• Published 19th Sep 2015
  • 3,930 Views, 188 Comments

A Rarity of a soldier - Lon35hadow



Rarity is sent to a UNSC colony world. What new friends will she make, and can she return home?

  • ...
20
 188
 3,930

Diffuculties

The jaws of the others were open. "You did what, Rarity?" Rainbow asked. "I thought you would have wanted to kill the Covenant because, well, they tried to kill you."

"Actually," Twilight said, getting the attention of those present, "they were from the Faithful Servant, the ship Ruso had taken me to."


Ruso led Twilight through the corridors to what she assumed was the bridge for the ship, and she was wide-eyed the entire time. Many Sangheili and other covenant species gave her odd looks, but, upon seeing Ruso giving them a death glare, many returned to what they were in the middle of.

Once they made it to the doors that led to the bridge, Ruso halted Twilight, stopping her form nearly walking into the wall. In English, he said, "Are you ready, Highness," he asked. "Though you are royalty, there is no guarantee the shipmaster will grant your request."

Twilight, jumping from hoof to hoof nervously, nodded and said, "Yeah, I am."

"Then let us proceed," he said as he put his four fingered hand on the scanner that confirmed his biometrics, which opened the door. "Come." With that, the two of them entered the bridge.

The bridge, in contrast to the few human ships Ruso had boarded, with their bridges being exposed, was located in the center of the ship, with projections of the battle area on the walls. The ship master, wearing the traditional purple cloak, had on golden armor and stood on an elevated platform in the center of the room, overlooking the mostly Sangheili bridge crew, with some Unggoy, and even a single, and, not to mention strange, green haired Jiralhanae overlooking a terminal next to the ship master.

"Ah, Ruso," the ship master said, turning around. His name was Xasze 'Tafamee. In reality, he was Ruso's father, but, due to the type of society the Sangheili had, Ruso did not know this. "I saw you arrive with your. . . guest." Xasze looked toward Twilight and bowed. "It is an honor, Highness."

"Thank you," Twilight said, trying to hide behind her mane.

"Of course," Xasze said with a bow. "If there is anything you require of myself or my crew while you are aboard, do not hesitate to ask."

"Well, do you think you could try to find a friend of mine," Twilight asked. "Ruso said that the humans might have her, and I think they may have her on one of their ships."

"We shall try our best," he said. "May I have a description of your friend, so that any soldiers I send will know to bring her here?"

"Yeah," Twilight said. "She has a white coat with a curled purple mane and tail, and a horn like mine. She also has three diamonds on her flank."

"Then I imagine it is a good thing my weapon officer already had a human ship in sight. Hades," he said, directing in to the Jiralhanae. "Have the weapons shoot to cripple the human ship. Navigation, once it is crippled, move us in and prepare troops for boarding action."

"Yes, ship master," the replied in the covenant language.

"Why does Hades have green fur?" Twilight asked.

"I do not know," Xasze said. "Hades, would you care to answer the question?"

"Of course, ship master," Hades said, and turned around. He looked down at Twilight who tried to hind behind Ruso's legs, which made him chuckle. "No need to fear me, Highness," he said with a bow in a deep voice. "I have more control over my instincts than the rest of my kind. To answer your question, it is a rare trait among my people, as most of them have brown or black fur."

"Oh," Twilight aid, coming out from behind. "Well, that's interesting. Why exactly are you the only one of your kind I've seen anyway?"

"Because the Sangheili and my kind do not exactly get along," Hades said. "I am one of the few of my kind on a Sangheili ship who has a high position."

"And I ma glad that you are on my ship, Hades," Xasze said, "for that means I can give you a greater task, one I also wish to give to Ruso here."

"And what task may the be, ship master," Ruso said with a bow.

"If her highness permits, the two of you will become her bodyguards." The three of them looked at Twilight, who, to her credit, didn't shrink or try to hide.

"I would gladly like them to be my bodyguards," she said.


". . . And they haven't left that duty since," Twilight said. "I mean, yeah, I was separated from them occasionally, but we eventually reunited."

"So, do we get to meet them, dear," Velvet asked her daughter.

"Yep," Twilight said with a smile. "In fact, they're a part of the squad."

"They did say they have an unorthodox squad makeup," Arion said. "Just wait until you meet the others."

"So, what happened next," Sweetie asked.

"Not much, really," Rarity said. "We, meaning the UNSC and myself, were able to push back the covenant forces and get away, which is when we used the escape pods to get to another ship, on which we escaped. Though, not after I had to pull the 'first contact' related cards to make sure Pawas wasn't shot and killed." As Rarity spoke, Arion contacted both her and Twilight over their comms, not having his hologram's mouth move.

"Girls, I'm using the infrared in your helmets, and I got something invisible to our right of the group," he said. "Pony shaped, and looks ot be about as tall as Celestia. What's the plan?"

Twilight stretched. "Got it," Arion said.

"Well, I do think it's time for lunch," Rarity said, getting up, passing by their right of the group, but not to close, as she made her way to the doors. Twilight got up and used her magic to pick up Arion's chip and put it in her helmet.

"Yeah. It'll be nice to get some actual food to eat," she said.

"Just to your left, Rares," Arion said to Rarity over the comms. "Just in your leg reach."

"So Celestia," Twilight said, "have the changelings been seen at all since we went missing?"

"The thing definitely has holes," Arion said.

"No," Celestia said. "Why?"

"Oh, we were just curious," Rarity said as she levitated her helmet on and activated a VISR upgrade that also highlighted em frequencies that were similar to magic signatures, as experiments done by UNSC scientists after the war with consent from both mares revealed that all spells had a similar base frequency, and the VISR upgrade scanned for it. Rarity chuckled to herself. "Well, that, and," she said as she, as much as a four legged being could, delivered a sweep kick to her left while Twilight cast a negation spell that instantly neutralized any active spell, which caused a flash of lavender light, blinding all but Rarity, whose helmet polarized to protect her eyes, and Twilight, who had closed her eyes just before it went off.

"This," Rarity said just as the light died down. Twilight had rushed next to Rarity, and, once the others looked to where they were, had their respective sidearms drawn, pointed at a particular changeling.

"Hello, Chrysalis," Twilight said, pushing her needler into the changeling queen's temple, but not firing. "Mind telling us how you got in here and why?"