• Published 20th Sep 2015
  • 8,818 Views, 464 Comments

The New Guy - SilverWind102



After her acension to alicorn, Twilight recieves a new body guard, but it's not quite what she was expecting

  • ...
42
 464
 8,818

PreviousChapters Next
When Wolves Die and Ponies Cry

The four ponies woke and stirred from their slumber, a small headache coming to the forefront of their heads. In the middle of the group stood Luna, who cast a worrisome look over them.

“Are you alright?” she asked, “Did you find what you need? You only been gone a few minutes.”

“It's fine, I got it,” Star Shine replied, “Silver got affected by a Compulsion spell. It tried to force the idea of leaving the book behind into his head. When things like that happen, it can sometimes cause physical harm if the ideals differ too greatly, though the harm is usually a high fever. I imagine the stress of his argument with Twilight was probably what caused most of the damage. Anyway, he should be fine for now. I imagine he'll actually wake up soon.”

Twilight swallowed hard. “I did this to him? I almost killed him because I was mad he lied to me? Oh no, please for the love of Celestia, please let him wake up!”

Luna let out a sigh of relief, “That's wonderful news, but I still wish to have the doctors watch over him until he's awake. I'll go get them and the others as well.”

Luna turned and headed for the door, only to pause before opening it and turned her head back around to face to mares, “Oh, and thank you all for all you've done.” She bowed her head in thanks, then turned and left the room.

As the mares tried to shake away the dull pain in their skulls, they too began to move to the door to exit.

“Could you all wait for a moment, please?” Star Shine called after them, causing them all to stop before leaving and turn to her, “I need to speak with you all about something. If you could please follow me to a more private location, I can promise this won't take too long.”

The girls all looked to each other, each one taking note of the others exhaustion and confusion, but nodded in compliance. They stepped aside as Star Shine walked past and left the room, then followed behind her. Once again, the wolf seemed to know every inch of the castle, easily able to navigate it until they came into a room with two couches facing each other and a large window.

Star Shine moved to one couch and motioned for the ponies to sit on the other. They all took their seats and waited for Star Shine to start.

“So,” She began, “I'm sure you're wondering why I brought you here. It's just that I'm worried about all of you, so I need to ask you all to tell me something. What did each of you see in Silvers memories?”

Her eyes seemed to soften when she brought up the subject, and the mares eyes all widened, each one with a different emotion.

Twilight was filled with guilt and remorse.

Rainbow with fear and panic.

And Applejack with an strange uneasiness.

Star Shine quickly picked up on the flare of emotions, and her look soften even more, though with more sadness and pity than anything.

“Oh, I see. That bad, huh?” she said, “But I'm afraid I still must insist that you tell me. Depending on what it is, I may be able to help shed some light on what you saw, and if not, then it's something you'll have to ask Silver yourself if you want.”

No pony spoke. How could they, after all? They themselves couldn't make heads or tails of what was going on, so it was hard for them to properly piece together everything.

Luckily, Twilight had broken the silence, “He was on a cliff, looking out to the stars. It was cold, but it didn't seem to bother Silver. Then, I felt my heart –his heart– shatter,” Twilights voice cracked with the words, though she managed to keep her tears back, “I don't know what happened, but all I know is Silver deeply missed some wolf named Lily.”

Star Shines ears perked up and her eyes widened just as the mares had, “Lily? You're sure that was the name?”

Twilight nodded and wiped a tear from her eye, “Like I said, I'm not sure what happened, but I can still feel what he felt. It...hurt...so...much...” The alicorn shut her eyes and bit her lip, trying desperately to fight back the tears.

“Hey, hey, it's okay,” Star Shine said soothingly, “Though I'm afraid that this matter is too personal to Silver for me to explain, so when you get the chance, you should ask him,” she looked to the other two. Dash was up next.

She was the most hesitant and reluctant to speak, “Please, just tell me,” the wolf begged.

The pegasus let out a shuddering breath, “He...I...died...”

The room when dead silent, (pun intended) and the ringing white noise filled every ponies ears.

“He..he what?” Twilight asked.

Rainbow only buried her face into her hooves and shook her head, “I-I CAN'T!” she jumped off the couch and bolted out of the room

“Rainbow wait!” Applejack called after her.

“It's okay, let her go,” Star Shine spoke up, “There's nothing we could have said to make her feel better anyway. I'm afraid this is another matter for Silver.”

Star Shine looked at Applejack, her eyes pleading for her to tell the story.

