• Published 2nd Sep 2015
  • 1,909 Views, 43 Comments

Trial of a Changeling - twilightsparkle3562



In this sequel to "Defender of Equestria," a Changeling General goes on trial in Canterlot for numerous war crimes, including kidnapping Cadence and Twilight, while Shining Armor's mentor and predecessor attempts to make amends with Celestia and Luna

  • ...
11
 43
 1,909

Damn Dirty Bug!

Chapter 9

"Damn Dirty Bug"

It had only been the first witness, but the trial of the Changeling General Kuwaga was already starting to get more and more tense. The testimony from a villager pony of a Changeling attack on innocent ponies at a wedding brought back memories of the royal wedding that almost never was. Now, more and more ponies were coming forward to bring their stories to the trial and the next pony was from Manehattan, judging from her accent that she had.

"Please state your name to the court," said Luna to the pony who was dressed as a police officer.

"Sergeant Hoof Cuffs, Manehattan Police Department," replied the pony as she stood next to the captured Changeling. "And I have come forward to testify against this so called tough guy."

Kuwaga growled at the Manehattan policemare and got himself ready for the next round of testimonies to come against him. Up until now, nopony believed that the Changelings would ever attack a big city like Manehattan. But, Sergeant Hoof Cuffs was going to prove everypony otherwise.

"According to reports," began Celestia, looking down at the papers that laid before her. "About a year ago, you had encountered a group of Changelings in Manehattan, is that true?"

"Yes, your highnesses," replied Hoof Cuffs, taking off her police cap. "We had our eyes on a group of Changelings disguised as normal Earth ponies. They's were planning something and we kept our eye on them for we's knew that they were going to attack several weddings over the next few weeks at the time."

The jury murmured to one another and considered the testimony that was given to them. It was apparent that the Changelings were planning much more than just large scale attacks in an effort to get their hands on the love that they craved.

"Were there law enforcement ponies monitoring the Changelings at all times?" asked Cadence. "Did you have a plan to stop them?"

"We's did, Princess Cadence," answered Hoof Cuffs. "However, we did have orders to wait until the time was right to catch them. When we got the word to move in from our superiors, then we would move in and capture them."

"Did you manage to move in and capture them before any of the attacks were carried out?" asked Celestia. "It was most likely important to prevent such an attack from taking place."

Hoof Cuffs closed her eyes and sighed heavily before she could continue her testimony. She was nervous, although she tried to hide her fear from the menacing bug that stood next to her, barred by the iron bars that surrounded him.

"However, before we's were able to move in for the capture," sighed Hoof Cuffs. "They knew we were on to them and while I was on a stake out with my partner, two Changelings ran out and attacked us. I tried to defend myself, but they were quick to attack. My partner was beaten within an inch of his life and I was almost nearly killed as well."

As Hoof Cuffs spoke, the jury along with the princesses could picture the fight that Hoof Cuffs had been forced into. They could picture the growls and hisses of the Changelings, doing their best to teach ponies like her a lesson for interfering with their business.

"Did they change into anything during the fight?" asked Celestia.

"Yes, the one attacking me transformed into my partner," replied Hoof Cuffs. "He even spoke to me in the same voice as my partner's."

"Was there anything you did to defend yourself?" asked Twilight. "And did you see any other Changelings besides the two that attacked you and your partner?"

Hoof Cuffs looked back over at Kuwaga and suddenly, the tough Manehattan cop froze with fear. For she could remember something that night that would prove that Kuwaga had been involved in this confrontation in the streets.

"I saw's…the Changeling that is in the cage right next to me," gasped Hoof Cuffs, nervously. "He came over to me and glow his horn at me, intending to strike my throat."

Murmurs of ponies remarking to the testimony were silenced when Celestia banged her gavel for silence. To Hoof Cuffs, the sounds of murmurs would in a sense block out the memories of that fateful night.

"The Changeling that attacked my partner," continued Hoof Cuffs, nervously. "He came over and both him and the Changeling attacking me picked me up by my front hooves and General Kuwaga prepared the finishing blow, intending to kill me right then and there."

It was then that a sudden rush of adrenaline came through Hoof Cuffs and she somehow found the courage to stand up to the creature before him that was caged right next to her.

"Then suddenly, your highnesses," cried Hoof Cuffs, her eyes locked on General Kuwaga. "I felt something grow inside of me and just as he's tried to do me in, I kick the defendant in the stomach and I say words that nopony would ever dare to say…"

"Please remain silent," advised Luna to the gallery of ponies before letting Hoof Cuffs say her peace. Once Luna and the other princesses motioned to Hoof Cuffs to say what she needed to say.

"I said," cried Hoof Cuffs, her voice raising slightly. "Take your stinking claws off me you damn dirty bug!"

The entire throne room fell silent at those words, everyone was filled with shock and even if they were given the chance to make a sound, they couldn't even do that either. In fact, Celestia and the other Princesses were so stunned that Celestia made a very telling decision.

"The witness is excused," she announced, her voice filled with shock and disbelief at what was just said. "Court is adjourned until tomorrow morning."

After the court was adjourned, Hoof Cuffs stepped down from the podium and looked back at the caged Changeling with fearless eyes locking onto him.

"I hope you hang," she hissed as Kuwaga was carried away back to the dungeons by the Royal Guards. "And I will be there to watch you do so. Mark my words and so help me, I will along with the rest of Manehattan!"

So, day one of the trial had come to an end and who knew what day two was going to bring in this trial in which a Changeling General's life hung in the balance…