• Published 28th May 2012
  • 6,256 Views, 128 Comments

Doctor Whooves- Through The Cracks - LemonDrizzle



Its Doctor Who, I can't explain in a short description!

  • ...
8
 128
 6,256

Of Memories And Pear Pies

Of Memories And Pear Pies



There was something about that brown colt, something...different.

The plasmavore had been stalking the multicoloured, shockingly bright creatures, lurking in the shadows, following the bedraggled, belittled group in search of some much needed sustenance. It had sifted through their groups, testing each one of them with its hunter eyes and powerful nose.

At firsts its gaze had fallen on the lavender unicorn leading the tattered band of ponies before it had rejected her specimen, the lack of athletic power robbing the purple unicorn of having the honour of being its host.

Its gaze then shifted towards the orange pony with the yellow mane. This one took longer to identify, the strength in its hindlegs combined with its alluring smell of strength and stubbornness nearly winning the plasmavore over before it caught a whiff of her “duty” to the pathetic little farm and how, to keep his identity safe, it'd have to enact that duty upon itself.

The gaze swapped to that of the bubbling, repulsive pink earth pony who was hopelessly bouncing around the small group as if she had all the energy in the world. Oh it wouldn't take her body, despite the obvious stamina and physical power that the mare was displaying. The cutesy-wutesy combination of the cheerfulness and the too vibrant pink only made the plasmavore want to kill, not to swap hosts. That pink pony with the attitude of a sugar crazed child would soon die by its hand, crushed pitifully by its unimaginable strength.

Three more specimens remained to be...interviewed, the white unicorn, the butter yellow pegasus and finally the rainbow maned, obnoxious pegasus. Its gaze fell upon the white unicorn with the perfectly groomed purple mane that gushed vanity from its deep coloured depths. It shuddered in disgust as it watched the vain, arrogant, civil pony weave her way through the group, occasionally spouting out vague remarks on the manes and the fashion of the others. The plasmavore allowed itself to experience a soft, deadly smirk as it mentally added the obnoxious snowy unicorn to the now growing list of the victims that it was going to kill for merely its own pleasure.

Next came the butter yellow pegasus who was trailing behind the rest of them, eyes darting wildly around the darkness with a fear and a nervousness that sickened the hidden plasmavore, banishing the thought of taking the weak mess of a pony that quivered softly before it.

Until its gaze fell upon the rainbow maned, sickeningly cyan blue pegasus with the body of an athlete, it had nearly given up hope of devouring another competent meal. It had dribbled with lust at the mere thought of owning a body that fast and strong, already intent on its new meal, other thoughts fading fuzzily into the back of its mind. It had begun to step out of the shadows, green stallion body puncturing the gloom like a lighthouse through the fog when the brown colt at the back had turned around to face it.

Memories. So many, many memories had burst through the plasmavore's churning mind at that moment, faint pounding drumming in its head. The brown colt with the hourglass tattoo, it had met him before. Somehow, somewhere they had met. There was rarely a creature in either universes that had yet to meet the plasmavore and live and yet here was one of them standing before him with a chocolate brown body and a blood red bow-tie. Those blue eyes, they couldn't be forgotten and yet the memory of the figure before him simply wouldn't spring to mind, eluding him with a taunting memory. Those shocking blue eyes that brought up such feelings of anger and hate and fear, the emotions boiling up inside of the plasmavore until they were ready to erupt.

Its eyes narrowed as it continued to stare at the brown colt, malice glittering in the stallion hosts hazel orbs as it clashed gazes with the blank, if somewhat confused, blue eyes of the colt, before it slunk back into the shadows to find new prey, prey that didn't send shivers up its quivering spine. It trotted forward, despising the sound of its fat hoofs striking the floor with heavy clops that rung around the town square, echoing loudly in the shadowed veil as it mindlessly wandered the abandoned streets of the small town.

The thoughts of a fresh new meal soon became shrouded and forgotten as distant, blurred memories of the brown colt flashed through its mind, stabbing into its mind with the force of a knife. The plasmavore felt its mind and head grow denser and denser as great fountains of memories began to pour from its mind, the effect of the cracks in time shattering as the belittled, half starved monster began to relive its terrible past.

As it began to remember, remember its people, its birth and the death of its planet, responsibility of the disaster falling to one creature and one creature alone.

[.]

Jdukin- Plasmavore Home Planet
Seventy one years ago


The first feed.

One, if not the most, important rituals of any young plasmavore's life, the day that they changed from hatchling pulp to the drainers of life. The keepers, the elderly plasmavore who had outlived their hunting times, would care for the younger generations. Care though, care did not mean protection and comfort, not in a civilization where murder was a key concept.

Care was gearing the younger minds up towards the real world, making them fight and testing their limits of pain. All plasmavore had to spend seven years on the hatchling grounds, seven years of growth and boredom and lust, a lust for the taste of another creature. Everyday between when the sun rises and when the sun sets the keepers would bring them a sliver of strange meat to get them through the day and the night but it was never enough. They thirsted for blood, for the sweet taste of a host body, for the feeling of complete control.

It had lived its seven hatchling years, constantly battling with the others to get their slabs of meat, constantly fighting and tearing and, at one point, even killing one of its own. It had not been punished, oh no, it had been praised by the keepers for being a strong specimen. And now,now here it was, about to take the journey towards its first meal, towards its freedom from the confined hatchling fields.

The fields themselves stretched on for miles and miles across the bubbling, spewing planets white, crumbly surface. However, inside the fields lay multiple craters, each one a metre deep and three metres wide. Inside of those craters would lay at least five young plasmavores, crushed and writhing against the warm body of the white crater. It was like a prison.

You could not escape, you could not fight the keepers, you could not speak your own mind lest you were put down for treachery. It was a living hell but it worked, oh it worked. The plasmavore's would grow up unhappy and angry at life and its cruelty so that when they were released upon the universe they would seek the goal of total death, of the draining of any and every life form.

It was marched towards the pulsating, squishy dome that housed the first feeding ritual, performed by one of the keepers that had “cared” for you when you were a young one. Forcefully shoved into the quivering dome the young plasmavore rose shakily onto its white clawed feet to inspect the area around it.

It was a pure white dome, no light filtering into the clearing. Instead small glowing green lanterns lay scattered across the surface of the dome, illuminating it in a soft green hue. The dome itself was webbed, great tendrils vein-like substances racing across its shivering, squirming surface. Around the sides stood a crudely constructed quivering white platform that stretched around the circular dome like the Colosseum's of Rome. In the centre stood one white, elderly, wrinkled plasmavore clutching a writhing, black sack in its hand, holding it out for inspection as it inspected the hidden meal within. The floor was a sticky white substance, clinging to the soles of the feet and causing great tendrils of white goo to grab to the feet as the young plasmavore began its slow walk to centre and the elder.

Seconds passed, the sounds of the clicking of talons against the floor ringing across the nearly empty dome as the plasmavore crossed the short distance between its self and the elder. Finally it reached the elder who gave it a short, sharp nod before reaching into the seething black sack and, firmly grasping, pulled out the young plasmavores first meal.

The elders would go to a far off planet and capture whatever sentient creature may dwell there. Then, when said creature is in their possession they would return home to allow the young ones to feed upon their prey and grow strong, to turn from hatchlings to killers. The prey had to be sentient lest the plasmavore was rendered incapable of speech through its new host body. The prey also must be a creature that would not be missed, that its people would not search for and hunt to the little planet of Jdukin.

The elder yanked the meal out and with a loud thud, smashed it against the floor where it let out a soft but audible groan that rang around the dome. The creature was small, a minuscule little scrap of skin and bone that barely reached the chest height of the now fully grown young plasmavore.

It was skinny, very, very skinny and its body was tinged a faint pink colour. The legs and arms were relatively normal, stretching out from the main body like the plasmavore's own gene structure. However, instead of cold hard talons on the hands and feet there sat five digits, four long, thin ones and one short chunky one on each of its hands. There was an uproar of facial hair surrounding the creatures chin, dark black twirls of hair that snaked down its face.

The mouth and lips were hopelessly cracked and dehydrated, from the long journey no doubt. Long, fat folds of ears jutted out from the side of the creatures abnormally large head, quivering slightly from the cold feeling of the floor. Dark, greasy black hair fell from its head in tangled, shadowy knots that criss-crossed down its brow. Its eyes were a dully, glazed grey colour that resembled the short, sharp storms that would sometimes stretch across the mother planet.

It looked to be about eighteen years of age, whimpering in abject terror as it took in the horrifying sight before it. Human, Homo Sapien. It had learnt about that particular species from one of the elders, the smelly, fleshy race that provided nourishment that was nearly of the scale. And now, it had one all to its self.

The human began to sob pitifully, fat tears streaking down its face as its body shuddered with great convulsions of fear. It looked upon the human with disgust evident on its alien face before it pulled back a taloned foot and slammed it into the humans ribs, sending him flying back to land with a sickening thump on the floor. The human groaned once as the young plasmavore walked forward, a twisted, sadistic grin spreading across its pale face as it calmly strolled towards the terrified human, long pink tongue snaking out and licking around its lips as it began to imagine the taste and the feel of the blood running through its veins.

