• Published 20th Sep 2015
  • 7,273 Views, 66 Comments

Apologies - SuicidalAngel



The events after Rainbow was proven innocent.

  • ...
9
 66
 7,273

"I'm sorry..."

Rainbow Dash rinsed her face throughly hoping to cleanse every drop of sweat that rested on her cheeks and forehead. Only a few minutes had passed since her first show WITH her biggest idols, the Wonderbolts and she was still extremely happy. Despite the actual show being over.

As she dried herself with a towel, previous events of the day flowed back into her mind. How one of her biggest heros had framed her to keep a lousy record. How no one except her true friend Rarity believed her. The look of disappointment on his face.

Dash shook the thoughts out of her mind and walked out of her room on the east wing of the castle. She didn't really feel like flying at the moment. Exiting the east wing, she saw her friend Rarity walking towards her with a smile.

"Rainbow, darling, I was just on my way over to your room. The Wonderbolts wanted to invite you to a little get together in the castle gardens", Rarity smiled proudly, as usual.

"Oh...", Dash barely managed to say. All of their interrogations scooted their way into her head again. All their accusations. Yes, she was very pleased that she did end up flying with them, now the more she thought about it, the more it bothered her. Why had she forgiven them so easily? Why had she forgiven him so easily?

"I don't know Rares, I'm actually not feeling too good right now", Rainbow lied nervously and looked aroud a bit. "I think I'm gonna pass on this one".

Rarity looked suspiciously at Rainbow. She had never been one to pass on spending whatever time with her idols. Nonetheless, she simply nodded at her response and bid Dash goodnight.


She kept staring at the ceiling, unable to sleep. Rainbow couldn't believe she was really still upset about earlier. She was driving herself crazy about something she would usually overlook! Why couldn't she just let it go?! It wasn't like any of them still cared about it!

A sharp knock interrupted her thoughts as she was forced to look up. She wondered who could possibly be knocking at her door at that late of an hour.

"Dash, it's me, Soarin", she heard a rasp voice say. She nearly gasped and froze. She hoped he would think she's asleep or something and go away.

"I know you're not really feeling well but I need to talk to you", the voice said through the door. She, again, remained silent.

"Dash...?".

Rainbow bit her lip. She knew that even if she avoided it today, he would bring it up tomorrow. With slight hesitation she sat up.

"Come in, Soarin". Taking his cue, he turned the knob and opened the the door slowly. The ice blue pegasus popped his head through the door giving Rainbow a reassuring smile.

Rainbow smiled back as she felt her face slightly glow. Soarin walked over to her bed where she was resting and sat down next to her. Once he did, she opened her mouth to say something, but shut it almost immediately after and looked aroud, Soarin joining her soon after.

Silence surrounded the room as neither of the spoke. Soon enough the found themselves staring at each other and looked away awkwardly.

Tempted to disturb the silence, Dash once again had the idea of speaking up. However this time, Soarin beat her to it.

"So how are you feeling?", he asked quietly without looking up. How was she feeling? She was feeling like she wanted to break all the windows into a million pieces after smashing him into the floor. She wanted to beat him and the rest of the jerk team up. She wanted to yell at him until her voice failed. She wanted to hurt him as much as possible without actually hurting him. She just want him to know how much she felt like destroying him, but at the same time, just wanted to get into his shoulders.

"I've been better...", Rainbow said in a flat tone. Not exactly the answer he was looking for. Then again, it wasn't exactly the answer she wanted to give him.

"You missed some great pie back at the garden", Soarin joked, mentally facehoofing. His attempts at lighting up the mood seemed to work though as he earned a soft chuckle from Rainbow, who regretted it. He looked up and smiled at her, which she gladly returned before both their faces turned serious again. He then stared into her deep magenta eyes as she did the same with his enchanting emerald green ones.

"I'm sorry, Rainbow Dash", he whispered only loud enough for her to hear. Dash's eyes widened as she leaned back a bit.

"W-what?", she asked, stuttering.

"I'm sorry, Rainbow", Soarin said more clearly, keeping his eyes directly on hers."You're one of the ponies I should trust the most. After everything you've done for me, I really shouldn't have accused you like that. You probably hate me now, don't you?"

Yes. No.

"Soarin, I...", Dash started and looked away, "I don't know what to think anymore.... You were one of the Wonderbolts I admired the most because you hadn't tricked me or used me or...you get the point. I thought out all of them you would've stuck up for me and believed me but...but you...". A tear escaped her eye as Soarin had never felt worse about himself as he did just then.

Rainbow couldn't control herself anymore and threw herself at him, wrapping her hooves around him. She sobbed as she continued and lay her head on his chest. With no hesitation, he wrapped his arms around her and held her close.

"You yelled at me, you threatened me, you...", Dash cried into his chest. She didn't bother to continue as she realized he was tearing up while holding into her as hard as he could without hurting her. She cleansed on him tighter in attempt to call him, as well as herself, down.

Soarin closed his eyes shut and let his tears flow down his cheeks. Soon, both just lay there holding each other close.

How could he have done this to her? How could he have let down all her expectations of him? The last thing he would've wanted was to hurt her, and that's just what he did. He could have at least helped her, yet he didn't. It was as if he didn't even care. Now all he wanted was to comfort her and hug her as long as he could.

Rainbow's soft snoring forced him to look down to see a sound asleep mare resting on his chest. He smiled to himself seeing how innocent she looked. And how innocent she was.

He lay her down on the bed and covered her with a blanket. Even though he wanted to stay with her, Soarin knew he couldn't sleep next to her. Not willing to leave her, he looked around to try to find a place to sleep on.

He decided to settle down on a plush chair near a corner. He moved it so that he was only a couple of feet away from her and lay down, using an extra blanket to cover himself with.

He looked at her peaceful, innocent face one last time before closing his own eyes and going to sleep.

Author's Note:

New fanfic! I wasn't satisfied with how the recent episode ended and decided to add my take on the situation. Excuse any mistakes and give me any suggestions if you feel like it needs improvement.
Well, off to eat Fruit Loops, KECKLES!