• Published 8th Sep 2015
  • 24,051 Views, 276 Comments

A New Life - Roman



A 19 year old boy who had an unhappy childhood has a second chance at it. Just not in the way he would have liked.

  • ...
45
 276
 24,051

A Mother and Daughter

A Mother and Daughter

Sunlight shone through the closed curtains and on to my closed eyelids, which slowly opened in response to this.

“Ugh, morning real-life cartoon world that really needs to be visited by my favorite antihero, Gundarr.”

I sat up in a… moon shaped bed. I’m hoping I don’t have to sleep with her long. I’m hoping to get back soon.
I know I slept with her for long. Because she told me so when she invaded my dream.

Ruined my Fallout 4 wasteland dream (thinking it was horrible memories mixed with delusions of humans), telling that she is sleeping right by me and will keep me safe and all that rubbish.

Stretching my limbs I stood up. To be honest, the mattress is really comfy. Walking to the end of the bed, I readied to jump to the floor. It was time to make another escape attempt.

Okay. The floor is not that far away, so just a quick jump down and…

*clip-clop, clip-clop*
*sound of talking*

Shit! Someone’s coming.

I shot straight back to the pillow end of the bed and sat on the said pillow. The doors opened, and in walked Luna, the mare that ruined my Fallout dream and, carrying something in her magical aura. She was then followed by a pony I had never seen before.

The pony was a unicorn mare with a white coat, dark grey mane with a white streak, light blue eyes, wearing a frilly lacy apron, and her flank mark was a feather duster at an angle with a couple of feathers falling off of it, she was also holding a feather duster in her light blue aura.

She was looking at Luna in a way I could not figure out.

“Um, don’t mind me saying, Your Highness. But isn’t she a… little… old?”

Okay, judging by her appearance, I’m going to assume that this mare with an overdone British accent, is probably a servant.

Luna looked at her with a raised eyebrow. This gave me a chance to look at the thing she was carrying.
It was a folded up… something.

“Nonsense, Feather dust. She is foal, and all the mothers I’ve seen with foals had one of these.” Was Luna’s response as she tried to unfold the thing she was carrying. “Now, how do you open this again?”

“But your highness. The foals you’ve seen in those are usually barely 2 years old, and by strictly observing your daughter…” She gestured towards me as she said this, “I’d say she is 4 or 5 years at least.”

Luna didn’t answer or spare a glance at ‘Feather duster’s’ comment. She continued fiddling with the mystery object.

“Got it!”

The mystery item finally gave in to Luna’s carful tugs. It unraveled into a sort of a bag thing. It was dark blue with three lighter blue straps, two of which were smaller and close together, whilst the third was much larger.

Putting a foreleg in each small strap, she used her magic to pull the bag thing up them till they were up to her barrel. She then put her head through the much larger strap, making sure not to get her flowing starry mane trapped in it and then pulled it around her neck.

“There.” She said happily, “Now, is my little star ready to have a day trip into the city with mommy?”

Oh, crap! It’s a baby carrier.

Luna’s magic surrounded me, but I made an attempt to grab the bedsheets to stop her from putting me in that accursed thing!
This was all in vain, as I was dragged to the pouch of doom.

I was also shouting the most natural response to this situation.

“NEIN, NEIN, NEIN, NEIN, NEIN!”


………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

Well, this has given me a lot to think about.


I’m starting to think saying ‘no’ in German is one of those things. As well as find a way OUT of this stupid baby carrier, and the rest I haven’t figured out yet.

In the meantime, Luna is walking with me in the pouch and flanked by a couple of white Pegasus guards in golden ancient Greek rip-off armour. We're walking down the streets of their fancy capital city called Canterlot (something tells me that all the towns and cities here have horse pun names).

She had told me that we were going to a toy shop, and a bed shop. But first we were going to a doughnut shop called Doughnut Joe's. At least, there was something in this world that at least sounded normal, but I’m probably going to have that thrown back in my face. So I’m not getting my hopes up.

*shop bell ting-a-ling*

“Guards, Moonlight and I are going to spend some mother and daughter time.” Said Luna as she looked over at them, “So you may take a break.”

“Yes, Your Majesty.” They said in unison.

They trotted up the serving counter to presumably order something from the unicorn standing behind the said counter.

“Now then honey. What would you like?” she trotted to a menu that hung over the counter, like in McDonald's, Burger King or even Coaster. “They have ringed doughnuts, ringed doughnuts with chocolate sprinkles, custard doughnut and…”

The list went on and on.

But something was getting to me. Everypony we passed in the streets were bowing, which I can understand, Luna being a royalty and all. But the point is, I think some of them were directed to me after they bowed to Luna and congratulated her and wished her and her ‘child’ the best.

I don’t get it. They don’t even know me, let alone that Luna has adopted me, Who the hell spread the word around, and how did they do it so fast?

