• Published 23rd Sep 2015
  • 7,730 Views, 59 Comments

Will You Want To Call Me Mom? - Foals Errand



After A check up Twilight begins to doubt her ability to be a good mother.

  • ...
16
 59
 7,730

Epilogue

Twilight chewed her tongue. “All right, just a bit to the right now, dear.” The crib lifted into the air, held in a red aura, and moved slightly to the right before setting back down. Twilight tilted her head a bit, humming before shaking her head. “No, I was wrong. It’s better to the left. Maybe point five centimeters more.”

The red aura around the crib vanished as Twilight’s sixteen year old daughter turned to face her, an eyebrow raised. “Mom, I love you dearly, but you have lost it! I’ve moved this stupid crib twenty six times today, and if I move it point five centimeters to the left, it’ll be back in the exact spot it was before I started!”

Twilight stood up with a bit of an ‘oomph’ as Eclipse rushed over to help her up. “I know, sweetheart, I’m sorry I’m so nutsy.”

Eclipse nuzzled her under her chin. “It’s okay, Mom, I get it. I really do. You and Mother are both a bit panicked about the upcoming arrival of my brother.”

Twilight chuckled, her ears pinning back as a blush crept on her face.“Yes, I suppose we are. I’m just glad that your Auntie Cady and Uncle Shiny were able to take you to the Crystal Empire the last few weeks. Not that I didn’t miss you with all my heart but.” She blew a sigh. “I did have a bit of a panic attack a week ago.”

Eclipse shook her head as she helped Twilight into her rocking chair. “I heard a bit about it. The guard is still trying to fix that chariot from Mother ripping the door off.”

Twilight rocked back in her chair, her fore hoof resting on her daughter’s head. “I’m certain everything will be fine now that my stable, down-to-Equestria daughter is home...Oh!” Twilight starts, a hoof pressing at her belly.

“Mom? What is it? Mom, is everything alright?” Eclipse reached up to move the bangs from Twilight’s eyes, a worried expression on her face.

“Everything is fine, Eclipse, just a small pai—” Twilight winced again, gripping Eclipse’s hoof “Honey, do me a favor?”

Eclipse nodded. “Of course, Mom. What is it?”

Twilight pulled herself out of the rocking chair, her legs shaking a bit “Go tell your Auntie Cady I need her. Then go to the Day court and tell your Mother to meet me in our room.”

Eclipse nodded though she bit at her bottom lip. “Is everything okay, Mom?”

Twilight smiled once before wincing “Oh yes, darling, it’s just your little brother wants out.”

Eclipse’s eyes widened and she sprinted from the room. “Auntie Cady! Auntie Cady! Mom needs you!”

Twilight chuckled before her eyes went wide as a drip drip noise reached her ears. “Cadance!!!”


Several ponies sat in the hallway in various states of anticipation. Luna paced in front of the door to Twilight and Celestia’s room. Twilight had been very firm that only Celestia be allowed in. In fact, Pinkie Pie had been escorted out of the room no less than five times in the last thirty minutes.

“Princess, all due respect to ya, but you are driving us all nuts with your pacing!” Applejack said as she rubbed at her forehead. “We’re all anxious and eager to meet the foal, but your pacing ain’t going to make it happen any faster.”

Luna paused a moment before chuckling, a faint blush creeping across her face before she sat down on a nearby chair. “My apologies Applejack, I'm just very excited. It’s funny, I teased Tia that she would be the one pacing as we waited for the foal.”

Applejack waved it off. “Not a problem. I understand, we all do.”

They all turned as they heard a familiar ‘proinking’ sound coming from the hallway. Pinkie bounced down the hall, much to the surprise of her friends.

Rainbow leaned over to whisper into Rarity’s ear. “Didn’t the Princess teleport her to the Everfree last time she broke into the room?”

A bemused frown crossed Rarity’s face before she shook her head. “I’m afraid it’s simply Pinkie being Pinkie, darling.”

Rainbow Dash shrugged. “Better reasoning than I could come up with.” She turned to Pinkie as she finally joined them. “What’s up, Pinkie? You aren’t going to try to get back in are you? Princess Celestia might send you to the sun next time.”

