• Published 16th Sep 2015
  • 533 Views, 9 Comments

The Ship that Sailed in the Sea - Queen Fangirl



Two stallions came and followed Starlight Glimmer, they tried to find what they were missing. But after much search, they realized that it was in front of them all along. A little PartyDiamond fanfic to kill my boredom and feed my fangirl fantasies.

  • ...
0
 9
 533

The Heart that Hated the Horse

Double Diamond came out of the bakery with a paper bag and sat down on a chair, sharing a table with his friend Night Glider. "Sorry it took so long, the line was pretty long. On the opening day, too."

"Tell me about it," the mare remarked. "Sugar's place is pretty much exploding right now. That mare's got some talent, and it's only been a day after we got our cutie marks back. Like, seriously," - she reached over for the bag and pulled out a raspberry muffin - "these things are invading my dreams. Sweet Celestia, I keep throwing my bits out for half a cookie." She took an enormous bite out of the baked good and a dream-like mist filled her eyes.

The snow-white stallion chuckled and pulled out his own muffin. "You should've seen her face. She was so shocked, but it's like she's having the time of her life in there. Baking sure keeps her happy."

"I bet it does," Night Glider said through a full mouth, "nopony's gonna be happy with doing nothing for the rest of their life, especially if they really want to do it." She swallowed. "I was pretty depressed with my life even after Starlight came around. I dunno what I was thinking, but then again, I don't think any of us did."

The sudden subject on the village's former dictator made Double Diamond flinch. "Oh, y-yeah, I didn't know what I was doing, either. Haha, Starlight was terrible, wasn't she? Trying to force us to give up ourselves to her, really? Why would she do that? I bet in the West that's practically illegal, with them being more structured and all. And level-headed. More common sense, right? I mean, not like you or Sugar Belle or Party Favor or anypony in this village don't have those things, or else we'd pretty much be burning these houses down, and we still wouldn't be here - "

Night Glider stuffed a muffin in his mouth. "Woah. D-man. More facts, less yaps." She withdrew her hoof and put on a concerned look on her face. "What's up? You don't look like the antsy type."

"Hahahahaha, what are ya talking about?"

"Yooouuuu...are a secret agent?"

"What? Of course not - "

"Read cheesy romance novels for a hobby?"

"No - "

"Secretly a sugoi kawaii desu shoujo magical mare!"

"Stop speaking Japonese."

Night Glider stared into her friend for a few moments, trying to comprehend what his problem was. Then her eyes lit up and her mouth silently made an "ohhhh". "You're still crushing on Starlight, aren't you? Dude, she's a hypocritical sociopath, what do you still possibly see in her?"

"No she is NOT!"

Passing by ponies stopped and glanced at the two equines sitting by the bakery. Double Diamond turned pink and hung his head in embarrassment. As everyone else shrugged it off and went on with their day, he lowered his voice. "S-Sorry. I mean, I know. She is."

The pegasus mare recovered from the surprise and gave a small sad smile. "I'm sorry, too. I guess you still really like her, I shouldn't have touched on it so badly."

He chuckled drlyly. "I still love her, even if she tore out my heart, ripped it to two, and shoved it down my throat. Frickin' head doesn't let you choose who you fall for."

"I guess not."

"You guess?"

"I mean," - she tapped the table a bit, a habit of her's when thinking - "yeah, you can't really choose who to go head over heels for. You can't really choose whether or not you fall in love at all. There's this colt I went out with a while back. He would write down a bunch of notes for me, a bunch of cheesy but romantic things. The one that I really liked? 'You will always be my sun princess.' When we broke up and he implied that I wasn't good enough for him? Ouch, it stung. All those notes for nothing, huh? Things turned from 'your mane is beautiful and you're fun to hang out with' to 'you're always showing off and talking so casually to other colts'. So yeah, he didn't really trust me. And I was depressed everyday after that. I would listen to sappy songs and walk out in the rain without a jacket or anything, and strangers who saw me would tell me not to do anything stupid. Well, stupider than walking in the rain without clothes, anyway.

"One day, I didn't know where I was going, so I ended up in this...forest, I guess. Then Starlight came around, telling me something about getting rid of my cutie mark and living a better life or something like that. I was too much in a lousy mood to really listen, I just wanted to stop feeling emotional pain. So I accepted, and look at me, I'm cutie markless. And even then I still didn't feel any better...until I met Sugar Belle. She was my cheerleader. Whenever I felt like giving up, Sugar would encourage me. I still remember that one thing she said that was the only thing that kept me going: 'Life is 10% of what happens and 90% of how you react to it. If you stop, that next 90% will never be worth it. And even if you keep bumping into obstacles, you're still way ahead of everyone who isn't trying.' I think that was the line that made me realize that my ex-coltfriend never said anything like that to me. Whenever I feel down, he just looks around awkwardly and make some remarks about how things aren't that bad. So I let him go."

Double Diamond tilted his head ever so slightly. "Lesson is?"

"Falling in love isn't a decision, whether you stay in love is. Also, walking in the rain can change the 90% of your life. I guess Starlight was good for one thing: Bringing us all together. I'm glad I met you and Party Favor and Sugar Belle."

The ski pony thought for a moment. He admitted that he was a bit in denial. He saw Starlight Glimmer betray them, right with his own eyes. And he still didn't let go. She always complimented him when he did something "right", even though afterwards she would tell everyone the same thing to keep things "equal", and he has to say that he didn't feel miserable as much after joining the village. Whether her attitude towards him was genuine or not was meaningless to his emotions, even though his head would say otherwise.

The stallion stretched a little and said, "So, since I have no shame in changing the subject, about you and Sugar Belle...you never told me you had a thing for her."

"Shut up, you're saying it too loud!" Night Glider hissed, which then turned into a giggle. "Fine. Well, yeah, I gotta confess..."

"...whenever I see her I turn to a mess!" he sang. The two laughed and continued chatting about it, and while it was a great distraction from his conflict, it didn't make him forget it completely.

~ * ~

"Hey Party Favor."

"Yeah?"

"Have you ever...fallen for someone before?"

"...yeah. But then we realized we were better off as just friends, and it's more of a brother-sister like relationship now."

"Oh, Sugar Belle?"

"Yeah. Why do you ask?"

"Oh, nothing. I was just wondering."

Author's Note:

Building up some things, I know this is going slow, but patience is the key to get your OTP satisfaction. :P

Comments ( 3 )

6459019 Don't worry, I plan to upload at the very least a chapter per month :raritywink:

I just realized that this was a flashback, wow my stupid head didn't realize that the weird disconnect inbetween the two chapters was because of a flashback. HOW COME MY STORY COULDN'T BE AS GREAT AS THIS ONE?!

6472179 They added character tags for Double Diamond and Party Favor.

Login or register to comment