The country mare sighed, “It was a battle. It lasted 'bout three days. Then this admiral showed up and she fought with Silver, and lost. But he picked up after anyway, and that's where the memory ended.”

Star Shines mood seemed to lighten, though only a little, “What you saw what the Battle of Shepherds Field. It was the battle that got Silver ranked up to Army Slayer and that admiral is now a close friend of Silvers. That's honestly about all I know, so is you want more, I suggest you talk to Silver. I'm sorry I can't be of more help to any of you, but Silver prefers to keep his secrets to himself.”

“It's okay Star Shine,” Twilight reassured, “I'll admit, I don't like what I saw, but at least now I can understand a little more about Silver. I'll be sure to talk to him when he wakes up.”

“Yea', me too,” Applejack agreed.

Star Shine smiled as the two got up and began to leave, but then called for Twilight once more, “Princess Twilight, wait. There's one more thing I need to talk to you about.”

Twilight stopped and walked back over to the wolf, “What is it?”

“It's about what Daring Doo said in the cave. Look I know that you and Silver are probably arguing about his past, but trust me when I say Silver is not the same as he was before. The wolf that Applejack saw was already beginning to change, and that was a hundred years ago. So please, when he wakes up, just listen to what he has to say.”

Twilight nodded, “I will, don't worry. Celestia told me the same.” With that, she turned and left the room.


Have you ever had a hangover, or at least know some one who has? If you have, then you know that it's a skull splitting headache and the urge to puke what ever food you may have managed to swallow an hour after you ate it.

Well Silver felt like he just got back from a three day binge, and yes, he knows what that feels like.

Silver felt the pain crash into his mind, like he'd gotten smacked over the head with a mountain. He groaned and buried his face under the pillow.

“Ohhhhhh....” Silver could here the sound of paws clicking against the floor, and the familiar scent of Star Shine, “Star, please, could you not stomp?”

“I'm not stomping,” she said quietly.

“Well there's no need to shout either,” the wolf responded as he pressed the pillow harder against his ears.

Star Shine rolled her eyes and went into her bag, producing yet another vial of liquid, “Here,” she said offering it to the wolf.

Silver refused to pull his head out from the pillow, so instead stuck out a paw blindly to receive the medicine. Star Shine once again rolled her eyes and put the vial into his paw. He took it and swallowed it all in seconds. A few moments passed before Silver dragged the pillow off his head, a dazed and worn out look filling his eyes.

He took a few sniffs, “I smell Tia. Don't tell me I went and rutted her or something.”

Star Shine giggled, “No, but you were sick. You've been out for about eight hours. Something got into your head and messed you up, but it looks like it's gone now. But...there's something you should know.”

Silver raised his head and gave the female wolf a curious but worried look, “What did I do?”

Star Shine shook her head, “It's not what you did, but what I did.” Silver continued to stare, his expression never changing.

Finally Star Shine spilled, “I might have kinda took three of the mares you've been hanging out with into your memories.”

Silvers eyes shot open, “You...you what?”

Star Shine only flinched in fear of the verbal lashing she knew was about to come.

“You took them into my memories!? Using what spell?!”

“The Re-live Spell...” she mumbled out.

Silvers jaw dropped, “You mean they...oh sweet Empress, what did they see?”

“Princess Twilight saw you after Lily died, Applejack saw the Battle of Shepherds Field, and Rainbow Dash, well...I'm afraid she saw the worst of it. She saw when you got back after fighting Fafnir.”

“Oh no. Please, nonononono.”

Silver swallowed hard, “How...how is she?”

“She's traumatized. I don't think she saw the actual fight, but she definitely saw what came after. When I asked her to tell me, she bolted out of the room. But that was four hours ago. I don't think any pony has seen her since.”

Silver bit the inside of his lip.

“This is my fault! All because I was too stupid to think twice before waltzing into a room with a grimoire sitting in the center! Of course it was trapped, why the hell wouldn't it be!? And now...now Rainbow has to...”

Silver pushed to covers off of him and jumped out of the bed.

“Whoa, where are you going?” Star Shine objected as she stepped in front of him.

“To go see Rainbow, now move!” Silver pushed her out of the way, but Star Shine continued to protest.

“Silver, you can't! You haven't recovered yet! That potion only got rid of the headache, your body is still weak!”

