• Published 21st Sep 2015
  • 11,808 Views, 227 Comments

A New Wheel - Northern Desert



You know the drill. Some poor sap manages to buy something from a creepy salesman and is sent to Equus. Now our stranded and weary dimension hopper has to survive war, politics, and others who've managed to get in the same mess as him.

  • ...
31
 227
 11,808

Chapter 6 - Rage and Forgiveness

“What do you mean ‘he’s gone’!?!” Thorn Brush shouted. It had been a couple of hours since Philip was ‘escorted’ out of the restaurant by seven mysterious figures. To say the castle had been in an uproar would be an understatement.




“Lord Yveltal is gone!?!” The small fox, a Zorua if Thorn Brush was not mistaken, shouted. The other Pokemon had gathered along with Thorn Brush and his guards when Parcel Dove had come back setting off the alarms.




“Yes,” Parcel Dove groaned. “I was gone for 10 minutes, 10 minutes and he goes and gets himself snatched!” Parcel Dove had been ranting about the whole endeavor. “It’s like he’s a child. Oh who am I kidding, he is a child!” she continued to berate the missing king and herself for the whole mess.




Thorn Brush let out a sigh and rubbed his temples. He had already lost one king, even if Coal Patch was a bad one, there was no way he would lose another. Now he just needed to get the mare to calm down and give him some information on his kidnappers.




“Parce Dove,” He said, keeping his voice calm. “I need you to tell me everything, and I mean everything, that happened. If we’re going to find him I need to know who took him.”



Parcel Dove started to control her breathing and then began to tell them what had happened. From what she had mentioned, and the description of the mare she was with, Thorn Brush could get a good idea who was behind this.




It was not long ago a certain sun princess had informed Coal Patch of her heroic student and her friends. And it seemed one of those friends was on the island…..




“Okay,” Thorn Brush let out a sigh of relief. If the Equestrians took him then they didn’t have to worry about his life being in mortal danger. And if Thorn Brush could bet his money on anything, then he would bet they had a ship somewhere on the other side of the island.




He turned towards one of the guards stationed at the main gate. Said guard, Venom Tooth, had been called to report any strange visitors that might be involved. “Lieutenant Venom Tooth, could you please inform us of what direction those seven travelers came from?”



The Drakonian gave an awkward salute and responded to his captains question. “Strange Travelers came from west, captain sir!” The Drakonian gurgled.



Thorn Brush had learned to get past the awkward speech patterns of the Drakonians. “That means they most likely have a ship anchored west,” Bulkwater said, walking down the staircase. “And if I could make an educated guess, I would say their at Devil’s Cove.”



Thorn Brush nodded in agreement. “Greetings, Bulkwater,” He smiled, happy to have another ally on the case. The Drakonian gave a curt nod to greet them. Thorn Brush then pulled out a map and laid in on the table in front of him.



“They were last seen going towards the construction area, which means they went east. It’ll take them awhile to get back to Devil’s Cove.” He snickered at the Equestrian’s ignorance of the island.




“Who exactly are we dealing with?” Parcel Dove questioned.



“From your description and the one Princess Celestia sent to Coal Patch not so long ago, you were with a pony named Fluttershy.” Thorn Brush said. Everyone in the room went wide eyed.



“But why would an Equestrian, let alone an Element of Harmony, want with Philip?” Parcel Dove asked in confusion. Bulkwater let out a snort, unamused by these Equestrians antics.



Thorn Brush clicked his tongue, processing some theories. “My guess, they heard about Coal Patch and got the wrong idea,” He huffed. The Equestrians were a bunch of children running around an ideology that all things should be loved.



“But I heard this Coal Patch guy was a piece of dung,” The Zorua asked in confusion. “Why would they care if he liberated you guys?”



“Equestrians are soft hearted,” Thorn Brush snorted. “They lock up all of their enemies and leave it off until it comes to bite them in the ass. The mere thought of Philip killing another pony must make them think he’s some kind of monster.”



Bulkwater let out a snarl while Parcel Dove stomped her hoof an annoyance. Zorua got up from his sitting postion. “Let’s go to this camp and set up a welcoming party for these Equestrians, eh?”



