyst back with a sway of her body, snapping the whip, and tossing Amethyst to the wall. She got herself out before looking to them.

"You think I'm that gullible? I've been through all this before, I've been through that first fight, and every fight after that!" The Homeworld Gem snapped, Fulgurite trying to attack her. However, she was surprisingly fast for such a robust Gem, and a fist slammed hard in Fulgurite's face! Twilight hovered by her, trying to get a restraining beam to hit her, but the Homeworld Gem wasn't having any of it; grabbing her from the air by the tail, and slamming the alicorn into the sand multiple times. Steven, Lion, and Amethyst tried to get her to stop, but the Homeworld Gem used Twilight like a weapon and whacked them away. The hits were dangerously close to cracking Twilight's horn, or shattering Steven's mirror. For Twilight, she couldn't get herself straight and became disorientated with the abusive usage. She couldn't fly correctly, nor use her magic right with the constant thrashing, whacking, and swinging. As for the hits themselves, they were very hard, and strong enough to throw Lion to the wall and causing Steven to stay back, harsh bruises on his head and back under his flower petals.

"I don't know what you're planning, but it won't work," she growled, directing Steven's attention towards their home. "That's your last stronghold." She raised a bruised, and tired Twilight towards him by a wing. "This is an example of what's left of your army." With the buildup, Lapis and Sapphire both kept their distance, former out of the unwillingness for violence, and the latter for lacking much fighting power without Ruby to fuse with. The large Gem raised Twilight, who was too shaken up to think straight...

"You had failed."