The wolf paused and turned back, walking up to meet her face to face, “And what the hell do you think she is feeling right now!? There is no potion that can help her, and she has already spent an entire day trying to deal with you put her through! I don't care if I pass out or die, but I will not let her go through that on her own!”

Silver turned and stormed out of the door, leaving an opened jaw Star Shine in the room.

“He's...he's right. I did put them through that. Oh, sweet Celestia, what have I done?”


Silver flew through the sky as fast as his wings would allow him. Star Shine was right, his body was still damaged from the spell, but he had not intention of letting that stop him.

His course was charted for Rainbows cloud house. It's location occasionally changed depending on the wind patterns, but since Silver could read the wind, he could accurately pinpoint its current spot.

Silver approached the large home, and took notice of a change in it's color scheme. The usual white fluff had become dark and heavy rain clouds, and the rainbows pouring from it had ceased all together. Silver was sure the house was reacting to Rainbows emotional state.

The wolf landed wearily on the front step, his breathe escaping him in short exhales and inhales. When he finally managed to regain control of his lungs, he raised a paw and knocked on the door.

He waited a minute, but no one answered. He knocked again and waited once more, but still no answer. He wondered around to the side of the house to try and peek through a window to even see if she was home, but the curtains were closed, blocking his view.

He flew up to the next floor and tried the window up there, only to find that one had been closed too. Silver landed back on the cloud.

“Well, no choice then. Sorry Dash.”

Silver evaporated and reappeared inside the confines of the cloud house. The lights were off, and the room was considerably dark, even for the inside of a storm cloud. It was still late afternoon, so Silver figured some light must have been able to tunnel through, but it would seem he was wrong.

It only showed how bad a state Rainbow was in.

He wondered through the home until he came close to the living room where he heard a small sniffle come from. He peeked around the corner and saw a ball of cyan blue fur and two tufts of rainbow hair laying on the couch.

Silvers heart broke at the sight.

Rainbow Dash, the most proud mare he'd seen since he'd come to Equestria, was now crying and probably has been for the last four hours.

Silver stepped out from around the corner, “Rainbow?” he called softly.

His voice appeared to have little effect on the mare, as all she did was twitch he ear. Silver came closer to the couch until he was within paw reach.

“Rainbow, it's me,” he extended his paw and touched her shoulder, rolling her over to face him. His eyes met with hers, and he hated what he saw.

She looked dead. Her eyes were glazed over, seemingly dull and lifeless as they stared right through Silvers own, as if he didn't exist. She had misery written all her her face, and didn't show any response to anything.

Silver sat the mare up and placed his paws on her cheeks, “Hey there,” he said softly with a gentle smile, “Why don't you tell me what's wrong?”

Silver was met with a long silence, and he looked down in self-disappointment, “Look Dash, about what you saw--”

Silver was cut off by a hoof moving it's way up his chest. He looked and felt the hoof trace over scars that laid beneath his thick fur. As each one was touched, he counted in his head.

“One, two, three, four,....ten, twelve...twenty-one, twenty-two.”

Twenty-two scars from that one battle. It was with a full grown dragon, so it made since that he would get pretty banged up, but what didn't make sense was how he was still alive.

“How?” a raspy voice came from the cyan pegasus, “How can you still be alive? I felt everything you did, all that pain. I felt as the life and blood poured out of you, and you...y-you d—die--”

She was cut off by a paw pressed against her muzzle. Silver waited and flashed his smile once more, “My friend, the one that you saw holding me, she found a way to keep me alive.”

“How!?” the mare hollered suddenly. The life in her eyes came back, though they were filled with a cold fear, “How could you possible survive that?! I felt you die, Silver! I could feel everything! I felt what it was like to not exist anymore! To be nothing! I couldn't-I couldn't-I...”

Rainbow broke down into sobs as fresh tears barreled down her cheeks. Silver wrapped the mare into tight hug as she screamed her cries into his fur. Her wails echoed through the house, and through Silvers heart. A small stream of tears found their way down his face as well.

“I know...I know...” was all he could say as he huffed to try and keep calm. The two sat for hours, crying with one another, one trying to calm the other while they came to terms with death.

It was one thing to accept death as part of a natural cycle. You know it's then end, so there's no point in trying to deny that it won't come.

But that's the thing about death. When you die, you're not supposed to come back. Silver always believed there was a reason for that, and after his fight with Fafnir, he belief was beginning to make sense. But they did.

They broke the cycle, and were paying the price for it.

