• Published 6th Sep 2015
  • 564 Views, 10 Comments

Spiritual Connection - Agent-G



While visiting a city Letroski aka The Dude goes out looking for something to do that night. What he didn't expect was to run into a kindred spirit named Tree Hugger

  • ...
3
 10
 564

Spiritual Connection

Author's Note:

Disclaimer: I don't known MLP or any of the characters, this was just something I came up with for fun when I thought about these two characters actually meeting and how it would go.


Spiritual Connection

Letroski also known to his friends as “The Dude” was currently in Horseshoe Falls for a bowling tournament. He and his friends had already passed the first day and were on their way to the next bracket. The Tournament was set for three days and they were on fire today. After a hard day of bowling with some pretty tense moments there, he was looking for a way to relax.

The large brown stallion was dressed in a more relaxing clothing with his tan simple shirt and white undershirt at the moment. Walking around the city he didn’t see much that caught his eye, he saw various restaurants, bars and such but nothing ‘felt’ right for him. The others went off to do their own thing to relax and that’s was fine by him. Everyone should relax in their own way was his thoughts on the matter. So here he was walking the streets with the fading sun just letting life guide him.

Letroski motto was to always just go with the flow and so he went, he had no idea what his destination was or what he was even looking for. All he knew was that life never steered him wrong and he just ‘felt’ on which direction the current of life was taking him. It was during this random wondering that he saw something down the street that got his attention.

It looked like a club but there was no line outside and no loud music but the lights were on. As he got closer he came outside of a black building with some red neon that read: Poets Barn.

“Huh, well I think I’m here.” He mused to himself as he could hear a faint music coming inside but it was a very mellow type of music, his kind of music. He walked to the doors and pushed them open as he found the insides with soothing lighting and atmosphere. There was a hat check area but since he didn’t wear one he just walked inside as there didn’t seem to be a cover charge.

Walking further in he found a small set of stairs leading into a large den with tables and couches and even bean bag chairs. There was a simple wooden bar at the end with a couple of servers but what really got his attention was the stage. There seemed to be a stallion there making poetry in a black vest and one of those Prench looking hats. Beret that’s what they were called, it took him a moment to remember the name.

“Oh Luna’s Moon hanging there in the sky, why oh why do you look down on me.” The pony on the stage spoke.

Everyone in the audience swayed to the calming music as the pony continued his poetry to the beat of it. The Dude looked around and nodded his head in beat, yes this was the place. He went over to the bar and ordered a simple grape drink, he was thankful that you didn’t have to yell out your order over the loud music but he could just talk normally.

With his drink in hand he went to a table and sat down to enjoy himself. The first guy wasn’t too bad it turned out, the next one up was much more confident and read a poem about the changing season, The Dude really liked that one. The next, well he tried let’s just say that although everyone in the audience was polite about it there wasn’t really any enthusiasm about their applause.

He was on his second drink when suddenly she appeared a green mare with large red mane but done in a style he hadn’t seen often. Her mane was a little messy but he didn’t really care about that. She had this calm and mellow look to her and he couldn’t help but be drawn to her presence.

“Everyone welcome Tree Hugger,” The announcer spoke into the microphone before giving it up to the mare.

She smiled at the announcer and cleared her throat before starting her own poem. “Dance like the trees to the wind, embrace the day and the season. Embrace all that is harmony and good, sway like the willow tree and let the world guide you. When nature speaks listen for nature is harmony, we are all born into nature and so we are all born into harmony. Let the righteous times be and not fall into the negative aura.”

She bowed her head as a few nodded their heads and gave simple applause as she got off and another took their place. The Dude wasn’t really interested in the others though, although short he kind of liked her poem. It spoke of a mellow attitude that he could get behind and she had this very calm presence that he enjoyed.

He watched her go to the bar and decided to get to know this mare a bit more. He downed his drink and walked over to the bar as he sat next to her and ordered another drink.

“I liked your set man, it was very mellow.” He told her.

She smiled at him as she took a sip of her own drink. “Thanks, I just like to make up poetry while meditating sometimes, really helps to cleanse my mind of harsh thoughts.”

He nodded his head, “Yeah everyone needs something to just wash away all the negative things that build up in the day. Although personally I bowl to help with that.”

“Bowl?” Now Tree Hugger had done a lot of things, crystals, incense, yoga and the like but that was a new one for her. “Isn’t it all loud and kind of harsh?”

“It all depends on how you look at it man,” He took a sip of his drink. “For me it’s hanging out with my friends just doing something we all enjoy. We talk and we kind of get a bit philosophical at times and a bowling alley is the perfect place as no one really judges you.”

“They don’t?”

“Ya man everyone is there for their own reasons plus it’s a nice way to relieve stress without harming anything. It’s just you and the pins, your fate is in your hooves and you guide the ball with your will to your goal. If you make it, then you make it and if you don’t well there’s always next round. It’s a lot like life I find.”

“Wow…I never thought of it like that,” she paused to think looking at the stallion in front of her. He wasn’t like most stallions that’s for sure his aura was very calming and smooth, she was digging it. She decided to introduce herself. “Well as you heard my name is Tree Hugger, what’s yours?”

“Well I’m named Letroski but my friends call me The Dude.” He replied.

“The Dude? Why is that?” She had never heard of a name like that before and it got her curious.