And then it arrived.

The noise it made, it was loud, so very, very loud and wheezing, as if it was in a considerable amount of pain, the sound reverberating around the squishy, white dome. The sound seemed to echo from the an empty, blank space a few metres to the left of the still shivering human, the sound increasing volume as the infiltrator began to take shape. Materializing in great bursts of visibility and invisibility, there, to the right of the crumpled human began to appear a large blue box.

Its colour was like that of a midnight sky, a dark, royal, radiant blue that exploded colour across the bland, boring, white interior of the dome. Great notches of blue wood were strewn across the surface of the mysterious box, nooks and crannies and slight dips in the wood becoming visible even in the faint light.

A series of small, unusable window panes stretched across the surface of the mysterious midnight blue box, faded slightly like the glass windows of a church. Along the front stood a large, metal door handle that moulded itself perfectly along the frame of the door.

A bright white panel hung to the left of the handle, garbled human language written crudely across its surface, taunting the plasmavore with its mysterious language. The same thoughts could be spread towards the circular white panel next to it and the black backgrounded, white fonted sign that hung above the sides of the blue box. On top of the strange alien box sat a single fazed glass light that thrummed ever so softly with yellow light.

It squinted at the strange contraption that now stood, fully materialized, in front of it before recoiling in shock at the miraculous display that was unfolding before it. The confusing, scribbled, unreadable words were slowly moving and wafting across the surface of the box until they spelled out something in the plasmavore's own language, the rough translation changing to.

Police Public Call Box

With a loud creak, the door to the mysterious, whimsical blue box opened and a tall, slender figure stepped out.

Soft, black boots hit the mushy floor with a sickening squelch sound that made both the mysterious figure and the writhing human shudder in disgust. A pair of rolled up navy blue trousers lay upon his lower form, fitting snugly to his legs which were now slightly smeared with white goo.

A white dress shirt rested upon his upper body, blending in perfectly with the similarly white area of the dome. Big, burgundy braces stretched from his trouser-line to the top of his shirt and over, the sight nearly making the plasmavore chuckle at the odd display of human “fashion” sense.

A plain brown tweed jacket with black elbow patches sat upon his shoulders, hiding part of the white dress shirt with pinches of brown and cotton fabric that whittled in the air and floated away in tufts of fluff. Around his neck sat a blood red bow-tie that seemed to complete the unusual getup with a fanciful flare.

The chin of this particular man was of quite large proportions, something it would surely have made fun of if it had not been so unbelievably surprised at his arrival. Long dark hair flowed down his head, curled imperfectly into a perfect mess of uncombed, knotted wonders.

A deep set look of slight revulsion was evident on his face as his brow crinkled and his mouth opened slightly in disgust as, once more, the sound of squelching returned, louder then ever. Deep emerald green eyes twinkled in his head, filled with mirth and happiness and, perhaps, a small tinge of anger that sparked briefly in his seemingly age-old eyes as he cast his gaze upon the plasmavore.

The plasmavore sniffed the air cautiously as it tried desperately to pinpoint this strange new creatures species. The nose of a plasmavore was incredibly developed, once a smell was absorbed it was immediately remembered and clustered with the species that said smell had emitted from. So, when there was a reek of fat and grease in the air, it was humans but if there was a smell of tulips and lavenders then it was a Butterfeyeian. This creature though, this creature had a most peculiar smell.

It was the smell of everything and yet nothing, distinguishable and yet unreadable. It was as if some creature had combined the scents of every living and non-living creation in the universe and had crammed the stench into the body of this human-like figure.

The figure, continuing to stare at the plasmavore with those emerald eyes, slowly walked towards the fallen form of the human, boots squelching on the ground as he walked forward. It reached the sobbing, broken human in a matter of seconds, eyes glancing along the greasy body before it pulled out a long, cylindrical object and began to shine it upon the human with a green light and a loud buzzing sound.

This strange new human-like creature was hunched over across the quivering body, running its strange device back and forth along the humans body, its back turned towards the plasmavore as anger exploded in the mind of the hungry plasmavore.

The plasmavore moved forward quickly, mind bubbling with rage as it watched the near human tend to its prey, making it look bad in front of the elder, ruining its very first feed. It crossed the distance swiftly, taloned hands raised towards the mysterious figure just as he stood up, intent on crushing his skull and mashing his brains. The figure turned to it at the last second, the strange cylinder giving off a soft beeping beat that was faintly familiar to that of a heartbeat, before his eyes narrowed and he began to speak to the advancing plasmavore.

“Today is your lucky day.”

The plasmavore froze in its approach as the human-like creature spoke to it in a voice that betrayed no hint of emotions, no sliver of feelings. The voice was cold and devoid of humanity.

“Because today, I am feeling generous. You and your wrinkly friend over there have exactly ten seconds to get out of here. That's ten more seconds then I would have given you if the human was dead.”

The plasmavore felt a small shiver of fear slip through its form as it let out a muffled shake before its eyes narrowed at the demanding figure before it, placing one taloned leg forward in a sign of obvious aggression. The mysterious figure simply sighed in weariness.

“Do not try my patience plasmavore, after what I have seen here, do not try to goad me. Just do the smart thing and run.”

It growled once, a low guttural sound that spoke of dominance and retribution. The plasmavore stepped forward once more as the figure placed himself firmly in between the hungry plasmavore and its broken meal. Slowly one of the figures arms rose out, cylindrical object pointing directly at the big, midnight blue box before it thumbed the button with a soft muttered So be it.

A loud whirring punctured the silent dome as the green flickering light of the cylinder burst into life, transmitting a signal to the unmoving blue box. Almost immediately the dull, glazed light on top of the odd box began to pulse more vibrantly, a faint humming coming from the blue box. It took two seconds for the final wavelength, the final signal to be sent to the mysterious box. And when the final signal met the box with an inaudible fizzle all hell broke loose upon the dome.

A brilliant shaft of blazing white light exploded from the glazed light on the head of the box, arcing upwards like a great pillar before the light slammed into the dome. Great cracks spread across the impact point of the light, tearing their way down towards the base of the great dome as segments of the white dome began to crumble and collapse.

Out of the corner of its dark eye the plasmavore saw the mysterious figure grab and carry its prey towards and then into the blue box that had started the falling of the sky. The young and elder plasmavore could only watch in horror as great shards of the dome cracked with an ear-splitting shriek and plummeted to the ground around them, slamming into the floor and shattering into a million shards.

The young one paused for a second, eyes widening as it took in the apocalyptic sight before it, seconds later it began to run, to flee just as the mysterious traveller had said. But it was too late.

A single, flat shard of the cracked white dome splintered off from the main body and fell, faster and faster as it picked up pace. The plasmavore had just enough time to glance upwards at the descending pane of white solid, had just the time to allow its eyes to widen in fear and horror before the shard collided with its head, letting out a loud thud that echoed around the falling dome.

The impact sent the plasamvore sprawling onto the floor, broken shard shattering upon impact. The plasmavore's eyes began to roll up into the back of its head as the lights around him began to fade, as the darkness began to grip its conscious. Soon the sounds of falling and smashing shards of the dome fell silent, the damage done as the plasmavore desperately tried to keep itself conscious, to get help for itself and for the elder that would be laying, perhaps crushed, under the rubble.

Soft crunching lightly rolled around the now quiet landscape, the sound of feet hitting the hopelessly broken shards of the dome wafting around the area. Shakily the plasmavore turned its head to witness the arrival of the human-like figure who was wearing a deep set frown upon his face, guilt and anger flickering across the features before it knelt down next to the wounded plasmavore and began to speak.

“Sonic pulse disrupts the inter-molecular structure of the solid particles in the dome, causing cracks to appear in said dome as the atoms and particles begin to pull away from each other. So, before you ask me, that was not dark magic or sorcery.

You should have run. I didn't want this to happen and, truly, I am sorry for what I have done here. Perhaps you'll learn though, learn that you can no longer just snatch helpless beings from around the universe to participate in your silly little ritual.

Now, I want you to remember something, a message for your people when they find you...”

The mysterious figure suddenly rose, his body silhouetting against the bright glare of the sunlight that burnt the plasmavore's skin, casting a long, dark shadows over the destruction it had wreaked.

“Tell them my name. Tell them what I have done here. Tell them of what I have said to you. Tell them that The Doctor is stopping this childish, dominant grappling game once and for all. And tell them one more thing...”

The figure, The Doctor, now leaned back down once more to whisper menacingly in the ear of the injured plasmavore.

“Tell them of me, of the last Timelord, of the damage I can do. Because if I have to return here, if I have to come back and find my rule broken then there won't be enough space in the universe for you to run.”

The plasmavore whimpered pitifully as it nodded its pale white head quickly, terrified of the destroyer before it. The Doctor sighed once, glimmers of uttermost self-loathing and guilt playing across his features before he stood up and made his way over to his mysterious blue box.

