• Published 10th Sep 2015
  • 292 Views, 18 Comments

The Dragon Master And His Princess - Chocolate Pony



A Dragon master, and a princess. How will the two mix?

  • ...
 18
 292

1. The Dragon Master

I flew Toothless higher into the clouds, enjoying every moment. I hadn't been able to take him on a flight like this in days. Maybe even weeks. After all, being chief pony ment not slacking off. Dad had always considered me flying off all the time as just getting out of doing work. That was...partially true.

I sighed as I thought back to my dad. He'd been such a great stallion. Tears started to form in my green eyes at the flashbacks that came to me. They were blown out of my eyes by the wind, luckily. Because a familiar voice called for me.

"Hiccup!" Astrid shouted, flying Stormfly up to me.

"Slow down, bud" I commanded Toothless.

He immediately obeyed, slowing down slightly. Astrid pulled up beside me, smiling gently. "How you doing, babe?"

"Great. Just taking Toothless on a flight. We...both needed it" I replied, rubbing his head with my hoof.

"I figured as much. But, couldn't you at least tell your fiance where you're going before disappearing?" She asked, moving closer.

I secretly groaned behind my mask. I wasn't disappearing. Even I had my moments when I needed a break. Did I always have to tell her where I was going? And at that moment...it returned. That feeling. The feeling I don't understand.

"Hic? Are you listening?" Astrid asked, clearly annoyed.

"Huh? Yeah. Sorry. Just...lost in thought" I replied, looking up at her.

She smiled, pushing aside her braided mane. I used to adore that smile on her face. But, it suddenly wasn't so admirable anymore. And I didn't even know why! I couldn't tell her that! She's my fiance! My soon to be wife!

I instantly shuddered at the thought of that. What is my problem? Before, I could only dream of getting Astrid, the most beautiful mare ever, to even consider dating me. Let alone agreeing to marry me. Why the hay was it such an unpleasant thought now?!

"Astrid I need to go. Bye!" I suddenly exclaimed.

Without even giving her the chance to argue, I had Toothless take off. Astrid shouted after me, but I ignore her calls. Toothless shot through the sky at intense speeds, leaving her behind instantly.

"Thanks, bud" I said, leaning back.

He purred in reply, looking up at me. He was clearly wondering why I'd just done that. Frankly, I was wondering the same thing. I sighed, looking up at the stars.

"I don't know what's wrong with me, Toothless. It's just...every time Astrid looks at me in an admiring way, kisses me, flirts with me, etc, it doesn't fell right. Even when ponies congratulate me on my engagement, or ask about the wedding, I find myself not wanting to respond. That's why I dodge questions about anything related to it as much as I can. But...why? Why am I feeling this way?"

I felt like screaming in frustration all over again. Just like when my dad and I had been arguing about how to handle Drago. This is frankly just as stressful, annoying, upsetting, everything!

I groaned, still looking up at the stars. I watched a few shooting stars shoot by. I closed my eyes, breathing deeply. Right now, there was only one so glad question on my mind.

What am I missing?