• Published 17th Sep 2015
  • 3,111 Views, 175 Comments

The great and powerful... Merasmus!? - The Lutece twins

  • ...
6
 175
 3,111

Chapter 7 (Part 1)

"S-sorry, I'm a cry baby..." Sky said, wiping her muzzle as she and Merasmus continue to walk.

"It's ok Sky." Merasmus said.

"So...where are you taking me?" Sky asked.

"Well, were heading back to were I am staying. At Applejack's farm." Merasmus said.

"O-okay. Why did your friend kill my mamma?" Sky asked.

"I wanted to protect the ponies around me. I didn't know that my friend killed your mother." He said.

"Your friend is a meanie..." Sky sighed.

"Yea." Merasmus said, sighing as well. As he walks, he sees Applejack's farm. "Hey, were almost there." He said.

"I dont know about this...what if they freak out and try to hurt me?" Sky said, sounding scared.

"I will make sure none of that happens." Merasmus said.

"Okay." Sky said as they neared the farm house. Merasmus could see Applejack on the porch.

"Hey Applejack!" Merasmus said. Applejack looks at Merasmus and waves.

"Howdy!" Applejack said. She looks and sees the timberwolf pup on Merasmus's back. "Uhm...ya got a little something on your back..." She said.

"Promise me that you won't hurt her." Merasmus said.

"Uh...sure...why do you have a timberwolf with ya, though?" Applejack asked as Sky hid behind Merasmus's mane.

"A friend of mine killed her mother." Merasmus said, looking down.

"Awww, poor little thing, she must be so upset..." Applejack said. She looks at the pup. "Hi there!" She said. Sky tried to back away, but only to fall off of Merasmus's back.

"Owwww..." She whimpered. Merasmus picks Sky up.

"You ok, Sky?" Merasmus asked. Sky shakes her head.

"Wait...you named her?" Applejack asked. Merasmus shakes his head as he places Sky back on his back.

"No that was her name originally." Merasmus said.

"Oh, its a cute name." Applejack said. She reached out to pat Sky on the head, but she flinched. "It's okay, little one. I wouldn't hurt ya." She promised. She tried again, Sky let her pet her head. "See?" She said. She gently ran her hoof along sky's back. Merasmus could see that Sky likes it.

"I like her, she's nice." Sky said.

"Sorry, little one. I don't speak timber wolf!" Applejack said, chuckling slightly.

"Sky said that she likes you. That your nice." Merasmus translated.

"Awe, well that's nice, but how did you understand her?" Applejack asked as Sky licked her cheek.

"I can understand some animal speech." Merasmus said. Applejack giggles from being licked

"That's interestin'. Are ya keepin her, or something?" Applejack asked.

"You're keeping me, right?" Sky asked as she hugged Merasmus. Merasmus nods and smiles.

"I am. I will make sure that your happy." He said. Sky smiles slightly.

"Thanks." She said.

"So, how was the tour?" Applejack asked.

"It was nice, I got to see the town. Something caught my attention though. I saw some decorations out in the town. Is their a holiday coming?" Merasmus asked.

"Nightmare night! Tonight is Nightmare night!" Applejack said, just as Sky let's out a big yawn. "Awe, is the little puppy tired?" Applejack asked, getting a nod from Sky. "She can sleep up in my room for now if she wants, since I'm doing chores right now." She said. Merasmus nods.

"Okay." He said, walking inside.

"Can you stay with me? I don't like being alone..." Sky asked. Merasmus nods.

"Alright, I'll stay with you." Merasmus said as they enter Applejack's room. Sky gets onto the bed.

"Ooh this is a lot better than a pile of leaves!" She said happily, before covering herself in the blankets. "Smells like apples too..." She said. Merasmus chuckles at how cute it is, then crawls onto the bed trying to be careful of Sky.

"That it does." He said, laying down next to Sky. Sky snuggled next to Merasmus, yawning cutely.

"Nighty night." She said.

"Night Sky." Merasmus said, falling asleep next to Sky. Sky slowly fell asleep a few seconds later. Merasmus smiles. Applejack came up later to check on the two, seeing them snuggled in her bed.

"Daw, ain't that just cute." She said. She smiled and closed the door before going back downstairs to finish her chores.

Hours later

Merasmus opens his eyes sleepily. "Huh?" He sleepily says. Sky was still sleeping, snuggled into his chest, snoring softly. Merasmus looks out the window, and sees that it was almost sunset.