The plasmavore caught the muffled, whispered phrase that the strange creature, The Doctor, was repeating to itself over and over again before it lost consciousness and passed into the dark void that had beckoned it for far too long.

What kind of Doctor am I now?

[.]

The plasmavore fell forward, muzzle colliding with the cold, cobbled road as it was dragged painfully out of the reminiscent memories. Its muzzle shot sharp tendrils of pain across its being as slowly it pulled itself back onto its hooves, very shakily as it glanced once more around the dark, foreboding town around it.

Its first feed had been disgraceful, banishment had nearly been brought down upon it for the destruction of the dome and the loss of the prey, the elders forcing the blame entirely on it. Not even the elder that had been there had anything to say on the matter, merely lying through its dark mouth as the young, fearful plasmavore had been put on a strict warning and told to return to the hatchling fields in shame.

There, amidst the taunting of the younger plasmavore's it had started to ponder this “Doctor”, anger and rage pulsing out of it in great waves that had threatened to engulf everything. There it had promised to find The Doctor, to take his body as its own but not before it destroyed everything around him first, not before it reduced him to the wreck that the plasmavore currently was. Not before it toppled the world of the last Timelord.

That colt, that blood bow-tied, black haired, blue eyed colt had brought these memories forward, had forced them to return to the angered, lost plasmavore with just a look in the distant blue eyes. It was almost as if the colt was...no. Impossibility on a phenomenal scale. Still, the plasmavore couldn't shake the odd feeling that the colt was more then he seemed, that beneath the body of that stallion there was something else, something dark and bright, angry and happy. Cold and warm.

As the memories began to flood back into its dark, seething mind the plasmavore pushed itself forward and trotted disjointedly across the still darkened square of town, its mind concentrated on one word and one word alone, over and over again until it threatened to spill forth from its mouth.

Doctor

[.]

“So, lemme get this straight. You're a “Timepony”. You're from another world called Galliflop. You're really, really old but you don't look it. And you crashed here, on our world completely by accident?”

The Doctor smiled at Rainbow Dash's explanation of events, summarising the last hour of explanations into a single, neat, tidy sentence that would have been a lot more useful an hour ago.

This had in fact been the third time she had asked him this, her brain and five others in the room spinning around and around at the surprising truth behind the mysterious colt, each one of them wanting to deny the facts but each time Applejack would quietly pipe up and say that he was not lying.

The Doctor wasn't entirely sure what it was that Applejack had that commanded such honesty and acceptance from the other mares but he knew she wielded her power well.

“Why yes and no. I am from Gallifrey not Galliflop. Towards the rest of it though, you're bang on!”

The Doctor voice piped up happily, smile widening at the look of astonishment across the faces of all the mares before him, taking in the sight of the confusion and bafflement with a lovely mixture of glee and happiness.

The smile soon faded though as the question he had been fearing burst from the mouth of the once timid butter yellow pegasus, The Doctor silently wishing that she would revert back to her scared self so as to stop the questions.

“What did you do to the manticore?”

The Doctor sighed slightly as he walked back and forth around the library, eyes still flickering across the bookshelf as they picked out interesting book names such as Equestrian History: Vol. 1 or Starswirl The Bearded's Cheap 'N Easy Magic Tricks.

“I have fought monsters before Fluttershy, beasts that threatened the very existence of civilizations, tyrannical leaders that slew millions of their own. I don't believe a single manticore was any real challenge for me, I just told it to leave...rather forcibly.”

At this the girls eyes widened once more before they each turned their gazes to the little yellow pegasus, making her blush at the sudden attention. With a soft eep, Fluttershy raised one wing up from her body and forced her head under her feathery appendage to hide her rather large adorable blush.

The Doctor merely looked on in confusion, theorizing that perhaps this was a ludicrous form of punishment created for the normally shy mare in case she ever escaped from her timid box. He coughed slightly, drawing the attention of Rarity who turned to him with a quizzical look.

“I, ah, don't really understand why you're all looking at Fluttershy like she's a bipedal ape with bad hair and a poor sense of fashion. Mind filling me in?”

The Doctor chuckled lightly at his own joke before looking back to Rarity who, for the hundredth time today, was looking at him with a mixture of confusion and humour.

“Well my dear, we were merely looking upon our friend here because what you said describes her Stare very, very well.”

The Doctor frowned in puzzlement at the mares strange statement. Was the stare some type of defence mechanism? Was it some sort of weapon? Perhaps these ponies were not as peaceful as they seemed.

“And this “Stare” would be...?”

“The single most terrifying thing I have seen in my whole life.”

The Doctor laughed at the humour in mirth before noticing Rarity's deadpan expression, his laugh choking off slightly into a poorly disguised cough as he struggled to come to terms with what she had meant. Just as he was about to question her on the odd incident which must have led to her irrational fear of stares he was interrupted by a series of loud yawns exploding from the mouths of the mares around him.

The Doctor chuckled loudly as the sheepish grins and light blushes returned to the mares faces, adorableness pouring forth from the simple display like a great tsunami. Twilight frowned once more, head rising to look at the rather large, ornate clock that rested quite snugly on the wall of her library, the time reading twenty minutes past eleven. With a slight gasp and an incredible widening of eyes, Twilight spun back round to face her now sleepy looking friends, a manic expression shimmering across her purple face as her left eye began to twitch.

“Oh. my. Celestia! I am completely off schedule! I'll have to write down a whole new regime of spells to master and dates to re-arrange!”

At this, the five mares began to slowly back away from the rushing, bizarre alteration that was Twilight Sparkle, all five pairs of eyes fixated on her with a mixture of fear and slight sadness, as if they had resigned themselves to her little crazy sessions. The Doctor, however, had never seen the studious, logical purple mare behave in such a way before, oblivious to the rolling emotions that pulsed beneath the surface as he stepped forward to try and calm her down before she hurt herself or any others in her lightning fast and babbled speeched movements.

As he walked forward across the wooden library floor he heard the soft sound of sliding hooves behind him, muffled goodbyes tainting the air slightly as the old library door creaked open with a small shriek. The sound of four exiting mares echoed around the amazingly acoustical house as the purple blur began to increase in speed, the sound of Twilight's oh no's increasing greatly in volume until they rang around the house in a great medley of worry.

The Doctor paused in his approach to glance around his...shoulder to stare at whatever mare had yet to leave the now deadly library, the four hoof steps fading into the background as four mares trotted home. One orange furred, blonde maned mare remained standing beside the open door, a look of guilt and trepidation plastered across her honest face, mixed emotions rolling in her emerald eyes.

She seemed to move forward for a second before she shook her Stetson coated head, eyes breaking contact with the floor as she turned around to walk away, glancing over her shoulder as she walked through the door before passing one last comment to The Doctor.

“Good luck, y'all gonna need it.”

The Doctor opened his mouth to question her before the door to the library slammed shut, Applejack vanishing through it as her gentle clops faded into silence. The Doctor turned back towards the still hectic lavender mare, small thoughts flowing through his mind like a steady stream as he pondered Applejack's odd behaviour, as if she were feeling sorry for him?

No sorry wasn't the right word. She was scared for him.

The Doctor visibly gulped back his small fear now as the realization hit him, instead opting to move onwards with his helping hoof plan, deciding not to be swayed by whatever horrors may lay in wait for him. He pulled up next to the spinning, babbling purple mare, eyes rolling around and around as he watched her rocket around the same spot again and again and again.

“Uh, Twilight?”

“Oh no, oh my.”

“Twilight?”

“No no no no no.”

“Oh look the libraries on fire!”

“WHAT!?”

The Doctor grinned at the reaction, expectations being met as the lavender filly immediately stopped her rapid spinning and instead resorted to shooting her gaze all around the room, purple eyes filled with panic as she desperately sought out the flames. However his grin soon faltered and fell as the blazing purple eyes fell upon him, sparkling with anger as a low growl escaped the mares throat.

“Did you lie to me Doctor?”

The voice was laced with thinly disguised rage, making The Doctor truly gulp in horror as the mare began to stalk forward, pain on her mind.

“Ah, well...you see, the thing is...”

The Doctor didn't get to finish his sentence as the slowly approaching mare came into leaping distance, springing out to tackle him with a mighty jump and a low roar that would have raised the dead, yet Spike still slept on. The Doctor hopped backwards with a startled yelp before bolting off around the library as the mare swung around to take another leap at him. Steadily she joined him in the chase, stalking him around the room with apparent ease.

“Now *pant* Twilight, I'm *puff* sure that we *wheeze* can settle this like *gasp* adults!”

The only reply was the steady pace of the purple hooves behind him increasing in speed, drumming the worn floor mercilessly. The Doctor risked a glance back, sweat trickling down his face at the sudden exercise only to gasp in fear as he beheld how close Twilight was to his rump, anger in her eyes as she took site of the colt that had joked about her precious library being burnt.

The Doctor increased his speedy pace, grinning wildly as he felt the purple mare fall behind on the rage-fuelled run before his eyes widened as he came to a stunning and scary realization.

She has magic.