I felt a nuzzle on the top of my head. Looking up I saw Luna looking down at me, her eyes meeting my own.

“Anything takes your fancy?” she asked, “Or do you still need time to think?”

“Umm.”

I quickly scanned the menu.

Well, I’m not really big fan of doughnuts so… maybe just a simple chocolate ring one will do.

“Just a chocolate one, please.”

“Why, certainly, dear.”

Luna turned to the light creamy stallion with a brown mane, emerald green eyes and a picture or doughnut ring with pink icing on his flanks.

I didn’t listen to Luna giving the order to him. I have to plan an escape from this mare, and then find a way home.

But first things first… I’ve got to get out of this blasted carrier!

Maybe if I can convince her that I want to play in a park, or something like that, then I could make a brake for it?

‘So, you’re just going to up and leave our new mother?’

She is not… WHOA!

I hadn’t noticed that Luna already received the order. But either that’s her version of ‘a’ doughnut is different to most, or this is her giving me a treat.

Because floating just few inches in front of me was a plate of at least TWENTY of the chocolate ringed things.

My stomach chose that point to let out a loud growl.

Wait, when was the last time I ate? I didn’t get a chance to find breakfast yesterday, so…

I haven’t eaten ANYTHING for twenty-four hours!

A soft chuckle sounded from above me. Looking up, I saw it was Luna who was the source of it.

“Well, sounds like somepony’s hungry.” She said, trotting over to a table and sitting down at a table in a corner (I didn’t think ponies could sit. But, hey, I didn’t design this world). “Now, help yourself, darling.”

Don’t have to tell me twice.

Leaning as far as I could out of the pouch, I somehow managed to grab one of the closer doughnuts with my small hooves, and bring it to me, taking a small test bite out of it.

DAMN, this is GOOD!

After that one test bite, I started to devour the rest of the ring dough. Looking up, I saw the rest just waiting there on the plate.

And I just couldn’t resist.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

Luna was almost pulled face first into the plate as Moonlight lunged forward in the pouch and started to devour as many of the doughy treats as she could.

Chuckling at her daughter's actions, she picked up one of the doughnuts that had been knocked off the plate, in her aura. Only to drop it when Moonlight lunged forward for the second time.

Luna gritted her teeth as the carrier’s neck strap dug into the back of her neck.

“Sweetheart, not so fast! You’ll make yourself si-”

Then she remembered what her child had told her, Celestia and Twilight about what those monsters did in that terrible castle and camps. She remembered when she first held Moonlight, and had noticed how thin she was.

Luna felt a lump form in her throat.

Who knows when she last had ANYTHING to eat? And it must only be because of her Alicorn immortality that she didn’t starve to… to… death.


My poor baby girl.

.......................................................................................................
(A short fifteen minutes later)

Urgh… I ate too much, but it was so worth it.

I leant back in the carrier and rested my head against Luna’s barrel with crummy smile on my face. Both my forelegs were wrapped around my slightly distended stomach.

Actually, it was more of a small pudge.

Well, that comes from eating two-thirds of twenty chocolate ringed doughnuts.

What? We all sometimes pig out. Especially if you haven’t eaten for twenty-four hours.

“Well, somepony was definitely hungry.” Said Luna, as she smiled down at me. Which then turned into a slightly sad, “Especially after what you’ve been through!”

I give up. If I ever get back home, I’m giving up on ‘Old Blood’ and going back to ‘New Order’ (which I personally prefer).

*shop door bell ringing*

*hoofsteps approach*

“Hello, Auntie Luna.” Said a soft voice. But I was too busy being in a sort of stupor to pay attention to what was going on.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

Luna turned around to face the newcomer. Who was a light pink Alicorn slightly shorter than her, purple tipped feathers on her wings, a flowing mane and multi-coloured (dark purple, pink-purple and creamy), purple eyes and a crystal heart with a golden gild on each side cutie mark.

“Good morning, Cadence, how are you?” She said turning to face the Princess of love fully.

Cadence eyed the foal carrier Luna was wearing. Or more it’s occupant than the carrier itself.

“So, it’s true.” She said in amazement. “A natural ‘born’ Alicorn!”

Luna was wearing an extremely proud face at what she was going to say next.

“Yes! This is my child-”

*BBBBBUUUUURRRRRPPPPP!*

Cadence looked back up at Luna’s rather sheepish expression with a raised eyebrow.

“Who you have clearly overfed!”

“Well… maybe."

Author's Note:

That's chapter four edited.

Just so you know, Gundarr belongs to 'Mondo'. You can check the series out on youtube (I personally find him extremely funny).

The next chapter will reflect a bit on Alex's disability. So, till then, I hope you enjoy this one.

P.S. I can't believe I've nearly reached 100 likes. Thank all you readers so much for them, and I will try to live up to them.