• Published 20th Sep 2015
  • 21,723 Views, 1,783 Comments

Precious Blood - DisneyFanatic23



In the dark forests of Tramplevania dwells a coven of vampires, their leader being a deadly draconequus named Discord. For many years, his only interests have been in his own survival, until he stumbles upon a beautiful mare with a pure heart.

  • ...
40
 1,783
 21,723

Rescue

A thunderous ring filled the castle. Spike snapped awake from his nap and rushed into the hall, almost colliding with Rarity, Rainbow and Pinkie who were coming out of Rainbow's room. Twilight came running from the spiral stairwell, levitating Discord behind her, as he refused to get up.

"What's going on?" Spike asked.

"We don't know," Rainbow said. "Something must be up."

They arrived in the dining room where they found Applejack hastily pulling on the emergency bell rope.

"Applejack, what's all the hullaballoo?" Rarity inquired.

Applejack stopped her ringing and faced the others in panic. "You were right, Rarity. He's back. Trenderheart's back!"

"Who?" Pinkie said, cocking her head.

"I mean Tenderhay! Travelhoof! Ugh! Him, Rarity!"

Rarity gasped. "You've seen him!"

"Oh, I've more than just seen him! He and the Sirens tried to recruit me into their sick little group!"

"So he is working with the Sirens!" Twilight said.

"Oh, it gets worse. He's goin' by a new name now. Count Trenderhoof."

Still hovering in the air, Discord constricted towards her. "What?!"

"Trenderhoof…" Rarity said with a gasp. "Not the count staying at Fluttershy's?!"

Applejack nodded. "That's how I ran into him. I was tryin' to get Fluttershy to…"

"Twilight, put me down!" Discord commanded.

She obeyed him and he flopped to the floor. Springing up, he desperately grabbed Applejack by the shoulders.

"That vile snake is a guest in the home of my beloved angel?!"

"Yes!" Applejack shouted. "And I think he intends to make Fluttershy his next victim!"

Discord pushed her away and growled. "Not on my watch!"

"Ooh!" Rarity huffed. "Just when I think that ruffian couldn't sink any lower!"

"Is every count in this country a vampire?" Pinkie wondered aloud. "I mean why can't they be marquises or barons or lords…?"

Twilight put her hoof to her head. "Oh, I feel so stupid! All this time, the answer was right under our noses! Flash and I had encountered the Sirens the night we questioned Count Trenderhoof! He must've sensed we were getting too close to the truth and so he sent the Sirens to silence us both!"

"Or viscounts or dukes or princes…"

"I feel idiotic as well!" Rarity said. "I'd forgotten that mare who had tried to stop us at the dinner party was staying at Fluttershy's with her brother!"

"Or thatchers or bakers or candlestick makers…"

"Wait." Twilight groaned in frustration. "That's why she looked familiar! That mare I've been seeing, she's Lady Sunset Shimmer of Bullarest! I saw her briefly at Count Trenderhoof's! She's his sister! If only I'd seen her in her pony form then…" Her eyes widened suddenly. "But wait, if Trenderhoof's the master and the master is her mate then…"

She covered her mouth as her cheeks puffed. "Oh sweet darkness! That is so disgusting!"

"Hold on!" Spike said. "Are you saying that Count Trenderhoof is together with his," he gagged, "sister?!"

"Yuck!" Rainbow sputtered.

"I don't think it's his sister," Applejack said. "If Trenderhoof was tryin' to court Fluttershy, he wouldn't want her to know about his…mistresses."

"But Twilight," Rarity said, "you said that she said that she had a mate. You mean to tell me some pony was insane enough to actually mate with that brute?!"

"I shouldn't be too surprised," Twilight coughed as she slowly recovered. "She was pretty despicable."

"I don't care who that slime ball is rolling in the hay with!" Discord snorted. "As long as it's not with my Fluttershy!"

"We gotta save her before that Tailhoof or whatever gets her!" Rainbow said, pounding her hooves together.

"Well then what are we waiting for? Let's get going!"

He was about to take off when Applejack stepped on his tail.

"Master, aren't ya forgettin'? The sun?"

"Oh," he said, his shoulders slumping. "Right. But you can't expect me to just sit around and do nothing, do you?!"

"You're gonna have to! For now."

"She's right," Twilight said. "Trenderhoof and his flunkies know we're onto them now. They'll be on high alert. They've seen each of us now."

"Except for Spike and the Master," Pinkie pointed out.

