• Published 28th May 2012
  • 6,254 Views, 128 Comments

Doctor Whooves- Through The Cracks - LemonDrizzle



Its Doctor Who, I can't explain in a short description!

  • ...
8
 128
 6,254

Out With A Bang

Chapter 1- Out with a bang


He watched her approach slowly as he sat in the confines of The Pandorica. The box buzzed and fizzed and sparked around him, his alterations beginning to take effect already. He could feel the very machine powering up, he could feel the heat from the imitating star, the exploding TARDIS beating down on his surroundings. He could feel the Earth spinning and shifting and its speed. He could feel his end and his beginning and the spaces in between as slowly, painstakingly slowly she approached him. The red hair that he had come to love flaring up in the light of his beloved, magnificent, burning TARDIS. The pale skin that seemed to shine amidst the filtered light, the orange scarf wrapped carefully around her neck as she stumbled towards him. He knew what he must look like to her, the Dalek had very nearly killed him before he had reached his ready made prison and, he realized he must look to be on Death's Doorstep. Pale, cold skin. Sweat laced brow. He smiled softly as he cast a glance down at his treasured bowtie.

At least if I am to go, The Doctor thought humouredly, I am going to go out in style.

Finally, finally she was here. Before him, the impossible, maddening, brilliant Amelia Pond. He could still remember their very first meeting, the girl and the madman with the box. How queer he must have looked, fish fingers and custard in hand. Not once had she fled, not once had she been afraid of him. The Doctor chose his companions well and she had started to become an incredible, brilliant, mind-boggling companion. Rory was alright too. However, the incident with the ponytail had left him quite puzzled over the mental condition of Rory. Fezzes and bow-ties are cool, ponytails are quite the opposite.

Amelia Pond was before him now, tears sparkling in her eyes and stuttered breathing betraying her emotions.

“..Hi”

Quiet, hushed and bordering on breaking down, Amy Pond started the horrifying ordeal of saying goodbye to the man who had sauntered into her life, shown her the stars, comforted her when she was afraid and who was, without a doubt, the greatest friend she had ever had the luck to stumble upon.

He looked up once more, joy and untethered emotions rolling across his old and yet seemingly timeless face. Pale as a snow covered tundra, a soft, free smile flickered across his face as he beheld the friend before him. The one who had sauntered into his life, who had shown him up time and time again and who had proven herself to be greater then he, more caring and considerate and just...more human.

“Amy Pond. The girl who waited, all night in her garden.”

The Doctor spoke softly and yet his voice carried across the room. His eyes glanced into hers, intent on her and her alone. No longer worried with the end of the universe, nor with his final goodbyes.

“Was it worth it?.”

“Shut up. of course it was” Amy spoke, nearly as quiet as The Doctor and with a hint of annoyance that seemed to bite into him.

“You asked me why I was taking you with me and I said "No reason." I was lying.”

The Doctor spoke now in an almost sorry tone, his breathing coming in harsh gasps between his clenched teeth. He'd have to go soon, just one more goodbye to make, one more reason to remain for as long as possible.

“It's not important”

“Yeah. It's the most important thing left in the Universe. It's why I'm doing this. Amy, your house is too big. That big, empty house, just you.”

Admittance was never an easy thing for people to accept. Once someone had lied to you for so long and you had grown accustomed to it, only to have it thrown out of the window at the last minute it hurts. Oh and did it hurt Amy. She wasn't picked because of who she was, she was picked because of what she was, how she lived. And that stung. She steeled herself, even in The Doctor's final moments she wasn't going to let him have the last remark.

“And Aunt Sharon.”

“ Where were mom and dad? Where was everybody who lived in that big house?”

She wanted him to shut up, to stop talking to her in that tone. That knowing tone. That tone which she had come to love and hate, loathe and tolerate. The tone that whispered, I'm smarter then you, I know so much and you know so little.

“ I lost my mom and dad.”

And it was at that moment that Amy started to feel that something was wrong. She had just said something, some horrible thing that should have brought tears to her eyes or at least a lump to her throat. And yet she had said it as easily as reciting a shopping list.

“How? What happened to them? Where did they go?”

“ I— I don't...”

Amy could feel every hair on her body stand on end, every minute detail of every tapestry around her. She took in every detail of The Pandorica and of The Doctor as she scrabbled mentally for the idea of what happened to her parents, who they were, what they looked like. Barely retaining a sob, Amy's will and confidence and esteem crumbled as she realized that she couldn't remember them, not at all. What kind of daughter was she to forget her parents like this!? What was wrong with her? How sickened would they be if th-

“It's okay, it's okay. Don't panic. It's not your fault.”

