• Published 21st Sep 2015
  • 5,231 Views, 105 Comments

A Golden Drive Through Equestria - Psyga315



I'm dressed as an egotistical mad scientist while wearing an egotistical mad scientist that's a belt. I'm also teaching at high school, complete with all the cliches that you see on the Disney Channel. What can go wrong?

  • ...
18
 105
 5,231

Interlude 1

Author's Note:

This is the first Displaced Crossover I had. In this case, it is with blazikenking, with their character Kamen Rider Buki.

I thank blazikenking, as they wrote two of the scenes in this chapter, and for that, I give them kudos.

Also, this is the first interlude chapter. It's meant to bridge between two arcs, as well as hint towards things that will happen in the next arc. Sort of like a preview.

With that, enjoy.

I want to be strong.

“Reports say that there’s some wild animal out in the downtown area.” Soarin’ said as we drove down the streets near the Canterlot Shopping Centre in the middle of the night. There had been heavy construction going on to fill in the sinkhole and the mall. I sighed and looked out for anything out of the ordinary. That’s when I saw something.

A severed arm.

“Stop!” I said to Soarin’. He stopped the car and we got out. I looked at the severed arm closely. It was… metallic. Silver. Robotic.

A Roidmude?” Banno asked. We heard trash cans being tossed down as Soarin’ got his gun out.

“Freeze!” Soarin’ shouted. A man walked out… Or rather, he limped out. He straggled out like a zombie, his clothes ripped, and one of his eyes was glowing a dark red. I noticed his arm was replaced by a large, black arm with claws on the end.

“I don’t think he’s intent on freezing.” I heard the man snarl out. As he looked at us, he roared and his body exploded in a cloud of dark smoke. When the smoke cleared, I could see that it was a Roidmude… However, his head was replaced with that of a wolf’s, white bone-like spikes jutted out of arms and legs, while the wolf’s face was hidden by a mask with thin red lines going in a pattern and bright orange eyes. I could see the number plate on the Roidmude: 093.

“Get down!” I shouted before the Roidmude shot out slowdown particles. Both me and Soarin’ managed to get down okay.

“So this is Slowdown, huh?” Soarin’ said. I nodded.

“Yeah. Keep that Shift Car close to you, got it?” I looked to Soarin’s belt as it on the side, there was a metal case which had three slots for a Shift Car to go in, one of them being filled by the police Shift Car, Justice Hunter.

“Got it! I’ll cover you!” Soarin’ got out his gun and fired at the Roidmude. He blocked the fire as I ran in. My hand hovered over the ignition. I thought back to the conversation I had with Banno. No. Not gonna risk letting Banno lose just for one feral Roidmude. I punched the monster in the face, then somersaulted for a kick.

“Alright! Go, Monster!” I shouted as I took out a Shift Car from my own case and threw it at the Roidmude. Massive Monster jumped up and crashed down onto the Roidmude, creating aural fangs that crunched the Roidmude. However, the Roidmude slashed them away, along with the Shift Car. The bullets that Soarin’ fired seemed to work on him, however. The Roidmude groaned and I could see some sort of dark smoke excrete from what were obviously wounds.

However, we didn’t seem to hurt him enough. The Roidmude clawed at me and knocked me down. I got up, though the pain from the slash was too much.

Again with this ‘I don’t wanna fight’ nonsense? You’re gonna die pretty quickly.” Banno said. I struggled to get up. The Roidmude was about to attack me when I suddenly heard something that shouldn’t have been possible.

TURN! DRIFT KAITEN!” The announcement was followed by a familiar sounding series of slashes against the Roidmude’s back, causing a small shower of black sparks. The Roidmude fell forward from the surprise attack, revealing a black figure with a hooded jacket. Her jacket was red, short sleeved, and appeared to be armored. The armor design was one Banno and I easily recognized, even if it was only on the jacket. The tire design on the left shoulder and the face on the helmet just drove the image home. The only immediate strange thing was the thin, curved horn on the face.

Under the jacket was a black form with a white skeleton design on it. The skeleton pattern was made of various types of weapons, from the shotgun profiles on the thighs to the spears on the forearms. On the chest was a faded green crosshair design. On her waist was a big gold thing that looked like a Driver, but not one I’d seen. I remember bits about the Kamen Rider after Drive, and this looked like it had elements of that Rider’s belt, namely the handle on its owner’s right side and the eye shaped object in it. There was a protrusion on the left side that looked like a scythe blade. The middle had some familiar looking parts I couldn’t quite place though.