"Yes, but the Master cannot go near the house until after dark. We're going to have to wait until the minute the sun has set."

"What if Trenderhoof strikes before then?" Rarity questioned.

"If I am correct, this is no ordinary game for Trenderhoof. I've heard rumors that he's financially in debt."

"So," Discord snarled angrily, "he's only after her money?!"

Twilight nodded. "Which means in order to legally obtain that money, he will have to marry her. That buys us some time, but not a lot."

"Then I will go at the crack of dusk!" Discord declared, puffing out his chest. "I don't care if Fluttershy wants to be with me or not! I'm not letting her fall prey to some phony count!"

"But you're a phony count, Master!" Pinkie exclaimed.

Rainbow covered her mouth. "Way to go, Master!"

As the others cheered, Discord tried to hide his worry, not just about what might happen to his Fluttershy, but at seeing her again after their falling out.


Fluttershy hadn't left her chair since her conversation with Applejack, Angel still in her lap. She was thinking hard on the farm mare's words. She winced at the image of Discord walking into the sunlight and bursting into flames and she sobbed knowing that she had made him do that.

Did this mean she should go to him and beg him for forgiveness? Once again, she could not draw the line between want and need. Did she want to be with him? Or was it because he needed her?

The door snapped her out of her thoughts and her aunt entered the room.

"How are you feeling, dear?" she asked.

"A little better." Fluttershy sighed. "Maybe worse."

"I see. Well then, I have some news that might lift your spirits."

Something was off about Starlight's voice. It held little emotion, not even the artificial kind. Fluttershy looked up and saw a strange blank look in her aunt's eyes.

"Is something wrong, Auntie?"

"No," Starlight said monotonously. "Nothing's wrong. Everything's right."

Trenderhoof appeared behind her, wearing a smile that sent a chill up Fluttershy's spine.

"Auntie, what's going on?"

"Tell her, doamnă," said Trenderhoof.

"Count Trenderhoof has asked for your hoof in marriage," Starlight said bluntly.

Fluttershy dropped Angel as she stood. "W-W-What?"

"And I have given him my consent."

The pegasus was at a loss for words as Trenderhoof stalked towards her.

"I know this is sudden, domnişoara," he said, taking her hoof. "But I have grown quite fond of our time together and so I've arranged for us to be wed at City Hall tomorrow."

"T-T-Tomorrow?" Fluttershy stammered.

"I understand your aunt wants a big lavish wedding, but you see I have business in Zebrica coming up very soon and this must be taken care of as soon as possible." He whispered in her ear. "If you want, you can come with me to Zebrica for our honeymoon."

Those words broke Fluttershy's trance. Scowling, she wrenched her hoof out of his grasp.

"No!"

Trenderhoof blinked in surprise. "No?"

Fluttershy took a steady breath and held her head high. "Thank you for the offer, Count Trenderhoof, but I'm afraid I must decline."

He snorted and grabbed her by the shoulders. "No pony says no to me!"

Angel hopped between them and he snarled at the count, making him jump back in alarm. He growled at the rabbit and the mare, but then calmed himself down.

"Unfortunately, my dear, that is not your decision to make." He turned back to Starlight, who seemed to be unfazed by the spectacle. "Isn't that right, Lady Starlight?"

"Indeed," Starlight droned. "You must wed Count Trenderhoof immediately."

"Auntie!" Fluttershy exclaimed, pushing past the count. "You can't! You can't make me marry him! I don't love him!"

Her aunt's eyes looked straight ahead, not focusing on her. "You might grow to love him."

"No, Auntie!" Fluttershy said, stomping her hoof. "I can't marry Count Trenderhoof because I LOVE COUNT DISCORD!"

Trenderhoof's cocky smile vanished and Angel squeaked in shock. Starlight remained stoic. Fluttershy felt like a weight had been taken off her chest. In one split second, her decision was made.

She now understood what Applejack had been trying to tell her. Creatures who were willing to lay down their lives for the ones they loved were extremely rare. Why should Fluttershy be so foolish as to throw someone like that away? All that time they'd been together, Discord had treated her with respect and courtesy and had valued her opinions. He was nothing like the crude stallions who would manipulate mares to get what they wanted like the scoundrel who had ravished Rarity and Applejack, and Discord wasn't inconsiderate like Trenderhoof was being right now.

Fluttershy knew what she wanted now. She wanted to be with Discord not because he needed her, but because she needed him. Without him, she was miserable and indecisive. But now, even though he wasn't with her, the thought of him gave her the strength and courage that was required for this moment.