The Doctor had watched Amy's eyes as her world of reason and logic slowly began to topple as it dawned on her. Of course, he had to intervene. It was not The Doctor's duty to leave a girl to wallow in self loathing before him, in fact it was his duty to help those in need. And right now, Amy was in dire need.

“I don't even remember.”

“There's a crack in time in the wall of your bedroom. And it's been eating away at your life for a long time now. Amy Pond. All alone. The Girl Who Didn't Make Sense. How could I resist?”

“ I'm not going to just forget.”

The Doctor smiled a happy, content smile as he looked upon her, righteous to the end. Even intent on breaking the regime of the collapse of time just so she could remember. If there was one person, one singular person who could remember what they had been through it would be her.

“Nothing is ever forgotten. Not really. But you have to try.”

A loud voice, a voice that he would have so liked to grow accustomed to, to love even. A voice that would have surely meant a great deal to him in the future, had he had a future now. River Song called through to them, interrupting their saddening conversation.

“ Doctor! It's speeding up!”

“It's going to be a very Big Bang, Big Bang II. Try to remember your family and they'll be there.”

“How can I remember them if they never existed?”

The Doctor smiled merrily at her obliviousness. She didn't understand, all this time it was all about her. Even now it confused him to no end on how she had managed to break the time-memory seal around the cracks in order to recreate Rory, even if she didn't remember him at first, but it was that sort of thing that made her fantastic.

“Because you're special. That crack in your wall, all that time. The universe pouring into your head. You brought Rory back. You can bring them back too. You just remember. They'll be there.”

“You won't...”

“You'll have your family back. You won't need your imaginary friend anymore.”

Now the tears began to trickle down her cheeks. Soon, like the heavens opening themselves, tears began to stream down her face in a way that very nearly broke The Doctor's hearts. Still, he forced a strong smile.

“Amy Pond. Crying over me, eh? Guess what?”

“What?”

The Doctor smirked once, triumphantly.

“Gotcha.”

The doors to The Pandorica sealed shut, light blaring out from the crack in between the now closed, heavy duty doors. The symbols on the side began to light up in a luminous green circle, lightning struck the accursed prison of the last Timelord again and again. The Pandorica rose, shakily at first and then with more speed. Spinning and spinning and spinning, it hovered in the air for a split second.

And then it erupted upwards, blasting through the ceiling and started to hurtle towards the now burning, smouldering, failing blue box that held the power of a star. Faster and faster The Pandorica spun, closing the distance in a matter of seconds, barely giving The Doctor enough time to write his last message to those watching below. Closing his eyes, The Doctor felt the rush and the adrenaline pumping through his age old veins as he plunged into the cascade of fire and heat and sweltering, unquenchable flames that had been and still was his TARDIS.

Geronimo!

The Doctor struck the TARDIS with The Pandorica in a resounding crack, a crack that drew in every aspect, every molecule and atom around it and then released it in an explosion that tore the seams of reality asunder. Just as quickly, The Pandorica had worked its magic, new life exploding forth from the time machine and the magical cell that should have held The Doctor. Stars perished, matter dispersed, coalesced, formed into intricate woven patterns, formed into worlds that had fallen to the endless cracks in time. Life sprung up across the universe, evolution passing by in a matter of seconds as the life hidden within The Pandorica exploded outwards dramatically. Races reborn, the Ood, voice of the universe brought back to life. The Daleks, scourge of the universe being tossed through the endless fields of molecular reconstruction. Stars burst brightly across the complexion of the sky, the sun fading into existence with a bright glow. The human race, all seven billion of them formed from bacteria, to ape, to man in a matter of nanoseconds, turning to each other as the final folds of the universe began to sew back together. One single shard of the imploded TARDIS striking The Pandorica with a high, mettalic shlik carving into the metal of the life bearing cube. The cracks shrinking, faster and faster until more and more began to disappear with a loud pop. The universe reborn, the Big Bang 2 taking effect and the consequences couldn't have been greater.

Still he spun, endless spinning as The Pandrica began to glow with an unnatural light, the light of the silence and the end, the void between worlds beckoning it forward.

However, things do not always go as The Doctor has planned.

