• Published 8th Sep 2015
  • 24,077 Views, 276 Comments

A New Life - Roman



A 19 year old boy who had an unhappy childhood has a second chance at it. Just not in the way he would have liked.

  • ...
45
 276
 24,077

Going too far

Going too far

“No!” Twilight said as she tossed another book into an ever growing pile of books. She had spent the whole night in the castle's library, going through book after book. “Somepony must know something on it’s wereabout’s!”

Using her magic, she picked another book off one of the bookshelves. Floating it over to herself she read the title.

A History of Castles and their locations
From Equestria and beyond

By Professor Stone Hoof

“Well let’s see what you have to say on the subject.” Sighed Twilight as she started to flip through the book. “Please-please-pleeaaasse have something on castle Wolfenstein!”

“Err… Twilight, its 4:23am!”

Twilight jumped and spun around to face the voice’s owner.

“Oh Spike, don’t sneak up on me like that!” Said Twilight taking a few deep breaths to calm herself down. Spike walked in to the library (while grumbling at the messy pile of books).

“Twilight, I thought we agreed ages ago to no more late-night research!” Spike said an annoyed sleepy tone, as he made his way to Twilights side as she gave him a sheepish look.

“Sorry Spike.” She said to the baby dragon. Turning back to the book, she began to flip through it once more. “But this is very important. I have to find out if anypony has written something on the Castle that Moonlight Eclipse was imprisoned in. So Princess Celestia and Luna can find it and-” she paused and took a deep breath before growling in anger “Bring those, ‘MONSTERS’ to justice!”


“Okay.” Says Spike with one question on his mind. “How do you know she was telling the truth about… all this?”

Twilight paused in her page skimming. Turning her head to face the baby dragon, who met her gaze with his questioning look and his claws on his hips?

“What do mean Spike?” she asked

The little dragon looked at Twilight with a raised eyebrow as she asked this.

“This condition, this castle wolf thing.”

“Wolfenstein!” Corrected Twilight, now giving him a frown.

“Right, ‘Wolfenstein’.” Said Spike bluntly. “But, I mean… you told me she was like… five, or something. So how do you know this all didn’t just come off the top of her head? You told me yourself she was devotional.”

Twilight set the book down on the table. Looking away from Spike with sad sigh. She felt a lump forming in her throat, but swallowed it as quickly as it came.

“Spike. You weren’t in the throne room when she told us!” she said sadly. “She was so perceptive. So detailed in her description!”

She then wiped her head around to face Spike, who took step back at the frown she giving him.

“She said and knew things that a child her age… or any, pony should ever know!”

Spike gulped, “L-l-l-like, w-w-what?” He stammered. Only causing Twilight’s frown to deepen.

“It’s properly best if you don’t know!” Said Twilight solemnly turning back to the book on the table. She sniffed once, just remembering what Moonlight said was almost enough make her weep for the poor filly and all the other poor souls that could still be trapped in that terrible place.

“Twilight, please. What’s so bad about it that you can’t tell me?” asked Spike.

Twilight looked back at him. She took a deep breath, “Spike, these are the worst crimes in Equstria’s or any kingdoms history!” she looked away. “I never thought anypony, or any sentient critter would stoop to… killing!”

Spike walked up and began to pat her shoulder. “I guess if something like this would get you this upset. Then I she was probably telling the truth.”

Twilight smiled down at him.

“Hey.” Said Spike. “What was with Cadence? She came back from Canterlot this evening in a really bad mood.” He grimaced at the memory. “I asked her what was wrong, and she just snapped at me.”

Twilight just chuckled. “Probably just one of her mood swings. All pregnant mares get them.”

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..
(Canterlot Castle 8:30am)


I sat in the middle of the carpet in the middle of Luna’s room. And staring at a stuffed pink pony with a purple mane doll.

Yeah… you see, after Luna brought me back to her room. And calmed me down from my ‘cryfest’ she showed me my ‘surprise’. Turns out yesterday she sent those two guards that were with us to go out get me. Toys. Which currently surround me at this very moment.

Yellow cubed blue rimed building blocks with moons and stars, stuffed pony dolls of all colours of the rainbow with manes and tales all the colours of Quality streets and a brown teddy bear was almost the size of me.

But no Lego. I love that stuff.

And man I miss it. I always collected it, even today I still collect it, and my oldest is from 1999. It’s a shame that they don’t have it he-

What the FUCK am I doing?

I looked down at the doll I had been staring at earlier. Only now it was in my forehooves and…

What the hell is in my mouth?


I spat out a… hair brush? What the hell was I doin… WAS I… oh God.


“Oh sweetie, I didn’t mean to disturb your game.” Said an all too familiar voice as its owner approached me.

I should probably keep my ears open for when the door opens.

Luna scooped me up with her forehooves and brought me up to eye level. And she’s wearing the carrier… great.

“Time for breakfast darling.” She said, as she nuzzled me on the snout. “I bet you’re hungry.” And with that, she put me in the pouch.

(…)

It’s been a while since someone said to come for breakfast. My usual morning which involves me getting up at 6:30am for college, putting a slice of bread in the toaster and making myself a coffee. So not really any need to help when it comes breakfast I think I voice this.

“Mummy.” I am probably never going to get used to this word warping thing. “I can salvage my own bre-” Luna stopped my sentence with a forehoof against my muzzle.

“Moonlight. Please look at me!” She said, as she lowered her hoof. I did as she commanded craning neck in order to look up at her. “Honey. You don’t need to scavenge for food anymore.” I see a build-up of tears in her eyes. “You are safe now. You have a home and a family again.” She then frowned, and the floodgates opened up, (I which had an umbrella, because I remember last time she managed to completely soak my hai… I mean mane) as she whispered. “For every second you have suffered, will mean a thousand… No. Five thousand years banishment to the moon!”