Just as The Doctor thought this a great purple vapour spread around his body, stopping him mid-run with a sharp tug causing him to whimper in surprise. He felt himself being levitated towards a particularly angry mare, the glowing purple field around him writhing slightly as he vainly struggled to escape his magical prison. His struggling fell still as he was pulled before Twilight who was smiling manically, the sight sending cold shivers up The Doctor's spine. Forcefully he set a cocky, boyish smile on his face as he spoke to her in a tone that betrayed no hint of his fear.

“Oh hello Twilight, how may I be of assistance?”

Twilight laughed a light, tinkling laugh that seemed to wash away all signs of her previous anger even though the magical bonds around The Doctor remained just as tight. The Doctor let out a soft, scared chuckle at her mannerisms before, once more, it was choked off as the sadistically scary smile returned to her face.

“Well, I have always wanted to try transformations spells but I never had a willing test subject.”

“What do you mean by “Never had a willing subject?”

The little laugh and smile that followed that question brought convulsing shivers to tear through The Doctor's body as fear flooded his veins. Still, he soldiered onwards, allowing a smile to spread across his face as he spoke in a warm voice that spoke of only cheery happiness.

“Y'know, this is exactly how I imagined this ending.”

[.]

Devour.

That was the only suitable word towards what The Doctor had done to the literature around the library during the night when everypony else was asleep, snores trailing around the great hollow tree like a line of ants marching.

He had successfully managed to calm Twilight down after half an hour of being turned from potted plants to mewling kittens, from woodentoasters to a rather peculiar orange chicken. When the clock struck twelve with a series of loud cuckoos noises, a small bird popping out of the wooden structure Twilight had turned around to frown at the device before offering up a particularly weary yawn. Seeing this and, quite luckily, being transformed previously into his pony body The Doctor had sprung forward and suggested that she retired for the night and how truly, terribly sorry he was for the whole ordeal he had put her through.

Of course this had worked wonders for Twilight who smiled happily if somewhat tiredly at The Doctor's suggestion of sleep, offering him up the spare room just across the hall from her own room which he had declined, stating that he rarely needed to sleep. Twilight had continued to pester him about the spare room for five more minutes until her eyes began to droop with sleep deprivation, yawning and giving up on her fruitless efforts to get The Doctor to sleep. She had left him downstairs in her precious library where he had decided upon a medley of books from which he would be reading. The list consisted of a great display of different books that had caught his attention.

There had of course been Equestrian History: Vol 1 which had proved to be a very intricate and knowledgeable book, allowing The Doctor insight into the world of the ponies around him. From that book he had discovered that there were two immortal rulers of Equestria, a monarchy system that spanned back thousands upon thousands of years. He had also discovered some insights into the three separate species of ponies and how they clubbed together under one banner to survive the weathering cold and freezing conditions, founding the land of Equestria together.

After the great success of the first volume, The Doctor simply had to read through Equestrian History: Vol 2. He soon discovered that the second of the immortal sisters, Princess Luna, had turned against her own and plotted to overthrow Celestia, the second sister. She had been defeated and banished to the moon where, legend has it, she would return after a thousand years. There was a little more about the cities and development of the ponies but not many interesting facts remained in the book about the culture behind the quadrupedal creatures.

Soon enough he had turned to Encyclopedia of magic which had proved to be quite a thrilling and yet disappointment bringing read. After digging up what unicorns could do with their magical powers it had pained The Doctor greatly to not be one of them, yet he had soldiered onwards and managed to convince himself that “Earth Ponies” had just as much potential for greatness and adventure as any other species.

Then came the Pegasi guide to flight and anatomy, a rather peculiar book on the bodily functions of the pegasi ponies and how their light bodies and hollow bones allowed them to maintain flight for up to ten hours at a time. It had proved most fascinating and tantalizing to find out the science and theory behind the flight of the pegasi and their anatomy and yet, once more, it had left him with a hollow feeling of disappointment.

Finally, he had stumbled across Earth Ponies: Truly magical. At first his twin hearts had leapt at the chance to read about his species before he began to flicker through the pages only to discover that most earth ponies had talents that consisted of everyday hobbies, baking and art making. He had brightened considerably when he had found out that Earth Ponies still had a form of magic that kept them more in touch with the earth and nature but still it just didn't seem to have the same electric, exciting ring to it like the unicorns and the pegasi had.

Needless to say by the time The Doctor had consumed the five incredibly large books the sun had broken across the horizon, brilliant gold light flooding the once drab, dreary library with warmth and a welcoming glow. The sound of opening doors and calls of welcome flooded the outside of the library as the townsponies began to awaken and start their daily routines. The Doctor's ears swivelled to face the library door as the symphony of voices reached him, some old, some new. Some deep and some high. Each one was filled with joy and mirth, a simple mix of emotions that made The Doctor's hearts soar with happiness as he listened to a race that was simply so happy all the time.

It wasn't long before the thuds of steps bounced around the library as the stairs began to creak, keying The Doctor to the arrival of a certain, yawning purple and green dragon. Two pairs of eyes, one a deep blue and the other an adolescent green, widened in astonishment and slight fear at the sight of each other, two sets of jaws hitting the floor in surprise as the dragon and the Timepony stared at each other.

Two completely different minds were tossing and churning emotions around the poor owners, both creatures experiencing wildly different feelings at the sight before them. The caramel brown colt was staring in complete joy and astonishment at the dragon before him, feelings of happiness and excitement swirling through his mind as he came to terms that this world had so many wonders that had yet to show him, one of them being dragons!

The reactions of the little purple and green dragon was certainly a whole lot different to The Doctor's. He had, of course, been completely and utterly asleep when the caramel colt had arrived, oblivious to Twilight's welcoming of him to the library. Terror and anger flooded the young dragons veins as he beheld the stallion below him, jumping to the conclusion that even though the colt was reading a selection of books he was most certainly a burglar. And burglars most, of course, be punished in the worst possible way.

A great burst of flickering green flame spewed from Spike's mouth as he went on the offence, intent on causing as much damage to the literary burglar as possible. The flame streaked towards The Doctor, who watched it speed towards him in something that closely resembled awe before the realization hit him, luckily before the green fire did. With terrified, widening eyes The Doctor dived to the side as the green flame struck the ground and exploded with a slight boom, knocking him flying as emerald sparks disintegrated around the library, the fire being cut off as the magical fire system activated, dousing the room and clearing the flames.

Spike took another, deep breath as The Doctor stood shakily onto his hooves, rubbing his head where he had hit the wall from the small but compact force of the explosion. Just as the green dragon of death began to release the swelling flames in his gut he was hoisted backwards by a bright purple aura, fire vanishing with a burp as the flames were sucked back down into his gullet.

Spike spun around, purple aura shifting his body as he took in Twilight who, had he been a bit more noticing, was currently staring at him with a mixture of astonishment, disappointment and anger. As it was, he was too far down the path of the executioner to see Twilight's rolling emotions, instead opting to blurt out the matter at hand.

“Twilight, there's a burglar in the house! Don't worry though, I'll get 'em!”

And with that sentence Spike made to dash off to finish the assailant, legs kicking in the air as the purple levitating field around him pulsed slightly, refusing him access to the wooden floor.

“Spike, what did I tell you about jumping to conclusions!? This “burglar” is actually a friend of mine that I allowed over for the night.”

The flailing of the baby dragon stopped quite suddenly, legs falling limp as he gazed at the purple mare with a puzzled if slightly abashed look, twiddling his reptilian fingers before speaking up in a much quieter voice.

“So...uh, the guy I nearly roasted is a friend of yours? Ehehe...”

Twilight sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose with one hoof in a weary manner before depositing Spike on the floor with a muffled thump, watching him flounder and scramble around the floor for a second. She turned her big purple eyes to The Doctor who was staring at Spike, not in anger, hatred or fear. Merely staring at him in amazement, completely oblivious to the fact that he had nearly been torched by the little wriggling dragon on the floor.

“A...a dragon? In a library? I mean, the books told me about the particular species of dragons, serpens, but I was never told you had one here Twilight!”

Spike immediately got up from his rolling to glare at The Doctor with a fierce expression on his young face, putting his hands on his hips in a manner that spoke of seriousness.

“Had one? I'm Spike, not just some random dragon! I'm her number one assistant!”

And with that said, the little green and purple dragon named Spike puffed his chest out in pride before his ashamed expression returned to him, colouring his cheeks a blotchy red.

“Oh and, eh, sorry about the whole nearly killing you thing. You just caught me by surprise.”

The Doctor merely waved him aside as Spike descended the stairs, stubby tail swishing back and forth behind him like a broom.

“No harm done my dear reptilian friend. Now Twilight, whilst I'm not usually one for home visits I am dying to get out into your lovely town and have a little explore. Would you care to join me?”

Twilight smiled warmly at The Doctor, shooting a somewhat icy gaze at Spike who looked at the ground in shame before she shuffled backwards towards her room, calling behind her as she trotted into the inter-locking white bathroom, snowy tiles gleaming with cold and a blinding shine.

“I'd love to Doctor, let me just sort out my mane.”

