• Published 16th Sep 2015
  • 532 Views, 5 Comments

Anim's Adventures in Equestria - Animatorsnake



What would happen if a being with limitless power regenerates into a pony. Well this happened to Anim, with fragmented memories of the past, he lives in the town of Ponyville and sees what it's like being a pony, or could it all be a lie.

  • ...
13
 5
 532

There's Always Time for Muffins (Edited)

Author's Note:

This is part 1 of chapter 8 and the story continues the same day from chapters 6 and 7.

Canterlot, Canterlot Train Station; 3:00pm

Hello my name is Derpy Hooves, or Ditzy Doo which Doctor Whooves likes to call me sometimes, Doctor Whooves and I arrived back from another planet that the doctor promised to bring me to, but when we returned to Ponyville he said the TARDIS sensed some strange energy readings coming from Ponyville but it shortly moved to Canterlot and it stopped moving, so now we’re going to find the location of this energy source, how did it go again? Oh right, it all started when we arrived at Canterlot Station.

“Doctor, why are we here again?” asked Derpy.

“As I said my dear assistant,” said Doctor Whooves, “whatever this strange energy source the TARDIS sensed it doesn’t belong to this world and if we don’t remove it, it’ll cause tremendous trouble.”

I followed Doctor Whooves and we reached Princess Celestia’s castle, I heard that ponies from all over Equestria are mad that the princesses haven’t taken action to the mysterious meteors that crashed all over Equestria but it looked like something was going on inside and all the guards and staff were running left and right, but when I looked away from the Doctor he started sneaking through.

“Doctor Whooves, what are you doing?!” said Derpy.

“My sonic screwdriver says that the energy source is coming from inside that castle,” said Doctor Whooves pointing with his hoof. “So come on, I need help getting over this wall.”

I sighed and help Doctor Whooves up, after that I flew over and we headed through the castle doors while the other guards were distracted by the mob of ponies. When we entered the castle most of the hallways were empty, strange but as I followed Doctor Whooves we accidentally bumped into a pony maid.

“Who are you two?”

“Uh, we… are,” said Derpy, stuttering.

“My name is Doctor Whooves, this is my assistant Ms. Doo,” said Doctor Whooves.

“A doctor, oh thank Celestia we need help, somepony is injured from internal bleeding and we need a doctor desperately,” said the maid pony, “please this way!”

As we followed the maid pony, she led us to a guest room with ponies outside it, I recognized Twilight and her friends, Princesses Celestia and Luna but as for the weird looking gray creature I wasn’t sure what he was, but that’s when the maid pony mentioned our names.

“Princesses Celestia and Luna I found us a doctor, he was wandering inside the castle grounds.”

“How did he enter the castle!?” shouted Luna, questioning their sudden appearance.

“We have no time for that Luna, can he help us?” asked Celestia.

“Indeed I can, my name is Doctor Whooves and my assistant Ditzy Doo,” said Doctor Whooves.

“You can call me Derpy, princesses,” said Derpy as she bowed down.

“Now may we see the patient?” asked Doctor Whooves.

“Hold on for one second,” said Rainbow hoovering in front of Doctor Whooves. “Derpy how do you know this pony?”

“Oh well I, um,” said Derpy.

“We have no time for this Rainbow,” said Applejack, “please help our friend Anim, Mr. Whooves.”

“I’ll do my best,” said Doctor Whooves.

As me and the Doctor entered the room, inside we saw a bed with a mahogany pony rested on the bed, as I closed the door behind us Doctor Whooves pulled out his sonic screwdriver and began using it as he stood above this Anim pony.

“Doctor what are you doing, we need to help this pony,” said Derpy, afraid that they might be caught.

“We don’t need to, this pony is completely fine,” said Doctor Whooves.

“Wait, what do you mean he’s fine?” asked Derpy confused.

“His organs and insides are healed as if they… regenerated, this not the doing of magic my dear assistant,” said Doctor Whooves, “but I can’t find any energy traces on this pony and the sonic screwdrivers says that there should be an energy signature in this room.”

I looked around while the Doctor tinkered with his screwdriver then I noticed a book, it was just right there nothing odd about it but, for some reason I felt an odd feeling when I saw that book, the kind of feeling you get when you hear a creepy noise that kind of feeling but, I had this curious feeling to open and read the book so I slowly moved to the book and was about to open it when the door slammed open.

“I KNEW IT, YOU NEVER MEANT TO HELP OUR FRIEND!” shouted Rainbow as she charged right at the Doctor.

“Oh dear,” said Doctor Whooves.

Rainbow rammed right into Doctor Whooves and lifted him to the ceiling as they both started fighting each other, good thing me and Applejack were able to stop them from continuing to fight. Afterwards Celestia had her guards tie Doctor Whooves down and since Fluttershy and Rainbow knew me, they left me alone while Doctor Whooves on the other hoof…

“Why am I the only one tied up!?” shouted Doctor Whooves.

“Because I don’t trust you and I know Derpy,” said Rainbow restrained by Applejack. “You can stop trying to stop me AJ.”

“If you say so Rainbow,” said Applejack, letting go of Rainbow Dash.

“Now that we are all done, who are you really?” asked Twilight, questioning to know why Doctor Whooves is really here.

“You wouldn’t be able to understand and if I did tell you, it probably will disturb you a little,” said Doctor Whooves.