That was what Twilight remembered just before she slammed her Gem helmet right at her head ...

~~~~~~

The alicorn couldn't grasp what'd happened, as she slowly, but surely, began to come back around. Her body was sore, bruised up from head to hoof, but Twilight started to shake herself awake. The floor under her wasn't the warm dry sand, but cold metallic flooring of what seemed to be a sort of cell. Prison cell, as a matter of fact. Nopony else was in there with her, nor did Twilight hear anything going on outside of it. The walls were thick with metal-like paneling, but the side leading to the hall had a sort of strange, green force field that separated her from the rest of the prison hold. Before Twilight tried anything, the Alicorn gave a check to see if any permanent damage was done to her. Luckily for her, even after getting pummeled over and over, the Alicorn's horn remained intact. She was still an Alicorn, and not a Pegasus after the experience, but that wasn't her only issue after all.

Twilight got up on her four hooves, her wings spread out for some balance for the first couple of seconds. Whoever that Gem was, she sure busted her up pretty good. At least she was still standing after the beating she took, thank Celestia. She listened in, and she didn't hear anypony going about the place, so, no better time like the present.

"Okay, Twilight. One ... Two ..."

Soon, Twilight gathered up some magical energy, and shot it to the force field. However, when the shot was made, the magic beam did little to no effect to it. The alicorn needed a way out, find the Gems, and get out before whatever the Homeworld was planning for them would come into play. Twilight stepped over to the force field, seeing if she could try forcing it open without her magic. She stepped up, reared back, and planned to slam her front hooves. When she fell onto it though, she immediately fell forward onto the ground, as if the forcefield wasn't even there. In short, she was free to venture out of the forcefield! That didn't mean the forcefield didn't feel weird on her body, and Twilight got out of it so the odd feelings could stop on her body. In no time at all, she was out, and free to explore the place for a while.

Twilight continued soldiering on ahead through the halls soon after she got herself out. All the halls seemed to be the same, with the same walls lining up everywhere with similar colors. The only sound the Alicorn heard was her own hoof prints, though she kept trying to keep herself quiet as she continued just in case something could be around. Twilight tried over and over to find where her friends ended up, but to no result or reward to show for it. She couldn't seem to find hide nor hair of any of the Gems from Earth.

"Pearl? Amethyst? Steven? Sapphire? Where are you guys?" Twilight quietly called. She didn't get any answer just yet, but then she heard a small whine come from not too far away. Twilight moved off to a corner of the hall, and then she found someone; Blue! The gem hound hadn't got out himself, unaware that he could on his own. Twilight trotted over to him.

"Blue, you're okay," Twilight said in relief, Blue happy to see her. Twilight then got an idea; stepping halfway into the force field, she raised her right wing to give Blue an escape. The gem pup quickly took his chance and got his way out. Twilight got herself out after the while, shaking off the odd feel of the field, and was quickly met with a doggy kiss from Blue.

"I'm glad to see you too, boy," Twilight giggled, Blue giving a happy bark to her. Course, they both needed to figure out the rest. Yet, the noise did catch some more attention, as a larger figure from the back looked to them, the mirror reflected face unmistakable for the creature.

"Oh my. Uh ... Blue, stand here please?" Twilight said, patting the ground near the force field. Blue went over, and sat down, as Twilight began to climb him. Sure, she can fly, but she needed her wings to help Steven out. Blue was a bit sore as it was, so Twilight standing on him wasn't helping much, and growled to prove the point.

"Sorry it'll be a second," Twilight said, both wings spread as she stood in between the field. It wasn't very wide, but it was just tall enough for Steven to get himself through. The corrupted gem wasn't sure why these two were doing this, but out of impulse, Steven squeezed himself out from the opening given. Twilight had gotten Steven and Blue out, but the rest were still hidden somewhere within the place, and they had to keep looking and get them out ASAP.

"Alright, Steven and Blue are good, but there's still seven more in here. Better keep looking," Twilight monologued, beginning to go again. While Steven stayed close, Blue wandered a little bit until he came across a large window.

"Blue come on, we can't -" Twilight was immediately cut short by what she saw. Outside the window, the group was in orbit! Earth laid far below, and they were within the orbit, seeing space around the planet. Twilight's irises shrunk in shock, ears folding back.

"Okay then. Not only are we stuck in a prison, but we're stuck in a prison in space. Great, just great!" Twilight recapped, feeling frantic on the situation. How the hay are they gonna escape if they can't get to earth?! Before Twilight could fall into paranoia, Steven's gem tail knocked against her head, getting her to her senses.

"Ok ok, one step at a time. Come on you two, let's find the others," Twilight concluded. Blue and Steven followed her from there.

For the next twenty or so minutes, the group itself tried to keep quiet as best they can, though it was Easter said than done. Especially thanks to giant lion Steven, sneaking around and stealth in general weren't attributes they had on their side. With the halls looking the same, direction wasn't any help either. As they kept going, Steven suddenly stopped upon hearing some voices. No, it wasn't any friend voice, but Steven followed anyway. Twilight was looking around a corner, not noticing Steven wander off just yet.

"Okay, it's safe to - Steven!" Twilight gasped, realizing he wandered off. Twilight had just caught Steven's tail, and began to follow it, leaving Blue for the moment, telling him to stay put. Steven kept moving along until he reached another area of the spaceship. The place was a sliding futuristic door, and it automatically opened up when Steven approached. The other room looked about the same as everything else on the darn ship, same green walls. However, the place also had a full control pad with front window, like a spaceship should have. Steven also caught the very Gem who captured them making a vocal phone call to Homeworld.

"Jasper calling in to Homeworld; I've captured the Crystal Gems and currently bringing them back."

So that was her name. Jasper then heard the Homeworld call, unaware of Steven for the moment. Another voice spoke through.

"Peridot obtained then?"