Whelp, I now have one sopping wet mane.

Shaking my head like a dog, seemed to get some of the salty liquid out of my hair. But my attempt was still in vain.

“I’m sorry sweetheart.” Said Luna, nuzzling the top of my damp head. “But what you’ve been through. What all those poor souls are going through. It’s just too… too… horrible!” I felt her shiver slightly, as she started to trot down the hall.

OH FOR FUCK SAKE! If I can’t fix this situation, I may never get home.

“And to think. Those monsters, nearly destroyed a miracle!”

Ay?

“A… miracle?” I asked, which made Luna look down at with a smile.

“Honey, you are first natural born alicorn since my sister and me. Even if we had biological foals of our own. The chances of them being born alicorn is a thousand, if not a million to one!” She took a right turn and continued down another glamorous hallway. “But somehow. Two ponies from whichever of the three tribes, were blessed with one.” She then gave me another nuzzle, while her lit up and a door we had just come to opened. “You, are a miracle. And could not be happier to be your mother.” She cooed.

Okay.

Looking straight in front of me, I saw we had entered what I would assume to be a dining room. I say assume because for all I know it could be one those drawing rooms.

There I saw Celestia sitting on a large ruby-red cushion at a largish table with toast, a milk carton, a box of cereal I knew not and… Mother of God… Pancakes!

I could feel my mouth start to water by just looking at them.

“Good morning Luna.” Said Celestia, turning to face us. She then focused her gaze on me, and said in a sweet voice, “And good morning to you too little Moonlight.”

It’s no use. I guess I’m just going to have to put up with name.

“Good morning to you as well sister.” Replied Luna, as she made her way to the table.

“Hi.” I mumbled. I’m still not too sure about Celestia.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

Celestia looked up at her sister, as she sat herself down to her left on an exact copy of the cushion she was sitting on. She then glanced at her ‘niece’.

“Um, Luna.”

“Yes.”

“Isn’t Moonlight a little, old, to be in a foal carrier?” Celestia inquired, while she took a sip of tea and taking her second slice of toast. While Luna just raised an eyebrow at her.

“Celestia, I’m her mother, and I should know what’s best for my foal!” retorted Luna, as she levitated a small stack of pancakes dripping with maple syrup. Moonlight was squirming slightly in the carrier, in attempts to get into a more comfortable position.

“I never said you didn’t know!” Argued Celestia, feeling a little offended. She took a deep breath to calm herself.

She had had a rough day yesterday. First off: Luna had left her a note saying she be missing the first half of court because to spend some time with her adopted daughter, and said she would be back ‘in time’ for the second half of court. Only to show up one hour and thirty-seven minutes late. The first half of court was incredibly dull. And during the second half, one of the castle staff came in to the throne room, to tell Luna that Cadence and Moonlight had returned. As soon as she had said that, Luna had taken off with the speed that would put a wonderbolt to shame. TWO HOURS before the second half of court was supposed to finish!

Celestia shook her head slightly, and looked back up at her sister. “I’m just saying Moonlight is looking a little squished in that carrier, that’s all.”

Luna looked down her daughter. Who was staring at the small stack of pancakes with a hungry eye.

“Hummm.” Luna put a hoof to her chin in thought. “I knew I should have gone for the large size! But the store owner said that this one had a silk interior for extra comfort for your foal.”

Celestia facehoofed.

Moonlight on the other hand, seemed more interested in seeing how far she could lean out of the pouch to reach the still floating pancakes.

“No matter.” Luna said as she plopped the pancakes on a plate. Before levitating two slices of toast from the toast rack. “I’ll send one of the castle staff to get a larger one.”

After she put the slices on a separate plate, she stood up. Levitating the plates by her side.

“Luna where are you going?” asked Celestia, looking at her sister as she made for the door.

Luna looked back at her just before she opened the door.

“Why, Moonlight and I are going to have breakfast in the gardens.” Said Luna happily. “Then, I am going to show her around her new home.”

“Well, I’m afraid after you both finish. You and I have to meet with an ambassador from…” Luna cut Celestia off by raising her hoof.

“I’m sorry Celestia, but I’m going to have to miss it!” Said Luna, turning to fully face her sister. “And I’m afraid I’ll be taking a few months of my royal duties except for raising and lowering the moon.”

Celestia was went slack jawed. “Luna… you… you… you can’t ju-”

“Think of me as going on maternity leave.” Luna said, while planting a kiss on the head of a very confused looking filly.

“Luna! You know very well you only go on maternity leave when you’re going to HAVE a foal!” Celestia said, now beginning to slightly lose her temper.

“Well, I've just become a mother. So I think I am entitled to one.” Said Luna smugly. “You’ve handled the court for a thousand years by yourself during my banishment. So I sure you can handle another twelve months.”

Celestia’s pupils shrank to the size of a marble. “During the time of your banishment. I shortened the hours of court. As you jolly well know!” She snapped.

*Door opens and closes*

But Luna hand already departed with her daughter and breakfast. While her sister was in mid rant.

Celestia’s left eye began to twitch slightly.

“LUNA!”

Author's Note:

Slight change of plan I'm afraid. I trying to not just throw every idea I come up with into the next chapter. So going to try and play my cards right and plan how I'm going to use the idea's so that I am able to still have a story to write for you all.

Anyway, if read what Twilight said. Alex is very perceptive and detailed in his passion for things. (In his case history and video games.) So that is an advantage. But there many more advantages and disadvantages, So lets see if you can spot them in future chapters.

And just for fun: Was Cadence having mood swing. Or, do you think there is another reason?