The Roidmude growled as it got back up, turning around to face its assailant, along with the Break Gunner, Lupin Gunner, Blade Gunner, Zenrin Shooter, and Door Gun. All five firearms were just floating in front of the new Rider, who seemed unaffected by the slowdown.

“What will you do, monster?” the new Rider spoke. “Will you fight me and my friends, or will you run and hide?” I could tell, even as far away as I was, that her voice had a tone of horror to it. Horror that wasn’t born of fear, anger, or hatred, but something else. And much to both my surprise and Soarin’s, 093 ran away, a tail it now had between its legs. The slowdown also came to an end. I couldn’t let the strange Roidmude get away, but I didn’t want to henshin in order to chase it myself, so I sent Dimension Cab after it.

I made my way up to the strange character with the Drive hoodie. “Who are you?”

She said nothing, but rather backed up, along with almost every weapon from Kamen Rider Drive, allowing a motorcycle to come out of the ground. She got on the motorcycle before answering. “Kamen Rider Buki.” Without a sound, she sped off, the bike floating with no apparent means of flight. She was soon over the speed limit and going through red lights, literally. She looked like she was just passing right through the traffic lights.

“What do you think that was about, Banno?” I asked my belt. I didn’t get an immediate answer and looked down at him. “Banno?” The display was covered in gold static and digital malfunction sounds were coming from him. “Oh thank God…” I muttered before Banno activated again.

My apologies, I was just fuming over that Rider having those weapons and technology… Just who is she!?” He asked.

“An ally.” Soarin’ said. “She helped fight that monster, right I mean, yeah, she totally just broke the traffic law, but really? She’s a valuable ally right now.” He asked. I nodded.

“Alright, let’s follow the Roidmude.” I said. I looked at the Tridoron. Seemed to be the right size to run over the monster if I encountered him again. I ran back to the Tridoron and drove off, Soarin’ following me.


I want to be feared.

In the halls of a burned down mansion, a dozen of Roidmudes stood around. Some sat in chairs while others were chatting among themselves.

“Finally!” A Bat-Type Roidmude with the numbering of 106 said.

“Aaargh, what are you so happy about?” A red Roidmude with light blue swirls covered all around him replied.

“006 finally kicked the bucket!” 106 said. The Advanced Roidmude chuckled.

“Wow, good news indeed.” He said.

“It’s even better, Tornado! 007’s going to lead the next Roidmude legion! The Fusion Roidmudes! I’m going to be a part of it!” The low-class Roidmude cheered.

“Unfortunately…” The two Roidmudes turned to see a young adult. Despite his youthful age, his appearance looked rather sickly and skinny. His long black hair was so parted, it felt like he hadn’t cleaned it in over a year. It didn’t quite help that the clothing he had was quite literally a hospital gown. “This body I’ve synchronized with is going to take a while to… adjust.” He said.

“S-synchronized? What happened to Fusion?” 106 asked.

“If I were to find a human host for a Fusion, I might end up with a completely different form. If I am to have a chance against Banno and his puppet, I have to retain my original form. The Roidmude King said that this body would help fine tune that form’s power…” He said.

“The Roidmude King’s lying! That body is so weak! Why did you even pick a sick person from a hospital?” 106 asked.

“Hey!” A woman’s voice barked, grabbing the Roidmudes’ attention. She was completely hidden in shadows. “Don’t you dare insult our lord like that.” She said.

“What’s she doing here?” Tornado asked.

“That’s what I’m here to tell you, Tornado.” 007 said. “Since I’m not going, you’re gonna lead the new wave of Roidmudes in my place.” As he said that, several Roidmudes marched out behind 007. They were outfitted with a brown cape that looked similarly to a cockroach’s shell. A few have a large red claw while the others had scythes.

“The Reaper Legion? So… that means…” Tornado muttered.

“Exactly. 006’s Grim Reaper turned traitor. Ergo, The Roidmude King saw fit to send her to take his place.” He said.

“She can send them to their deaths. I’m not gonna carry that burden.” Tornado turned around. “You hear that, mam? You’re the leader now.” He said.

“106, you may follow Tornado if you wish.” 007 said. “If you’re that eager to fight, then go ahead.” He said.

“Yes! Thank you!” 106 said. 007 walked away as 106 held up a dark red Shift Car that was shaped like a bat.

“So even 007 realized how dumb Fusion is.” Tornado said.

“What are talking about?” 106 asked.

