• Published 6th Sep 2015
  • 1,518 Views, 20 Comments

A Twilight Summit - Ponyess



Of course Twilight ascended to Alicorn and was crowned as a Princess, but what became of the old Twilight Sparkle? Or rather; where did all the rest of her go? Now there is a Summit. Only most of her friends are shocked.

  • ...
11
 20
 1,518

A Mare Does Well, in Twilight: 9 (10)

I open the doors to the throne room, where the Friendship Map is; only to see the map actually being active.

This time, however; it is just the map over Ponyville and the direct surroundings. On a second glance; I see the glow of cutie marks hovering over specific locations. Twilight Sparkle, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Fluttershy. They are all moving towards the castle. Rainbow Dash is not included. Strange to see, one mark out of the group not included.

Suddenly, the marks stop on top of the castle, blinking, like a bomb about to go off.

Once the blinking had stopped, it is dark and silent for exactly one second; before the silhouette of a pony is seen on top of the map, hovering. The silhouette is slowly taking form and substance. She is covered in a suit I heard Rarity named Mare-Do-Well. Most of her suit had been a very dark indigo, as I recall. Just that the rest had been a deep purple.

“Mare Do Well?” I exclaim, half by half as a question and half by half as a statement in uncertainty.

“I have been called that; otherwise, I am Twilight Sparkle!” she points out.

“Greetings, Twilight Sparkle; and welcome, to the Twilight Summit! You are just in time!” I respond.

“Thank you; Twilight Summit?” she responds.

“Oh, but where are my manners; I forgot to introduce myself, I am Starlight Glimmer!” I offer.

“If you are Twilight Sparkle, you have been summoned to the summit!” I explain.

“Are you saying, that more Twilight Sparkles has been summoned to this summit; Starlight Glimmer?” she inquires.

“Yes, that is exactly what I meant to say; I have already seen your Earth pony, Unicorn, Breezie, Filly and several of your Human counterparts here!” I point out.

This is the time, when there is a deep purple glow around the door,. The door opens and Princess Twilight Sparkle enters the room.

“Greetings, Princess Twilight Sparkle!” Mare Do Well exclaims, bowing in a very formal greeting.

The next moment, Twilight’s filly is trotting into the room; looking at the map, in amazement.

There is a distinct squeak, followed by an entire series of squeaks heard from outside the room. The next moment, a pink mare is bouncing into the room. Pinkie Pie had made her entrance.

A minute after Pinkie Pie had found her place in the throne marked with the three balloons, the scent of apples and farming had started to spread. Applejack soon is seen, entering the large room. Of course; a purple Earth pony came in tow with her. It is the Twilight Sparkle.

“Magic, beyond magic; is that Discord’s work? Twilight Sparkle, is that really you?” Mare Do Well exclaims.

“Yes, I am Twilight Sparkle, the Earth pony! This was indeed Discord's work, initially!” she responds.

There is a knock on the door.

“Is it acceptable, if I enter the room?” inquires a girl in Crystal Prep uniform.

“Yes, but of course! Please, by all means; do step in!” Princess Twilight Sparkle exclaims.

Two girls enter the room, both marked with the symbol of magic.

Just as the two girls had found their place by the table, Fluttershy enters the room. Only she is coming with a Changeling in tow. The Breezie is peaking out, from her hiding place in Fluttershy’s voluminous mane. Confused by the numerous Twilight Sparkles, but still calmed down by all the familiar faces.

One final mare enters the room, a purple Unicorn with blue spots all over her now limp horn. With every move, or every step; her horn wiggles, like a delicious jello served by Pinkie Pie. The mare is still in a blue mood; but she had gotten over the initial panic, from the event when she had been cursed.

“I guess are we all gathered, we could as well start the meeting!” she suggests.

“Since we have never experienced an event, with more than one appearance; that would be correct!” the Princess responds.

“Of course, you never know if and when that is happening; just to spite your image, of what is happening!” I point out.

“The first order of business; Mare Do Well, and where she is going to stay for the duration of the summit!” Princess Twilight Sparkle points out.

“Thank you, Princess; I may need somewhere to stay, if this summit lasts more than over the day!” she responds.

“While it would have been an honour, to have you at my place; but the boutique only have so many rooms, and I need to keep the business open!” Rarity points out.