The Doctor frowned slightly before raising one hoof to his hair to make sure it was successfully wild, sighing with relief as he felt it snatch and grab at his brown appendage. He took a few seconds to fix his slightly crooked red bow-tie before he turned to Spike who was staring at him with amusement and confusion, one eyebrow raised questioningly.

“How do I look?”

“Like you just woke up in a room full of hair-dryers with an intense hatred for brown colts and black hair.”

The Doctor pondered the explanation for the merest of second before a smile lit up his face.

“Excellent.”

The gentle trotting of hooves on the stairs brought The Doctor to attention as he beheld the now fresh, awoken looking Twilight happily jaunting down the stairs, humming a quiet tune to herself as her now combed and tamed mane swished back and forth. The lavender mare hopped from the bottom step before trotting over to a desk of some sort from which she pulled out a set of yellow...saddlebags?

She quickly fastened them onto herself in a way that defied every law of physics that existed before she happily hopped to the old wooden door, still humming the light tune. She swung the door open, allowing intense, burning light to flood the library before she turned around to face the squinting Doctor, eyes sparkling with mirth and happiness as she watched the expression on his face turn from one of confusion to one of sheer joy, a simply enormous smile splitting across his face making Twilight smile wide, sharing in his joy.

The Doctor gazed around the town, eyes darting around the multiple buildings and hooves trampling the dirt, kicking up great flecks of dust, outside of the library before he spoke his first, shaky words to the rich village around him.

“Its all so colourful!

[.]

Fifteen minutes.

It had taken Twilight fifteen whole minutes to stop The Doctor gallivanting around the town with tremendous speed, smiling and waving at every pony he passed before he'd spy a new sight to behold and immediately burst off in a completely different direction. So far he had visited about one quarter of the town however, that one quarter was spread across the whole town, small pockets of the newly discovered town being brought to life as The Doctor shot through them, mumbling to himself before continuing his rapid speed around the village. Eventually, ten minutes in, Twilight had lost The Doctor in his frantic running before following the trails of Fascinating and Intriguing to find her desired target.

She had successfully managed to coax him into following her around, saying that she would show him the most recognizable areas, her friends houses and then, finally, he would be allowed to explore for himself as long as he didn't end up breaking anything. He had replied with a muffled Easier said then done to which she had giggled softly and allowed a small smile to shift across her features before they had trotted off in a direction that could only really lead to one building.

Sugarcube Corner.

Upon seeing the massive sweet built household, The Doctor had merely stopped dead in the street and had continued to stare in amazement and hunger at the rising, delectably smelling building before him, drool forming around his mouth. The scent of freshly baked muffins and cupcakes wafted from the large confectionery shop, drawing The Doctor in like a moth to the flame. Slowly, he and a very confused Twilight had trotted over to the building, a set of deep blue eyes fixed on the wonderful displays of sweets and bakery that gleamed deliciously behind clear glass walls. He had reached one tentative brown hoof out to softly stroke the glass windows, fruitlessly trying to get at the delightful food behind them before he felt an odd pulling sensation around his waist, startling him and making him yelp as he felt two incredibly strong arms rap him in a tight embrace.

The Doctor had prepared himself for a vicious fight, blue eyes glancing down at the brutal grip of pink fur that had wrapped him in chains of steel.

Pink...fur.

“Ohmygosh, IamsohappythatyoucameDoctor! ThismorningIaskedmyselfifthenewcoltwouldshowupsoIcanshowhimaroundSugarcubeCornerandmaybemakehimacupcakeandhereyouare!”

The Doctor gagged for air as the grip tightened for a split second, the speeding, babbling words rolling around his head as he desperately tried to claim oxygen and to figure out the meaning of the mysterious chant of sorts that had escaped Pinkie's mouth.

“Oxygen...good...help.”

Pinkie glanced in confusion at the asphyxiating colt in her iron grip before gasping slightly as she watched his eyes bulge in his head, allowing him to be free as she dropped him on the ground with a slight pumf of dust that rose up from his impact with the floor. The Doctor sucked in long, harsh breaths as he felt strength and much needed oxygen flood back into his body before he achingly pulled himself up, coughing quietly as he did so.

“Ohmygosh, I'm sooooooo sorry!”

The usually bubbly voice had been replaced with a sad, tearful tone that caused The Doctor to glance up at Pinkie in surprise, the sudden change of demeanour shocking him ever so slightly. She was still her usual self really, perhaps a bit more grey and slightly flatter hairr covering her pink head and yet there were small traces of un-shed tears in her blue eyes, waiting to burst should she be met with cruelty or anger.

“I've faced for worse foes then your death grip Pinkie, don't worry about me.”

“Oki doki loki!”

“Wait but...what?”

The Doctor had expected a few hesitant sniffles, perhaps a happy content smile from the bubbly mare but almost as swiftly as the change had occurred she had reverted to normal, her luminous pink colour returning as the tears vanished from her eyes and her hair once more returned to its normal inflation. As soon as he had stated his apology she had clasped him warmly once more, no longer with her snake grip, rubbing pink fur against ruffled brown fur causing him to exclaim in surprise at the sudden shocking change.

“C'mon, lemme show you around!”

The Doctor could only look at Twilight in fear as a pink hoof wrapped around one of his brown hooves, eyes widening in horror as he watched Twilight let out a little, mischievous smirk at the actions of the pink menace. For a split second all was still, birds flitting incredibly slowly through the trees as The Doctor felt the beginning of a tug on his hoof before activity exploded around him.

If it were possible to break the sound barrier using nothing but your own body, the pink mare pulling him with the force of a two ton rhino would surely have broken it and sent its remains to Tartarus. As it were the speed at which she was dragging The Doctor through the bakery made smoke waft up from his three flailing legs that were tread-milling the floor like there was no tomorrow, grey vapour rising up as sparks danced around his hooves.

Pinkie dragged him through different sections of the bakery, calling out names such as The Cakes Incredible Kitchen, Pinkie's Pinkeriffic Room and, The Doctor's personal favourite, Gummy's Fort DeTriumphe which looked suspiciously like a bathroom with an alligator sticking out of the toilet. Vivid colours burst through his vision as he was ruthlessly dragged through each room, pink the most prominent of all the colours kept rearing its head to frazzle his sensitive eyes with its majestic glow.

The smell of fresh baking and intoxicatedly sweet candy wove through his nose as Pinkie continued her blitz of a tour, mouth running like a motor as she proceeded to offer up lightning fast explanations for each room before darting on to the next room. The smell was delectable, brining back memories of human food and the wonders they had made, fish fingers, custard and, the best of all, fish fingers and custard.

The lightning fast exploration of Sugarcube Corner continued for perhaps thirty more seconds, The Doctor wincing as his hooves ground painfully against the floor before Pinkie rounded a corner to reveal the very front of the bakery, Twilight standing in the exact same spot as she had been in before, the same little smirk on her face.

The Doctor came to an unexpected and particularly jarring stop as the pink mare leading him suddenly put on the brakes, causing him to slam into her at intense speeds. However, instead of slamming into her and knocking her flying he merely bounced off of her as if she were a trampoline, once more physics being thrown to the wind as The Doctor lay on the floor, blinking the stars out of his eyes and trying vainly to figure out what had happened in the last minute.

Pinkie turned to look at him, splayed on the ground from where he had rocketed into her before she giggled a soft tinkling laugh that warmed the atmosphere and seemed to alleviate the small thumping pain from his age old head. She cartwheeled around him as he staggered to his hooves, clutching his head as the dizzying movements of the mare around him threatened to claim him.

“What are ya doin silly?”

“Trying to come to terms with what in the name of sanity just happened.”

“Sanity is for the weak.”

“Wha-”

The Doctor stared at Pinkie with a mixture of confusion and unbridled fear at the statement she had just made, the dark, serious note of her sentence clashing wildly with the giggling, happy voice she had used to deliver it. The confused colt blinked once, twice, three times before sighing under his breath at the oddity that was Pinkie Pie, opting to have a proper look around of the front of the quaint, warm bakery.

Bright iced cupcakes littered the shelves and the fudge coloured walls, great spectrum’s of bright red and pink, blue and yellow bursting beautifully around the bakery. Mahogany wood girders rose from the ground, golden markings etched and carved along its length as it stood proud and tall, a small heart shape punctured into the main frame. A calming, almost icy coloured blue floor stretched around the bakery, occasionally running into odd steps and twists that made it veer off in every direction possible.

A selection of small green rugs lay scattered across the floor, thrown haphazardly around to allow customers to wipe their hooves. Red and white candy cane pillars rose sweetly from the ground, swirling towards the top of the bakery with an intoxicating smell. Hanging yellow lights swung softly from the caramel coloured roof, throwing great shades of orange and yellow light around the bright bakery. Towards the end of the front room stood a rather simple purple and brown wooden desk with a metal cash register gleaming on its surface. Behind said cash register stood a tall set of dark brown stairs that stretched upwards until they punctured the roof of the bakery.

