• Published 2nd Sep 2015
  • 1,911 Views, 43 Comments

Trial of a Changeling - twilightsparkle3562



In this sequel to "Defender of Equestria," a Changeling General goes on trial in Canterlot for numerous war crimes, including kidnapping Cadence and Twilight, while Shining Armor's mentor and predecessor attempts to make amends with Celestia and Luna

  • ...
11
 43
 1,911

In the Canterlot Dungeons

Chapter 6

"In the Canterlot Dungeons"

General Kuwaga's entry into Canterlot was one of great hostility. The ponies of Equestria had gathered to berate and torment the Changeling General for his crimes against various towns and cities throughout the kingdom. For the past hour, Kuwaga had been paraded through the streets of Canterlot and the ponies who had come to witness this showed their displeasure by throwing anything at him: food, drinks, heavy objects, etc.

Now Kuwaga was down in the dungeons, having been cleaned of all that had been hurled at him, with only several of Celestia's royal guards for company. But, not for long, as the sounds of heavy hoofbeats came down towards the dungeons and just like at the Crystal Empire, the two enemies were facing each other once again.

"So, here you are," said Shining Armor. "How does it feel knowing that you are to be tried in the city that you bugs attempted to conquer?"

"I think," replied Kuwaga. "In a way, it is kind of like reliving history, to the near conquest of your kingdom's downfall."

"Which happened to be on my wedding," snapped Shining Armor, his horn glowing in rage. "Kuwaga, your damages that are caused stem far from what you bugs did to my wedding. Oh yes, it goes far more beyond kidnapping my wife, impersonating her and causing me to kick out the only pony that truly cared about me out of my own wedding. You attacked towns, you attacked cities throughout Equestria and let me tell you that all the ponies you and your friends tortured have come to say what they needed to say."

But, it seemed that Shining Armor's cries fell on deaf ears as Kuwaga merely ignored what Shining Armor was saying. This made the Prince of the Crystal Empire very cross.

"YOU WILL LOOK AT ME WHEN I AM TALKING TO YOU!" shouted Shining Armor, using his magic to bring Kuwaga to his face. Instead of a look of fear, Kuwaga merely just chuckled at his enemy's sudden rage of anger

"No matter what you do," he chuckled. "You will never erase what we did from your mind. What is done is done and that is all there was to it. Our invasion of Canterlot was like all the other towns and cities we attacked, killing ponies that tried to defend their love for one another. Had it not been for a series of unfortunate events, we would have succeeded like all the other times."

With each word spoken, the memories of the Changeling Invasion continued to plague Shining Armor's mind. His wedding to Cadence was the most important period of his life as well as that of his family, especially Twilight. It was because of these vermin that he put his own wedding in jeopardy when he kicked Twilight out of the wedding just because she was trying to protect him from Chrysalis.

"You can't erase the past, pretty colt," said Kuwaga, mockingly as Shining Armor closed his eyes and flinched. "I will be found not guilty and once I am, I will rally my troops and finish what I had started."

Shining Armor continued to flinch for a moment, only to recover and refocus his attention back to Kuwaga. He then had to realize that Kuwaga was like a caged animal, he couldn't harm him or his loved ones even if he wanted to. This caused Shining Armor to break into a small sarcastic chuckle.

"You dare to mock me, Shining Armor?" Kuwaga remarked crossly. "Do you know whom you are talking to?"

"You know," replied Shining Armor, sarcastically. "I just realized something: you are in a cage and I am not. Therefore, you can't hurt me and you can't hurt Equestria. Furthermore, I highly doubt that you will be acquitted."

Kuwaga growled at this behavior that was being displayed before him and struggled to try and escape. However, his efforts were futile and eventually, he had no choice but to give up, but still kept his determination alive and well.

"We shall see, but you will see that I will be free again," hissed Kuwaga, as Shining Armor began to walk off, trying to ignore him. "Then, I will pick up where I left off, Shining Armor. And once I do, you will bow down before us along with the rest of Equestria."

This didn't reach Shining Armor's ears and he merely walked out of the dungeons and towards the throne room where the trial would take place. It was clear that Celestia and the rest of the princesses would be the judges and this to Shining Armor was a sign at least that maybe Cadence and Twilight would not have to relive their terrifying ordeal by not testifying against Kuwaga.


However, just before Shining Armor turned to head back outside, he suddenly heard a small voice behind that was similar to Chrysalis.

"Prince Armor?" said the voice and Shining Armor turned to see a loan Changeling standing behind him. This got Shining Armor to go into protection mode as he charged at the Changeling and pushed him against a wall. Shining growled as the Changeling looked at him in the eyes with intent, but it wasn't just any intent.

"What do you want?" he snapped, looking at the Changeling deep in the eyes. "Are you in cahoots with Kuwaga? Because if you areā€¦"

"I am not in any way associated with Kuwaga," cried the changeling, as Shining Armor wrapped a magical grip around the changeling. "I've come in peace to Canterlot. I have no intention in any way to harm anypony or steal their love."

"What makes you so sure?" asked Shining Armor, coldly. "Why should I believe you and every single word you say?"

What the Changeling said next stunned Shining Armor to the point that he thought would throw a curve ball into his mindset.

"Because I have turned my back on my kind," answered the Changeling. "I have left the Changeling kingdom and have abandoned my loyalty to her highness, Queen Chrysalis. Please, you must believe me, Prince Armor."

Shining Armor's eyes widened and he released his grip on the Changeling, shocked that this creature would turn his back on his whole kind. Just who was this Changeling and why did he abandon his loyalty to a monster and a dictator like Queen Chrysalis?



Meanwhile, Celestia and Luna were meeting with the ponies that would be testifying against Kuwaga in the Canterlot library when Lock Down and his dogs came into view. The sounds of the dogs lightly growling caused several of the ponies to become startled with shock and surprise. However, Celestia and Luna both showed looks of disappointment and anger on their faces when they saw the hook horned unicorn pony standing in the doorway.

"Lock Down," whispered Celestia, her eyes locked onto her former royal guard captain. "What are you doing here?"