Thorn Brush let out a chuckle at the joking manner of the Zorua. “I have to agree with our fox friend. We know where they’re going more than they do. Why not set up a surprise for them?”



He then shouted orders to his guards while Bulkwater called his troops is, leaving a small garrison behind to guard the city. Zorua hopped onto Thorn Brush’s back. “Giddy up horsey, we’ve got some mayhem to spread!” The little fox laughed.



The group set off, grinning like maniacs. Time to make the guest comfortable.





“I can’t believe that worked.” Rainbow Dash hollered in laughter as they carried the unconscious bird in a makeshift stretcher. The managed to get out of the city, miraculously unseen or stopped by the guards.



“I don’t know, girls,” Spike said, rubbing the back of his head with guilt. “I mean, this guy hadn’t really done anything wrong---”



“Darling, you heard that merchant,” Rarity sniffed disdainfully. “He killed another living being!” The others besides Fluttershy, probably due to her profession, shuddered at the mere mention of the word. Even the thought of any creature---



“Yeah,” Spike said, crossing his arms and raising an eyebrow. “But didn’t we do the same to Sombra?”



He had them there. But did they really have a choice in the matter? After all, they had no idea what the Crystal Heart would have done. So was it really the same?



The heard some hiccuping from the strange bird. “Pinkie,” Fluttershy asked with worry, sticking close to the avian’s side to make sure he wouldn’t be harmed. “What exactly did we give him?”



“Oh,” Pinkie Pie said in between bounces. “Some magical enhanced alcohol, Zecora’s herbal tea, some magic essences from Discord, and cookie dough made by Gummy and I!”



The other ponies gave a look of pity towards Yveltal, now realizing what they had exposed the creature to. “Pinke Pie,” Fluttershy scolded. “That’s so unhealthy, he could die!”



Pinkie Pie’s mane deflated at that statement. “I don’t want anypony to die…..”



“And nopony will die, Pinkie,” Twilight reassured, looking back to Fluttershy. “I scanned him after the dose was administered, he’ll be fine.”



Fluttershy looked relieved, but still pressed closely to Philip’s side. “You’re soft *hic*,” The bird giggled. “I’m also *hic* soft, so *hic* fluffyyyyyyyy!” He made some more inaudible noises before snuggling up closer towards Fluttershy. She blushed but didn’t stop him.



“Thank *hic* for taking me home,” He said gleefully. The ponies gave him a guilty look. After a moment of silence, Twilight chose to question the Yveltal.



“Tell me….” Twilight said, realizing they didn’t know the creatures name.



“Philip, Ms. Winged Unicorn,” He giggled, informing her of his name.



“Okay, Philip,” Twilight said gently. “Could you tell us of how you got here and what happened to Coal Patch?” The others waited to hear some horrifying tale. That he came from the depths of Tartarus and his goal was to rule the pony nations.



What they didn’t expect was the truth. It was only then did they realize how much they fucked up.



“*Hic* Oh,” He said, cocking his head in thought, trying to get past his clouded head. “I *Hic* fell from a hole *hic* in the sky!” He said cheerfully.



“A hole in the sky?” Twilight asked dubiously. The others looked at him with the same look but Fluttershy urged him on.



“And *hic* I feel for a re*hic*ally long time,” He said, smiling at the memory.



“But can’t you fly,” Rainbow Dash asked. What kind of bird couldn’t fly? (Many, but she didn’t get her PHD in Zoology.)



“Oh, *hic* yeah,” He said, coming to that realization. “I guess *hic* I could have.” He giggled at his own stupidity.



“What happened next?” Spike asked with excitement. It was sounding like one of those superhero origin stories.



“I crashed down and *hic* knocked over that mean *hic* pony guy on *hic* accident,” He said. “I *hic* thought the crowd would have *hic* gone mad *hic* but they held some parade *hic* in my honor and *hic hic* made me their *hic* king!”



Only after these words did the Equestrians know how much they fucked up. All of them paled under the realization that they may have jumped the gun on this one.



“So...you didn’t mean to kill Coal Patch?” Twilight asked, hesitating.



“No,” He said. “I *hic* actually *hic hic hic* managed to save some ponies from *hic* execution!” The paled at his answer.



