• Published 8th Dec 2012
  • 2,448 Views, 51 Comments

From Eternia to Equestria - deathtap



A story about the origins of Equestria and how it came to be...

  • ...
5
 51
 2,448

Chapter 5: The Fracture - Part 2

At once the area lit up, unlike before when it took time for the image to appear, this was almost instant. The image cut in almost instantly and the girls all found themselves soaring high above an unfamiliar landscape with a literal birds eye view, or was it pegasi view, of Equestria spread out in front of them. It was gorgeous. Something about the rawness and freshness of it made it seem even more magical.

In the far distance mountains decorated the horizon, and below them was acres and acres of dense forests. To the side stood the floating city of the pegasi. It was in the distance, but they could clearly see just how impressive it was in size. This was nothing like Cloudsdale. The current city was nothing more than a mere village compared to the sprawling metropolis.

The figure suddenly jerked upwards into the skies before diving through the clouds and straight down towards the ground.

"Yeah!" a voice shouted as it leveled off at the last minute, skimming over the tops of the trees.

A few ponies under the canopy looked up and shouted in response, some whooping as the figure darted back upwards towards the skies high above them. Several other pegasi nearby watched the source of the current noise with mixed expressions, but most found themselves busy going on about their lives. Everything seemed so peaceful and perfect. This was the Equestria they all knew and loved. This was the land they lived in. Had Orko done something wrong and loaded the wrong thing?

"Snowy!" a voice called out.

The image came to a sudden halt. It looked towards the west for a moment before turning back to the east. Then, with the same break-neck speed, the video went back the way it had come.

"Snowy? Where are you?" the voice shouted, this time louder than before.

"I'm here, grandpa!" the speaker called out. "I'm here!"

She cut through a gap between two clouds and zipped upwards and over a large pegasus who twisted easily in the air and landed expertly on another cloud. They all recognized him immediately and he watched with quickly waning patience as the flyer kept whizzing around him.

"Okay, that's enough, Snowy. Come here."

The image closed in on the stallion and the speaker landed softly on the same cloud in front of the Element. He reached over and the camera began to shake from side to side. It was obvious that Haze was ruffling her mane.

"Grandpa," the voice moaned. "Stop. It took be all morning to get it to set right."

"You say that, but you messed it up yourself zipping through the sky like that. What did I tell you about diving under the clouds when you're going that fast? I know you like recording your flights, but that is not a toy, my dear," Haze stated. "It's one of the last few that work." Haze took the device and placed it on his head.

Now they could now see the speaker and she was looking up at her grandfather with wide, excited eyes that were so full of life and adventure. The small white pegasus filly had extraordinarily bright green eyes and a flowing orange mane and tail. "I know, I know. I just... it's so fun!"

Her smile was adorable.

"Between you and me, darling, I know exactly what you mean. But if your mother or father ever found out that I let you zip around like that, they'd never let me hear the end of it." The stallion chuckled and ruffled her mane again, to which she protested vocally once more.

A loud explosion thundered across the sky, and in the distance they could see a trail of storm clouds trailing behind three flyers in the far distance. They twisted together with the grace and agility that was the envy of every modern day pegasus who wished to fly with the Wonderbolts. Snowy bounced on her cloud and shouted in glee as they sped towards them for a moment before cutting back and heading into the distance again.

"Wow, grandpa! That was amazing!"

"See? Aren't you glad I told you to get here early? They always patrol this part of the kingdom around this time of day."

"I wish I had a horn too! Then I could fly really fast."

Haze ruffled her mane yet again. "It doesn't matter about your horn, darling. What matters is how much heart you've got. Some of the greatest flyers in our kingdom are pegasi, like us. Plus we get to live on the clouds. They can't."

"Yeah. I know, but I still want to have a horn too, so I can do magic as well!"

"We can do magic, darling. Just not the same kind of magic they do. We have our own magic, and we can live on top of the clouds because of it."

"But I want to do the kind of magic where I can make things move and stuff."

Before Haze could answer he saw another contrail heading towards them. It was fast, perhaps even faster than the alicorns that had zoomed on by. He kept his eye on it as Snowy continued to talk.

"Grandpa?"

"Yes, Snowy?"

"What's he like? The Prince, I mean."

Haze looked down at his granddaughter and smiled. "He's a great prince. He lead our kind through a very dark time and because of his leadership we have lived in peace. You were born into a world where you don't have to worry if you'll survive into tomorrow."

