• Published 17th Sep 2015
  • 3,803 Views, 117 Comments

More Related Than You Know - Skye Mist



Life is about to be turned upside down for two former students of Princess Celestia.

  • ...
13
 117
 3,803

Dreading the Meeting

'I wish I could turn back time!' Sunset thought for the thousandth time since waking up to find her sheets drenched in sweat. 'Then, I wouldn't have made the choice to go! Ugh! Why does life hate me?!' She knew wishing and complaining wouldn't help, but it was better than panicking about her first meeting with Princess Celestia since she abandoned her studies.

On the other hand, Twilight was psyched to go. She had so many questions about the quickly planned meeting and about Sunset's new wings as well. She kept on staring at the clock and the front doors, awaiting the chariot Princess Celestia had insisted they take. The usually patient princess was impatiently waiting.

"Ugh! If I wait any longer, I'll go crazy!" Twilight complained as she paced in front of the doors.

"I think you already did," Spike muttered under his breath.

"Huh? What was that, Spike?"

"Nothing!"

"Okaay."

Finally, she heard the sound of hooves. She practically threw the door open on poor Spike. If the door had regular hinges, they would have been torn off. Luckily, the hinges were made of crystal, like the rest of the castle.

"Oops. Sorry, Spike."

Twilight's attention was taken from Spike as the royal guards bowed and one of them began to speak.

"Princess Twilight, we are ready to depart to Canterlot whenever you are ready."

"Thank you, gentlemen. We'll be right out."

Twilight checked Sunset's room only to find it locked. She tried using her magic to open the door, but to no avail.

"That's peculiar," Twilight said to herself. "Sunset, are you in there?"

A distracted Sunset answered from inside the room. "Yeah, I'm here. What is it?"

"The chariot is here to take us to Canterlot."

Sunset sighed. "Okay. I'll be right out."

"I'll be up front if you go to look for me."

Sunset finally dragged her gaze from her new wings. 'I'll never get used to these things.' She double checked herself in the mirror. She didn't want Princess Celestia to think that her former student lacked dignity and respect. She made her way to the front. Twilight had helped her learn the illusion spell, so the guards didn't notice anything unusual about her as she got in the chariot. The chariot took off, and Sunset wondered about what Princess Celestia's reaction would be to her wings. Sunset wondered why Princess Celestia even wanted to see her. Hopefully, it wasn't to punish her. Sunset tried to have hope, but she couldn't get the nagging feeling of dread and foreboding out of her mind.

"Have a nice trip!" Spike called as the chariot lifted into the sky.

"We'll try," Sunset murmured.

************

Meanwhile, Princess Celestia stared out the window of the throne room, awaiting her two former students. She was grateful no one saw her, for a tear fell to the floor while she was lost in thought. She heard a light knock on the throne room's doors. The princess almost didn't notice, that is until a second knock followed the first.

"Enter."

Princess Celestia's gaze never left the window. She didn't need to turn around to see who it was, for she already knew. "What are you doing here, Luna?"

"Is that any way to greet your sister?" Princess Luna asked with fake indignation as she walked over to her sister. Luna spoke again, but this time, she spoke with seriousness. No playfulness remained in her voice. "To answer your question, I am here to ask you something."

"What is it, Luna?"

"Are you sure this is the right time to tell them?" Luna asked quietly.

Celestia stiffened at the question, but her voice betrayed none of her emotions. "Yes, I believe this is the perfect time to tell them." Luna noticed her sister's emphasis on the word 'perfect'. Celestia paused and sighed. She resumed, but with none of her previous hardness. In fact, to Luna, it seemed sad and desolate. "Even if they hate me for lying to them, I must tell them the truth sooner or later." Celestia was no longer facing the window and Luna could see a depressed look in her eyes. Luna wished that there was a way she could help lighten her sister's mood, but she knew it was best if Twilight Sparkle and Sunset Shimmer knew the truth sooner. Suddenly, she had an idea.

"Tia, if it's okay with you, can I join you in this meeting?"

That did the trick. Celestia smiled at Luna and nodded. Celestia felt better, knowing that Luna would be beside her when the confession was out. Their moment of peace was shattered when somepony knocked on the door. This time, it was Luna who answered.

"Enter."

A guard entered and bowed. "Your Majesty, Princess Twilight Sparkle and Sunset Shimmer are here for the meeting."

Looking at Celestia and seeing the stiff posture she put herself in, Luna answered, "Would you send them in here please? And make sure no one disturbs us?"

"As you wish, Your Majesty."

Turning to her older sister, she asked, "Are you sure this is what you want, Tia?"

Celestia's voice was full of pain, but it also held a firmness. There was no reasoning with her to make her turn back. "I'm positive, Lulu."

As much as Luna wanted to smile because her sister had used her nickname, she couldn't when she looked at Celestia's depressed state. She knew it wasn't going to be easy for her sister to confess her secret to Twilight and Sunset, but that was why she was there. Luna wanted to spare Tia some of the pain and be the one to tell them. Of course, there was bound to be accusations and questions. Luna wanted to answer those questions, if only for her sister to be spared the pain. In truth, she wanted Tia to be in a different room and for Luna to be the one to confess the secret. Tia helped Luna get past her fear of turning back into Nightmare Moon, and this could be her way of saying 'thank you'. However, Celestia already made her stand and Luna knew she wouldn't be inclined to do as Luna wanted. Luna stared out the window along with Celestia and what they saw was...shocking, to say the least.

Author's Note:

As some of you might notice, I added a 'Sad' tag and also Princess Luna's character tag. Originally, I wanted this story to be only three chapters, but I changed my mind. :scootangel:
So...enjoy the story!:twilightsmile: