• Published 18th Sep 2015
  • 1,049 Views, 11 Comments

Doctor Whooves and the Auton Invasion of Equestria - The Minister of Scones



The Doctor, newly regenerated and rather helpless, is shocked to discover that his place of exile isn't quite as safe as he thought. An old enemy has returned to Equestria, and only the Doctor and his new 'friends' stand in its way... Oh, crumbs.

  • ...
0
 11
 1,049

Prologue: A Long-Expected Delivery

Celestia’s sun rose high over the rooves of Ponyville, heralding yet another glorious summer’s day for her citizens. As its marmalade rays danced over the streets, all manner of small woodland creatures scurried through the undergrowth surrounding the Carousel Boutique, purveyors of items of fashion to some of the most popular and important ponies in the whole of Equestria. From time to time, at least. At the Boutique’s door stood an exceptionally beautiful young unicorn mare, with dazzling white fur and an immaculately styled purple mane. She was waving cheerfully to a small white filly, who was already scampering down the path away from the shop.

“Take care, Sweetie Belle!” she called, knowing full well that the girl would be oblivious to her, but doing her sisterly duty all the same, “Have a good day at school, dear!”

Sweetie was, however, long out of earshot by this time, her speed and eagerness to be reunited with her friends (she hadn't seen them for nearly twelve whole hours, after all) having carried her far away, and having also caused her to kick up large clouds of dust – which, Rarity realised, sighing, she would have to spend a sizeable portion of her evening trying to remove from her little sister’s coat.

Normally, at this point, she would have gone inside and begun work on one of her famous creations, but today she lingered outside. She was waiting for a very special delivery.

Right on time, a large delivery cart, with tall sides and a roof, pulled up outside. Embossed across the cart’s side in large gold letters, were the words ‘Auto Plastics’. A beam of delight crossed Rarity’s face, but she quickly regained her composure. She trotted over to the bearded earth pony pulling the cart – a pale yellow earth pony stallion with a ginger mane.

“You Miss Rarity?”, he drawled.

“I am she,” replied the mare, delicately, “have you brought them?”

“Sure have,” replied the courier, his vowels stretched across his mouth like hammocks, “six high-quality, poseable tailor’s dummies. Where d’ya wannem?”

Rarity tried desperately to control herself – she knew the cart’s contents, had ordered them days before; she was already dancing from hoof to hoof like a little filly at her birthday party. The stallion trotted round to the back of the cart, and opened its doors. He sprung lightly inside, and effortlessly picked up one of six white dummies, which he gently set on the ground outside. Rarity rushed forward in barely concealed joy, and picked up the dummy. She found she only needed one hoof. “Heavens,” she exclaimed, “it’s so light!”

“S’right, ma’am. Only weight’s in the hooves. Stops ‘em fallin’ over, see?” He kicked the dummy, which Rarity had now set down. Indeed, the dummy, although it tottered a little, remained stubbornly upright.

“Jus’ sign here, missy.” He offered her a pen, and held out an official looking document attached to a clipboard. Obediently, she levitated the pen and appended her signature.

Up to then, she had – more or less – restrained her excitement. By the time she had slipped the delivery pony a few bits – the Element of Generosity had a reputation to maintain, after all – and sent him on his way, she was already giddy with enchantment, using her magic to lift the dummies into her shop. The brand-new substance (‘plas-tik’ or something, she was sure), was lightly malleable, but also sturdy. Ideally suited to purpose, in fact, and she was already looking forward to using them in her Canterlot branch, provided she could get a lease on the property she had her eye on, of course. Of all the things that could happen, this was easily the best possible... well, except a commission from Fancy Pants... or another chance at a Photo Finish photo-shoot... now that would be something. Already absorbed in her thoughts, Rarity was blissfully unaware of the slight inclination of the head of one of the dummies she had placed in her workroom. As she pottered about, concerned only with her art, muttering and humming to herself, the dummy tilted its head from side to side, silently watching her every move.