“It’s a counterproductive means to evolve. Ever wonder why so few Roidmudes ever considered using it? It’s hard to find a human with a dark enough heart to fuse with. Especially in the world we’re invading. And then you end up wasting your Viral Core if you get split up. Now, an Advanced Roidmude form is the way to go… All you have to do is fulfill whatever human emotion fills you up and BOOM! Golden body all around.” Tornado said.

“Well you know what?! I’ll find a human with a heart dark enough to enable my evolution and I’ll show you that Fusion is superior to Advanced!” 106 said as he stormed off.

“Hmph, challenge accepted.” Tornado said. As he was about to leave, the woman spoke up again.

“Tornado, if we end up crossing paths again,” she began to growl as Tornado could hear something sizzle. “I prefer that you call me sir.”


I want to be powerful.

We followed the monster over to the construction site of the mall, right where the cement had been put into the sinkhole. As the monster turned to me, I revved up the Tridoron and tried to run down the Roidmude, only for him to slash at the hood, causing it to flip over and crash on its top. I struggled to get out as the monster slowly came to me, not even minding the bullet shots that attacked him.

There were actually a lot of bullets. Way more than all the guns in Drive could fire together. As I wormed my way out of the Tridoron, I saw Buki, though now she was wearing a jacket and had a face like DekaRed. In her hand was D-Sword Vega, and floating around her was every single gun from the Dekarangers’ arsenal, all pointed at the Roidmude, which thankfully was not paying attention to me. Again.

Once again, I heard Banno fuming. After he managed to calm down a bit, he spoke up. "Where is she getting these weapons from? And how is she making them float like that?"

“I have no idea, Banno” I said. “But I’m starting to get the odd feeling it’s not science.”

The guns hovered off after the odd Roidmude and Buki stopped by me. “Are you just going to lay there on the floor, or are you going to help me and my friends?” She never looked in my direction, but it was clear she was talking to me.

“What?”

“Does it feel good to mope there when you have the means to fight? Or are you simply afraid to lose yourself?” I couldn’t bring myself to answer her. “I’m sure you’ll find your fight soon enough.” She pointed D-Sword Vega at the Roidmude and jumped. It looked like the sword was pulling her through the air towards the Roidmude.

As Buki fought the Roidmude, I let my thoughts work. Every time I had used the henshin before, I had run the risks I was now aware of. Even after discovering Gold Conversion and switching control of my body with Banno, I kept fighting. In a moment of peace, I realized it was my ruthless fight with Nerve that was, well, getting on my nerves.

I had to fight. I also had to control my ruthlessness. I could fight without stress with the ruthlessness at my side, and as long as I kept it there only in the fights.

My breakthrough came just in time, as I saw Buki flying backwards across my field of vision before she crashed into a generator. Her weapons followed soon after. Before I knew what I was doing, I was up on my feet and my hand was on the ignition.

“Henshin!” I turned the ignition and became Gold Drive. I used Gold Conversion once to summon the Signal Axe and again to summon the Break Gunner. Banno was in control and he charged in, knuckle gun firing at the Roidmude. Black sparks came from the savage machine from each shot, and more came from an upward axe slash. Banno kept at it for a full minute before I got slashed and knocked back, stopping next to Buki.

“You don’t hunt werewolves with those weapons,” she said. “a rifle is much better.”

I don’t have a rifle.” Banno said.

“Yes you do.” Buki took the weapons out of my hands, and before Banno could get them back, she had plugged the Brake Gunner’s barrel into the base of the Signal Axe’s handle, aimed, and fired a shot at the Roidmude. The shot was powerful and knocked the Roidmude on its back, where it spasmed a bit.

Banno grabbed the rifle with my hands and hit the Advanced Ignition, relinquishing control to me. I was about to charge in with my axe rifle (I think I understand why Ross likes his scythe so much now) when I heard something from Buki. I looked over as she opened her Driver like the DecaDriver and pulled out the eye-like thing in it, causing her DekaRed jacket and face to disappear, along with all the weapons she had. Her Driver gave off an eerie sound after the eye was removed. I saw that the weapon skeleton pattern in its entirety was made of weapons, and under where the DekaRed and Drive faces originally were was a silver mesh that looked like a fencer’s mask, slightly recessed into the helmet.

She pulled out another mechanical eye thing, colored red, blue, yellow, green, black, gold, and silver, pressed a button on the side, flipping the purple iris inside it to a purple iris with a white Go-Onger logo over it. She set it into the Driver and closed the sides, causing it to chant “target in sight” in a tone that put me on edge. A silver ghost-like jacket flew out of the belt and hovered behind Buki before she pulled out the handle on her right and pushed it back in. As the belt announced “Go-Onger!”, I could hear a revving engine sound effect and the sound of a firey explosion. The silver jacket set itself on Buki, and a face flipped up, along with a scythe blade-like horn. The face was that of Go-On Silver’s helmet.