Pinkie Pie tapped at her chin before shaking her head. “No way! Then I’ll miss meeting Twilight’s foal! And I’ve already been waiting forever!” She shook her head so quickly, her mane bounced around wildly. “Nono, I just was thinking who gets to see the foal first? I mean after Luna, and Twilight’s Mommy and Daddy, and Eclipse, oh and Spike and Twilight’s BBBFF and Cadance can’t forget Ca-mmph!”

Applejack looked at the others, slowly lowering her hoof from Pinkie’s mouth. “Ah think what Pinkie is trying to ask is: other than Twi’s family, which of us gets to meet the little guy first?”

The five ponies looked at each other, sparks seeming to come from their eyes.

A yellow unicorn sitting next to Cadance blinked before turning her way. “Do they really do this a lot?”

A wan smile tugged at Cadance’s lips. “More than you would think, Sunset.” She turned her gaze from the feuding friends to give the unicorn a smile. “Twilight and Celestia will be so glad you were able to make it for their son’s birth.”

Sunset Shimmer smiled in turn. “Where else would I be other than here? There’s only so many times Twilight will have her first born, and since Twilight in the human world is still working on figuring out what dating is, well this may be the only time for a while.”

Both of them cringed and covered their ears as a shout of, “WHAT DO YOU MEAN I CAN’T HAVE PAIN MEDICINE?” echoed from the room.

Cadance winced, rubbing at her ears. “I would not want to be the pony who just told Twilight that.”

Sunset backed a bit more away from the door. “Yeah, me either.”


“I’m sorry, Princess. You are progressing too fast.” Doctor Tenderhoof’s cheeks rose in a smile behind his surgery mask. “In fact, it’s time to start pushing.”

Twilight stared at him, an eye twitching. “Time? Time! What do you know about time!” She pointed an accusatory hoof at him. “I’ve gone back in time! There is always time!” She turned her head to where Celestia sat dressed in a set of green scrubs rather than her usual regalia while holding Twilight’s hoof. “You’ll stop time for me won’t you, love?”

Celestia nuzzled Twilight’s cheek. “It’s all right, Twily, I’m here. We’re just about to meet our son.”

Twilight’s eye stopped twitching as her heart slowed a bit. “So, no stopping time?”

“Afraid not, darling,” Celestia said, giving Twilight’s hoof a soft kiss. “After all, if I stopped time, it would be more of a wait to hold our son.”

“All right, Princess Twilight, I want you to look at me. He’s right there, just give me a good hard push.”

Gritting her teeth, Twilight gave a push, trying to force out the young life that so eagerly wanted to be born.

Tenderhoof lit up his horn as Twilight cried out. “That’s right! Just push!”

She gripped Celestia’s hoof so tightly that she almost cut the circulation. “Why do I have to push?” She screamed again before turning a scathing glare at her wife. “Celestia, you did this to me! If we ever have another foal, you’re going to carry them!”


Luna had her ear to the door as the other ponies stood waiting, cringing at the words that flew from the young mother—words not suited for polite society.

“What is happening, Auntie Luna?” Eclipse asked, sparing the door a worried look.

“She is pushing.” She cringed again. “My, I didn’t know she knew such language!”

All sets of ears perked when the swearing was replaced by a new voice. A voice that had only taken its first breath.

Everypony in the hallway slumped in relief at the sound as it came from behind the door.

“He is here, Eclipse, you are a big sister now! Huzzah!” Luna beamed as the teenager stood with a giant smile on her muzzle.


“Ten pounds, six ounces. Twenty inches long. Earth pony. He’s a beautiful, healthy colt. Good job, Mom,” Tenderhoof said before gently placing the newborn colt on Twilight’s chest.

Twilight gave a soft, warm smile to her son as he continued to cry. “Oh, oh he’s here. My son is here…” She gave the newborn a slight nuzzle before turning her gaze to Celestia. “Our son is here, Tia, look at him!”

Celestia smiled, taking her son’s tiny hoof in her own. “He’s perfect” She smiled a bit more as she examined her newborn son. “It seems he takes after me for his coat though!”

Twilight laughed, a weak, tired laugh. “And Luna as well. Look—” She motioned to his back end. “He has purple splotches on his flank and his muzzle is also purple.”

Celestia placed a hoof gently on his head. “Seems he’s taken your mane though, dearest.”

Twilight nodded slowly. “ It looks good on him. I wonder what color his eyes are?”

The colt whimpered before blinking his slightly swollen eyes. Snuggling deeper into his Mother’s coat, his eyes were open long enough for them to see. “Oh, Tia, his eyes look like both of ours.”

Celestia placed a wing carefully over her new family. “I don’t think any pony could deny he is ours.” She gave her wife a nuzzle before frowning softly. “Though he does need a name.”

Twilight glanced out the window as the sun rose on the first morning of her son’s life. “Morning Star.”

Celestia glanced down as their son fell asleep, the little one exhausted from his ordeal. “Morning Star, yes. Welcome to Equestria, Morning Star. I sure hope you like it here.”

Twilight lifted her head to nuzzle Celestia. “I’m sure he will. After all, he is our son.”

Author's Note:

Yes it was done with pony creator... He is still the cutest colt ever!

Comments ( 25 )

i like it and i hope theres a sequel to this sequel

Awww so cute! I think i will be trying to draw a fan pic soon!

Simply beautiful, Foals!

In fac,t Pinkie Pie had been escorted out of the room no less than five times in the last thirty minutes.

First off, I think that comma's misplaced. Second off, *Slaps Pinkie* BAD PINKIE!

*Ahem* Okay, little confused here. If this is twilight and Celestia's first kid... where did those others come from in the first paragraphs? Eclipse, mentioned as twilight's daughter? Is there time travel or something here?

6475896
Eclipse is adopted she became Twilight's student in Twilight of her singularity and they went on to adopt her

6475983 :twilightsmile: Yeah speaking of which you need to finish Singularity. Can't wait for that one.

who is Eclipse where did she come from?

6477135
She appears in the chapter Yourself or somepony like you. in my prequel story The Twilight Of Her Singularity.

Morning Star. So she just gave birth to the antichrist. :ajbemused:

6477778
Actually The Morning Star is more often refrencing Jesus Christ in the bible not Lucifer.
Does Morning Star mean Lucifer or Jesus
...Not to say he is jesus either.
He is named Morning Star because he was born at Dawn

6477704 oh ok X3

i just work out who you are and I'm reading Mother again X3

Ha ha ha. Guess what the Devils name is? Lucifer. Which means (BTW) morning star. I'm just... Saiyan. Great story tho. Just thought you'd like to know you named the kid satan.

I love his name that Twilight Sparkle gave to him:twilightblush:

6477135
Read the prequels

Embedding illustrations from Imgur.com no longer works.

6721029

Is it terrible that I have read the prequels, and I don't remember?

Like the name Morning Star =3

7070929 a student who flared like Twilight that Twilight met while she was in Celestia's body for a day.

6477778
6479874

Later Christian tradition came to use the Latin word for "morning star", lucifer, as a proper name ("Lucifer") for the devil; as he was before his fall.[19] As a result, "'Lucifer' has become a by-word for Satan/the Devil in the church and in popular literature",[15] as in Dante Alighieri's Inferno, Joost van den Vondel's Lucifer and John Milton's Paradise Lost.[13] However, the Latin word never came to be used almost exclusively, as in English, in this way, and was applied to others also, including Jesus.

And now, Twilight, think how would the birth feel if he was an alicorn.

Just a heads-up, the link in the description ("Road to Motherhood") is returning a 404. Not sure if that was moved/renamed to "Twilight of Her Singularity" or not, but that link needs changing (and possibly the underlying problem needs fixing).

Several ponies sat in the hallway in various states of anticipation. Luna paced in front of the door to Twilight and Celestia’s room. Twilight had been very firm that only Celestia be allowed in. In fact, Pinkie Pie had been escorted out of the room no less than five times in the last thirty minutes.

I’m assuming it got locked the first time so I’m chalking it up to the other 4 times as Pinkie being pinkie

Either way, DAWWW!!!!!

9902464
It's always Pinkie being Pinkie.
I also bet that the door was locked the very first time she tried.

Login or register to comment