• Published 14th Sep 2015
  • 6,109 Views, 43 Comments

Life in Equestria - Blossom Comet



My name is Twilight Sparkle apparently. I had an accident and I woke up in Equestria. Am I nuts, in a coma, or dead? Whatever's happened, it's like I'm in a whole new Universe. Now, maybe if I can work out the reason, I can get home.

  • ...
11
 43
 6,109

Life on Mars

I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock, yawning, I stretched and got out of bed. I didn't get much sleep last night, I spent most of my time until 3 A.M. playing World of Warcraft. Yeah, I had fantastic timekeeping capabilities. As a 22 year old man working full time as a cashier while looking for a more fulfilling job, my life was pretty dull. I made enough money to rent an okay apartment, and afford a few luxuries. I groaned as a went to the kitchen to get some breakfast.

You see, I didn't have any friends, and my family and I weren't all that close, so I didn't go out much. Any money I did spend went towards more "geeky" things as opposed to nights out, or partying. I built my own computer, I spent a lot of money on Video Games, Anime and DVDs. In other words, I'm quite the loner. Any time not spent job hunting or working, I was gaming, reading, or watching shows. All it really took was one look around my apartment to see what kind of person I was, Anime posters on the wall, Superhero comics on the floor, yup. I was a geek. That being said, I have an incredible amount of books in my collection, ranging from all sorts of fiction and non fiction.

The original plan in my life was to go to college for something like Biological Science, but since my parents didn't have much money it never happened. I got pretty good grades and had an academic mind, but apparently that wasn't enough for any scholarships. So I ended up leaving school at 18 and going into the world of work.

Was this a problem for me? Not necessarily, as far as I was concerned, things were okay. Just okay. Sure, I got lonely from time to time, but who really needs friends? As long as you can entertain yourself and do something fulfilling with your life, that should be enough surely.

After having breakfast I looked up to the clock. It was 8:14. Great. I got little over five hours sleep. This would have a toll on my work performance. Time to get ready.

About half an hour later I was ready to get going to work. I got in my car and started driving. Plugging my iPhone in to the car I looked through my choice of music. Eventually I decided I was in the mood to listen to some David Bowie. The man is a legend, and one of my favorite musicians of all time. Within seconds I was singing along to "Changes" while watching the road. Despite music putting me in a good mood, something seemed off. I shrugged it off and kept driving.

Looking at the clock in the car, the time read 8:55. Crap. I was going to be late, and it didn't help that there was an abnormal amount of traffic today. Was there an event or something? Oh well, I'd just have to wait. The song had changed now, and I was listening to "Life on Mars". I decided to relax and wait for traffic to start moving again.

"Reading Radio interrupts to provide travel news."

I raised my eyebrow. Nobody interrupts David Bowie! How dare they!?

"Things are looking very tricky around the M-"

I turned the music back on, nothing was going to ruin my mood this morning. Nothing I say!

The traffic began moving again. It must be my lucky day! Or not. I looked back at the clock and it was 8:58. My manager was not going to be happy. To make matters worse the traffic only moved a little before stopping again. This was ridiculous! What was causing this jam? I couldn't even move to the other lane with how close together all the cars were.

Sighing, I decided to get out of my car and see what the problem was. Sure, people would be pissed, but it's not like me being in there would have made a difference.

Surprise surprise, people were beeping their horns at me. Whatever, I wanted to see what the problem was. Closing my car door, I walked to the other lane which was pretty empty. Why was one lane so full and another so empty? It literally made no sense! Walking to the end of the road I saw a few Cops. "What's holding all this traffic up?" I yelled at them, "Sir, please get back in your vehicle." was their only response. Were they serious? They were holding up the entire lane and keeping me late for work!

I approached those clowns to give them a piece of my mind, moving in to the middle of the empty lane to get close. At this point one Cop looked over to me with a wide eyed expression, "SIR, WATCH OUT"

At that moment I felt a collision, then all was black.

Or at least, until I woke up.

I was half expecting to wake up in a hospital bed, but instead, I was standing in a dark room. In the middle was a dusty desk with an hourglass on top of it, all the sand at the bottom. This room looked like it had been abandoned for a long time. As I looked out the window I saw nothing but darkness.

"Where am I?"

"Wherever you want to be, my friend."

I turned around, to see a dark hooded figure behind me.

"Who are you?" I asked, my voice trembling.

The figure waved my question away, "I don't think that's important right now."

Regaining my composure, I walked towards this hooded figure. While this seemed sketchy, I came to the conclusion that if I was in any real danger something would have happened already. Then it hit me.

"I died, didn't I?"

The figure chuckled, "Yes, and no."

"How?"

"Not accidentally."

My eyes widened, "Someone tried to kill me?"

In shock, I needed to sit down. As if by magic, a chair appeared behind me.

The figure began to walk towards me at this point, no matter how much I tried, I just couldn't look directly at their face.

"So, that's it. This is how I go? No goodbyes to my family, my friends?"

The figure scoffed, "What friends?"

My blood began to boil. "I could do without the remarks right now, thank you."

"Well, it's not exactly like you ever thought you needed friends, is it?"

I looked away, "I guess not, but I always figured one day I would make some anyway."

The figure sighed, walking away from me it began to speak, "This isn't the end for you, my friend. It's just the beginning."

I watched the figure closely as it moved towards the desk with the hourglass, what did it mean by this?

"I can bring you back. I just need to know one thing."

Was this guy serious? Whoever it was, they were offering me an opportunity to live again. I couldn't pass it up.

"What do you need to know?"

"What is it you desire most in life?"

I took no hesitation in responding.

"I wish to do something fulfilling, something that will make people remember my name."

The figure chuckled, "That's fair. Very well, You can have another chance."

The figure turned the hourglass on the desk, and all was black once more.

"Hey! Everypony! She's waking up!"

Everypony?

"Twilight, Darling! I'm so glad you're okay!"

I opened my eyes. This was not what I was expecting.

Author's Note:

I hope you guys enjoyed the first chapter! any feedback is appreciated as it's my first time writing a fanfic! :twilightsmile:

What will happen next chapter? You'll just have to wait and see.
I'll hopefully have a new one out within the next week!
-Comet