Snowy furrowed her brow. "What do you mean, grandpa?"

"Never you mind, dear. Never. You. Mind..." His voiced trailed off as the pegasus flying towards them drew closer.

"Who's that?"

"Your father."

"But isn't he supposed to be on duty?" Snowy looked up at her grandfather.

Twilight walked around her to get a better view of what they were looking at. From the tone of her voice, the filly seemed so young, but Snowy was already almost her size. These ponies were a lot larger than current Equestrians and she felt tiny standing next to them.

"Yes. He is."

The pegasus charged right at them and came to a sudden stop a few feet from the cloud. A rush of wind surrounded them as the vacuum behind Shock Wave closed pulling the air forwards. Snowy raised her hoof to keep the blast of air from her eyes as her father landed and bowed. That meant he was here on duty, not as her parent.

"News, my liege."

"Speak then, my son. What news has sent you here at such terrific speeds?"

He looked at Snowy who stood next to him with wide eyes, then he shifted his gaze to his father. "It... is not for me to say in front of my daughter, my liege."

Haze did not seem to accept this answer. "She is old enough. These are times of peace, what could possibly be of any serious concern?"

"Please," His son muttered.

"Speak!" Haze growled angrily. "Do not waste my time."

"Sire, our Prince summons you to Canterlot right away! There have been... problems."

"Problems? What kind of problems?" Haze asked, concern evident in his eyes.

"The worst kind, my lord." When it was apparent that Haze was not going to do anything without any more explanations, he narrowed his eyes. "Trouble to the west, sir. Changelings."

"Snowy!" Haze yelled.

The pegasus leaped where she stood surprised by the sudden outburst. "Y-yes, grandfather?"

"Go back home with your father."

The filly was confused. "W-why?"

"No more questions. Go. Fly! Fly as fast as you can! Son, you make sure she gets home and you do what needs to be done, do you understand?"

"Of course, father."

Haze spread his wings and in one flap he shot into the sky. The image moved so fast that all the girls could see was a continuous blur. Rainbow's eyes lit up. Even with her talent, this was fast and it was clear that she may have been the fastest pony in Equestria today, but that may not have been always the case. Perhaps it was because of their larger wingspan, or the fact that they were bigger and had larger muscles. Rainbow watched the world zip by them and she leaned with Haze as he twisted and turned.

He rolled in mid-air and dipped down towards a steep valley, his powerful wings disturbing the ground below. Then he suddenly zoomed upwards as a gust of air pushed him back into the sky and he swung around a mountain peak and headed across a vast plain.

The girls did a collective gasp. In front of them, far below, was a city the likes they had never seen before. Not only was its size far larger than that of their current Equestrian cities, but it was beautiful. Tall towers that stretched almost as high the as clouds, large streets that accommodated thousands of ponies, markets that were bustling with life, the sounds of the city washed over them as the Haze slowed down.

Some had spotted him and cheered. Others followed suit, waving their hooves at their protector.

He waved back, but continued towards the far end of the city were a large stone wall was built at the base of a mountain, its walls tall and black. Through the gateway a large river flowed through, and the girls could see many ponies enjoying its cool waters feeding the city below it. The water was so practically transparent, it was so clean and it was clear that the city benefited from indoor plumping.

"This is amazing! Look at how complex the infrastructure is! Everything from clean water to public transport is already here! And look, schools, law enforcement-" Twilight paused the scene. "I mean, we never really realized just how many of these things we've taken for granted."

"That is interesting," Rarity replied, nodding at her friend. "I for one love the way they've designed this city. It's simply fabulous. I must be such a wonderful place to grow up, and think of all the markets and fashion! I mean, just look at the styles some of these ponies are wearing! I can infuse them with today's styles and make a line of-"

Pinkie hopped over to Twilight. "Where is this place? I don't recognize it."

"Neither do I," Celestia said looking around. "Perhaps it was too long ago, or maybe this was in a land very far away. I can't make out anything that can pin-point this location. There isn't a mountain this tall in Equestria."

"Let's continue. Maybe we'll spot somethin' we'll all recognize," Applejack suggested.

With that, Twilight resumed the feed.

Haze caught another updraft, but this time he rode on it gently, allowing the thermal currents to carry him higher and higher along the steep mountain's slope. Droplets of water from the waterfall fell onto the recording device bending the image slightly.

When they reached the top, they spotted a large lake in the middle of the peak. It took Twilight to realize that this was probably a volcano that had been extinct, the lake formed inside its mouth.

After gaining some altitude, Haze started to descend towards a circular podium on the lake's surface. It was clear that it was ponymade and not natural the closer he got. Despite the waterfall at the end of the lake, the water here was calm and peaceful and in the middle of this particular dais was a tree where the wide, heart-shaped leaves were a deep, vibrant green and petals of a bright blue and white huge were being caught in the gentle breeze landing delicately on the water's surface. From here, long lines of stretched out across the lake connecting to other podiums of various heights and shapes. that connected to a large circle right in the middle where a small tree stood with beautiful pink flowers whose petals delicately landed on the lake's surface whenever the breeze caught it. It was here that Haze landed, though he did not take in the beauty, nor marvel at the elegant architecture of his surroundings. Instead he marched forwards at a quick pace to the entrance of what they girls could only assume to be the palace. Armored alicorn guards stood at attention as Haze drew near, withdrawing their spears as they stood at attention.

Once inside, the girls noticed a lot of activity. Armed guards of all kinds were rushing past Haze in groups, all giving the Element the courtesy of a bowed head, but most did not stop. Orders were being shouted from one end to the other as groups of guards got into position, and as Haze walked into a large open space within the palace, there was a platoon of earthbound stallions gearing themselves up.

Whatever was going was must have been very important.

"My lord!" a voice shouted, and a mare fell in step with the stallion.

"Hello, Phosphorous," Haze said as politely as he could. "Can you please tell me what is happening?"

"Sir, I'm afraid I'm not sure. We were told to prepare for an engagement with the changelings. That was all. Ever since last night the troops have been on high alert, but as to why... well, you probably know more than I do." The pale yellow earth pony stated. Two light colored lines along her back were visible and a rough patch of fur on the top of his head. She had once been an alicorn and she had aged most gracefully.

"Ma'am," a unicorn stated running up to them. He bowed low to Haze. "It is an honor to be in the presence of one of the Elements. I apologize for this, but Lady Phosphorous is required in the antechamber. The other captains are gathering for orders and her attendance is mandatory."

"I'll be right behind you, Nocturne." They watched him trot off down the hall. "Grandfather was killed in the Changeling War, and he decided to join the Honor Guard in his memory. Peace time has ruined our young ones as a fighting force. I'm afraid that this generation is ill prepared for the horrors we faced during our time."

"The entire point of us existing is because we would relive those horrors. Not them," Haze replied.

The earthbound laughed gently. "No offense, but even you cannot protect every province and corner of our beloved kingdom on your own."

That statement only seemed to annoy him. "Then are we no more than symbols? Symbols that have no power?"

Phosphorous shuddered. "I hope what you say has no weight, my lord. Dark tidings are in store, but I can still hope. Hope that this is a false alarm." With that she also trotted down the hall and took a left where Nocturne had turned.

Haze walked and passed the hallway where Phosphorous entered a room with two large doors. The girls could make out quite a few other ponies in uniform inside just as Haze walked past the corner of the corridor blocking the video feed's angle. Onwards he walked until he arrived in a room. At once two mares approached him from either side. One held a cloak in her magic, the other a brooch in her mouth. The cloak was thrown over Haze's shoulders, the front secured by the brooch that fastened to cloak securely. Then the stallion walked over to a large, golden box and touched it. At once it began to glow and open. Inside was a familiar sight.

"The Element!" Applejack exclaimed.

Haze brought it up so it filled the entire image, then it disappeared above them. The mares followed the movement and continued to stare at it until the necklace was now draped over his him hanging just below the brooch. This was the Element of Honesty, although it was differently shaped to the one that Applejack carried.

"They are expecting you," the pegasus mare stated as she bowed and moved aside.

The unicorn's horn began to glow, as did the handle for the door that lead into the throne as it slowly swung open. As Haze stepped inside, he immediately noticed a black unicorn standing in front of the raised dais. At once his sour mood seemed to disappear. The unicorn turned around, age had not been as kind to him as it had been to Haze, but his smile was still genuine and especially kind.

"Well, well, well. It has been quite some time."

The change in tone of Haze's voice was clear. The morose attitude evaporated after seeing an old friend. "Midnight! How have you been? It has been far too long. I see you're still as young as ever."

"Oh, don't make me laugh. Hurst my chest. I'm getting too old for this," Midnight sighed.

"Well, your coat is still lush and pristine."

"Please. This coat is a burden on any equine with sensibility. It gets hot as soon as the snow stops falling and we have to use most of our own crystals to cool our homes and appliances," Midnight replied. "Then when the snow starts again we have to use the same crystals to heat up our homes! It's a never ending cycle."

The two shared a laugh.

"Ah, but without your crystals we would not have half the comforts we have today."

"Perhaps that wouldn't be such a bad thing. Many of the youngsters today take what they have for granted! Sometimes I wish that they didn't have access to such things. It makes them... weak. Indeed the crystals are useful, but I feel that they are not being used correctly." Midnight sighed. "I suppose I could be over thinking it, but one can never be too careful. At least my new foreman in charge seems bright, if nothing else. I mean he is completely obsessed with them."

"Well, that could also be a good thing." Haze looked around. "Why do you think we have been summoned?"

"I do not have any clue. The alicorn that fetched me stated that he knew nothing, that his orders were to bring me here. Still not used to teleporting. It seems... foreign to me. We never used to teleport in the past."

"I wonder why that is," Haze stated. "Did we always have such power?"

"I guess so. I also think that alicorn magic has become significantly stronger since our arrival here. It's almost as if something within them has been unleashed. A sort of block that was on their powers before has been freed. While our magic has started to become, for the most part, weaker, theirs has gotten stronger."

The pegasus nodded slowly. "I think I understand what you mean. My son has shown great fortitude in his skills at flying, and can fly with the best of them, but the alicorns make him look as if he were standing still in the skies. What do you think it all means?"

"I'm not sure, but it is troubling that all alicorns live in this city and this city alone," Midnight pointed out. "I'm never one to point out issues, but it could become a serious problem in the future."

"Problem? What kind of problem?"

Midnight looked at Haze for a moment. "Nothing. Perhaps I'm over thinking things."

"Not since we formed the Elements has there been any threat that would warrant such a commotion as this," Haze gestured towards the door he had entered. "What could cause such a reaction?"

"No idea. Whatever it is has seemed to be kept quite quiet. I didn't realize the extent of the issue until I arrived here."

"What is this issue? My son only informed me that there has been trouble out west."

"West? It can't be that kind, can it?" Midnight looked down. "No. Not now. Not after everything we've built... the changelings are in Tender Heart's-"

Just then two large stallions entered from the back room along with Swift. Haze and Midnight bowed out of respect for their prince, and he acknowledged them with a nod of his head. He gestured with a hoof towards a large table in an alcove to one side where all five sat comfortably.

"Destrier," Haze said.

It was clear that these two must have had a falling out at some point with the way they reacted towards one another. There was a cold chill that could be felt pass through the hall, and even though this was an ancient recording from many generations in the past, the girls could feel the animosity between the two of them.

"Haze."

"I ask that you put your differences aside for now," Swift stated calmly. "I know that Destrier had insisted that we needed to exterminate the changelings after the war, but that is in the past now. We must look at the situation at hand."

"And what is the situation, Your Highness? You summoned us in a hurry, but neither Midnight nor I had any idea as to the reason."

"Agreed. I have too much work in the northern mines that needs overseeing. The factories cannot run themselves, and there are a sizable group of disgruntled Equines that insist we administer a tax on the exports of the crystals. There's even been proof of tampering on several of the Purification Systems. Black deposits have been found inside them that cause serious damage to any contraption they are inserted in. I fear that the power crystals are being weaponized with the intent to cause harm to others."

"I understand, and I have asked a team of be formed to oversee the matter," Swift stated. "I have read your reports, Midnight. I am not neglecting my duties."

"I never said you were, Your Highness. I was just reminding you that this problem can escalate rather quickly. Already the ponies in the northern kingdoms have threatened to take drastic action. I have informed you that there is a small group there that says that we should form our own empire. Of course I feel that this is detrimental to us. Segregation of our forces will put a strain on our kind."

"Perhaps the changelings have infiltrated this group and have been causing issues," Destrier said coldly.

"Of course they are!" Haze cut in angrily. "That's because all our problems stem from the changeling menace and we should purge them from this world. Isn't that right, Destrier? We should cause genocide because a race of beings you do not understand exist!"

"I am just stating a fact. The changelings only want one thing. Us. They feed off of us. That is evident."

Haze burst out in laughter. "Evident? You don't have any more evidence to state that they do. If what you say is true, then why do they convert us instead of killing and consuming our corpses?"

"I never said that they fed on flesh, Haze."

"Then what?" The pegasus shouted back, standing up. "I find your point of view deplorable."

"We know about your point of view and we know how vocal you are against my thought," Destrier calmly replied. "Still, it stands to reason that they are still a threat, and this proves my point."

"This? What is 'this'?" Haze retorted.

Swift looked at Destrier and nodded.

"It is that serious then?" Midnight stated after seeing the expression on Percheron's face. The Element of Laughter not smiling.

"It is as Destrier had predicted," Swift said in a neutral voice.

Haze's blood froze. "What do you mean, sire?"

"I mean that Destrier was right!" Swift yelled slamming his hoof on the table in anger. The magic power inside him caused a bolt of lightning that cut through the table itself. "I should have listened... but I was tired. Tired of all that death and killing. I realize now that when it comes to war, you cannot show kindness."

He let the words sink in.

"Tender... Tender Heart... what has she done?" Haze sputtered as the weight of Swift's meaning slowly started to press down on him.

"Enough."

"She... she wasn't summoned?"

"She was, but she will not come. Not willingly at least." Swift looked away from them and walked to the nearest window. They were the only ones in that room at that moment. "I had sent an alicorn to inform Tender Heart to come here and explain why she has closed the borders to the west. The kingdom is already feeling ripples from her abandonment. I had no idea that she could be corrupted."

"But we are the Elements! We can use the Power of Grayskull to-"

"The Elements are no longer in tune with one another. Now that I concentrate on my magic I can tell that they have not been in harmony for a while. We have carefully maintained these years of peace and prosperity, but now that this has happened they have started to wane. Already we can see troubles in the north, some to the south, east and in your own sky there is talk of sedition."

"Impossible! Such things I would have come to know!" Haze replied. "I have heard nothing of this."

"Nor would you. Do you think that they would tell you, an Element of Harmony, that they wish to separate themselves? I am sorry Haze, but your beloved has betrayed us. They Harmony has been broken. Without it, peace cannot be maintained."

"What happened?" Haze shouted taking a step towards the prince. "What happened to her?"

"As far as we know," Destrier cut in, stepping in front of Haze, "Tender has been infected by the same poison that corrupted Spirit."

"What are you talking about? What infection? Surely we cannot isolate her because she is sick."

Midnight placed a hoof on Haze's shoulder. "No, my friend. Not that kind of sickness, I'm afraid. This is the worst kind of infection. She has been taken by the very thing she sought to cure."

It was clear that deep in his heart he was denying the inevitable. The way his entire demeanor fell looked like he was physically hit. "It is not possible. Swift killed her! How could Spirit corrupt-"

Swift held his hoof up and all silenced themselves. "She has been tainted. Of that, we have no doubt. We don't know how long nor how deep the infection has seeped, but it is clear. She has broken the Harmony we have forged through so much pain and suffering. Already the borders to the west have had rumors of disappearances. Too many to be attributed to natural causes. Most of our population are young foals. They are not prepared for the horrors of war. We cannot, will not, allow them to endure what we had suffered in the past. We cannot let our children inherit our burden."

"Then why mobilize the army?" Midnight asked. "Surely the Elements can handle this ourselves. Even if one of us has broken their oath, the other five can maintain the peace."

"No. The Elements were forged from the Swords of Power and Protection. Each of the Elements contains shards from both. They cannot work alone."

Haze stepped forward. "That's insane! Why would you do that?"

"Because if ever the Elements were to fall into the wrong hands and our enemy find a way to weaponize them. Only if all six Elements work together in harmony can the full power of the Castle Grayskull be used. That was the only way to ensure that none could use an Element's power for their own selfish gain. I was confident that none of you would attempt it, but as generations go by and as ambitions change, there will be one day when one will try to oust me or my line from its right to rule. When that happens, the Elements of Harmony should not, can not, will not, be used." Swift closed his eyes and inhaled a deep sigh. He was tired, that much the girls could tell. "When I slayed my wife, the creature that caused her to be as evil as she was exited her body. I freed her from the curse that had taken her."

"What? You're saying that this so-called infection is free to attack whomever?" Haze was none too pleased to hear that. "You should have warned us!"

"I did. Why do you think that even after all these long years I did not slow our patrols, nor left any of our subjects free from scrutiny? It has always been because I expected this day would come. It was inevitable. Not with Hordak-"

"Hordak?" Haze narrowed his eyes and stepped forwards. "You're telling us that Hordak is behind this?"