“And then *hic*,” He continued. “I *hic* stopped the natives and ponies from *hic* fighting!”



“Shit shit shit shit” These words were probably the ones running through there head.



“Afterwards *hic* I untied them *hic*,” He kept on going, making the seven feel even more guilty. “And *hic* went to sleep *hic. But when I *hic* woke up *hic* I found *hic* out they don’t serve meat!” He lamented.



“So *hic* Parcel Dove *hic*, this really nice *hic* unicorn mare who reminds me of my *hic* big *hic* sister, took me to get *hic* pizza!”



“I told you we might have been wrong,” Spike cried in frustration. “But no one listens to the dragon--” Before he could finish his rant, Philip finished his short tale with the ending sending shivers up all of their spines.




“And then *hic* this princess *hic* Twilight Spar*hic*kle and her *hic* friends drug me *hic* at the pizza *hic* place before I could *hic hic* finish my pizza or *hic* soda!” He wined.



“HOW DID HE KNOW!” Rainbow Dash yelled in complete shock.




“I’m gonna *hic* have strong *hic* words *hic* with them!” He declared. “Who *hic* drugs random *hic* people?”



The others looked on, continuing walking in complete shock. Who the hell was this guy and more importantly, was he always like this without the alcohol?





Celestia was sipping some tea, joined by her sister, Cadence, Shining Armor, and Discord. She was deep in thought. While Luna could visit their subjects’ dreams during the night, Celestia could see certain locations to wherever the sun’s light touched.



Just then, she spat out her tea all over Luna. Cadence and Shining Armor looked shocked, Discord broke into a fit, and Luna wiped her face in annoyance.




“Pray tell, dearest sister,” Luna seethed. “Why did thou shot the continents of thy tea upon our face?” Discord was holding his sides, breaking into tears.



Celestia started to holler in laughter. “She fucked up,” she laughed. “She so fucked up!”



The others gave her dubious looks while she and Discord withered on the ground in pain. “Ohhhhh she is so screwed!” Discord said, hugging onto Celestia for dear life. She didn’t seem to mind, already to far gone in her own laughter.




“Is it Twilight?” Cadence asked with worry. Shining Armor shot up, ready to rush to his sister’s aid.




“Tell us sister,” Luna said, grabbing a hold of Celestia and shaking her. “What threatens dear Princess Twilight?”



“Th--ey d-rug--ed hi--m!” Discord tried to speak coherently, but failed to do so. “The--y kidnappe-d him in his own freaking ci---ty and t--ook him away!”




“I knowowowwow!” Celestia cried in pain. “Oh, Dear God it hurtssssss!”



The other three tried to process what was going on but couldn’t manage it. “Let us sit down and wait for them to calm down,” Luna sighed, rolling her eyes. “I swear, we act more of a princess then our sister, and I was stuck on the moon while she had all of the practice to improve.”





The glowing four legged entity looked over the papers set before him, closely reading them. He looked up to the being sitting in front of him. He was black, red, and gray. He had a bird like appearance and was Y shaped if he displayed his body.



“So,” The divine being sighed. “This it it, huh?” The avian chuckled, his voice tired and horse.



“It seems so, father,” He laughed, relief seemed to fill him. “It was fun, but my time is over and now someone else has to take over.”



“It’s a shame to see you go,” Another four legged being said, she was next to the first being and was just as powerful. She blew some red strand of hair out of her muzzle. “You have been with us for many millennium, but I understand you need to move on.”




“Thank you, mam,” He said, giving a small bow. “But I think the one I have chosen will be more than enough, if not more.”



The glowing being nodded. “He seems eccentric, childish,” He mentioned. “Are you sure he can do this?” The female have him a nudge on the shoulder.



“Come on, Archy,” She laughed. “Have some faith why don’t you?”



‘Archy’ let out an exasperated sigh. “I told you not to call me that while we work, dear,” He mumbled in annoyance. All she did was shoot him a cheeky grin, grappling one of his forelegs with hers.



“I know, I know,” She sighed, rolling her eyes in amusement.



The bird chuckled in amusement. “I’m sure,” he said. “He’s rough around the edges, but I think he’s just what Xerny needs. I doubt she’ll skewer him immediately, plus he’s a good kid.”



