• Published 20th Sep 2015
  • 274 Views, 0 Comments

3questria - mlpflashlight



3questria. A human finds himself in a strange new land and is taken on an adventure with a strange mare.

  • ...
 0
 274

Chapter 1

Author's Note:

This is one of the first stories i have ever written so sorry if its bad.

If i had done anything wrong or if you see any grammatical errors please let me know below.
Also constructive criticism is welcome.

Anyways here is chapter 1. Enjoy.

My eyes slowly open as I begin to wake up. I take a long look at the surroundings and realize that I am no longer in the small gray apartment that I was supposed to be in. 'Well one thing's for sure.. I am definitely not in the the city anymore.' I said to myself as I look into the open blue sky. At my sides we're a few hills, green as ever, and in front of me was a dense forest, that as far as I could see was.. pretty wide. What the heck happened after the flash? Why can't I remember anything?! Where am I and how did I get here? There we're far too many questions running through my mind, dying to be answered. As I begin to regain my footing I notice that there was something sticky attached to my rear end. I reached down and try to examine the item. It was clear and reddish and quite jiggly I might add. It appears to resemble a Strawberry jello.. I bent down and took a lick at my hoof and sure enough it was Strawberry jello!

"Wait a minute! A hoof?!" I yelled. "Just what the hell is going on?" I stood up, finally. I continued to examine myself and and found out that not only did I have hoofs but I've also sprouted a tail. I tried to raise my hand, or a hoof as it is now, and sure enough there we're furry ears. I begin to panic, unsure of what's happening. My heart begins to race and my breathing gets faster and faster. Then that was when I heard her. I turn around and found myself facing an orange and golden yellow mare trotting towards me.

"Hey! You squished my Jello tower!" She yelled and before I knew it she was leaping at me. Left? Right? I didn't know where to go. Oh shit, it's too late I was already pinned to the ground. Great. Just great. A pony jumps on me and pins me to the ground. This, is gonna be one hell of a day.I look up at the figure now sitting on my chest, or so it seems, mumbling something incoherent. I was very much confused at the moment. I just laid there frozen, unsure whether or not I should move or stay still.

"That took me forever to set up, you know!" The angry mare said.

Unsure of how to respond with her retort, all I said was one word, "Oops?"

"Oops? What do you mean 'oops'?! That's all you have to say for yourself after you destroyed my super awesome Jello tower?!" I gulped.

"Well sorry miss. I didn't mean to.."

"You know, I 'ought to bite you for that." She said. And with a 'nom' she bit down onto my forearm. It doesn't really hurt, I guess.. But seriously. What is happening to me? I stare at my 'oh-so-dangerous-attacker'. All I really wanted to do was get up and flee into the forest but I need answers. How to get back to my apartment? If this was actually just another wild dream and if so, how can I wake up? I laid there for a good 5 minutes or so just thinking and asking myself questions that I couldn't answer. I snap out of my thoughts and realize the mare was still biting me. I guess she must have had enough and grown tired when she rolled off of me and said "You sure are one tough cookie! Being able to survive my mighty bites." Ha! She called that a bite? I stared at her and the longer I did, the more I realize how serious she was with her statement. So it was supposed to hurt?

"Nevertheless, you still have to pay me back, you know? That's 20 bits right there. Jello doesn't grow on trees, you know."
Bits? What are bits?

"Don't you have some bits in your saddle pack there?" She asked holding out her hoof which I assume was supposed to be pointing at something. Saddle pack? What what saddlepack? I looked at the direction she was pointing at and saw a strangely familiar pack. It was light brown in color and is made up of what I think is canvas. I trotted over were the bag was located and took a look at what's inside. In the bag was a canteen pillow, a blanket, a box of matches, a sack and a short sword? The sack conatained more than a hundred gold coins which I assume we're 'bits'. I guess this is what she wants. The mare looked at me and nodded rapidly. Well that answered my question, these are infact bits. I quickly counted out 20 of the golden coins and pass it over to the mare.

"Hey miss, I'm really sorry for squishing yer' tower thing.." I say trying to apologize.

"No problem. You paid me back and I can always make another." She said. 'Wow' I thought, the mood sure did change quickly.

"Sundrop, but everyone calls me Sunny." She said raising her hoof up. I reach out and shake it. I tried to introduce myself but I just couldn't remember what my name is.

"Um.. I kind of forgotten my name." I chuckled nervously.

"What the hay? How do you forget your own name? Even I remember mine. Did you really fall that hard?"

"Well.. I guess I did fall pretty hard?"

"Well I'm just gonna call you 'Flashlight' then." She let out a sigh.

"What? Why?" I couldn't help but ask.

"Because your cutie mark is a flashlight, you dummy!" She giggled.

Cutie mark? I follow her line of sight to what led to one of my flanks. On it was indeed a flashlight. Do I seriously have a butt tattoo?