The main site though was the marvellous display of confectioneries and goodies that lined the bakery, their delicious scent wafting pleasantly through the rather large shop. To his right sat a rather delectable looking brown and yellow cake that had a light decoration of cherries that swirled and danced along the icing coated floor. Rows upon rows of cupcakes slept along the large shelves, colours bursting through the atmosphere. An incredibly large and delicious smelling apple pie sat behind the counter, glorious scent spreading across the bakery as the apples and the crust began to cool with a noticeable crumbling texture. Blue, red and purple candy canes jutted out from a peculiar looking cylinder box, looking almost like an umbrella deposition area if it were not for the winding, twirling sweets that sprouted from it.

Cool, brown cookies lay in neat piles around Sugarcube, white chocolate and chocolate chips spread lovingly along their front in a clean little display of perfection. The most fantastic display of sweets sat behind the stained glass counter, resting ravishingly behind the protected displays, great twirled iced cakes and soft, melting cookies sat snugly within the purple blanket inside of the display. A single, diamond encrusted cupcakes sat in the middle of the display, sparkling magnificently in the thrown yellow light.

The Doctor's mouth watered at the visage of sweets before him, eyes spinning to stare around at the wonderful foods on sale. Of course, normally he would be anything but hungry, having gone weeks without sustenance but something about falling into a whole new universe combined with the fantastic smell that surrounded him brought The Doctor's to water.

Twilight swiftly noted the gleaming, lustful eyes of The Doctor and the small amount of drool that was pooling around him, smiling in humour as she walked up behind the dazed, hungry colt.

“So, what do you want?”

The Doctor jumped slightly at the new voice, snapping out of his hunger filled daze as he turned to spy the purple mare behind him before he shook his head and turned back to staring at the displays.

“Nah, I'm fine Twilight. I'm not even that hungr-”

He was cut off rather quickly as his stomach gave an almighty roar of thunder like sound, signalling its displeasure at being ignored by the stubborn colt.

“Hmm, you sound pretty hungry to me.”

The Doctor merely mumbled something incoherent about his stomach and how it should stop betraying him before he turned to Twilight, a small look of guilt flickering across his face as he braved himself to ask the painful question.

“I don't suppose you would let me buy something would you?”

Twilight gasped in fake astonishment, bringing one hoof to cover her small, ovular mouth in a terribly acted impression of disgruntled shock.

“My, Doctor, how could you ask such a thing, even though I already asked if you were hungry!”

The Doctor shot a small, annoyed glare at Twilight causing her to giggle at his adorable pouting face before she waved her hoof at him, dropping the terrible acting and speaking to him in a nonchalant voice.

“Sure, pick whatever you want. This ones on me.”

The Doctor twirled around happily, eyes shifting quickly from confectionery to confectionery, mouth opening and closing again as he chose what he wanted and then found something new that excited him. The Doctor kept his piercing glance around the bakery, trying to decipher exactly what would fill his stomach and what he truly, desperately wanted to devour. He wracked his mind as he plagued his thoughts to inform him of what delectable treat would be most appreciated by his body before his eyes widened in a stunned realization.

It couldn't be...

The Doctor frowned slightly, looking around the bakery for the treat that had piqued his interest and that had sent his taste buds into a pleasurable meltdown of anticipation and yet the treat did not show up. Suddenly, his vision was disrupted by a pink blur appearing and wobbling in front of him like the twang of an elastic band, a broad smile stretching across Pinkie's face as she noticed The Doctor's quizzical, hungry expression burning through the bakery.

“Hey there Doc, whatchu lookin' for?”

The Doctor blinked in surprise at the new arrival before resigning himself to a soft sigh, accepting Pinkie as being Pinkie. He shuffled forward slightly, front hooves kicking at the ground awkwardly and a small blush spreading across his cheeks as he mumbled his answer in an embarrassed voice.

“Do you...have anything with...pears?”

Pinkie immediately nodded, the smile never leaving her face as The Doctor coughed into his hoof, visibly embarrassed at the odd display of food that he so wanted. He seemed almost like a chastised child who had done ill of his families teaching, nervously shuffling his hooves around the blue floor. Pinkie hopped around him, squeaking in a happy content voice completely oblivious to the colts anxiety at the question.

“We sure do, last pear pie we have is sittin' in the back. Lemme go get it for you!”

With that she hopped away behind the counter and through a large pink rimmed doorway, the creaking doors closing behind her as the soft sound of her whistling a gentle tune swam through the air. A slight, muffled disturbance outside of the bakery caused The Doctor to turn around to witness the odd occurrence that was taking place out the front of Sugarcube Corner.

A light blue, somewhat pudgy mare with flowing pink hair and a trio of cupcakes adorning her flank stood outside arguing heatedly with a large, bulky black stallion with heavy ringlets of dark green hair. The mares pristine apron was crumpled and crooked, indicating that she had most certainly had enough of talking to the bulking black stallion with the rowing boat cutie-mark. Yet the two continued to argue about some unknown cause, the angry words being muffled by the stained windows and heavy walls of the bakery as more and more ponies strolled over to the battling duo to witness the incident at hand. The mare seemed to notice the unwanted attention and, with a large red blush covering her cheeks, pointed her nose up to the frustrated stallion and began to march towards the bakery, head held high as the colt yelled what sounded to be slander at her.

The Doctor's attention was quickly snatched away as a loud thunk signalled the return of Pinkie Pie who was precariously balancing a crusty, hardly green pie on the top of her bushy pink head, indicating slightly with a flick of her tail towards a small table to the side of the bakery, sunlight flooding the furniture with warmth. Twilight stepped forward to pay the rumbustious pink mare, purple hoof reaching deep into the folds of one of her saddlebags before she was stopped by the chipper, jaunty voice of Pinkie Pie.

“No need to pay for this one Twi, its on the house.”

With a small, thankful smile Twilight pulled her hoof out of the yellow saddlebag to her right, nodding at Pinkie in a grateful demeanour. The Doctor trotted over to the warm looking table and stool before plopping himself down on the red padded seat, feeling the strain leave his legs as he sat down with a content sigh. Pinkie merely giggled at him before bouncing over and carefully placing the pie down on the table, her professionalism shining through as she almost daintily allowed the pie to slide off of her head and onto the tables heated surface. She and Twilight swiftly retreated to a silenced corner of the bakery, discussing topics that would have sparked large amounts of interest in The Doctor had he not been about to munch down on the delicious looking pie in front of him, his mind focused solely on the food before him.

Just as he opened his mouth and leaned forward to take a hefty bite out of the intoxicating pie before him the door to Sugarcube Corner burst open, the bell above it ringing viciously as the hardly pudgy blue mare from before stalked in, a look of weariness so evident on her face that it made The Doctor look up in surprise, confused that ponies could express such an emotion. The blue mare sighed before heading towards the counter, the familiar voice of Pinkie ringing across the entrance of the shop with a clear.

“Hi Mrs Cake!”

The blue mare turned to smile at her softly before she frowned in anger as the door to the bakery once more swing open mightily, sending the bell into hysterics once more as the black, aggravated stallion strolled in, angered eyes intent on Mrs Cake. She sighed in open exhaustion as he skulked towards her, bulky black hooves slamming into the carpet loudly as he rose himself up, trying to intimidate the older mare with little effect. She raised one eyebrow at him, electric pink eyes flaring in annoyance as she took in the sight of the massive stallion before her.

“Yes?”

Her voice was tinged with a softness and a caring that revealed years of happiness and well-wishing, the happier emotions smothered by the large hints of annoyance and weariness in her voice.

“I'm here to get my free cupcakes!”

The stallions voice was rugged and deep, anger and frustration rolling off of him in great waves that buffeted and disturbed the atmosphere in the bakery, causing Pinkie and Twilight to turn around and stare at the scene.

The blue mare merely responded with a frown at the angry words, immediately gaining The Doctor's respect as she answered him coolly and without any hint of fear from the muscular stallion before her.

“I told you not to leave them out in the sun otherwise they'd dry up but you did. Its not my fault that they're ruined.”

The stallion snorted, a small amount of white vapour flowing out of his nostrils as he pushed one foreleg backwards against the floor in a threatening manner before hissing at the Mrs Cake.

“Doesn't matter none, I still want my cupcakes!”

The mare flinched in fear as he brought one foreleg down to the blue floor with a loud crack that broke Mrs Cake's hardened exterior. At the sight, The Doctor rose from his stool as Twilight moved forward to stand between the angry stallion and the frightened mare, desperately trying to cool down the situation as Pinkie looked on in shock, completely silent.

Twilight smiled warmly at the seemingly dangerous black stallion before she began speaking to him in a soft, calm, reasoning voice.

“I know you're upset but its not Mrs Cake's fault. Now, if you just asked nicely I'm sure she'd l-”

Twilight was interrupted by the angry shout that erupted from the black stallion as he, once more, stamped his hooves on the ground with a power that shook the foundations of Sugarcube.

“Shut up you purple twit!”

All three mares gasped in shock at the stunning insult, a very heinous word in Equestria spewing forth venomously from the stallions mouth. Small tears prickled Twilight's eyes as she felt the insult stroke home, stinging into her heart as she desperately tried to back-pedal away from the stallion who was marching towards both mares of blue and purple, Pinkie still stood stone still behind him in shock and disgust. Twilight eeped as he drew closer, folding into her body as he stared at her with a horrid expression that mixed both anger and perverse pleasure at scaring her in such a way.