“Thank you, Yveltal,” The the mare said. “You services are most welcome,”




“The pleasure was all mine, Lady Faust,” He replied, giving another small bow. He got ready to take off into the unknown, but stopped himself. “Due tell Xerneas I said goodbye.”



“Don’t worry,” Archy reassured. “We will.”



With that said, the Yveltal took off. Where his journey would lead him was unknown. What they did know was that this would usher in a new era, for better or worst.



Arcy let out a sigh. “I will let her know that she will be having a new administrator for her home,” He said.




Faust put a hoof on his chest. “Everything will be fine,” She said, but then hesitated with her next words. “Is it wise to have our new friend go to….him?” She asked with worry.



The divine creature shook his head in uncertainty. “It might, it might not be,” he answered. “But he will get answers, even if they are not what he wants….”



(



The Crew of the Merry Mare were not ready for such an attack. The Drakonians and ponies had overrun them in in a matter of minutes. It was quick and decisive, no casualties were made.


“And now we wait,” Thorn Brush said as his troops got into position to make an ambush.





Ugh, my head is killing me! What did I drink or eat? It feels like someone put a helmet on my head and proceeded to pound it with a hammer. Even now I can’t open my eyes very well, it was like I was intoxicated. Which made no sense since--



My thoughts were cut short as a brown blur slammed onto my head. What the fuck was that! God, my head hurts even more. It was like a rock hit me, which made no sense because I was inside----



“Rainbow,” A voice wined in annoyance, trying to scold this ‘Rainbow’. “Becareful. You almost hit us with those coconuts.”



Coconuts? Okayyyy, where the hell am I that a coconut would him me?



“I think she hit the birdy!” A high pitched voice yelled. This only worsened my headache as the voice sounded like someone shove one of those talking stuffed animals in a blender and turned on the toy before turning on the blender.



“What!?!” The winy voice from before screamed. My poor head. What the hell did I do to deserve this. At least my vision was returning, but my voice refused to leave my throat. “We can’t have him waking up before we reached the ship!”



Ship? Wait one fucking minute….Was I being kidnapped? I think I am! What the fuck!?! Who’s taking me away? I swear to God, if this is a joke--



“Yeah, yeah,” A scratchy voice said. “Jeez Twilight, even if he did wake up he wouldn’t be able to get out of those magic ropes, and even then we could take him!”



Oh no you fucking can’t---hold the phone, Twilight and Rainbow? Where have I heard that---Ahah! Twilight Sparkle and Rainbow Dash from Equestria! You know, with all the stuff going on the island, I never really put much thought on why those names sound so familiar.



Oh, looks like I can see again. Let me get a look at my kidnappers. I saw six ponies and a dragon, the ponies were…….



No…..it can’t be……



Oh my God….there from--but then I’m---that salesman sent me too----



The air grew cold and the seven turned towards me to see me staring right at them, a dumbfounded expression on my face and eyes wide.



“Oh, um hi!” Twilight stuttered, seeing my face. “My name is, um, Twilight Sparkle and you are under arrest for the murder of---”




“No---” I said, my voice calm but sounded dark. A sickly aura glowed around him and the Equestrians felt dread seep into them. My eyes flashed purple until it started to grow stronger.



DARK AURA



Rainbow Dash seemed to find the words to speak. “Hey bub, you better listen to--”



“--Noooo..” I said emotionlessly, getting up from the stretcher but falling due to being hogtied. Rainbow Dash backed up, a cold chill going up her spine.



Fluttershy built up the courage to speak. “Now listen here Mister,” She scolded, giving the wided bird her infamous Stare. “It’s rude to interrupt other poni--”




“--Noooooo…” I said, my voice rising in anger. He got up and the ropes snapped off him like weak rubber bands when they’re being stretched too far.



“Yes,” Fluttershy affirmed, upping up her Stare. “Now stop being so rude--”




“--NOOOOOO…” I groaned eyes glowing pure purple at this point. Fluttershy backed up, trembling in fear.




A single thought went through my head. “That motherfucker sent my to a children’s Tv show….A SHOW ON LITTLE PONIES!”



“NOOOOOOOOOO! I WILL FIND THAT FUCKER AND END HIM.”