“Well I felt that although the name I was born with was alright and fit me, it didn’t say everything I wanted to say about me.” He paused trying to put it in a way that she might understand. “You see The Dude is like a name I picked to represent myself, like a true name if you will man. It’s just something I felt that those closest to me cold be even more close by calling me by something that really is more personal to myself.”

Tree Hugger nodded her head she really could dig that idea. “Far out, that’s totally an awesome idea.”

He smiled at her, “Thanks so are you here often man?”

“Oh no I’m here on a trip.”

“Whoa this is some really cosmic coincidence so am I.” He liked to think that the universe pulled ponies together for a reason and maybe this was the reason he was lead to this place. “My friends and I are here on a bowling tournament man, what about you?”

“Oh I’m here working with setting up an animal sanctuary here. So where are you from then?” she asked him.

“Ponyville.”

“No way, I have a friend there!” Tree Hugger smiled at that. “Her name is Fluttershy.”

“Oh yeah I know her man, she’s one of Princess Twilight’s friends that goes out and has all kinds of cool adventures and stuff. Plus she lives near the Everfree and takes care of all those animals. Never met her personally myself but I’ve seen her around. She always seemed like a nice mare to me.”

“Oh yeah she’s really nice and such a nice aura about her,” Tree Hugger agreed. “She was a little shy at first but once we got talking about animals she came right out of her shell and we became such good friends.”

“Nice,” He took another drink looking into her peaceful eyes and he could feel like he could get lost in their violet brilliance.

“So how did you find this place?” She asked next wondering how he came to be here if he was only visiting like herself.

“Oh I just let myself be guided here,” He started to explain. “I like to just let the world guide me sometimes, I find that if you put your trust in the world it won’t let you down man. I just started walking and just let myself feel for where to go. I ended up right outside and felt the need to just come in here and I have to say that I’m not disappointed.”

“Radical,” she nodded her head. “I have got to try that myself it sounds fun.”

“Plus you never know where you’ll end up man, it’s like a little adventure for the soul.” He said to her.

“I can dig it,” she smiled at him.

They continued talking, ordering more drinks as they got to know each other more. They would talk about her animal activities; he would talk about bowling and his friends. They talked about life, their philosophies and found that they had some similar and idea some were exactly the same. They talked and the more they got to know each other the more they felt a connection between them.

Although they had their own circle of close friends it was hard to find someone that ‘got them’ like they were now.

“You know man this is strange I feel like we’re on the same wavelength or something.” The Dude finally said at one point.

“I know what you mean,” she told him. “I feel like we’re connecting on a spiritual level here.”

He had to admit he was really enjoying his time with her and he didn’t want it to end so an idea came to mind. “So how long are you in town for?”

“Only until tomorrow,” Tree Hugger said and she felt a bit sorry about that. She enjoyed talking with his stallion and it didn’t help she found him a bit ruggedly handsome in just the kind of way she liked. He was just so relaxed and in touch with himself and the world that just seemed to draw her to him.

“Well if you want would you like to come to the tournament when you can?” He asked her hoping she would say yes. “It’s in the afternoon and we can talk more and maybe I can show you what I see in it.”

She thought about it and she nodded her head. “Sure I’ll try anything once and that works out as I’m done in the morning anyway. I wasn’t sure to take the late train back or not as I wasn’t sure what to do for the afternoon. Looks like I got plans now.” She smiled at him.

He smiled back. “Alright man that’s great.”

They were about to order another drink when the bartender came up to them. “Sorry, we’re on last call for the night you two.”

“Oh bummer,” Dude looked around and he hadn’t even noticed that mostly everyone had left by this point. How long had they been talking? He looked at the clock he found on the wall and was surprised that it was nearly midnight, they had been talking that long?

They decided to pay for their drinks as they walked out into the night, it was still and silent in this area but they both knew that there was still some life elsewhere in the city.

Tree Hugger looked up at the stars, “I never get tired of the night sky, its just so cosmic.”

He looked up and smiled, “Yeah all those lights up there makes me always wonder if there are others out there looking up and see our star and what they are thinking.”

The Dude looked down back to the mare next to him. “So, what’s next?”

Tree Hugger thought about it and grinned. “I think we should just let the world guide us.”

“Now you’re talking man.” He laughed as they started walking they didn’t care where they were walking to or where they were heading. They just let the world guide them and also as long as they were walking together then all was right with the world.

Although there was just one question that Tree Hugger wanted to know before the night was over.

“So…what’s this ‘man’ thing you keep saying?” She asked him innocently.

The End

Comments ( 10 )

This is AWESOME!!!

Reading this and listening to stoner tunes is the best.

Well... I'm totally adding this ship to my list of random ship I like, man! :twilightsmile:

6396623 Thanks glad you liked it

6396983 lol yeah it's totally random but fur some reason I felt it would work.

Aaaaand, you blew it. I'd been looking for this ship for forever, but your writing is really poor. So disappointed.

At the end, Isn't that Dr. Hooves line? :rainbowhuh:

6397418 Yeah I liked that line so much I just had to use it here.

Comment posted by _____________ deleted Oct 20th, 2015

6399090 Glad you liked it and yeah after the 100 episode I was hit by inspiration on what if these two actually met lol.

Login or register to comment