"Hey, Sky." Merasmus said, lightly shaking Sky. Sky wakes with a snort.

"Y-yeah, mom?" She asks, looking up and sees Merasmus. "Oh...yeah..." She sniffed as tears leak out of her eyes as her ears droop.

"Hey, hey ,hey. Shhh, I'm here." Merasmus said, hugging Sky.

"I miss her so much..." Sky said, hugging Merasmus tight. Merasmus pats Sky's back.

"Shhh." Merasmus hushed.

"And the others just...abandoned me...its as if my mom was the only one who cared about me, and now she's gone!" Sky yells as a tear falls down her face.

"I'm here for you sky, I promise." Merasmus said.

"Thank you..." She sniffed, wiping her muzzle, then hugged Merasmus.

"Now, let's go downstairs. The sun's setting." Merasmus said.

"Okay." Sky said as she got up from the bed.

"You want on my back, Sky?" Merasmus asked as he got off the bed.

"I...I can walk." She said as she got off the bed and following Merasmus out of the room. Merasmus sees Applebloom come out of her room and stare at Sky.

"Uuuummmmm...." She said.

"Hello Applebloom." Merasmus said as Sky hid behind Merasmus's leg. "Sky it's going to be ok, she's friendly." He said. But Sky stayed still with fear.

"When Applejack said there was a timber wolf that was going to be staying with us, I thought she was joking, but she's s cute!" Applebloom said, grabbing Sky into a tight hug. Sky whimpered and looked at Merasmus.

"Help me..." She pleaded.

"Ok, Applebloom, you may want to let her go, your scaring her." Merasmus said.

"Okay." Applebloom said, letting go of Sky. Sky runs back and hides behind Merasmus.

"She seems to really like you!" Applebloom said. Merasmus chuckles.

"That she does. And also, happy nightmare night, Applebloom." Merasmus said.

"You too! I'm heading over to Rarity's to get my costume, wanna come with?" Applebloom asked, smiling. Sky tugs at Merasmus's leg, getting his attention.

"We're...going into..." She gulps. "Town?" She asked, trembling.

"I will make sure that nopony will hurt you, Sky. Besides their friendly." Merasmus said.

"Promise?" She asked. Merasmus nods and smiles.

"I promise." He said, patting Sky.

"Can we go with, then?" Sky asks.

"How is it ya know what she's sayin'? All ah hear is barkin'" Applebloom said.

"Yes we can go with Applebloom. And to answer your question, I can understand some animal speech." Merasmus said.

"That's cool!" Applebloom said happily. Sky tried to climb onto Merasmu's back, but has a bit of trouble doing so.

"Here." Merasmus said, helping Sky up.

"Thanks." Sky said, laying on Merasmus's back.

"Come on, lets go!" Applebloom said, trotting down the stairs. Merasmus nods and follows down the stairs.

"So where are we going?" Sky asked.

"Where heading for a boutique that is owned by a pony named Rarity." Merasmus said.

"Okay." She said. Applebloom trots into the kitchen, and dumps a bowl of candy into her pumpkin basket.

"Dont take that all just so you can eat it okay?" Applejack stated.

"I won't!" Applebloom said. Merasmus laughs.

"Kids, they never change." Merasmus said.

"Are we leaving now?" Sky asked.

"I guess we are." Merasmus said, nodding. "Ready Applebloom?" He says. Sky trembled slightly, hugging Merasmus tight.

"Promise you will protect me?" She asks. Merasmus nods.

"I promise." Merasmus said as he follows Applebloom outside.

"Promise you wont leave me either?" Sky asked.

"I promise." Merasmus said. Sky hugged Merasmus tighter.

"I know mommy is gone but at least I have you to take care of me." She said.

"That you do. I will make sure that your happy." Merasmus said. Sky smiles and nuzzled his cheek.

"Thank you so much!" She said happily.

"How did you get her anyway?" Applebloom asked.

"It's a long story." Merasmus said. Sky smiled slightly as she rode on Merasmus's back.

"Ya know, I wonder who was the one who decided to make a holiday where we just leave candy by a statue?" Applebloom asked. Merasmus raises a eyebrow.

"Why would you leave candy by a statue?" Merasmus asked.

"WE gotta leave it by a statue of nightmare moon, or she'll eat us. so me and the crusaders just go to our hut and we just eat all the candy." Applebloom said.