I let out a primal roar and the Equestrians began to feel weak. Twilight was quick to act, firing a magic blast at me.



It collided into my chest, sending me flying back. “YOU,” I snarled, pure malice dripping from my voice. “YOU KIDNAPPED ME LIKE THIEVES. YOU THINK YOURSELF ABOVE ME?”



Twilight cowered as I began to flapped my wings hovering off the ground. Fear gripped her, making her unable to answer my question. She brought up a magic force field, but even then they felt themselves being drained.



“I SEE,” I roared. “THEN WALLOW IN THE REALITY THAT IS DEATH!”



A ball of dark energy was gathered at his chest. “DARK PULSE” I screeched. My attack devastated her shield, crushing it upon impact. I saw them crumple to the ground and I let out a shout of triumph, turning to fly away…..



Then they started to glow.



I was shocked at first, strange glowing symbols flew past me, coming from the north. The started to circle the six downed mares, slowly lifting them up. Their wounds healing instantly and a great wave of magic energy bombarded them.



“WHAT?” I bellowed in surprise. They were encased in a magic bubble, only the outlines of their appearance was seen.



Then the bubbles broke revealing them in modified forms that looked as if a five year old was given a box of crayons and was told, “Make our new toy line!”



There was something more though, my life absorption was being negated. I had increased its power to break through the magic blocking it but it failed. Seems like they upped their game...but it mattered little.



“Dark Pulse!” I roared, firing another ball of dark energy. This time, however, it was dissipated upon impact of the glowing energy that surrounded them. This made no sense unless….this was some DBZ super saiyan!



At this point, their hair had grown longer and they had some strange differences to their designs. They did! They did rip off DBZ! Before I could voice my complaints on the matter, small magic strands fired from them.



One shattered my right wing, making me scream in pain. The rest broke several bones in my body upon impact. They seemed unaware of the damage they were inflicting on me.



“Im---Impossible!” I stuttered in pain, my voice still echoing like the Lich King’s.



“That’s where you’re wrong, Yveltal!” Twilight shouted, I looked up to see six smug faces staring down at me. They stare at me like an insect...I will show them the difference between the Lion and the Sheep.



“It is through our friendship that it is possible,” Twilight continued. I could hear the shouts of encouragement coming from the drake below, now basking in the power of their magic.


Friendship…..


“With our friendship, we have conquered villains stronger than you,” She said, smirking at my immobilized form. I got up and launched another shadow ball at them, only to be destroyed by another one of the Mane Six’s magic blasts.

I had now four of them firing their single magic lines at me. Pain racked my body and I let out another cry of agony. How can this be happening? How was I losing to this fairy-tale bull shit!?!


“What a lovely but absolutely ridiculous sentiment,” I snarked, trying to keep my fear from being evident in my voice.


She gave another smug look, one I would enjoy wiping off her face, and gave a small laugh. “You know,” She gloated, another magic string crashed onto my body from one of her friends. “The last one to say that got blasted from Canterlot to the Badlands,”


“Chrysalis…..”


“Good,” She said mockingly, as if to pretend to be proud at my knowledge of their history. “Then you know what happens next?” The last magic string connected to my body.



The strings started to morph together, forming a rainbow. It slowly enclosed me, ripping through my body. I could hear the cheers from my advisaries as the rainbow began to do whatever they thought it would do.



“I Refuse---” The gasped as the magic rainbow shook.




“To be Entrapped---” The seven Equestrians’ jaws dropped as the rainbow started to crack.




“YOU,” I roared, bursting through the rainbow, leaving the Mane Six and their dragon completely dumbfounded. My body had changed in color, now switching into the regular color pallet of Yveltal, and was radiating with my dark aura. “CANNOT STOP DEATH!”



“Hit it again!” Twilight screamed, the others following her in for another rainbow bombardment. I scoffed and activated my life absorption. This time their magic could not stop it’s affects.




“OBLIVION WING!” A primal shout came from my mouth. The two beams collided, neither one giving ground.




I didn’t know what power source they were getting their magic, clearly it couldn’t be “Friendship”, but while they were getting untold power from it…..




I was getting mine from their life force, any wounds I had gained in battle were healing as I drained them.




“Oh the irony,” I cackled evilly. I have no idea what was going on with me, but I felt more violent. I wanted to hurt them, yet I didn’t want to….it was like I was being goaded to do so by an unknown voice. “That it is you and your ‘friendship’ that will supply me the means of my triumph!”




They were silent, trying to concentrate on beating me. But I wouldn’t have any of that. It wasn’t so long ago that they mocked me during their supposed victory.




“I delight in irony!” I snarked. Slowly they began to lose steam, their life giving me untold energy as my Oblivion Wing started to gain the upperhand. I glanced around that the area around us was also being affected by my life draining...maybe I should tone it down--




“Do not stop until they lie dead before your feet!”




What the hell was that? Ugh, it doesn’t matter! The voice is right, I cannot stop until I end these pests and their silly friendship and harmony!




I heard their groans of pain and that pitiful whelp trying to cheer them on. Pathetic, if not admirable. I smirked to myself, this would be over soon. They would learn not to fuck with me!




“Stop this while you can!”




Hmmm, what’s this I hear? It seems like the source of these fools’ power had revealed itself. Begging for me to cease in their end, hah! Fat chance.




“This is wrong,” It said, trying to coax me into stopping. “They have wronged you, yes, but that does not give them reason to die!”




“Wrong,” I shot back at the voice’s statement. “They must understand the true power of the Yveltali!” I declared.




“What do you hope to achieve, to prove!?!” I cried, trying reason with me.




“I will prove them the power and glory of death,” I answered, choosing to indulge the disembodied voice. “All will perish under the shadow of my wings!”




“What point is their in death if their is no life to preceded?” The voice asked. My Oblivion Wing had connected with the Mane Six, crashing them into the ground as it continued to suck them dry of any life.




“There is no need for life,” I scoffed. “Nor can you reason with me to think otherwise. The Yveltali delight in suffering, we cherish hatred, we devour fear--”




“YOU ARE HUMAN,” It shouted, cutting me off. “DO NOT MAKE THE MISTAKE OF THOSE OF THE YVELTALI BEFORE YOU. YOU ARE DIFFERENT FROM THEM!”




“Human?” I asked, slowly the hatred I had for the mares leaving me. My colors slowly changing back and my Oblivion wing, Dark Aura, and life absorption dissipating. I looked around at my surroundings, fear gripping my heart.




What had I done?




I stared at the six motionless bodies lying in the sand. My heart rate increased and I started to panic. I dashed towards them, feebly trying to fix the dire situation we were all in.



No, no, no, no, no!




“It’s not too late,” The voice said, trying to calm me down. “You must transfer your excess life force back into them, and the surrounding area….”




I shook my head and began to do just as I was informed, the purplish-red aura shooting out into the six ponies and the woodlands around us. “Who are you?” I asked.




“I have gone by many names,” It said cryptically. “But in this era, I am know as the Tree of Harmony. These six mares are my wards, so try not to harm them in the future.”




“Tell them to not go and abduct me than,” I snarked telepathically. I felt it roll it’s nonexistent eyes at me.




I saw the six stir, showing that they were alive. I let out a sigh of relief, knowing I didn’t kill them. I looked over to see a scared dragon staring at me.




“Why?” He asked in confusion as soon as he saw what I had done and had not attacked him. “Why help us?”




“I’m not a monster,” I snorted. “Though I do admit, I went a little overboard and lost control of my actions temporarily.” He gave me a surprised look, before waddling over and sitting next to the purple alicorn.




Both of us were silent as we waited for the six to stir. One wondering the purpose of his new life, the other trying to understand what the other was. It was one of those stupid days where a lot of stupid shit happens.




I guess I better get use to it…..

Author's Note:

Hello Everyone,

Just a small announcement that I will be unable to write for a couple of days since I have college work to do. So I will try to update when I can, but I doubt I will have time this week or next week to finish a chapter. Thanks to all of you supporting this and I can't wait to write another chapter soon!

Edit: I also wish to point out that while the Mane six probably shouldn't kidnap foreign leaders, they were given shitty information. Philip was portrayed to them as a usurper and a monster. Cannon wise, killing your enemies never seems like a good option, so even if Coal Patch was bad one could understand the idea that the Mane Six would see Philip as another evil.

North out!