"I'll come back for her later; this is top priority. Signing off," Jasper replied, turning off the message. Jasper, having the ship on autopilot for a while, took the moment to try to get herself together. Why should they care for Peridot anyway? ... Then she felt fur and petals touch her back. Jasper looked back to see Steven standing there, not acknowledging the danger he'd put himself in. Twilight didn't catch up yet, so Steven was on his own as Jasper got her fists and helmet ready.

"Rose! How'd you get out?! No matter, I'll shatter you now," Jasper decided, charging at Steven. The corrupted Gem reared back, front legs spread out, but rather than attack, Jasper slammed hard into Steven, sending them both to the wall. Steven, however, didn't let Jasper go, his front paws surprisingly strong and keeping a grip on her. Twilight finally rushed in, to find Steven and Jasper in a death lock with each other.

"Steven! Oh no oh no oh no," Twilight said, ready to aid, but the tumbling Jasper got herself free, throwing Steven at Twilight. The Alicorn could only dodge the huge, corrupted gem flying at her, Jasper fully facing them both. Twilight got Steven up, pushing him out the door to get him moving before Jasper could crush them. Luckily the ship was on an autopilot, because Jasper rushed out of the control room after them. Steven and Twilight both split up from the room, forcing Jasper to single out one target. In the end, she began heading after Steven, seeing him as a higher point of interest than the Alicorn. As Steven was being chased, Twilight tried to relocate where Blue was, hoping to find him in the same place. The dog, however, had already wandered off from where he was supposed to be. What he was doing, Twilight had no clue, but the pup was gone. Guess he wasn't trained to stay anywhere. For Steven, Jasper wasn't relenting on any of her moves, trying to recapture the runaway Gem.

"Get back here Rose!" Jasper demanded, though Steven didn't stop his run around. Making the turns wasn't as easy though, even with four paws, since the floor was smooth as ice, and just as slippery to Steven. Jasper didn't have such problems, and eventually Jasper grabbed hold of Steven's tail. However, Steven was more panicked, and back-kicked Jasper right in her face, yet it didn't make her let go. Soon, Steven stood strong, and turned back to Jasper, the other Gem seeing her reflection in the mirror. Steven was scared, and it seemed he was trying to beg like a sad pup, but the reflection of Jasper's face with puppy eyes was less sad, and more confusing to Jasper (especially considering it was her own face begging like a kid). Jasper shook her head to focus, but Steven got himself free, made a quick 180, and barreled into Jasper before running back where he came from, trying to find a way out.

Meanwhile, Twilight was having her own trouble in finding the others. Without much direction, it almost seemed like she was going in circles trying to find everyone. After a long while, she finally got a sort of clue that hit her ears ...

Singing.

It wasn't exact words, more along the lines of humming, but it was loud enough for Twilight to hear. Ears up, Twilight flew down the halls, following the sound until she found the source within a prison cell. Looking in, she saw the Gem inside, Sapphire, singing her tune in her cage. Twilight wasted no time in getting there to the cell.

"Twilight. How'd you -" Sapphire tried to ask, but Twilight answered by spreading her wing, making an opening for her to escape. "Of course. Thank you." Soon, Sapphire got herself out another Gem free.

"Glad to see you. You know where the others are?" Twilight asked. Sapphire nodded her answer, and just aimed a finger in one direction down another hall. Twilight was going to go, but before they did anything, a familiar bark echoed. Soon, Blue ran into view, but that time he wasn't alone. Joining behind him was the reason Blue disappeared for the moment; he freed Lion and Fulgurite!

"Twilight, Sapphire! Great to see ya," Fulgurite said.

"Likewise. Listen, the others are scattered in here Twilight, you go with Lion and get them out. Fulgurite, come with me," Sapphire instructed.

"Where to?"

"We're going to handle control," Sapphire answered. Fulgurite immediately got excited, and the two groups split. Twilight and Lion went towards the others while Sapphire and Fulgurite went right to the control room.

For the two speedsters, it took seconds to locate the spot, while a Twilight and Lion needed more time to get the others free. When they did arrive, Fulgurite went right on the seat, spinning a bit before looking at the control pad.

"Oh baby, here we go!" Fulgurite beamed. The control pad though was a bit different, liquified rather than being any touch screen. But heck, Fulgurite couldn't wait to try, and her hand dipped into the water. The surge went through her, all sort of code, information and direction flowing through her mind and body like data. It wasn't like lightning electricity, but it was a close second. Fulgurite's hacking of the ship was bound to be noticed at any moment so, Sapphire kept her attention to the door.

"You feeling okay?" Sapphire asked.

"OH YEAH! Let's hack this bad boy back home!" Fulgurite beamed, the sensation of energy bringing her to overdrive. Her hair spread out as if it was being blown in some strong wind, static electricity shooting out here and there in short pulses. Soon, after about a minute, the ship started to turn around, and move down to Earth again. The sudden change in direction, as Sapphire figured, was caught by everyone's attention.

A few halls down, Steven and Jasper were still fighting it out when they felt the ship turn around, making Jasper stop for the second.

"What the heck?" Jasper wondered, starting to go back to the control room. Steven followed Jasper close behind, as Jasper quickly got to the control room, to see Fulgurite there!

"HEY!" Jasper yelled, rushing in. Steven couldn't catch her, and Sapphire couldn't come close, so Fulgurite was brutally pulled away. As she did, not only was Jasper strongly electrocuted by Fulgurite's electric charge, but the extra electricity short-circuited the controls, frying them almost instantly! Worse, the ship was still heading right for Earth.

If anything, they're stuck in a crash landing!

"What did you do?!" Jasper yelled, gripping Fulgurite hard as if trying to pop her from sheer muscle.

"I don't have a clue!" Choked Fulgurite. Jasper threw her aside, and tried to work the ship back to life, but the ship's controls wouldn't start back up by any means! Sapphire and Fulgurite weren't sure what Jasper was going to do, but Fulgurite wasn't going to stick around to find out. When she tried for the door, something was in her way right on the other side. Jasper, Sapphire, and Fulgurite both saw Steven sitting there still.

"Steven move it!" Fulgurite said, trying to move him, but Steven pushed Fulgurite back in the room. Jasper, anger sky rocketing, readied to attack again, but the ship swayed and spun around as it neared Earth. Jasper couldn't get a proper footing, everyone else on the ship unsure what will happen. Sapphire couldn't only say one thing ...

"Brace for impact."