Narrowing her eyes and squaring her shoulders, Fluttershy faced her aunt and said, "Discord is the one I want to marry, Auntie. And there is no reason you shouldn't support this match. I love him and he loves me. On top of that, he is far wealthier than Trenderhoof, owns a much larger estate, is of high social status, and is more of a gentlecolt than he is!"

Trenderhoof scowled at her. "So that crafty count has seduced you, eh? No matter. Not all my mares were virgins."

She turned to him in confusion. "What?"

"See here, domnişoară," he said lowly, advancing towards her. "It doesn't matter whether you love me or not!"

Fluttershy squeaked as she was backed into the door.

"Your aunt says we will be wed tomorrow morning at ten, and you're going to be there! Even if I have to lock you in here for the rest of the day!"

She gulped. "B-But…you have no right to…"

"Maybe not." He grinned at Starlight. "But she does."

Fluttershy gasped as her aunt levitated a key out of her dress. "Auntie, please!"

"Take time to think about it," Starlight murmured as she walked out with Trenderhoof.

The door was shut before Fluttershy could stop them. She could hear the key turning in the lock.

"What if she flies out window?" Trenderhoof asked on the other side.

"She hasn't flown since she was a filly," said Starlight's emotionless voice.

"Show a little more enthusiasm, will you? You sound so dry."

Fluttershy jiggled the doorknob and banged on the door. "Let me out of here! Please! You can't keep me in here!"

Angel also knocked hard on the door, but his tiny paws barely made a difference. Eventually, Fluttershy admitted defeat and slunk to the floor, crying in exhaustion. Her rabbit's ears drooped as he curled up to her.

"Oh, Angel," she choked. "If I hadn't driven Discord away like that, none of this would've happened! I know I said our relationship would be too complicated, but no matter what the future holds for us, we'd be together!" She sighed. "And now I'm being forced into a loveless marriage against my will."

As she went on, Angel was making his own decision. He didn't like Discord, but he would at least treat his owner better than Trenderhoof. He hopped to the window seat and pointed outside.

"What is it, Angel?" Fluttershy asked, rising to follow him.

The bunny flapped his arms speedily.

"Oh, Angel, you know I can't fly."

He shook his head and then drooped one of his ears halfway as he bared his teeth.

"Oh, you mean Discord?"

Angel nodded and tapped his nose.

"You're right," she said hopefully. "He could fly me out of here!" Then she frowned. "Oh, but how will I be able to reach him? I doubt Auntie Starlight will let me send a letter to him, and I don't think she'll give the servants the chance."

But then her answer came as she looked out and spotted an orange speck in the streets. Fluttershy threw open the window, put her hoof in her mouth and whistled long and hard. Scootaloo looked up and saw her waving her hooves wildly. The filly trotted up so she was directly under the window.

"What's up, Fluttershy?" she called. "You know, other than you?"

"Scootaloo, I need your help!"

The filly saluted. "Name it, domnişoară! I am at your service!"

"I'm getting married tomorrow!"

"Oh, congratulations!"

The mare shook her head. "No, no, no! You don't understand! It's to Count Trenderhoof!"

Scootaloo gasped in horror. "You don't mean that guy you were with yesterday?"

"Yes, that's him!"

"Fluttershy, you can't marry him! He's bad news!"

"That's my problem! I don't want to marry him! I want to marry Count Discord!"

The filly's jaw dropped. "That hermit up in that spooky castle in the forest?"

"Yes! I need you to get a message to him!"

Scootaloo cringed at her request. While she would never admit this out loud, that forest scared her to death. There were so many wild beasts about, not to mention vampires. However, she couldn't let this mare who had been so kind to her marry some pony she didn't love, especially considering he was a murderous vampire.

"You can count on me!" she declared, puffing up her chest. "Just tell me the message!"

Fluttershy looked around the square. She hadn't considered that some pony might be listening. Then again, the streets were so busy it was likely she was but a small tweet in the cacophonous crowd. Still, she had to be cautious.

"Wait right here!"

She went back inside to her writing desk, where she hastily began scribbling a note:

My dearest Discord,

I am so sorry for what I said last night. Now I know for sure what I want and that is you. But I'm afraid that might be impossible as my aunt is forcing me to marry Count Trenderhoof tomorrow morning! Please come to my window tonight as soon as you can! I'll be waiting for you to take me away.

