• Published 23rd Sep 2015
  • 2,301 Views, 23 Comments

Soaring Rainbows - Just A Random Pegasus



After Rainbow Dash told her friends about her secret, they think it's a good idea to have her become closer with the stallion of her dreams.

  • ...
5
 23
 2,301

Premium Encounters

Rainbow Dash trotted into the Wonderbolts rest area. Her heart sped up as rediculous questions ran into her mind again. She tried her best to shake them off and go on her way, but it was much harder than she thought. She soon opened a door to find all the Wonderbolts sitting and talking. They seemed to be having a pretty good conversation about the next stunts they want to try.

Rainbow awkwardly walked over to a bench and took a seat; wanting to be noticed, but not wanting to at the same time. She looked over to see Soarin talking to Spitfire; seeming to be really into his words. Rainbow swung her legs as a mare walked up to her.

"You're Rainbow Dash, right?" The mare asked in her happy, raspy voice. Rainbow nodded.

"The one and only!" She then stopped talking and got a better look at the mare. "You're Fleetfoot! No denying that!"

Fleetfoot smiled. "Yep! It's nice to see you, Rainbow."

Spitfire then walked over when she caught sight of Rainbow. "Ah, Rainbow Dash! It's great seeing you here!"

Rainbow beamed in return. "Thanks!"

Soarin then walked over; making eye contact with Rainbow Dash.

"Hey, Rainbow!" Soarin greeted as Rainbow waved back.

"Hey!"

Spitfire smiled and then looked over to the door; where a stallion had entered.

"Alright... another premium holder!" She then turned around to Fleetfoot. "Fleet, do you wanna greet the stallion with me?"

Fleetfoot gave a smile to her captain. "Sure!" She responded as the two trotted off; their wings opened.

Well, now Rainbow was left alone. With Soarin. A few days ago; she wanted this to happen. She wanted to be able to talk win him without any distractions. Now, she took it back. She didn't know how to start a conversation with the stallion. All conversation starters completely left her mind.

"What's got you so silent?" Soarin questioned; his deep voice breaking Rainbow from her thoughts.

"I'm not. I'm just tired." Rainbow responded, acting like she was drowsy.

Soarin chuckled. "Were you too excited to sleep? It's not everyday somepony gets to go see and interact with the Wonderbolts!"

Rainbow raised an eyebrow. "Soarin, you must've forgotten how many times I am able to interact with you guys. I really enjoy the time, though. Talking with some of the best fliers in Equestria is always great!"

Soarin smiled back. "Yeah! I was like you before I joined." He then thought for a moment. "Well, I never did a Sonic Rainboom or save somepony's life, but I was still pretty awesome!"

Rainbow stayed silent for a moment. "Well, I am the awesomest Pegasus out there!" She responded; feeling her heart do thousands of somersaults in her stomach.

Soarin chuckled. "I bet I could challenge that!" He then looked over to the food table. "I don't know about you, but I'm gonna get some food."

He then trotted away; leaving Rainbow Dash with a stupid grin on her face. She had a good conversation with Soarin! Not only that; but he also said she is a better flier than him! Recalling these memories made her stomach flutter even more than before. She then quickly snapped back into realization and walked over to the snack table.

"This looks great!" Rainbow remarked as she took a huge piece of cake from the table.

"You said it!" Soarin responded, eating a pie that was set out.

Rainbow giggled as she looked out a window. The sun was brightly shining through the windows. Somehow, Princess Celestia must have known she was having a great day.

"Are you already wanting to go outside?" Soarin asked as he walked over to Rainbow Dash.

Rainbow shook her head. "No. Well, it is really nice out there."

"Yeah." Soarin responded. He then looked out the window as well.

"Hey, Soarin! Hey, Rainbow!" A voice came from behind. The two turned to find Spitfire standing behind them.

"Hey, Spit!" Soarin greeted.

"Hey!" Rainbow added on as Spitfire smiled.

"Soarin, we haven't done our post exercise routine yet. Why don't we stretch a little?" Spitfire said as Soarin nodded.

"Yeah! I forgot about that. The last thing I want is to have my muscles tense tomorrow morning."

After waving to Rainbow, Soarin and Spitfire trotted off. Rainbow watched them walk away; tempted to follow them. She didn't want to disturb their time together, though. They seemed like great friends, and Rainbow didn't want to intrude.

"Hello once again, Rainbow!" A familiar voice said. Rainbow turned and found Fleetfoot.

"Oh! Hi, Fleetfoot!"

Fleetfoot smiled and looked around Rainbow. "Do you have anypony to talk to? I thought Soarin was talking to you."

Rainbow looked to the ground. "He was. He's off doing exercises with Spitfire now."

Fleetfoot looked at her in surprise. "Really? I wouldn't expect the two to just walk off like that..." she then looked to the ground. "That makes me suspicious about what he told me..." She mumbled very softly.

"What?" Rainbow asked as Fleetfoot looked away.

"Uh... nothing." She then looked back at Rainbow. "Want to get some cake or something?"

Rainbow shook her head. "I already got some." She then looked at a clock on the wall. "How much time do I have left with you guys?"

Fleetfoot thought for a moment. "I think you have another hour." She then got a game face on. "And that hour shouldn't go to waste! Do you wanna fly?"

Rainbow's eyes widened. "Really?" She started to smile. "But wait... wouldn't you rather fly with a Wonderbolt than with me?"

Fleetfoot shook her head. "You are just like my teammates, Rainbow. And besides, your paid hour of premium shouldn't go to waste."

Rainbow proudly smiled. "Thanks!"

"No problem! Now, let's hit the sky!" Fleetfoot responded as she led Rainbow to a door and into the open skies.