“Thank you, Rarity; I understand, completely!” Mare Do Well responds.

“By the way, Rarity; didn’t you create my suit, too?” she then adds.

“Yes, I believe I did!” Rarity responds, winking.

“I would have loved, having you over; Mare Do Well, but my cottage is just too small and cramped, with all the critters I am constantly taking care off!” Fluttershy whispers.

“I understand, I think I have seen it!” the Hero responds.

“Maybe just a cup of tea, some time!” Fluttershy suggests.

“A cup of tea, would be quite nice; the Hero responds.

“If I can’t have you over at my place, but I will have to insist, on hosting the Welcome to Ponyville party, for you!” Pinkie Pie exclaims, jubilantly.

“I would not have it any other way, Pinkie!” she responds.

“Of course, I would love to see your home; Rainbow Dash, but I am not sure how to enter your cloud mansion!” she then adds.

“Since I am sure you will stay, long enough for that; I will just have to give you the tour, one of these days!” Rainbow Dash responds.

“Naturally, I would love to cast the Cloud Walking spell for you, when that is required!” Princess Twilight Sparkle points out, without even the slightest hint of a doubt that this would happen.

She had cast the spell, rather competently before; thus certain in her ability, to cast this spell again.

“I think I can accept your offer, Twilight; but for how long does it last, if my stay here is going to be extended?” she inquires.

“Sadly, just three days; but I guess I could make room for you in the castle! What is one more Twilight Sparkle, even if she is in the guise of the Hero; Mare Do Well, in the castle of friendship?” the Princess points out.

“With some effort, and time for research and experimentation; I may be able to extend the time, for you!” I whisper to the Princess.

“With your previous results in mind; I would love to see what you can come up with, Starlight!” she responds, nodding at me.

“I know, isn’t it fascinating?” I giggle.

“For most other Ponies, it would be threatening; for me, on the other hoof, it certainly is!” she responds, quietly.

Even I could make use, of one of her new assistants in my research!” I ponder.

Of course, this line of thought is indeed very interesting and fascinating to me. Sharing the fascination with a pony, like Twilight Sparkle could make it all the more rewarding. Maybe, just maybe; I could make a mark on the history of magic here, with the oversight of Twilight Sparkle by my side.

At least, I have a home!” Mare Do Well ponders.

If you do need me, I will go down to the archive!” the girl in the Crystal Prep uniform pointed out.

“I am right there, with you!” the other girl responds.

The girls walk out of the room, continuing towards the flight of stairs down to the advanced laboratory.

“I guess I could make use of a hand, and a pair of hands!” the first girl acknowledges.

“I know! Isn’t it exciting; research is waiting, we do not have any time to drag our feet!” the other girl responds.

“I’m heading back to the barn, the apples do not buck themselves!” the Earth-pony excuses herself, before she is trotting out of the room.

“I understand; this is no fillies’ game, here!” the Twilight with the limp horn giggles, towards the filly.

With that, she is trotting out of the room with the filly in tow.

“Too many mommies!” the filly responds, as she is following the mare out of the room.

“We are all Twilight, so I guess that is a bit confusing!” the mare responds, just as she had stepped out of the room.

Princess Twilight Sparkle closes the door, with her magic; once the last of the guest Twilight Sparkles had trotted out of the room. Of course, Mare Do Well had jumped down onto the floor. The Breezie is still in Fluttershy’s mane.

“Nothing particular is going on, so I am not needed out there, right now!” Mare Do Well adds, staying in the throne room.

“That is convenient, but who knows when your services will be needed?” Rarity offers.

“Pinkie Pie knows!” the mare responds, giggling at the obvious response.

“Yeah, I know; I know that I know!” Pinkie Pie giggles.

All of a sudden, her tail goes wild, just a moment before she is expanding like a balloon; indicating a doozy is going down.

“Wait; now, this is just a bit too much!” Rarity exclaims.

“You tell me, Rarity!” Rainbow Dash exclaims.


Comments ( 4 )

This one was weird.

9422560
Thank you, for mentioning. I hope I got everything,
9309622
Weired, how and why?
9422595
I do have a few more chapters planed.
Based on the current status, I haveno idea just how much longe I will have to make this story, before I can conclude the adventure.

9422711
The number of Twilights..... please think of a name system we can read to tell them apart.

Login or register to comment