“Try us we’ve seen worse,” said Rainbow.

“If you say so,” said Doctor Whooves, “your so called friend here, isn’t of this world I actually don’t even know what or where he even comes from but, I believe he’s the source of the strange energy readings I’ve seen.”

When Doctor Whooves told everypony this I thought they would get mad or something but, they showed no sign of any emotion and stood there until Twilight started speaking.

“We... already know,” said Twilight.

“What, but how!?” shouted Doctor Whooves, shocked.

“Before Anim was… unconscious, we secretly looked into his book to find any evidence that he was the cause of the recent meteors that crashed all over Equestria a month ago and what we found… was indeed disturbing,” said Twilight.

We saw the looks of everypony, I don’t know what they may have seen but whatever it was it must had been that terrifying, they removed the restraints off of Doctor Whooves as he explained a little about himself. When he was done explaining, that’s when their friend Anim started to shift, Celestia checked if he was okay but found a revolutionary discovery about Anim.

“This is impossible,” said Celestia, confusion and shock plastered on her face.

“What is it sister?” asked Luna.

“Anim’s organs are… healing themselves,” said Celestia.

“WHAT!” shouted everyone in sync.

“How is that possible Celestia, Anim may be from another world but instant regeneration sounds impossible,” said Twilight.

“It’s as if another being is protecting him, but from what,” said Doctor Whooves, thinking.

As everypony theorized about the strange thing happening, Anim began to wake up from his short coma, when he looked around the room he first saw us, he squinted his eyes to see more clearly.

“Who are you two?” asked Anim.

“Anim you’re awake, I mean…” said Twilight, slowly backing away, “we’re all sorry for reading your book and not asking for your permission.”

“My… book,” said Anim, confused, “what are you talking about?”

“Wait, you don’t remember,” said Twilight.

“No I don’t but, I can remember what happen the day before I came to Equestria,” said Anim.

“You mean… you remember now,” said Twilight.

“Yes, and I remember seeing... fire, explosions and… and…” said Anim, tears are beginning to form on his face. “It hurts, it hurts too much to remember.”

“There, there sugarcube everything will of fine,” said Applejack, calming him down.

As everypony left the room leaving Anim to himself, it seems whatever shot Anim made him lose his memories about everypony looking through Anim’s book, another thing they found out was that Anim had no idea about a secret section of his tome with ancient pictures of his history. As we waited everypony felt antsy so we decided to stay in one of the other guest rooms as it was getting soon dark, we slept in a room by ourselves – me and the Doctor – when somepony opened our room’s door.

“Hey can I come in?” asked Rainbow.

“Sure Rainbow but, is there something you want to talk about?” asked Derpy.

“Well I just came here to say sorry to your friend that’s all,” said Rainbow, “but there’s something you need to know about Anim.”

“We’re listening,” said Doctor Whooves.

“Well, Anim is a really nice pony, I wouldn’t trade him with any other pony in the whole world but, there’s another side to him, this Anim is darker and way scarier than the one we know of, it was like as if another separate Anim that we never knew existed just up and showed himself for the first time,” said Rainbow, terrified of the thought.

“Possibly a separate psychological split personality,” said Doctor Whooves, muttering to himself.

“A psycho split what,” said Rainbow, wrapping her head around what he said.

“It’s basically another you but, more different on how you usually act,” said Doctor Whooves.

“Well okay then... I just came here to warn you about Anim so, be more careful what you say when you talk to him sometimes okay,” said Rainbow, “well I got to go, see yeah.”

We went to bed that night thinking of what Rainbow said, but I couldn’t sleep and when I checked the time it was 7:00pm and I couldn’t sleep at all, so when I went to the window and looked outside I saw somepony outside in the maze hedge; when I took a better look it was Anim, I was worried he was out this late so I left my room and decided to head down. When I headed downstairs and outside, I reached the center of the maze and I saw Anim sitting there alone, when I tried to approach him he turned his head and looked at me.

“Ah, you must be the pegasus with that doctor fellow I believe, I never caught your name,” said Anim.

“Its Derpy, my name is Derpy Hooves,” said Derpy, introducing herself.

“Derpy you say, that’s an interesting name,” said Anim giving a short smile to Derpy.

“Not to be rude, but why are you here?” asked Derpy.

“I could ask you the same thing, but it’s rude for me to ask something like that to a lady, as to why I’m here,” said Anim, “let’s just say I like to be by myself when I need to think deep in thought sometimes and I did this when I’m outside.”

“I can see why you picked this place,” said Derpy.

“Say... can I ask a favor from you,” said Anim.

“Sure, but what do you want me to do?” asked Derpy.

“Well, ever since I regained short parts of my memories and I know there’s only one way for me to fully regain them, I need to return to the origin of where I first appeared in Equestria, immediately,” said Anim.

“Where are you going with this?” asked Derpy, suspicious.

“What I’m saying is, since I can’t leave Celestia’s castle after whatever happened earlier, but I need to know what happened that day that’s why, I’m escaping Canterlot with your help,” said Anim.

I was afraid, to run away from Princesses Celestia and Luna, to run away from Twilight and her friends, to run away with Anim and to run away… from the Doctor, but Anim was desperate to remember his past and I had to help him so that night, Anim and I escaped Canterlot.