~~~~~~

In Beach City, the craft itself was coming down very fast. Not a single person really noticed anything, unaware that the Gems were kidnapped in the first place. Closer and closer, the ship itself went straight down towards the mountain area of the city, towards the beach. With the palm to the sky, the hand ship had finally hit the cliff full force. After landing, the entire ship finally exploded, finally catching some attention back to the city. All over the beach, spare parts shot around all over the beach, landing in the water and dangerously close to the docks. Of course, it got people running to see of everything was alright.

At the wreckage, the huge number of debris revealed many of the Gems, more or less okay. Lion, Steven, and Blue were protected by a last-minute Twilight magic shield, which wrapped around everyone she'd gotten out in time of the crash. The first to get himself out was Lion, roaring off some rubble. He managed to shield Blue with his own body for the crash, keeping them both safe in the end. Looking around though, they both didn't see anyone along the beach. Blue and Lion moved along for a bit until Blue's smell lead him to a larger pile of rubble. Lion took lead and roared good and loud to get the rubble off. Underneath it all shown the Crystal Gems in Twilight's bubble shield, but Steven wasn't anywhere to be seen amongst them.

"Is everypony okay?" Twilight asked, looking back. Amongst those she saved: Pearl, Amethyst, and Lapis. Sapphire and Fulgurite appeared not too far away; a bit dazed but having enough strength to stand at least.

"I think so ... Where's -"

Before Pearl could finish, suddenly some more rubble was thrown into the ocean, showing a weakened, but ticked off Jasper staring daggers at everyone. The ship was destroyed, all of the Crystal Gems were out, and she wasn't having any of it!

"You ... Look what you've done!! You're all dead!!" Jasper screeched, ready to charge at them once more, forgetting how many odds were against her. They all readied to face her, but all of them were weakened from the crash, evident in their physical state ...

"Well done, Gem."

The voice was out of nowhere, and eerily familiar. Laying comfortably on some risen rubble along the path to the Beach House, they all locked eyes with the demonic Unicorn himself; Sombra! The unicorn was right next to Ruby, the unicorn's hoof gently rubbing Ruby's head like she was a quaint accessory.

"See you had some fun of your own."

"What're you doing here?!" Twilight demanded.

"Well, I was trotting along for a visit, but you weren't home. Homeworld got my message to come by, too. Wonderful to accept my invitation," Sombra noted with his own glee, Jasper not being in any mood for games.

"What message? I didn't get any from you, whoever you are!"

Sombra cleared his throat as he approached.

"I've tried to get back to you, but there had been some complications. I've been ambushed by these clods called the Crystal Gems. These traitors are still alive on earth after all this time. Still forbidding us from recolonizing Earth, still despising Homeworld the same as before, if not more so. And I believe it was cut short as well."

"How did you send a message to Homeworld? WHY did you?!" Lapis asked. Jasper felt deeply tricked for leaving Homeworld behind her, and thanks to a fake message from this demonic unicorn. Sombra for one, simply moved Ruby aside, turning into smoke as he floated around Lapis.

"Nothing more than a little helping hoof from your little Peridot. Where is that Gem anyway, I wanted to see her," Sombra said with a toothy grin. Amethyst whipped at Sombra, getting him to back away.

"We don't have your Peridot, now back off!" Amethyst said, though the whip wasn't calculated due to her state. Sombra, ignoring Amethyst, turned over to Jasper.

"I should be thanking you for what you did. I was hoping for you to crumble their strength for me, though I didn't expect you to fly off to do that. You've made my work a lot easier," Sombra explained. Fulgurite tried to fight Sombra, only one with plenty of energy, but Sombra turned to shadow before she could hit him. The unicorn then hovered to Twilight, the Alicorn deeply weakened as it was. She readied to fly, but Sombra sank his sharp teeth into Twilight's wing, and kept her down under hoof.

Everyone else was as ready as they could be for the attacker, but their physical state wasn't going to help them out...

And Sombra knew it, as his shadows casted over everyone around him ...

Author's Note:

Anypony see any resemblance to the first chapter here? :raritywink: