• Published 4th Oct 2015
  • 1,882 Views, 7 Comments

The Returning Dragon - Raikiry



What will happen a purple dragon comes back for five years and he haven't seen his friends.

  • ...
5
 7
 1,882

Chapter 3: A Unexpected Suprise

Spike spewed out green flame as he set his letter to Celestia. He watched the green cloud fly off towards Canterlot.


"Hopefully that's the last one of those I've got to send," Spike said, turning away from the window.



"So what are your plans the rest of the day?" Twilight asked Spike.

I know where this is going, Spike thought, quickly preparing his excuse.
"Because I got a whole new shipment of books the other day, and I need some help sorting them," Twilight added, with a spark of excitement in her eye.


"Actually, Twilight, I was going to go around with Rainbow and let everyone else know I'm back!" Spike quickly said as he started to inch towards the doorway, Rainbow Dash caught on right away and followed his lead.

"Yeah! we've got a whole lot of people to tell, so we don't have any time help out sorting books," Rainbow said to back up Spike.


"Are you sure you can't stay for a little whi-"Twilight began to say before a purple and rainbow blur went out the door and slammed it shut, leaving Twilight alone again.

Twilight let out a deep sigh.
"Looks like I'll be sorting books alone... Agai-"Twilight was interrupted yet again, but this time by Pinkie quickly opening the door.


"Twilight! Here's an invitation to Spike's welcome back party, it's tonight at Sugarcube Corner, you're going to come right?" Pinkie said, knowing there was no way Twilight was going to miss this party.

"Well, I've got a lot of books to sort out by this afternoon, but..." Twilight had stopped talking as she noticed Pinkie started to buzz around the room at insane speeds putting books in their proper places on the shelves. Moments later the pink mare was bouncing out of the library.


"See you tonight Twilight!" Pinkie said as she closed the door.

Twilight simply stood for a moment, trying to take in what had happened.


"It's just Pinkie, calm down," she said, turning from the door. On the table was the same romance novel she has just hidden earlier with a note on it.

Dear Twilight,
This book was hidden away in the refrigerator for some reason, and I thought that you may have been reading it during breakfast and forgot it in there! So I took it out for you and wrote this note so you would know why it's here.
From, Pinkie Pie


"Might as well finish reading it," Twilight said taking the romance novel she just hid off to her room.

************************************************************************
"Whew, good thing we got out of there before she roped us into sorting books," Rainbow said flying alongside Spike.


"Yeah, that's the last thing I want to be doing my first day back in Ponyville," Spike said as he began his route to the next mare.

Isn't this the route to Carousel Boutique? Rainbow Dash thought to herself.
"So, who are we visiting next?" Rainbow asked.


"Rarity! I bet she will be really glad to see her Spikey-wik- I mean, grown up and mature Spike again!" Spike said, trying to cover up his little slip up.

I don't think he knows. Wait, of course he doesn't know! He's been gone for 5 whole years! Rainbow began to worry to herself a little bit.


should I break the news to him? I don't know how he will take it.

"Umm... Spike?" Rainbow Dash began as they were approaching the boutique.


"Yes?" Spike said, not paying attention to Rainbow Dash at all.



"You know Rarity is taken right?" Rainbow said hesitantly.



"Taken with what?" Spike said, without even looking back.

He is not even paying attention to me! Rainbow thought offended.
"You know, like... she's dating somepony?" Rainbow dash said, almost yelling.


"I'm pretty sure Rarity doesn't like dates," Spike said, deep in thought.

Rainbow Dash let out a huge sigh of frustration.


"Dragons are complete idiots," Rainbow said knowing that the dragon wouldn't even catch it.



"Mmmhmm," was the only response Spike gave back.



This is going to be interesting, Rainbow Dash thought as Spike approached the door to knock on it.

************************************************************************
Oh boy! I bet Rarity is gonna be super impressed with the new, grown up Spike! He thought as he began to knock on the door.


"Come in!" said an unfamiliar stallion's voice.

She must just have a guest over! Spike thought happily to himself.
Spike saw Fancy Pants sitting down at the table with a cup of tea magically being held up beside him.

"Why, hello there Rainbow Dash... and is that Spike? It's been some time since I last saw you. It was at the royal wedding, was it not?" Fancy Pants said setting down his tea and walking over to the guests.

"Ummm... Yeah, it was. What brings you to Ponyville?" Spike inquired from the stallion.


"Well, I was just here to pick up Rarity before we head out on a date, but you know how she is with getting ready. Everything must be perfect." Fancy Pants finished with a bit of a chuckle.



Did he just say date?

"A date?" Spike asked, as if he missed what he had said.


"Yes, a date, we are going to the fanciest restaurant in town; Le Balle De Foin." Fancy Pants said with pride.

"Who's that downstairs?" said a very familiar voice from upstairs.


"Rainbow Dash and Spike have come to visit you, dear!" Fancy Pants responded back up.



"Spike is here? I'll be down in a second!" The voice called back followed by the clattering of things being thrown about and hastily put away.



Spike soon saw Rarity to walk from downstairs in a beautiful blue gown decorated with many jewels.

"Hello there my little Spikey-Wikey, it's so lovely to see you again after all these years!" Rarity said walking up to Spike and giving him a hug.


"I-it's good to see you too, Rarity, "Spike said still in a bit of shock from his earlier revelation.



Rarity glanced at the clock on her wall and let out a gasp, "Oh, look at the time! We are already late for our date. I am sorry I can't stay and chat Spike, but we simply must be on our way."

"It's alright. I'll just drop by another day, "Spike said defeated.


"Hmmmm. Tomorrow I should be free around three or four in the afternoon. Would you care to stop by then?" She began to ask as the three ponies and the dragon stepped out of the boutique.



"I guess that works for me, since I don't really have any other plans." Spike said, giving out a bit of a sigh.



"Sound like a plan! I will see you tomorrow then Spike!" Rarity said as she walked away with Fancy Pants.

As soon as they were out of sight Spike turned to Rainbow Dash, who was has been watching the whole scene play out.


"Why didn't you tell me she was dating somepony?" Spike yelled at Rainbow Dash.

"Oh, it must've slipped my mind," Rainbow said unenthusiastically.


"When did it happen?" Spike asked Rainbow Dash, still very upset.

"She and Fancy hooked up about two years ago," she began to explain, "The princess sent us some more gala tickets that year, though I'm not sure why she'd invite us again after the first time we went."
************************************************************************


Twilight stepped out of the carriage and turned to the rest of the group, "Now, this time we aren't going to mess this up, right?" Twilight said, questioning the rest of her friends.

"Psh, don't worry about it Twi, "Rainbow Dash said, exiting the carriage after her, "we'll just do what we should have done last time, stick together!"


"But what if everypony remembers us, and points and laughs at us!" said Fluttershy as she peeked out of the carriage, "I don't think I could take it. I think I'll stay here and- "



"It's time to paaaarrrrtaaaayyy!" shouted Pinkie, as she leaped out of the carriage along with a plethora of confetti, dragging Fluttershy along with her.





"Rarity I am wearing my hat, and that's final!" Applejack said, walking out of the carriage with a white mare right behind her.



"Applejack, please! It doesn't match the dress I made you at all! You simply must wear this hat instead!" Rarity said pulling out an extremely fluffy, pink hat.



"Your jokin', right sucarcube?" said Applejack giving Rarity a very confused look.

"This hat will make you look so much more dignified and fitting of such a party." Rarity said tossing her hair a bit.


"There ain't no way I'm wearin' that hat, Rarity," Applejack said, walking toward where the rest of the group was gathering.

"But you simply MUST!" she said, in close pursuit of the orange mare.
'

"Alright girls, where are we going to go first?" Twilight said turning around to see her two friends arguing and Pinkie trying to get Fluttershy out of a nearby bush.

"GIRLS!" Twilight shouted, getting all of them to be quiet and stare at her.


"Ahem... can we all try not to argue tonight and maybe just have some fun?" Twilight asked, giving them all a sad look.

The group all let out small "alrights" and apologized to one another.
"Good, now let's go have some fun!" Twilight said, leading the group into the castle.
************************************************************************
"Alright girls, I will be right back, I'm just going to grab some punch." Rarity called out, leaving her group of friends.


She trotted over to the table of food and picked up one of the glasses and used her magic to begin and begin pouring herself some punch.

"Rarity? What a coincidence, I was just talking to a friend about you earlier tonight," Fancy Pants said, walking up to Rarity.


"Fancy Pants! It's a pleasure to see you again, "Rarity said, lifting her glass of punch beside her with her magic.

"It has been quite some time since you last visited from Ponyville, some of us up here miss having you at our little parties." Fancy Pants said giving off a slight sigh.


"Yes, I wish I could attend more of those, but I cannot leave my boutique behind and my friends behind," Rarity said.

"Hmmmmm... I do believe I have an idea," said Fancy Pants, rubbing his chin.
************************************************************************
"So that's when Fancy started visiting Ponyville, and he kept visiting more and more until he just moved here," Rainbow said, finishing the story.


I guess it was just never meant to be, Spike thought giving off yet another sigh calming down from his earlier shock.

"Well, I guess we can go visit Applejack next," Spike said, heading off to Sweet Apple Acres and Rainbow Dash was right beside him.