The Doctor watched the scene unfold in front of him in stunning clarity, mind processing the fact that even in this cute world there were still horrible, cruel minds that would not resist threatening those weaker then them. He glanced down at his green, sweet smelling, uneaten pie as the large stallion stepped towards Twilight, causing her to curl into a ball of purple fur on the rugged floor before he sighed and grasped the pie in his mouth, resting it on his hoof in a waiter like fashion. He trotted calmly towards the looming hulk of muscle with careful, deliberate hoof-steps that rang around the bakery, pie balanced on his hoof as the large, veined neck turned to follow his approach.

The Doctor smiled cheerily at the enraged stallion before stopping quite suddenly next to him, the dark green eyes of the painfully toned colt resting upon him as a low grunt escaped the stallions lips along with a deep, ringing voice.

“What do you want?”

The Doctor continued to smile at the colt before he shrugged a meaningless shrug, speaking in an offhand voice as he closed his eyes and allowed the gesture to spread across his whole body in an obvious display of nonchalance.

“Well, I was just admiring the way you were bullying these poor helpless mares before I realized “somepony should put a stop to that.”

The stallion laughed deeply, obviously incredibly amused by the small, fragile looking colt that stood before him. He stopped to wipe a single dark mirth-filled tear from his eye with one of his large hooves before his emotions changed, hostility filling up his body as he hissed at The Doctor.

“Oh yeah, and what're you going to do about it?”

The Doctor turned his head away, speaking softly but with the same cheerful voice.

“Me? Nothing...”

The rather beefy stallion smirked in triumph at his intimidation of the caramel colt before his ears flicked forward to catch the rest of the colt's statement.

“...But my good friend, Pearson, most certainly has something to say about it.”

The stallion frowned in apparent confusion, looking around for this other colt that seemed to go by the rather peculiar name of Pearson, perhaps indicating a heritage that revolved around pairs similar to the Apple family. Shortly after locating no colt, especially not one by the name of Pearson, the hunky stallion turned back towards the caramel colt, mouth opened in the beginnings of a speech before he felt the soft but somehow impact-full smush of a rather tasty pie slamming into his face.

The Doctor watched the rude, sadistic stallion look around in a small amount of panic, trying to locate The Doctor's friend who was currently lying in his outstretched hoof, sleeping rather peacefully. The Doctor pulled his pie laden hoof back as the black stallion turned to face him, mouth open in an unasked question before he pushed forward and released his crusty friend, watching in joy and small amounts of disappointment at not being able to eat it as it spun through the air towards its target.

The stallion staggered backwards, limbs flailing wildly as he carelessly pin-wheeled around the bakery, green pie blinding his eyes with crusty pastry. The sloppy pie dish fell off of the stallions smeared face, clattering onto the ground with a loud rattle before spinning through the air like a frisbee as the foolish stallion stepped onto the still slippery dish, sending both it and him flying. The black stallion fell quite magnificently onto his rump with a slight splat as the room and the ponies outside burst into uproarious laughter.

Pinkie's loud snorting giggle rolled around the bakery, acoustics making it echo quite loudly as Twilight's adorable tinkling laugh followed shortly after, the purple mare holding a small hoof to her mouth to try and suppress the giggles. The best laugh of all though was the laugh of the older, blue mare that was in fits of absolute hysterics behind The Doctor. Her laugh was loud and heavy, weighed with happiness and relief at finally being able to escape from her exhaustion as the sound revolved around the pink, confectionery filled shop. Outside of the great sweet shop, great rolls of laughter rang around the town, deep and squeaky, old and young, mischievous and mirth-filled.

The black stallion growled deeply in embarrassment and anger, wiping the crumbling remains of the pie off of his face with two thick, oak like hooves as he pulled himself to his feet. The black stallion hissed in anger as his dark green eyes settled on the perpetrator of the crime, the caramel colt who was whistling a jolly, inconspicuous tune. The hefty stallion moved forward menacingly, hooves striking the blue floor with loud thumps as he drew level with the still whistling colt who had the nerve to have his eyes closed. A slight tinkle of the bakery bell flew through the sweet shop, quickly being drowned out by the continued laughter of the whole town at the unlucky but rather uncouth stallion.

Said stallion raised a hoof backwards, intent on delivering a much deserved punch to the face of the caramel colt who had embarrassed him before it was stopped by an iron grip, forcing the stallion to turn his head in rage at the mysterious pony who had stopped his revenge.

Deep, rolling, red muscular fur coated the body of the caramel colts protector, a small stick of wheat jutting out of the stallions mouth and a few tufts of blonde hair across the red head as he gazed at the black stallion with green eyes of indifference, almost as green as the large apple that coated his work worn red flank. The new pony moved the wheat around his mouth for a second before he spoke in a soft, calm southern drawl.

“I wouldn' recommend it if Ah was you.”

The stallion turned his gleaming green gaze from the whistling caramel colt to the huddle of muscle that gripped his hoof repeatedly before he felt the fight leave his body, slumping slightly to the ground as the red stallion let him go but refused to back away in case anything else erupted. The black stallion glanced at the red farm pony for a second before he turned his gaze to the now silent colt who was grinning at him with a cockiness that made his blood boil.

“I'll get you for this, you better watch your back.”

“Run along now, before Pearson's friends come over to join the party.”

The stallion huffed in anger, eyes narrowing in hatred as he glared daggers at the brown colt who merely smiled at him before he turned his back and trotted heavily to the door, opening it and closing it with a slam as he trotted through the still chuckling horde of ponies out front.

The Doctor continued to stare and smile cockily at the enraged stallion before he vanished amidst the sea of multicoloured ponies. The Doctor turned to the impassive, unmoving mound of muscular red fur as his smile widened a bit further, sticking his brown hoof out to shake his saviours in a token of friendship.

“Thanks for that, I was starting to run out of ideas of how to keep him from disembowelling me.”

For his part, the big red pony merely let out a small smile that was practically a fully blown laugh for the strong, silent farm pony, sticking out his hoof and shaking the brown colts hoof with little force.

“Tha names Big Macintosh.”

“I'm The Doctor.”

“Doctah Who?”

“Just The Doctor.”

The red stallion detached himself from the soft hoofshake and raised one massive red appendage to his chin, stroking it thoughtfully as he looked at the bakeries roof. Then, almost unnoticeably the ponies eyes widened in recognition before vanishing back into their impassive green pools as the red stallion began to speak with the soft southern drawl.

“Mah lil sis Applejack mentioned a Doctah fella when she came back late yesterday. I suppose that'll be you.”

The Doctor nodded his head once in admission to signal that he was the one that Applejack had talked about. Big Macintosh continued his slow but powerful speech, his voice as quiet as ever.

“She says you can come down to tha farm at anytime. Do ya want me to show ya now?”

The Doctor brightened at the idea of exploring Applejack's famed Sweet Apple Acres, already smelling the delicious tang of the apples as he nodded his head in renewed vigour, his rumbling, hungry stomach being forgotten as the thrill of embracing another part of pony culture, agriculture, took over his senses and excited him.

Big Macintosh turned around and began to walk at a steady pace, opening the bakery door with a gentleness that defied his form before he signalled The Doctor to follow with the soft flick of his blonde tail. The Doctor turned to Twilight, Pinkie disappearing behind the counter of the bakery to go and search for the still cackling Miss Cake.

“Will you be joining me Twilight?”

“I most certainly will Doctor. Also, thanks for taking care of that stallion for me.”

At this The Doctor smiled warmly before rushing over to the bakery door and bolting out of it in his haste to discover the famed farm of Ponville, Twilight following closely behind as she tailed the speeding colt. He, rather swiftly, caught up with the lumbering, powerful figure of Big Macintosh as Twilight followed behind, trotting next to him as she gained level with the still very mysterious brown colt. Almost too softly to hear she listened to his voice whisper quietly to himself as the trio marched onwards to Sweet Apple Acres, home of the best apples in all of Equestria.

Onwards and upwards.

[.]

It watched the black, tantalizingly angered stallion push through the heavy throngs of pitiful, laughing ponies, knocking those around him to the sides as easily as if he were knocking aside paper. It licked its green stallion lips as it watched the path of the black stallion, as it saw the strong muscles ripple beneath the sleek, dark coat, as it smelt the delicious scent of anger and hate that rose off of him in great rolling waves of emotions.

It was hidden from view, the shadow of the large, mismatched building being perfectly cast by the bothersome and yet useful burning sphere in the sky, allowing it to see all without being seen itself. It shuddered in disgust as it watched the ponies continue their pathetic, weak, sickening chuckling, wanting to simply step out of the shadows and crush them all under its hosts hooves. Yet, it did not. It was waiting for something. Or, more specifically, somepony.

Its dark wish was granted as, at the exact moment it began to ponder going after the black stallion and claiming his body, the brown colt with the blood red bow-tie stepped out of the bakery, chasing after a red stallion who, in turn, was being chased by the purple mare from before.

Its eyes narrowed in hatred and suspicion as it followed the brown colts movements, mind beginning to bubble once more with hidden, locked memories as its eyes fell on the caramel colt that had such a profound effect on the monstrous alien. Its eyesight began to blacken around the edges as memories swirled and writhed upwards, threatening to engulf it entirely with reminiscent facts.

It backed further into the long, deep shadow of the house to make sure it would not be spied by the inspecting eyes of any of the weak, frail, fragile residents, its mind nearly succumbing to the seductive pull of the memories before it could get fully into hiding. Still, it made it into the darkest level of the shadows, finally closing its eyes and allowing the memories to pour forth across its mind as its conscious began to fade with the strength of remembering.

Oh, and it remembered such horrible things.

[.]

Jdukin- Plasmavore Home Planet
Fifty two years ago


It had returned, forced by the elders, but it had still returned.

It had been nineteen long, brutal years for the plasmavore, having been rejected and cast out by the elders for the issue regarding the falling of the dome and then its murdering of half of the infants in its pool of hatch who had taunted and chastised it until it had snapped and turned upon them. It had fled from the once caring, comforting planet as the elders forcibly kicked him out for crimes against the plasmavore kind, sentencing it to refrain from ever returning to the planet without invitation or due cause, sending it out alone into the emptiness of space.

Yet here it was, in the host body of a rather peculiar looking red midget with small spikes jutting from its taken face, standing outside of the hall of elders, awaiting to discover the reason of its calling, hopelessly wishing for it to be the ending of its banishment. It did not exactly miss its home planet with its cruel abuse of the children and its ridiculously stupid first feed ritual but it missed being able to sleep without fear of being found or hunted down, without fear of being imprisoned or killed. It missed a warm, cosy hatchling nest of which it could curl up next to its family and simply sleep the year away without a care in the universe. It missed its freedom and its “mother”.

In the end it had been the fault of that Doctor who had fallen out of the sky and destroyed the young plasmavores life as easily as writing a sentence or speaking a word, trailing destruction wherever he went. It loathed him, even now, even nineteen years later. It had followed multiple leads to try and find its enemy, its persecutor and destroyer and yet all trails had led to dead ends and whispered vanishings.

Angered with its luck, it had taken to merely draining a host and then using that host body to kill, kill as many as it could in order to spread complete and utter chaos within a civilization. It was never found, though the shrivelled shell of the body was always pulled up somehow and inspected for wounds, the investigators only finding a peculiar hole in the neck of the victims.

It had lived that life for nineteen years, being hunted ruthlessly by angry, saddened races that had discovered its existence and its dark, malevolent purpose. It had rarely any time to sleep, no home to return to and only its own sneaky, deceptive mind to rely on to find a means of escape and travel. It had travelled to its home planet in a shuttle stolen from the Adipose people, the living chunks of fat that had spread across the universe like some disgusting disease, rotting and fattening life forms everywhere.

Its head turned sharply as the twin, white doors to the hall of the elders opened, green light flooding out and into the plain, white fields that the plasmavore had been resting upon, staring at the darkening night sky in deep thought, of The Doctor and of its own pathetic, saddening life. The elder, wizened plasmavore stepped forward, speaking in a harsh brittle voice as it called down warningly to the still young plasmavore.

Drop the disguise and follow me.

The plasmavore let out a long, drawn out sigh that spoke of its impatience and its boredom of the system of rule before it agreed to the set out rules, dropping its disguise and returning to its original white, wriggling form before following the elder with sharp, loud clicks of its talons.

It stepped into the hall as its black, shrunken eyes glanced around the spookily familiar building.

Great burning flamed pillars of green fire and twisting, turning white gloopy stone rose up from the ground, making the light flicker menacingly around the heavily shadowed hall. Great walls of pure white substance rose up from the ground, dripping the liquid onto the ground with the occasional plink, ringlets and drooping snot like goo dribbling down its cold, sticky length.

The roof was carved perfectly, raising upwards in a semi-circle like pattern, incredibly similar to the rooftops of the churches of the small island of Britain on the miserable planet of Earth. The floor was made primarily of the same goo that smothered and coated the great white walls, catching on the plasmavores feet.

The only difference was the rising wooden looking planks that stood out of the ground like a path to allow access to the hall without having to dirty its talons with the messy floor. The wooden planked path spread onwards for perhaps ten metres before abruptly cutting off as the true hall came into view, the muffled green light fleeing away from the sight.

It was set out much like a courtroom, the five judges signified by the elder plasmavores that sat behind a large, rising pure white desk that stood three metres high, small steps rising up from the corner to allow access to it. In front of that lay three sets of bench like seats, rectangular lengths travelling down and around the chief desk like an amphitheatre. A single, small green flame flickered beside the elder plasmavores as they stared at the intruder with old, harsh eyes that spoke of a lifetime of anger and hatred.

The basic design of the room was exactly the same, curving white roof and drooping, sticky white walls sprouting and forming the main body of the structure. The floor, however, was completely wooden in appearance, the stickiness of the substance the planet produced vanishing behind it like a bad memory.

It strode forward purposefully until it stood directly in front of the large desk, forcing the elders to peer over its length to peer at it in something that closely resembled contempt and perhaps a flickering of...pity?

The middle of the five plasmavores rose, an old, incredibly wrinkled and frail looking creature with hollow eyes and a rattling, wheezing voice that could barely be heard.

We have called you here today traitor to tell you of an incident that the majority here feel you should know about.

The plasmavore looked quizzically at the wheezing, bone rattling elder as it tried to picture what reasoning was behind its summoning. Its hopes of being reinstated had quickly been burnt and tossed away when the term of traitor had been used but instead of answering questions, it had just opened up even more. The old elder spoke up once more in the same rasping, cracking voice that signified that it was close to its death.

It revolves around your hatchling mother.

A plasmavore did not have a mother in any typical use of the word considering that there was no gender in its age old race. The hatchling mother was merely a plasmavore that had accepted the term of hatcling mother and had ventured to the fields of the birthed in order to claim the DNA of a child from the pool of unprocessed younglings.

The young plasamvore would then be given genes and DNA from the hatchling mother to allow it to grow, to form an embryo and then emerge from the pool of pure, swirling DNA a young plasamvore. A mother hatchling always had a slight attachment to their child, having created it but having no part in its upbringing. Still, the plasmavores all cared for their hatchling mothers for without them they would be alive today. There was a strong, unspoken bond between the two that no creature could explain.

Once more the elder piped up in the decrepit voice, snapping the young plasmavore out of its memories of its hatchling mother.

She was recently captured and imprisoned by the Judoon.

The plasmavore bristled slightly in anger at the new found knowledge, rage boiling up inside of it as it came to the realization that there was rarely ever a creature that could enter the Judoon prison system and ever escape. The next statement though made it stop its angered hissing and instead fall deathly silent.

We believe a creature named The Doctor was involved in the capture.

Rage and anger and terror pulsed beneath the stone still exterior of the plasmavore as it came to terms with the fact that, once again, this Doctor had come strolling into its life, its affairs and it had broken its being, its very soul.

The plasmavore screamed and raged and beat the hall of the elders in absolute anger as its emotions came flooding out of it in a great rolling wave of pure, white hot, unbridled rage.

Its hatchling mother was gone forever, captured by The Doctor.

It had failed its first feed and faced ridicule from its peers because of The Doctor.

It had been banished, secluded and sent into the icy realms of space to die alone because of The Doctor.

And now, now it truly felt the pain of being alone. Now it felt the agony of having no creature left that would miss it, no creature left that would help it or comfort it. Its hatchling mother was gone, stolen and snacthed by The Doctor.

As the plasmavore screamed and punched and kicked, as it was dragged away shrieking between the arms of two impossibly strong younglings, as it was thrown out into the coldness of the planet. As it crawled and slithered its way to its stolen shuttle, as it escaped the horrible, taunting, manipulative planet below it in a fiery ball of uncontrollable speed, it thought of one thing and one thing alone, an uncontrollable feeling that burst and bubbled beneath its opaque skin like boils. One thing that clung to it like the sticky substance of the horrific planet below. The thought of one who has experienced the worst and who is about to enact the worst.

Revenge

[.]

It opened its dark, blotched, corrupted eyes to the darkness of the shadows that had so skilfully swallowed its body. A single, fleeting burning thought shot through its old, evil head as it got slowly to its hooves, as it wandered from its hiding place to tail the mysterious and familiar brown colt, suspicions unfurling before its very eyes.

One thought, one single thought over and over and over again until it practically burnt its insides with its energy and its power and its need to be released.

Doctor.


Authors note: I just finished writing this and its 10:00PM in England so expect some errors from the final few paragraphs which I will fix tomorrow. Anyway, I am taking exams so this took a long, long time to come out and I know I promised the meeting of The Doc and the plasmavore in this chapter but the chapter was so long that I had to split it into two parts, this and another which is still in production. Plus, they sort of met anyway...

So, enjoy and, of course, constructive criticism is welcome.