Forever Yours,

Fluttershy

After a thought, she wrote:

P. S. Make sure the filly who brings this note gets something to eat.

She placed the note in an envelope and licked it closed. Returning to the window, she shouted, "Watch out!"

She dropped the letter and it slowly glided down into Scootaloo's ready hooves.

"Do you know where Discord's castle is?" Fluttershy asked.

"Uh-huh," the filly replied with a nod.

"Take this to the castle and don't stop for anything! Make sure whoever answers the door knows that I sent you, and tell them it's urgent!"

"Aye-aye, captain!"

And with a final salute, she was off. Fluttershy slumped into the window seat and let out a satisfied sigh.

"Do you think he'll come for me?" she asked Angel. "What am I saying? Of course he will!" She frowned slightly. "If he still loves me, that is."


Luckily for Scootaloo, most of the wild predators in the forest slept during the day. Just in case, however, she would look over her shoulder every two minutes to be certain no one was following her. For all she knew, Count Trenderhoof could've sent those horrible singing mares after her.

After several painful hours of uphill climbing, Scootaloo finally reached the castle. She had seen it once before at night, but in the daylight it didn't look that intimidating. She'd never seen the Count Discord, but if Fluttershy trusted him enough with her life, Scootaloo felt she could trust him too.

She could not reach the doorknocker, so she pounded as hard as she could on the large door. A few minutes later it was answered by some pony she recognized.

"Rainbow Dash?"

The mare gaped down at her. "Scootaloo? What are you doing here?"

"I came here to… Hey! The dark spooky castle you were talking about at the tavern was Count Discord's castle?" She gasped. "Does that mean Count Discord's a vampire too?!"

Rainbow blinked and shook her head. "Again. What are you doing here?"

"Oh, right!" Scootaloo showed her the envelope. "I have a message from Lady Fluttershy!"

"Fluttershy?!" Rainbow glanced around anxiously. "Did any pony follow you up here?"

"Nope. I made sure of it."

She ushered the filly inside and shut the door, bolting the lock.

"You're friends with Fluttershy?" Rainbow asked as she led her down the hall.

"Mmm-hmm," Scootaloo said with a nod. "Yesterday she helped me get these new clothes!"

"I thought something was different about you."

"So this is where vampires live?" She gazed up at the grand architecture. "Do you really sleep in coffins? Does garlic really bother you guys? How come you didn't burn up in the sun when I opened the door? Is it true that if some pony leaves seeds by their window, you have to like count them or whatever? Is it true that…?"

Rainbow's hoof silenced her. "Why don't we save the questions for after you give your message?"

They found the others in the gymnasium. Discord felt it was best that they all prepare themselves should they have to battle Trenderhoof and his coven. Applejack and Rarity were especially taking their anger out on straw dummies shaped like Trenderhoof. Scootaloo gawked at the spectacle, for all the mares were in their bat forms and Discord was on the far end of the room, setting fire to a ring of dummies.

"Oh my Celestia!"

Every pony turned in alarm. Discord was about to cast his hypnotic spell when the filly ran up to him excitedly.

"Are you a draconequus?! I thought you guys were just a legend, but here you are! Wow, you're a lot freakier than I thought you'd be! Not that you look freaky, but I didn't think you'd have this many animal parts! Though I was told you'd have the fangs of a tiger."

Discord blinked. "Rainbow?!"

"It's okay!" Rainbow said, holding out her hooves. "Scootaloo's a friend!"

"Hey, aren't ya the lil' filly from the tavern?" Applejack asked as she and the others slowly turned to their pony forms.

"Ooh, you clean up nicely!" Pinkie chimed, admiring Scootaloo's new dress.

"Though why are you wearing your gown inside out?" Rarity inquired.

"To keep the nice side from getting dirty," she explained, turning to the draconequus. "Since you're the only guy here, I'm guessing you're Count Discord. Does Fluttershy know you're a vampire?"

"Fluttershy?" Discord said, snatching up the filly. "You know Fluttershy?"

Scootaloo nodded and held out the letter. "She asked me to give this to you. She's in trouble!"

He took the note and carelessly dropped her. Rainbow managed to catch her in time. Ripping open the envelope, Discord skimmed through the note. First he cried out in happiness.

"What's it say, what's it say?" Pinkie asked, bouncing up and down eagerly.

He placed the paper to his chest. "She says she wants to be with me!"

She sprang into the air. "Yay!"

Then he finished the letter and gasped in horror. "But she's marrying Count Trenderhoof in the morning?!"

Pinkie scowled. "Boo!"

"That fiend!" Applejack growled.

Rarity pounded her hooves together. "I'll strangle him!"

"But she wants to marry you, mister!" Scootaloo exclaimed. "She told me so herself!" She stepped back as a thought occurred to her. "But you're not gonna…you know, eat her, right? Because it's bad enough that she's being forced to marry this other vampire."

"Hold on there!" Applejack said. "How'd ya know Trenderhoof's a vampire?"

She shrugged. "I don't know. When I first saw him, I got this…strange, tingling feeling. In fact I'm getting it right now around you."

Twilight stepped forward in interest. "Are you saying that you can sense vampires?"

"I guess, but I don't know why."

"I think I know," Rainbow said, rubbing her chin. "Hey squirt, are you by any chance a twin?"

Scootaloo's eyes widened in surprise. "Actually…I am. Or I was. My mom said I had a twin sister that didn't make it."

"Well then that settles it!"

"It does?" Twilight questioned, scrunching her muzzle.

"There's this old Romane myth that twins who wear their clothes inside out can sense vampires."

"Ohhhhhh," Scootaloo said with a nod. "That explains a lot."

"So Fluttershy is marrying Trenderhoof in the morning?" Rarity asked Discord in panic.

"Against her will!" Discord exclaimed, showing them the letter.

"Then there's no time to lose," said Applejack. "Master, ya gotta get her out o' there tonight!"

"Why not now?" Scootaloo asked.

"The Master can't go out in the sunlight," Twilight explained. "Even if he could, if we go after her now, some pony's sure to notice."

"Then it's settled!" Discord said firmly. "I'm going to her tonight and that's final!" He looked back at the note in thought. "Hmm. Apparently this also says to give the filly carrying this letter something to eat."

"It does?" Scootaloo questioned, squinting at the paper.

"Yes, didn't you know?"

"Uh," she said, biting her lip. "I would've taken a peek, but…I can't really read."

He cocked his eyebrow. "Really?

She shook her head. "I never learned."

He stroked his beard in thought. "Applejack, can you prepare something for our guest?"

"Sure," Applejack said, turning to the filly. "What would ya like?"

"Ah, I'll eat anything," Scootaloo said before suddenly cringing. "But uh…not what you guys eat, okay?"

Applejack chuckled. "Don't worry. You're not the only mortal in here."

As the orange mare left, Scootaloo looked curiously up at Discord. "So do you really have unlimited magic powers?"

Flattered, Discord grinned bashfully. "Well, I don't know about unlimited…"

"But can you do any cool tricks?"

He tapped his chin. "Well…"

To Scootaloo's awe, he reached down and pulled a stuffed bear out of her ear.

"Gee, thanks, mister!" she said, hugging the bear. "I always wanted a toy!"

Discord smiled warmly at the foal.

"Where are your parents, kid?" Rainbow asked in concern.

Scootaloo shook her head. "Don't have any."

Discord frowned. "So…you don't have a place to stay?"

She shrugged. "I'm pretty sure that Trenderhoof guy's onto me. I was there the night his singing girls took out those Romane stallions."

"The Sirens," Twilight grunted furiously.

"Oh, Discord," Rarity said. "We can't have this sweet little filly going back out in the cold where those awful other vampires are probably waiting for her!"

Discord nodded. "You are absolutely right." He knelt down to the filly. "You are welcome to stay here as long as you like, but only if you promise not to tell any pony about us."

Scootaloo pretended to zip her mouth closed. "You won't hear a word out of me, mister! Golly, you're nice! I'm starting to see why Fluttershy likes you so much."

The filly's compliment touched his heart.

"So," Pinkie said, playfully nudging her master. "If Fluttershy wants to be with you, and she's coming over soon, does that mean there are going to be wedding bells a' chiming?"

He bit his lip. "Uh, Pinkie…just because she's changed her mind about me doesn't mean we're…you know, going to be making plans any time soon."

She rolled her eyes as she walked toward the door. "If you say so…"

"Where are you going?" Twilight inquired.

"Oh," Pinkie said, smiling innocently, "just going out for some…supplies."

Author's Note:

That thing about twins sensing vampires is an actual myth. I thought it'd be cool to include!

The whole "want" and "need" debate was based on a conversation my coworkers were having, that one should be with a guy who "wants" you rather than "needs" you. I concluded that it's a little bit of both.

I might've figured out the cause of my headaches. Turns out I need glasses. Too bad I don't get them until next week.