• Published 17th Nov 2011
  • 6,616 Views, 234 Comments

Pony Shorts - Miyajima



A collection of short stories about our favourite pastel-coloured Equines.

  • ...
2
 234
 6,616

Tom x Bloomberg OTP

"... 'As Bloomberg extended his roots across Tom, his root hairs feeling every rugged facet, every hidden depth, he knew that this was more than coincidence. This... was destiny.'" Twilight looked up from the pages at Fluttershy, the yellow pegasus standing there awkwardly and attempting to hide behind her hair.

"... Okay, Fluttershy, I know you've got a passion for literature, and you're not a bad writer, but... Really? A rock and a tree?"

Fluttershy blushed and crossed her forelegs, rubbing them nervously.

Twilight frowned. "And this goes on for over fifty pages! How did you come up with all this?"

"... P-Pinkie Pie let me borrow her dad's book on rock f-farming and Applejack told me about how trees... Pollinate." she blushed again, more fiercely.

Twilight shook her head and sifted telekinetically through the pages, skimming over the text and occasionally repressing the urge to gag. In the middle, she found an unnumbered page that seemed to be written on different paper, and peered at it.

" '"Oh, Bloomberg, I want to feel your roots interlocking with mine, our xylem beating in harmony..." Fluttertree said, her-' Wait."

Twilight looked back at her friend, somewhat visibly disturbed. Fluttershy was blushing so brightly she was radiating heat.

"Th-th-that w-wasn't meant t-to be in th-there!" she stammered, grabbing the sheets of paper from a speechless Twilight.

"I'd, uhm, b-better be going, th-there's a lot to do, I- I have to change Hummingway's b-bandages and... Bye!" she shot through the door, scattering a few sheets of paper in her wake.

Twilight stared at the open door, her eye twitching.

"... I thought Rarity's romance novels were bad..."