When you die, there is nothing. No heaven, no hell. No land where you can make peace. There is no white or black, no color or sound or smell. Like the bottom of the lake Silver and the others had to endure, only worse.

To Silver, that cave might as well have been a paradise compared to his memories of his death, though there technically were none, since he couldn't consciously think.

But that's is what left the imprint. While he couldn't remember the time he experienced during his death, he could feel that he couldn't think. He had nothing.

It was oblivion in its truest sense.

Nothingness.

At least in the cave, he was aware that he couldn't observe, but dying was something else entirely.

The sobbing ceased, and became quite chokes and gasps for air, accompanied by sniffles.

Silver pulled the mare away, much to her protest, and looked her in the eyes once more. She was exhausted from all the crying and mental suffering.

“Rainbow, you should try to sleep some,” Silver suggested.

Rainbows eyes opened wide, “No! Please no!” she quickly buried her face back into Silver as she shook her head furiously.

“Please...if I go to sleep...I won't wake back up...”

“Yes, you will Rainbow, I promise.”

The mare shook her head once more, “No I won't! How do you know I will!?”

“How do you know you won't?”

“Because I'm already dead!” she shouted. A silence hang in the air, “I've died once already, and there's no way I can come back. If I go to sleep, I'll never wake up again and I'll just go back to that place!”

The mare tightened her grip and she shuddered with fear.

“Rainbow, look at me,” Silver said after a while. It took her moment, but she finally looked up, “You wanna know how I know?”

Her eyes pleaded for an answer.

Silver took a paw and placed it on her head, turning it to the side and pressing it against his chest, “You hear that?”

Rainbow listened closely. Over the screaming fear in her mind, she began to hear something wonderful. Something she'd never thought much of before, but in this moment, it's sound meant the world to her.

A heart beat.

It was gentle and yet strong, beating hard and resounding through her.

“That's how I know you will wake back up. This is the sound of life itself, and it will stay with you until you wake, and I swear to you that you will come back.”

Rainbow had begun to feel much of what Twilight had felt, though she herself didn't know it. Silvers heart played it's melody as sleep took hold of the pegasus.

“There now,” Silver said as he crawled onto the couch next to her. He laid with his back propped up against the arm, and Rainbow laying down on his chest.

It took mere moments for the mare to fall asleep, knowing that so long as the drums of life beat their rhythm, she would wake once more.


A growl.

Well, more like a gurgle.

That was the sound that woke Rainbow from he fearful slumber. The next thing was a change in lighting. Although it wasn't blinding, it was enough to fully wake her.

Rainbow pressed her eyes tighter before opening them. She was met with a blur of messy blue fur, to which she followed up to meet Silvers sleeping face.

It took a moment, but she eventually remembered the events of the night before and the words of her brokenhearted ramblings.

She wanted to blush, she really did, but found that her body was too tired even for that. Even her mind didn't bother to register the embarrassment that would have gone through any pony else.

Instead, she simply laid and stared, her arms still wrapped tightly around the snoozing wolf.

“He...he stayed. He was right. I did wake up.”

Tears of joy found their way down her face as she buried herself into Silver once more, nuzzling into the spot just above his heart. She could feel his heart pumping in his chest, and she never thought something so simple could bring her so much joy.

“Hey, what's wrong?” Silver asked softly as he lifted a paw and ran it through her mane.

Rainbow snapped her head up and looked to Silver, unable to hold back her tears.

“You..you were right,” she whimpered out. A smile broke out across her face, “You were right.”

She nuzzled herself back into the fur and allowed her joyous tears to continue to flow. Silver let out a small sigh of relief and continued to stroke her mane. She wasn't quite fixed, but she was better than she was before. Healing something like this would take time, but Silver had felt a responsibility to the mare. After all, it was his memories that did this to her in the first place.

The two laid there for another 2 hours. After the first forty-five minutes, Rainbow had stopped crying and reached over Silver to grab the remote on the night stand behind him. She clicked on the T.V. And continued to lay on Silver while they watched in silence.

It wasn't a bad silence; just silence. There was nothing that needed to be said between the two at the moment, strange as it may sound. After all, one would think recovering from a traumatic experience would require more conversation and sharing.

But not for these two, or at least for Rainbow. She knew that so long as he was there, she would be fine. She could ask him anything at any time and he would give her a response. It was comforting, and that's exactly what she needed right now.

Unfortunately, life is too cruel to allow her one day of rest, as the phone in the kitchen rang.

Rainbow didn't even need to pick it up as she already knew it was her boss. She looked over at the clock and found it was already past noon, meaning she was well beyond late and her employers were looking for answers.

She was half tempted to just continue to let it ring, until Silver gave her a look saying that she should answer as he knew who it was as well. Their time spent together in the previous days allowed him to understand her work schedule, and he now had a fair understanding of how she worked.

Rainbow groaned as she let her grip loosen for the first time since the night before and rose from the couch. She stretched and shuffled to the kitchen to pick up the phone. Silver heard the click and an incoherent conversation coming from the room.

A few minutes later, Rainbow shuffled back to the couch and plopped down onto Silver once more, “I have to go in. They said some ponies got injured and I have to fill in for them.”

“Are you sure you're okay to?” Silver asked as he petted the mares mane once more.

Rainbow smiled at the stroking, “Yeah, I'm good. I'm still a little tired, but all they want me to do is operate the cloud making machine, so I'll just be pressing buttons and turning knobs all day.”

“Oh, okay then. I have things I need to get to as well, so I suppose I should get going soon. When do you need to leave?”

Rainbow looked up from her spot and glanced to the clock, “I need to get there in about forty-five minutes, and I still need to shower,” the mare sighed as she placed her head down for one last nuzzle, “You're not gonna tell any pony about this, right?”

Silver let out a chuckle, “No, not unless you feel like sharing first.”

Rainbow nodded her head, “Good, cause even if you did, no pony would believe you. Every one knows I'm way too awesome to cry and too cool for things like cuddles.”

The mare continued to snuggle herself into the fur, to which Silver simply rolled his eyes.

“Too cool, huh?” he said with a smirk.

Rainbow gave him a playful punch, “Shut up,” she pulled herself off the wolf once more, “I guess I should shower now.” She began to leave the living room and headed for the stairs as Silver rose from his place as well. As he went for the door, he was stopped by Rainbows voice calling him.

“Silver,” she said as she peeked her head down the stairs, “Um..thanks, ya' know, for last night. I feel a lot better.” She quickly pulled her head back up the stair case and a few moments later, Silver could hear the shower shut on.

“You're welcome,” he said back, though he knew she couldn't hear him, then evaporated out of the home.


Silver reappeared on a distant cloud, far enough away from the Rainbows home, but close to his next destination.

He looked out over the fields below, the whole thing filled with apple trees. It never occurred to him before, but the size of Sweet Apple Acres was incredible.

From below, Silver could hear a grunt and thud, followed many more softer thuds in rapid succession. He looked down below and found the country mare he'd been looking for.

Applejack was next on his list of visits for the day. While he wasn't sure if his memory had done any damage to her, he still wanted to check as he found it to be the second most dangerous of the ones viewed by the ponies.

That battle may not have done much damage to him, but the wolf he was at the time was certainly different than how he was now, and he was worried that may have left an impact on her.

“Well, here goes everything.”

Silver flapped his wings and glided down to the apple-bucking mare below.

He landed softly and slowly walked toward her as she kicked another tree.

“Applejack?” he called, getting her attention.

“Huh?” she looked up from her bucking position and took notice of the wolf, “Oh, howdy Silver.” She grunted as she kicked the tree once more, causing more apples to fall to the ground, “What can Ah' do for ya?”

“Nothing, I was wondering,” Silver began as he rubbed a nervous paw behind his head, “How are you feeling? You know, after seeing my memory?”

Applejack ceased her bucking and began to pick up the fallen apples, placing them into baskets nearby, “Well, Ah'd be lying if Ah' said Ah' wasn't bothered by it.”

Silver visibly winced. He expected her to be upset. After all, she just lived through Silver killing 600 soldiers over the course of three days.

“But the thing is, when Ah' was you, it didn't feel wrong. Ah'm not sure if that was 'cause Ah' was feeling what you felt, or if it was something else, but all Ah' no is that what you did wasn't wrong.”

Silver stood with his jaw hanging open. He knew Applejack was an understanding pony, but he certainly wasn't expecting this. He thought she would be outright furious.

Applejack took notice of the wolfs shocked state and continued her explanation, “Look, the way Ah' felt was something like 'These are warriors. If Ah' felt shame for killing them, then it would mean Ah' didn't respect 'em', and that was something Ah' could understand...strangely.”

Silver still stood shocked at her words, “So if you was expecting me to hate ya or somethin', then Ah'm afraid you came to the wrong mare. But if ya keep standing 'round with ya mouth open instead of helping me, then Ah' will get angry. 'Bout the only thing Ah'm kinda mad about is that you lied to me back at the hospital when Ah' got hurt, though Ah' can understand why you would, so Ah'll forgive you.”

Silver shook himself out of his confused stupor, and moved under the tree to pick up the apples, “Right, sorry. But is that really it? You're not mad, or confused or anything?”

Applejack shook her head, “Nope. Ah' spent three days in that head of yours, and while Ah' was wondering why you would enjoy killing all those wolves, it hit me. You didn't enjoy the killing, but the battle. The killings was just the result of war.”

Silver stopped his work for a moment and once again fell into a trance of amazement. She perfectly worded exactly what he felt.

The killing wasn't what excited him, it was the battle. The drive of having to push himself to keep up with his opponent.

If anything, the killing was what he least liked. He had no personal grudge against those wolves, and he actually respected them. Even after knowing his reputation, they all still came and fought to the end, and that was something Silver held in high regard. The least he could do was honor their courage, and give them a proud death by fighting them to the end.

“But there is one thing Ah' was curious about,” Applejack said, pulling him out of his thoughts, “That admiral on the last day of the fight. Who was she? You said you fell for her, but that other wolf said she was a close friend of yours. So what happened?”

Silver stepped around the tree to pick up more apples as he began to explain, “Ohh, about her. Her name was Riptide. We're friends now, strange as it may sound, but we never got together or anything. She's actually married now, and even has pups. As for my feelings for her, well they were genuine. I really did fall for her, though her method of kinda pissed me off. ”

“But why fall for her in the first place? Ah'll admit, she was pretty, but she was your enemy, wasn't she? Even while Ah' was you, Ah' couldn't figure out what you meant.”

“That's the funny thing about me A.J.. I'm attracted to those who are better than me. I fell for her because she bested me in battle.”

“Whaddya mean? You beat her, didn't ya?”

“Nope. During our first blows, I was hit by her torrents of water. I lost then.”

“No you didn't. You got hurt pretty bad, but you got back up.”

“Applejack, you don't understand. Riptide could have killed me if she wanted. She could create torrents of water blades. If she'd hit me with that in the first blow, I would have been ripped to shreds. Even if I did survive, the second blow that came from below would have killed me.”

Applejacks eyes widened. She didn't even think of it.

“She went easy on me, and even then I had to pull out all the stops to even knock her unconscious. To this day, I don't know why she spared me, but it showed just how much stronger she was. She not only had raw power, but the skills and experience that refined it into a deadly art of war. So yeah, she was stronger than me, and probably still is. That's kinda what pissed me off. We were at war, and I wanted to find some one to match my strength, or maybe even best me. She was the latter, and yet still showed pity. It took a blow to my pride, I guess.”

It was Applejacks turn to shake herself out of her amazement. She hadn't even thought of it, and now she realized just how close Silver had come to dying.

The thought ignited another worry she had.

“Oh, well Ah' can understand that. But on another hoof, how's Rainbow doing?”

Silvers ears twitched, “How did you know I went to see her?”

“Ah' didn't. Ah' just figured you'd want to check up her; didn't think you already had.”

Silvers ears laid flat against his head as he felt a little stupid for exposing that, “She's doing a lot better. She by no means 100% perfect, but she's said she's feeling better.”

Applejack let out a sigh of relief, “Thank goodness. Ah' was afraid that whatever she saw broken her beyond repair.”

“Well, beyond repair, no. But she'll definitely remember it for the rest of her life.” Silver hung his head, and Applejack walked over and placed a reassuring hoof on his shoulder.

“Hey now, don't you worry. If Ah' know Rainbow, Ah'm sure she'll be right as rain soon enough.”

Silver gave a thankful smile to the country mare, “Thanks.”

Applejack retracted her hoof, “Now, if Ah'm right, you have one more mare to go talk to, now dontcha?”

Silver gulped. He wasn't sure how she knew, but she was certainly right. And she was also speaking of the mare he wanted to avoid the most.

Applejack gave a stern look at Silver, as if reading his mind, to which Silver sighed reluctantly.

“Yeah, you're right. I guess I should go see Twilight now.”

Author's Note:

Well, I think I've made half of the mane six cry now, and Luna too. Now who's next?

By the way, I might wind up posting a pic of Star Shine soon, not sure when though. Hope you look forward to it.

PreviousChapters Next