• Published 3rd Jun 2012
  • 36,372 Views, 2,200 Comments

Fun With Changelings - Shukumei



I'm sick of Wubsy getting no place in the fannon. So here's how she became Vinyl Scratch's pet.

  • ...
95
 2,200
 36,372

All Good Things (Epilogue)

Dear Princess Celestia,

It's a little strange writing to royalty, but Twilight says you'd be delighted to hear what I learned recently so I'll give it a try.

I learned a valuable lesson about tolerance recently. I learned that no matter what somepony has done, they have the ability to change. I've learned forgiveness and understanding can go a long way to battle hatred, and that an open mind leads to an open heart.

A changeling named Wubsy was found in town as you know and I was the one leading the charge against her. I let her status as a changeling and the fact that she had been part of the Canterlot attack blind me to her potential. I was too hung up on what she had done and what she was to see who she was inside or how special she really is. Because of her past, I almost took away her future.

I've learned since then that no matter what a pony has done in the past, they have the capacity to change. They have the ability to better themselves and deserve the right to do so. Not allowing a pony to move beyond their past means they will forever be defined by it. Refusing them the chance to improve robs them of their ability to become more than what they were.

I've also learned that no matter what a pony is on the outside, great potential lies inside them. Assuming a pony is a certain way based solely on a label is ignorant and cowardly. It imprisons that pony inside the boundaries of that label. They can never live up to their potential because they are never given the chance.

Vinyl and Octavia are doing very well these days. We’ve finally buried the hatchet, and Bon Bon and I often go on double dates with the two of them. Wubsy has been appointed as something of an unofficial guard for the town. Everypony loves seeing her around town and she has a lot of close friends, whom I count myself lucky to be amongst. I love being able to talk to her and laugh with her. She really is a special pony.

I'm so glad she managed to survive my prejudices and that she was willing to give me the forgiveness I denied her. She's a good mare, and I would have lost something precious if she wasn't in my life. We all would have.

In the end, I guess I learned that love and tolerance should always win out over hatred and prejudice. Not everypony is trustworthy but everypony deserves the chance to earn trust. Knee-jerk reactions and reflex persecution can destroy something precious before you ever realize just how special it was.

Yours truly,
Lyra Heartstrings

Author's Note:

This chapter dedicated to Texas Voices, a cause near and dear to my heart. (http://texasvoices.org/) And to “Doc” Schafer, a good man with a good heart who took his own life after the weight of needless persecution proved too much for him. No matter what people called you or what mistakes you had made, you were a good friend and you always tried to be the best man you could be. This one's for you, Doc. I hope you finally found peace.

Comments ( 174 )

I like how this wraps things up. Very touching author's note, as well.

2589272
Same to you. Thanks for your help. I look forward to great things for the future.

Been a long, crazy ride. Sad to see it end, but I'm glad I got a chance to be a part of it. Well done!

2589284
Almost a year but it was fun. Thanks for your help.

2589287

Quite welcome, bud.

And so it ends. It has been quite the ride, and it is good to see this story come to a satisfactory end.

2589312
Wouldn't have been the same without you, Poni.

would there be a smidgen of a chance of a sequel or something along those lines?:scootangel:.......I mean....you dont have to answer...if you dont want to:fluttershyouch:

2589348
You could always write one. The point of this story is to inspire others to use Wubsy in the fanon.

2589352 i dont think there would be any chance of that :twilightsheepish: im more of a reader than a writer:twilightsmile:. but it would be interesting if wubsy got well know like Nyx.:pinkiesmile:

2589358
That's the hope.

Been one hell of a roller-coaster ride, Shukumei. Started out really strong, then there was that slump, and you somehow managed to pull a complete turnaround and slide into the finish like a fuckin' magician. Good job, and congratulations on this complete story!

A great ending for a great story, thanks for the ride! :yay:

Of course, every time I have to wait a long time for a new chapter, it turns out to be the ending. I'm pardoning you, though, because it was a GOOD ending.

Thank you for the amazing story:pinkiehappy:

Nuuuu already end? Damn why soo many good stories ends in so close time now

Great ending!

And thus concludes the most epic story I have ever read. The final chapter took a while, but it was WELL worth the wait. Thank you for writing this

WAAAAH!!! IS OVER!!!!!:raritycry: That was one of the best stories I've read!

2589471 Just wait for the green and blue ending.
Just kidding, this ending was awesome :D

awesome epilogue man!:twilightsmile:. Im truly sorry to hear about your friend, he sounded like a great guy:fluttershysad:. If i wasint in the middle of coming up with a good way to get my first chapter done and how to get discovered i would write my own story based off wubsy

Awesome story. Glad to see it come together so well. I hope you do end up doing something more with this. 'twould be wonderful.

Very well done story, and I liked the letter from Lyra at the end here. It's a great way to show how much she's grown, to be able to admit her mistakes to royalty and to Wubsy like that.

It's been a year!? Damn.

And so it ends this epic story. May we see Wubsy more often in this fanon!:pinkiehappy:

2589278 nicely done Shuk. So when can I see more of that Raripie?

2589457
The very inspiration for the line.

2589947
Now that this beast is finally slain I think I'll take a breather before I go picking a fight with the next one.

I came late to the party (or I snuck in, I dunno), but when this fic partied, it partied hard. And I loved every moment of it.

Now I'm just gonna sit here, twiddling my thumbs.

2590078
Stand up and take a bow, JJ. You were part of this too. Your support helped shape this into the exciting conclusion it turned out to be. Don't sell yourself short.

2590088

i.imgur.com/xrzFG.gif

Oo, well, er, okay then. Glad I could be a part of it!

2590105
I still assert Tennant was a better Doctor.

And so ends the story of the conquering hero Wubsy. Awesome end.

2590123
It only ends if people stop writing about her.

OMG OMG OMG WAI WAI YOU END THIS SERIES:fluttershbad:...It has been an honour to read your work, I hope that you continue writing stories forever:pinkiehappy:

Truly a great end to a great fanfic. :pinkiesad2:

So what is Wubsy now that she has a cutie mark? Does that make her a pony or a changeling or javascript:smilie(':rainbowhuh:');something else entirely? :rainbowhuh:

good to see this finally ended, it was a great ride.


lemme guess, sequel has a metric butt-ton of changelings come and equestria has to deal with th' influx?

2590131 Does that mean we get a sequel?

2590285
If someone wants to write one, absolutely. Personally I have no plans for a direct sequel.

I totally had forgotten about this wonderful fic. That was a superb ending! And Lrya's letter made it all sweeter. Well done!:twilightsmile:

PS: Wubsy getting a cutie mark as a little heart shield was perfect! :heart:

I loved this story, and I can't wait to see what you come up with next! (Sequel? Maybe more changelings coming away from Chrysalis?)

Excellent conclusion.
I hope to see more Wubsy in the future. I may have to write her into my fics where appropriate.
Especially since the Changeling Queen demands it and I'm trapped in their hive right now.

Wonderfully enjoyable ending to a beautiful story.

Man, what an ending. Those were some powerful emotions in the previous chapter, and a pretty rousing action sequence, too. You're a talented writer on both fronts, that's for damn sure. I'm almost sad this is over, but you did an exceptional job wrapping it up and I now no longer have to anticipate updates.

In this final chapter, though, you contradicted yourself a bit with Lyra's letter: it appears you can develop three background ponies who have never spoken and an OC into prominent characters, yet have a closed mind to the guy with a virtual dam of potential to the extent that the most important pony in his life is more boss than friend. This is contradictory to the message in her friendship report.

Right now, the important thing was to free the Elements.

It should also have crossed their minds to free the fella who can summon the solar regent with a breath. That might've been a good idea, too.

Anyhow, congratulations on finishing this epic drama! It is a damn fine piece of fiction. And FYI, Octavia's full name appears to be Octavia Melody, as printed here.

Great story! loved every minute of it!

we all love you wubsy!!!!!!!!!:rainbowkiss:

2590998 You can't win something you already have. This story has earned the author, the internet.:ajsmug:

2591114 It's just a level in the game of life, and he has got past it!

Login or register to comment