• Published 16th Sep 2015
  • 532 Views, 5 Comments

Anim's Adventures in Equestria - Animatorsnake



What would happen if a being with limitless power regenerates into a pony. Well this happened to Anim, with fragmented memories of the past, he lives in the town of Ponyville and sees what it's like being a pony, or could it all be a lie.

  • ...
13
 5
 532

Love of the Past

Author's Note:

The final part for the trio of chapters on the Heart's & Hooves special. The original deadline was Feb.12, but... how gives a damn, as long it's here right... right?

(Another sidenote: I need a break...)

Ponyville, Golden Oaks Library, 2:00pm

“What… what happened?” Anim thought, waking up.

Looking around he sees his in his room, taking a few minutes to think what’s happening the door opens. Entering the room is Twilight, and with her are a few others, the CMC, Applejack, and somepony else.

“Anim, I thought you wouldn’t wake up,” said Twilight.

“You three have some explaining to do,” said Applejack, looking at the fillies.

Waiting for a response, the CMC begin explaining that they made the love potion, planning to use it on Anim, however they didn’t thought of who he should date and things went downhill. “So, that’s the reason why we did that,” said Applebloom.

“We’re sorry!” said Sweetie and Scootaloo, in sync.

“But if they made a love potion, shouldn’t Anim be all lovey-dovey for Rainbow from the start. Why wasn’t he though?” said Twilight.

“I can answer that, when I examined the potion they made, it seems they made a slight mistake,” said Zecora.

“A mistake, what was it that caused the potion to not work on Anim?” asked Applejack.

“One of the ingredients they used was sugar, when on the paper it was trying to say sugarcane,” said Zecora. “Instead, the love potion turned into a potent intoxicating drink. Surprisingly Anim didn’t go drunk for some reason… I wonder why?”

“Intoxicating… drink…” said Twilight, shuddering.

“Well, I have been oddly dizzy and shaken up when I drank that bottle, it felt like a bunch of bee stings came at me at one go. Good thing it takes more than that to get me drunk,” said Anim, chuckling. “This is just like the—”

“Don’t you dare finish that sentence!” said Twilight, annoyed. “I’ve had enough about what happened that day.”

“There’s something I don’t get though, what was happening to Anim back at Sugarcube Corner?” asked Applejack.

Everypony wondered that and began looking at Anim. Not sure what’s happening, Anim tries to remember what happened but, has no idea either. “I can’t remember, but all I know is that it felt the same way I was back on… the drinking bet,” said Anim.

“Well, Anim needs his rest from this endeavor, let’s go,” said Zecora.

Everypony left Anim to himself, returning downstairs. Thinking about what to do, a knock on the door is heard, opening the door is Rainbow, Rarity, and Pinkie. “Is Anim alright, I hope whatever that was stopped!” said Rarity.

“Don’t worry Anim’s fine, his resting in his room for now,” said Twilight, Spike could you get some snacks for everypony?”

“Sure thing,” said Spike, rushing to the kitchen.

“We’ll help,” said Applebloom, joined with her friends.

“It seems that today’s chaos has subsided, I must return to my hut,” said Zecora leaving.

After Zecora had left, silence fell upon everypony again. Returning from the kitchen, Spike and the CMC carry some plates of tea and biscuits for everypony.

“Okay, could somepony explained what happened with Anim?!” said Rainbow.

“We’re not sure ourselves, Anim said he can’t remembering,” said Applejack.

“Well, was it the love potion that did it?” asked Rarity.

“Well actually, about that…” said Twilight.

Explaining what happened; Rainbow gets frustrated from simply doing nothing, and storms to Anim’s room for his side of the story. “If he wasn’t effected by the love potion, then why’d he acted odd suddenly?!” said Rainbow, heading straight for Anim’s room.

Opening the door, Rainbow goes straight for Anim. Before she could speak Anim responds first. “I heard what you said, and I don’t know… sort of,” said Anim, looking away.

“What you mean, sort of?” said Rainbow, focusing on Anim.

Anim stares off into nothing, and turns his gaze on Rainbow. “Awhile back… when I was at my world… there was someone I knew who acted just like you,” said Anim.

“What does this have to do with me?” asked Rainbow.

“You see… she was my ex and, after drinking that potion and seeing you… is sort of sprang a memory of mine… an old one, and you could say… I began to get feelings for you,” said Anim.

“Because of someone you knew before, it reminded you of her… because of me,” said Rainbow. “That’s stupid that even I can’t find it funny.”

“Well… it’s just you act, and I mean literally like her, but since I came to this world, I don’t think a lot about my past life. Whatever the reason may be, it reminded of the time I had with her… with her smile, and personality,” said Anim.

Rainbow stares at Anim, with hooves folded. Anim waits for a pounding, but instead has one of Rainbow’s wings patting him on the head. “You’re an idiot… but I’ll forgive you this time,” said Rainbow.

“You didn’t have to say it that way,” said Anim.

A couple of hours passed by, Anim had recovered and the time was near midnight. Everypony returned home one by one, alone Anim heads out to take some fresh air. “Today’s simply been nothing but craziness,” said Anim.

“Same to you too,”

Looking around, Anim sees Rainbow hadn’t left yet. Joining him, they sit down outside the library. “Yeah, I’m sorry for making go through that,” said Anim.

“Oh come on, we know it wasn’t your fault… still though, if you weren’t actually under the potion’s influence or even drunk… then what caused you to say that,” said Rainbow.

“Well, sometimes under certain situations I always felt that I had another side to me, that I never knew existed. This side of me can influence me to the point where I even lose conscious of my actions… I was basically fighting whatever was within me,” said Anim.

Rainbow nods to Anim’s response, and stares upward at the midnight sky. “I still thought it was nice of you to consider of choosing me of all ponies,” said Rainbow. “I’m not the dramatic or romantic type; if I were Rarity I probably had any issues.”

“Hey come on, romance isn’t all about that you know. It comes in many ways… and sometimes it takes longer for others to notice it,” said Anim.

“If you say so,” said Rainbow, staring at the ground.

After a few seconds of silence, Rainbow stands up and prepares to fly back to her cloud home. Before she could, Anim taps her on the shoulder. “What is it Anim, something on your mind?” asked Rainbow.

“Well I got to be honest; I did have plans to celebrate for Heart’s and Hooves day. I was planning to go to the grave and putting these down,” said Anim, pulling out a rose and a small box of chocolates. “But since all that’s happened… I thought you should have them.”

Rainbow lands back down, and take the offerings. She blandly stares at them, but gives out a light chuckle. “Thanks…” said Rainbow.

“I guess that means…” said Anim, preparing a joke, “my romance skills went up, 20% huh.”

Anim waits for Rainbow’s response, while she laughs hysterically afterward. “You’re horrible!” Rainbow said, nearly losing her posture. “See yeah!”

Rainbow then flies away to the sky with Anim’s gifts. Anim then smiles, losing sight of her, returning back inside Twilight stares at him. “You can’t stop for one second with blurting out a joke, can you,” said Twilight.

“Oh come, don’t be like that,” said Anim, grinning.

The past few days had started out bad, but from these experiences their ties together have grown stronger than ever… but for how long can Anim’s madness can hold before he losing sight of himself and the friends he knows.