• Published 21st Sep 2015
  • 1,718 Views, 14 Comments

What she wanted - The Infinity Doctor



Starlight Glimmer has finally achieved what she was trying to accomplish, and...she soon discovers that maybe it was for the best, that she was foiled by the Elements

  • ...
2
 14
 1,718

Just Us Equines

Starlight lay holed up in her room. Her conversation with Tantabus zipping through her mind.

How in the world was she supposed to fix this? she wondered.

Time-travel being as fickle as it was, it would take weeks, nay- years to find the exact point to rectify the timeline.

Shoving her muzzle into her pillow on the large bed, she whimpered. For the first time in a long time, she truly whimpered. Nothing could go right with her, could it? Even the plan, which actually worked, hadn't turned out correctly. SHE was the one who was supposed to be in charge...

She lifted her head, and wiped at her muzzle, and came to realize that she'd been crying, if only a little. She shook herself out, and stood on the bed, stretching out. She already felt a little better.

'No use in crying over it now...' she thought, then with a little humor 'plenty of time for it after I fix all of this...'

Stepping down from the bed, she wandered to the door, with the intent to peek out.

She naturally shrieked when the doorknob suddenly turned into an eye. A mouth soon followed, appearing on the door itself.

"Don't you know- what happened to the cat? Curiousity and all that?"

"I could say the same thing about peeping toms!" Starlight shouted, punching the doorknob.

No shriek of pain came, but the doorknob disappeared altogether, along with the mouth.

She turned around, just in time to see the chaos spirit float in through the large glass balcony doors, riding a floating carpet.

"A peeping tom, I ain't." he stated, jumping off of the carpet.

The rug then exploded into a thousand pieces, shooting every which way, sticking to the walls and floor like bubblegum.

Starlight blinked, and shuddered in disgust when she realized that some of the sticky bits of fuzz and goo were stuck in her mane and coat. She winced in pain as she twisted her head, the bits pulling at her mane.

"W-Well...what do you want?" Starlight asked, peeved at the spirit.

Honestly, in her own Faust-damned room!

"Want? What could I possibly want from you?" he chuckled, sitting rather demurely on a chair that certainly wasn't there before, as he crossed his mismatched legs.

"Something obviously," Starlight stated, wincing once more as she sat down "unless you just appear to random strangers, and cover them in...in this..."

"It happens more often than you might think." he said, grinning like a maniac.

A firehose suddenly snaked its way out of her dresser, and sprayed the whole room, and herself, down in a shower of corn kernels and some kind of plant seed.

Everything was soon clean, and the hose wound its way back into the drawer, and firmly closed itself.

"Now, let's get down to business, shall we?" Discord said, seeming more like a statement than a question.

"What about?" Starlight asked.

"I think you know, Miss Glimmer."

She gulped.

"The damage is quite severe, but I assume you knew that." he muttered, seeming heavily displeased.

"Why...why do all of you want things back the way they were?" Starlight asked, seemingly out of the blue. It'd been nagging at her, ever since she came back, after 'fixing' the timeline.

"Not all of us, mind." Discord stated "There are some of us who are oblivious of course, thanks to those of us that want to keep it a secret."

"You're conspiring against the others?" she whispered.

"It's only Tantabus and I at the moment, plus yourself." he stated, matter-of-factly.

"But...why?" she asked again "I can't wrap my head around this- you've got everything; everything!. Why in Equestria are you just going to throw all of that away?!"

"Because Tanta and I both know that both of us will still survive in the 'original' future." Discord stated.

"Nightmare Moon, I understand- but Chrysalis...?"

"Dies of love radiation on the outskirts of Equestria."

"...no- no take that back!" Starlight stammered "I can't know these things! Who knows what effect that could have!"

"Says the pony who single-handedly changed all life as we know it." Discord shot back "You're already Deltoideus-deep in hot water- nowhere to go but left."

"So...the only reason the two of you are doing this...is to get rid of the other two..." Starlight said slowly.

"No..." Discord replied, smiling at her "as twisted as I am- Nightmare Moon and Chrysalis could do far worse damage either alone or together, than the four of us together."

"An alicorn can do worse damage than a spirit with your power?"

"Yes."

"...in what universe does that make sense?"

"In all of them."

Starlight blanched.

"I might mess with the environment, and with gravity, etc, etc- but Nightmare Moon and Chrysalis can do something far worse than I can."

"What would that be?" Starlight asked.

"They can break their subjects."

"Don't you do that?" Starlight asked, partially remembering some of her history classes.

"Not permanently," he shot back "anything I do can easily be undone- but truly breaking someone...it's evil..."

Starlight opened her mouth to reply, when Discord spoke up once more.

"And, a country full of broken ponies is no fun to rule over."

"Ah, of course." Starlight replied sarcastically, rolling her eyes.

"I mean it, breaking a pony is one of the worst things you can do." he stated, dead serious.

'Coming from the thing that plunged Equestria and then some into an unstable madhouse.' she thought, though didn't even consider voicing her thoughts to the chaos spirit.

Comments ( 4 )

Woahwoahwoahwoahwoahwoahwoahwoahwoahwoahwoahwoah!!!! That escalated quickly XD

Added this to my favs. cant wait to see what happens next. :pinkiehappy:

8970150
That's cute. I just found this and saw the time before I read it. I knew what I was getting into. I hope that joke was intentional.

9223621
Indeed. Sad that it probably. It's not the best story, but its too short to reach its potential, so I can't make a proper judgement.

Login or register to comment