"You changed jackets?" Banno asked. "Is that all you can do?"

“No.” Buki said before pressing down on the lever on the left side of her Driver, causing numerous balls of light to come out of the Driver, all of which turned into the Go-Onger’s weapons. “Super Highway Buster, please.” At her polite order, five unique weapons flew together, forming the team cannon she asked for. “Everyone else, please go support our Roidmude friend. We need him standing up.”

The weapons that weren’t part of the Super Highway Buster went out to the Roidmude and picked it up. It was clearly dazed, but was quickly recovering.

“Do you have a plan?” I asked Buki. Clearly, she had stuff going on in her head.

“Use these.” Buki held up Rumble Dump and Signal Magarl with one hand.

"How did you get those?" Banno asked.

“I found them.” Buki tossed the little vehicles up into the air, and they started driving along their little roads, slotting themselves into the rifle. Rumble Dump went to the Break Gunner and Magarl went to the Signal Axe. I pressed the button on the axe’s handle.

"Wait for it!" Oh yeah, this one had a delay to it. I looked at the Roidmude, back on its feet and ready to attack once again.

I looked over at Buki and I saw her pull out and push in the violet handle, causing the Driver to announce "Go-Onger, Omega Drive!", which was followed by her being pulled forward by the Super Highway Buster, and the uncombined weapons made her let go of the giant blaster, then made her move until she was standing on the Road Saber. The Super Highway Buster also aimed itself away from the Roidmude.

"Go for it!" I turned my attention back to the Roidmude and pulled the Break Gunner’s trigger. A yellow drill formed at the end of the rifle’s barrel, quickly growing to two feet wide before launching. A moment later, the Super Highway Buster fired on its own, the shot launching Buki by her foot, sending her into a Rider Kick. Her foot flew into the back of the drill, sending it off course and underground, pulling her with it.

The Roidmude took advantage of my distracted gaze to run away. It was fast and I lost sight of it. "Good job, Kelly. You let 093 get away. Good job.” Banno’s sarcasm was not lost on me, and I could just imagine a slow clap accompanying his remarks.

I heard something crash from further inside the construction site and looked in its direction. I saw the Roidmude get launched into the air, propelled by the drill, Buki still attached to it, though now in a proper kick pose. I followed her arc, which was coming right my way. I dove to the side seconds before impact, the Roidmude exploding from the force of the drill kick, the black and red 093 core weakly floating off. I hit it with a shot from the rifle, causing it to blow up into a puff of black smoke.

“Well, that happened...” I remarked just as my time ran out and the armor went away. “So, can I see who you are under that armor?”

“Do you like having night terrors? Weeks of insomnia? Hearing things that are and are not there?” Buki asked me.

“No. Nobody likes having those things.”

“Then I bid you adieu. Spirit!” Buki’s bike flew down next to her, she got on it, and then drove into the ground, like she was a ghost.

When Soarin’ caught up to Banno and me, I was still staring at the ground where Buki disappeared. Banno’s display was blank, probably because he was in a similar mental state as me: confused, perplexed, and dumbfounded.

"This night's just getting weirder and weirder..." Soarin' said. I slowly turned around to see Soarin' hold a rifle. "Sorry I took a while to get here, but I noticed something as we were leaving the scene. Seemed those Roidmudes were in possession of this. It's not a gun we recognize." Soarin' said. I inspected the rifle... It looked like an assault rifle from Halo. However, I had a question unrelated to that one... I looked back to the ground where Kamen Rider Buki went in.

Was she the higher up that Niko talked of?


Ross slept peacefully in a bed as the girl who found him gently brushed his hair. She smirked. He would definitely be a useful asset for her ambition.

“Sunset, it’s time for bed!” The girl heard her mother call to her.

“In a minute, mom!” Sunset shouted to her. She left Ross to rest as she went to her room.

Entering the room, Sunset looked at the night sky. Sure enough, the moon was in prime position. She had waited a while for this time. She took out a suitcase from under her bed, making sure everything was ready for tomorrow. As she spotted her burglar clothes, she hid them under the bed.

Sunset Shimmer looked at herself in the mirror. She closed her eyes and remembered when she was in Canterlot, looking at a similar mirror. In it, it showed her as a winged unicorn with immense power. She slightly touched the mirror and smiled as she muttered out…

“I want to be strong... I want to be feared... I want to be powerful.”