"What's candy?" Sky asked.

"Well, Sky, candy is a treat that is sweet, sour, or spicy." Merasmus said.

"Oh, okay." Sky said.

"Applebloom, if I may ask, what are you dressing up as?" Merasmus asked.

"A ninja!" She said. Merasmus raises a eyebrow.

"Why a ninja?" Merasmus asked.

"Because I know some karate!" Applebloom said. She jumped up into the air, and kicked a hind leg out as she spun in the air, barely missing Merasmus's nose. Sky giggled slightly.

"You ponies are funny." Sky said. Merasmus chuckles and nods.

"Yea." Merasmus said as they neared the town. "Were nearly there." He said.

"I'm scared..." Sky said, ducking behind Merasmus's mane again for safety.

"Is she alright?" Applebloom asked.

"Its going to be ok Sky." Merasmus said, then looks at Applebloom. "She's just scared that she'll get hurt by the other ponies." He said.

"Nopony will hurt you. you're just a pup." Applebloom said, patting Sky on the head. Sky looks down.

"I will protect you Sky." Merasmus said.

"I know." Sky said, licking Merasmus's cheek. As they entered the town, Merasmus looks around the town and sees fillies and Colts in costumes running around happily.

"I must say, this is one happy holiday." He said.

"It is. You should have been here when Luna first visited. Everpony was so scared!" Applebloom said.

"I hope Luna doesn't come..." Sky said.

"Don't worry sky, if she harms you, I will protect you." Merasmus promised. Sky hugs Merasmus. Merasmus pats Sky as they neared the boutique.

"There it is!" Applebloom said, running to the boutique, before trotting inside.

"Everypony is staring at me..." Sky said.

"It's ok, they probably never seen a timberwolf before. I will still protect you Sky." Merasmus said.

"Okay." Sky said. She closes her eyes from the light inside the botique as they entered, and the bell rang once again above the door. Merasmus could see Rarity look over at his direction.

"Oh, Merasmumus...dear..." She said, blushing. "Sorry, your name isn't the easiest to remember..." She apologized.

"It's ok, Rarity. And it's pronounced, Merasmus." Merasmus said.

"Got it, and..." She said, looking at Sky. "And, do you not know there is a timberwolf on your back?" She said, backing away a couple of steps. Sky hid her face in Merasmus's mane, which Rarity noticed.

"Did you tame it or something?" Rarity asked.

"She's just scared that you may hurt her. And I am taking care of her, since her mother died." Merasmus said.

"Awe, I could never harm such an adorable little thing!" Rarity said. Sky looked curiously at Rarity. "Can I pet her? As long as she doesn't try to bite me." Rarity asked.

"Sky, would you like Rarity to pet you?" Merasmus asked. Sky doesn't say or do anything, but eventually nods. Rarity smiled and softly ran her hoof along Sky's back.

"What a little cutie she is! Wait...you said her mother died!?" She yells. Merasmus nods.

"Yes." He said. Sky looks down sadly.

"That must be so sad. I see she's put her full trust in you already." Rarity said.

"That she has." Merasmus said. Rarity sighs.

"I could only imagine how I would feel if I lost my mother..." She said.

"I miss mommy..." Sky sniffed. Merasmus pats Sky.

"I know you do. But I will make sure that your happy." Merasmus sighed.

"I just wanna go home, and pray mommy is there and this was all just a bad dream..." Sky said. Merasmus takes Sky off his back and hugs her.

"I know." He said. Sky hugged him back, softly crying and whimpering into his chest. Applebloom comes out of the back room with her black and white ninja costume on, and sees Sky crying and trots over.

"Hey, what's wrong with Sky?" She asks.

"She misses her mother." Rarity said.

"What happened to her mom?" Applebloom asked. Rarity looked to Merasmus with a worried expression. Merasmus looks at Rarity and mouths "Should I tell her?" Rarity shrugs, as Sky continues to cry in Merasmus's chest.

"She didn't deserve to die..." She sniffed.

"Applebloom... Sky's mother... is dead." Merasmus said.

"What!? Oh, poor little Sky." Applebloom said. She hugged Sky again, but gently this time. Sky hugged back, sniffling a few times.

"Were here for you Sky." Merasmus said. Sky let go of Applebloom.

"I feel I'm just gonna get in the way with my silly crying..." Sky said.

"It's ok, Sky. You needed to get it out, and that's fine." Merasmus said. Sky sighs and looks down.