"Yes. Do you not remember his appearance at my castle? He had admitted to corrupting Spirit's mind, twisting her thoughts into a jealous rage. That was how he managed to convince her to attack and raze the first Canterlot city, and also had my son, Winter, slain in the process."

"I apologize, Your Highness. I had forgotten," Haze replied, bowing his head in shame.

Swift shook his head. "I don't blame you. How could any bare the thought of remembering anything from that time? It has been so long, but as long Hordak remains I will not stop hunting him. He is not like before. His mind and that of Horde Prime are at odds with each other. I can't say for sure, but I suspect that it is so. This makes him even more dangerous because he is unpredictable."

"Then what will we do? We cannot avoid telling the troops to prepare without informing them of why!" Midnight growled. "How long have you known?"

"I have known a couple of months. I had gone to the west to demand why crop production was faltering. The place was evil, I could feel it in the pulse of the land itself. The ground beneath my hooves was crying out in agony. This was no place for a living thing to be. It was as if the very soil had been infused with darkness," Destrier stated. "We headed for their new capital. They had built it around the entrance to Tartarus-"

"Why would they do that?" Haze shouted. "I was there just ten years ago! There was barely a hovel there housing a few guards!"

"It is now a sprawling metropolis filled with hate, crime and swarming with denizens and unmentionables. Creatures that have evolved somehow, and have made a living for themselves in... less than honorable ways." Percheron replied. "Yes, I had visited the new capital as well. Aptly named Rift. It is doing precisely that. The city lures those that feel they have no other place to go to, or belong. It is a den of evil. It is causing a rift in our kind. Never before have I seen animosity of the sort between pegasi, earthbound and unicorns there."

"Racial bigotry? Have they really descended to that level?" Midnight could not believe his ears.

Percheron nodded. "They have. Still, there are pockets of normal ones that have maintained our principals, but it is quickly fading."

"What do you propose then?" Haze asked.

"Simple. We go to Rift and find Tender Heart before she does anything that could cause a serious divide between our kind. Then the army will move in to prevent the changelings from causing an uprising." Swift looked at each of them in the eyes. "We then shuffle them into Tartarus and lock them away. Any that try to escape..."

"That is murder!" Haze shouted. "That goes against everything we stand for! If we compromise on what makes us the Elements of Harmony then we are no better than them!"

"Tell that to the thousands that will die if we don't," Destrier replied coldly. "I won't pretend to understand the turmoil you must feel inside you, Haze. I will never understand. But this isn't about us. It's about those we have sworn to protect. You gave your word that you do whatever it took to protect our subjects. This is that time. Even if it means protecting them from the one you love."

"I know full well my oath. Don't think that for once I have forgotten it. But I will not condone the mass murder of a species that I have just learned we helped create! That is... abhorrent! Swift, you cannot allow this to happen."

"I do not wish it to be so," the prince replied. "I do not give this order lightly. Never can I give this order lightly, but then again it is an order I cannot make alone. That is why I have asked you to come here. If we do not do something it will seep into the rest of our lands and those that we protect. Then what will happen? If they start 'converting' our subjects into slaves as they had done in the past, what will become of our entire existence?"

"It is wrong!" Haze barked back. "Tender would never allow such a thing to happen!"

"It is not Tender Heart anymore!" Destrier argued. "Understand that!"

"Our duty is to protect all our subjects! Even those that have been infected! That is not our way!" Haze countered. "Y-you should all know this! Swift! Do not give this order. Please! I beg you."

"I do not give this order easily, Haze. I do not make this decision alone. Without a majority vote here I will not allow it to happen. We cannot initiate an action without proper debate. If you think that there are alternatives, then we would gladly hear them."

Destrier looked to Swift, who nodded in agreement.

"Then let us vote," Percheron stated. "Those who agree that our best course of action shall be to capture Tender Heart and retrieve the Element of Kindness, then banish the changelings into Tartarus, raise your hooves."

Destrier raised his hoof, followed by Percheron a moment later. Swift closed his eyes, and raised his hoof as well. Then, to his horror, as could be seen on his face, Haze watched as Midnight raised his hoof as well.

"Sorry, Haze. This is really the only way," Midnight explained sadly.

"No! This is wrong! I refuse to allow-" The screen immediately went black as the recording stopped.

Author's Note:

*Proof of electricity in current MLP timeline: