• Published 10th Sep 2015
  • 293 Views, 18 Comments

The Dragon Master And His Princess - Chocolate Pony



A Dragon master, and a princess. How will the two mix?

  • ...
 18
 293

4. Somepony Else

I ended up spitting my drink out, gaping in shock. There was no way. She had to be joking. She was joking. Right? The look on her face made me think not.

"You're kidding, right?" I asked, although I pretty much knew the answer.

"No, I'm not. I'm not one to joke about love, Anna. It seems like the only logical explanation" Cadance replied.

"B-But, I have no clue who I could be in love with! I've never met another pony I've had feelings for. Besides Hans the low life,Kristoff is the only stallion I've ever had feeling like this for. I swear!"

"I believe you, Anna. But, maybe it's not somepony you met. Maybe it's somepony you have yet to be acquainted with."

Was she something stupid like...destiny? Oh please! There was no way I could be in love with a stallion hadn't met. Who was I? Juliet?!

"I refuse to believe that, Candace. Nothing against you. It just seems...pretty far fetched" I said, biting my lip.

"I understand. It's not an easy thing to believe. It's just, I don't see why else you'd feel so guilty, upset, and non happy being with Kristoff. Unless....you're already seeing another stallion. Or mare" She replied.

"What!? Oh Luna no! I would never cheat on Kristoff!" I exclaimed, panicking.

"I figured not. You don't cross me as that type of mare. You're too loyal to do such a thing. But, I just wanted to be sure. Well, that's all the advice I have for you. I'm sorry I couldn't offer more help" Cadence apologised.

I sighed, saying it was no big deal. We finished our lunch, and headed back home. I trailed behind a little, staring at the ground. I pondered what Cadence had said before, biting my lip. Was it true? Could I possibly be in love with somepony else? And if so, who could it-

I was snapped out of my thoughts when a black blur slammed into me, knocking me down. I hit my head on the crystal ground, whining in pain. I heard hooves run up to me, trying to look up.

"Are you ok!? I'm so sorry!" A voice exclaimed.

"I-I'm fine. Just, a mild headache now" I replied, trying to stand up.

"No, no. Don't move. I'll...pick you up."

I groaned as I felt myself being picked up in somepony's hooves. It took my vision a moment to clear up. Guess I'd hit my head harder than I thought. Once it had, I looked up at a stallion. He had a messy brownish-reddish mane, dreamy green eyes, some lite freckles on his face, and interesting armor. He was...incredibly handsome, to say the least.

"Again, so sorry I ran into you. I told Toothless he was getting too close" He said, walking up to the castle.

Toothless? Who or what was he talking about? I had to much of a pounding head to think about it. The stallion carried me up the steps, and inside. I was surprised when the guards let him enter. Did he know the royal family?

He talked to one of the maids, but I couldn't tell what he was saying. She motioned to the upstairs with a hoof, and nodded. He proceed to walk up the steps, taking me upstairs. He got to the door and opened it. I recognised it as the bedroom I was saying in for the night. He gently laid me on the bed, looking at me.

"Are you alright, miss?" He asked.

I would've replied, but my blurry vision had returned. It didn't take long for unconsciousness to follow.


Hiccup's POV

I hit a mare! Well Toothless did, but still! He's my responsibility! I should've been more stern about him not getting too close to ponies on the ground. I'd tried asking her if she was alright, but she knocked do it. I hope and pray she's not too badly hurt.

"Don't worry, Hic. I'm sure she'll be fine" Princess Candace said, trotting up beside me.

"I hope so. I'd never forgive myself if she was really injured. I could never imagine hurting such a lovely mare" I siad, quicker tthan I could think.

Cadence gave me a funny look when I said that. I blushed brightly, rubbing the back of my neck with my hoof. I can't believe I said that out loud! How embarrassing.

Luckily, my embarrassment was cut short when the mare I'd hit groaned, opening her eyes. I used my magic to help her sit up. She insisted that she was fine, speeding her wings. Wait...wings? My heart almost stopped when I saw that. I thought she was just a unicorn!

"You're a...a...alicorn!?" I exclaimed, backing up a little.

"Yeah...? You just now figured that out?" She replied, looking surprised.

"Forgive me, your highness! I had no idea! I thought you were unicorn until now! I didn't notice your wings till now! I never should've ran into you! I'm sorry!" I yelped, bowing down.

I was bewildered when I was met with laughter. The princess nearly fell off the bed laughing so hard. She wiped some tears away with her hoof, still chuckling.

"It's amazing how a pony will panic if they believe they've upset or offended royalty. They really believe we'll just.. turn them to ashes right then and there" She said, still wiping her eyes.

I was surprised the princess took it so...light heartedly. Made me feel slightly better about things. She slowly got out of the bed, stretching. I couldn't help but watch the way she did so. Her body moved in a seemingly...sensual manner. I know she wasn't intending on it but...It looked that way.

Her mane and tail was a lovely strawberry blonde. She had them both braided perfectly. She had some freckles on her cream colored fur. Her cuitemark, was a bit like Cadence's. Only, hers was a heart with frost patterned edges. It was like her, beautiful. But, the most stunning thing...was her eyes. She opened her eyes in the middle of her stretching, her lashes sweeping across her beautiful features. Those aqua irises could could make any stallion swoon. I was finding myself getting lost in them deeper and deeper as the precious seconds ticked by.

"Hiccup? Hiccup? Hiccup!?" Candace shouted, waving a hoof in front of me.

I shook my head, finally snapping out of my intoxicating trance. The princess had finished stretching, eyeing me closely. She almost seemed...lost in the same trance I had been in moments ago. Her gorgeous eyes moved slowly up my figure. Like a painter examining every line and detail. Those utterly captivating irises met with mine, causing my heart to stop.

I was now caught in a new trance. We both were. The world had seemed to slow down around us, time pausing for an instant. And for the first time in ages, I felt like something....wasn't missing. Whatever piece wasn't there before....it was now.