"I should just go back to the Everfree. I dont belong here..." She said. Merasmus puts a hoof on her.

"No, nopony said that they didn't want you here. And if you do go back to the everfree, how will you take care of yourself?" Merasmus asked.

"Mamma told me she did it when she was pregnant with me. Timberwolves dont belong around ponies...I'll just end up causing trouble..." Sky said.

"What's she saying?" Rarity asked.

"Sky is saying that she wants to leave, that nopony wants her here. That she will just cause trouble." Merasmus said.

"I don't know if you can understand me, but if you can, I can see that you're a sweet little pup with a strong heart, and I'm sure ponies will get used to used to you. I for one think you're one of the most adorable little critters ever! And if anypony ever mistreats you, Rarity will be here to cheer you up, okay, darling?" Rarity said, kneeling down to Sky. Sky listened to what Rarity had said, and hugged her tight around the neck.

"Thank you." Sky said. Rarity smiled and hugged back.

"Thank you Rarity. And Sky, how do you feel?" Merasmus asked.

"A little better." She said, she jumping back on Merasmus's back. Rarity looks to the door as it rings, and Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle, Diamond Tiara, and Silver Spoon walk in.

"Oh, hi girls, I've got your costumes in the back, alright?" Rarity said.

"Thanks!" Scootaloo said, sipping off to said room. Sweetie Belle stopped and stared at Merasmus for a second.

"Hi." She said.

"Hello Sweetie Belle, how are you doing?" Merasmus asked.

"Just great! um...I like your new...pet?" She said as soon as she saw Sky.

"Isn't that one of those timberwolf things?" Diamond tiara asked.

"Well, duh, it's kind of obvious! But what is she doing on your back?" Silver spoon asked.

"I'm taking care of her." Merasmus said. He then looks at diamond tiara and silver spoon. "And if in may ask you both, who are you?" He asks.

"I'm Diamond Tiara, and this is Silver Spoon. What's your name?" Diamond tiara asked.

"My name is Merasmus. So your the two bullies that I heard from Applebloom." Merasmus said.

"It was more me than Silver Spoon. She just went along with me, but, the cutie mark crusaders made me realize I was wrong, because my mother wanted me to feel better than others, and I became who I was..." Diamond tiara said, looking down shamefully.

"But you pulled your self together is what counts!" Sweetie Belle stated. "Now lets go try our costumes on!" She said.

"Yeah!" Silver spoon said. She began trotting towards the back room as Scootaloo came out in a Wonderbolt costume. Merasmus nods.

"I've seen families like that diamond tiara. Were the parents want the kids to be above the others. And who are you supposed to be Scootaloo?" He asked. He sees Scootaloo put on a rainbow wig.

"Rainbow Dash of course!" She said.

"We're probably going to have the coolest costumes ever!" Applebloom yelled. Merasmus laughs.

"'I hope so." He said.

"Well Im gonna go put my costume on!" Sweetie Belle said. Merasmus nods. Sky yawns as she's on Merasmus's back.

"I'm kinda sleepy..." she said.

"If you'd like to take a nap on my back, Sky, you may." Merasmus said.

"Are you sure?" She asked. Merasmus nods.

"I'm sure." Merasmus said. Sky yawns again and lays on Merasmus's back.

"Nighty night." Sky said, falling asleep.

"Night Sky." Merasmus said.

"Aweee, that's cute!" Diamond tiara said. Merasmus smiles.

"It is cute." Merasmus said

"Night Daddy..." Sky mumbled in her sleep. Merasmus blinks multiple times, then warmly smiles. She snores lightly while she sleeps. Sweetie Belle came out of the back room in a vampire costume with Silver Spoon in a fancy outfit.

"We're ready!" She yelled. Merasmus slightly shush's and points to Sky sleeping.

"Aweee..." Sweetie Belle said, smiling.

"That's just to cute." Rarity said.

"It is. Anyway, are we ready?" Merasmus asked. The diamond tiara, silver spoon, and the CMC nod, indicating that they were ready. Sky slept peacefully in Merasmus's mane.

"Let's get going." Merasmus said, walking out the door. Sky smiles as she slept. The fillies all followed Merasmus, ready for a night of scares.

TO BE CONTINUED

Author's Note:

Another day, another chapter. This chapter is going good. Who knows what would happen next. :coolphoto:

Stay tuned to find out.