• Published 21st Sep 2015
  • 2,911 Views, 58 Comments

Zombie Chronicles: New School - ZombieBrony22

  • ...
14
 58
 2,911

Friendship

I was walking Sunset back home for the first time. She lived in a small apartment by herself on some street near the school. I didn't understand who could approach her out here. I then saw someone our age walk into a door in Sunset's apartment and stopped when he saw her.

"Hi, Sunset!" He said.

"Hey, Oz." She said.

"You know this guy?" I asked.

"That's my roomate. He moved into the city a few weeks ago. I told him what he needed to know about me and he accepted." Sunset said.

"And he couldn't do this?" I asked.

"He would, but he has a leg injury, he can't walk straight." She said.

"Ah, I see. I guess we're here." I said.

"Yeah. Thanks, Jason." Sunset said.

"Of course." I said as I walked down to my house.

I unlocked and opened the door and saw my mom working on some college homework.

"You decided to try again?" I asked.

"Yeah. I hope I do good this time... Applejack said you should go over. Something about a meeting..." She said.

"Okay..." I said.


I made it to AJ's house and took a seat inside.

"What's the problem?" I asked.

"It's about Flash. Rarity went to talk to him and she's STILL not back. That was an hour ago, and she's not back." AJ said.

"Wait, are you saying what I think you're saying?" I asked.

"Either they have loooonng talks, or they're together." Pinkie said.

"And you're telling me this because...?" I asked.

"Because if this is true, Flash kinda already has a girlfriend." Rainbow said.

This is when I have a minor freakout.

"What?! Who?" I asked.

"Her name's Twilight. She's... not from around here." Sunset said from the door.

"Sunset?" Rainbow asked.

"Yeah, I'm here. I just saw Flash and Rarity in some food joint down the road. They were talking about Twilight in pretty good detail." Sunset said.

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

Then, Oz walked in.

"They were talking about how they would like to date, but they're worried about Twilight." He said.

"And who are you?" Rainbow asked.

"I'm Oz. I'm a friend of hers." Oz said pointing at Sunset.

"Well, what do we do? Do we tell this 'Twilight'?" I asked.

"Well... about that..." AJ said.

"She's an in and out student." Sunset said.

I gave her a glare hopefully letting her know that sounded wrong.

"An in and out student?"

"I- I mean she's barely here!" Sunset said blushing.

"Barely here? Why, is she a transfer student?" I asked.

"No. She... um... Trust me, it's REALLY hard to explain." Rainbow said.

"Can you give it to me in a nutshell?" I asked.

"Okay: Twilight and I are from anot--"

Rarity ran in.

"Hello." Rarity said panting for breath.

"You okay?" I asked.

"Yes. I'm just exhausted." Rarity said.

"I could see." Oz said.

"So, what is everyone talking about?" Rarity asked taking a seat.

"Is Flash outside?" Sunset asked.

"Now, why would he be?" Rarity asked chuckling nervously.

"Rarity, we know about you and Flash. Look, I don't know who Flash is, but I think you two should talk to this 'Twilight' first." I suggested.

"Wha-- I-- We--" Rarity stammered.

"You what?" I asked.

"ImighthavelikedhimbeforeTwilightcamehere!" Rarity panicked.

"Wait, this was between two weeks..." Sunset said.

"Yes, it... it was in between that timeline, darling. I talked to Flash and helped him when you... He doesn't know what he and Twilight have yet." Rarity said.

"Rarity... I think you should wait." Sunset said.

"Wait for what?" Rarity asked.

"For Twilight! Talk to her whenever she comes back." Sunset said.

"She's right. You don't wanna start this and see Twilight devastated if this is what Sunset says it is. And that's best case. She could KILL you, Rarity-- and I mean KILL you." Oz said.

"Look, we aren't dating. I'll take your advice, okay? But I just need time to THINK." Rarity said.

"Can... can you let him in, Jason?" Sunset asked.

"Sure." I said walking up to the door.

I opened the door and I saw Flash, a kid with a jacket similar to Sunset's, blue, spikey hair, and a worried look on his face.

"Can the rest of you please go upstairs?" Sunset asked looking down.

"Sunset, I don't--" Oz started saying.

"Oz! Please, all of you." Sunset said sharply.

We went up and I listened from the staircase.

"Sunset. I know how you feel about this. Please know that--"

"I asked for it. I was a monster-- to you more than anyone. I don't blame you for talking to her. But Flash... you KNOW how Twilight feels about you. It'll break her." Sunset said.

"Wait, you're not... mad?" Flash asked.

"She didn't say it, but I know that's why you dumped me, and to be honest, I expected it. Back then, I was mad, but now I get it. You need to let that go, Flash, I'm not mad, but Twilight WILL be." Sunset said.

I heard Flash sigh.

"Look, I know that I wasn't exactly the best boyfriend either, Sunset."

"It wasn't you. You were right to dump me." Sunset said.

"Yeah, but what I said--"

"You had to say them. I'm not mad, and I never will be." Sunset said.

Author's Note:

DISCLAIMER: This is a message that was recomended my my editor: This story doesn't have one simple plot. It's like life, where there are several things happening at once. This and the other two story arcs so far will co-exist with one another, later chapters will show this.