The Pandorica, nearly claimed by the light that had torn the universe into segments shot forward, straight into the pathway of the final, closing tear in time, plunging itself and The Doctor past the endless void and into somewhere new. Fantastic white light flared across the surface of The Pandorica as it increased its dizzying spin, travelling across the skin of the universe before smashing through into a new one, the tear closing itself behind the illuminating, mythical box.

Fire belched from the rear of The Pandorica as it flew through this new space, new worlds and stars and galaxies floating past it as it blazed its way across the endless space before it. In the distance, a planet vaguely reminiscent of Earth came into view. A blue planet with great patches of green and brown that seemed to stretch and roll on for millions of miles in all directions. It was here that the Pandorica began to fall, its incredible speed diminishing as it was sucked into the gravitational pull of the new planet. And so The Pandorica began to shriek and groan as it plummeted towards the planets surface.

The Doctor was more confused then he had ever been before and, oh boy, had he been confused before. By now the endless light should have reached the box, destroyed it and all of its atoms and then taken him with it. However, something had gone “wrong” with the plan. He could feel himself spinning, travelling further and further then ever before. Most importantly he could feel the distinctive pull of a planet, reaching its hand towards The Pandorica and, grasping it firmly, pulling it towards itself. And so The Doctor did the only thing he could think to do, he screamed like an infant as he felt the atmosphere of this new planet mould around The Pandorica, pulling them into a high velocity decline.

[.]

Twilight Sparkle, librarian of the Ponyville library, bearer to the Element of Magic and the personal student of Celestia herself chomped down on her bottom lip in concentration. The spell that she was attempting, a “mind to matter” spell that allowed the wielder to create simple objects from thin air, was an incredibly hard spell to master. She had heard of times when foolish unicorns had tried to create gold and silver and ended up turning themselves into copper statues. However, she was Twilight Sparkle, regarded nationwide as the most powerful young unicorn of her time and, as such, she wouldn't allow a simple creation spell to beat her.

Frowning, sweat lacing her lavender brow and her mane sticking up in odd turns and twists, Twilight began to concentrate her magic. She could feel the power, the build up, the joy she would feel when she managed to accomplish the task. She would be regarded nationwide as a genius! Celestia herself would visit and ask her to recite the scientific discovery and the tale of her ability to finish such a complex, powerful spell. She could hear them now, her friends, all five of them cheering her on, yelling her name, making sounds of whistled wind falling through the sky at velocities that should be unreachable.

Wait, that's not right. Twilight thought to herself, temporarily disregarding her spell in order to listen to the rapid sound of a heavy object approaching, the sound resonating from the sky above her.

Odd, she thought to herself once more, I swear I hear screaming.

She got up from her desk, which was littered with quills and diagrams depicting the completion and steps towards her matter spell including, to Twilight's horror, having to find and boil the eggs of a certain particularly smelly newt. Slowly, she made her way to her bedroom window, the sounds of rapid approach now increased ten fold.

And her eyes widened and her pupils turned to slits as she beheld the sight before her.

Flying through the air, spinning and burning was a large metal box with what appeared to be glowing green hieroglyphs on the sides, forming a circle of hidden text. What surprised Twilight the most though, was that the screaming seemed to be coming from the odd box itself. She continued to watch as this metallic box blasted through clouds, dispersing them in to steam vapour at the touch of its molten hot surface. The decline increased, the box falling faster and faster and faster towards the ground. Watching its descent, Twilight gasped as she calculated with the efficiency of a scientific stud that this mysterious box was about to collide with the Everfree Forest. And collide the box did.

Ramming into the heavily forested ground, The Pandorica created a seemingly catastrophic explosion which consisted mainly of dust and dirt and gravel being kicked up around its final destination. The box pushed forward into the ground creating a massive crater around it as the forest itself seemed to bend inwards towards this mysterious newcomer from the skies. The crash and boom of The Pandorica could be heard for miles and miles, the resonating crack being distinguished by Twilight's ears even after the box had vanished into the tree-line of the Everfree.

The Pandorica lay there for a while, simply allowing steam and heat to waft off of it in great waves of vapour that looked almost like London smog. Finally, its last mechanism started to function as the twin doors of The Pandorica hummed and clanked and whirred as they began to slowly, slowly open. The shriek of metal on metal, the melting metal that connected to two doors together was snapped swiftly as the heat wafted away. Finally, the doors themselves slid open fully, allowing the sunlight of this new planet to flood into the box and sear into The Doctor's brain.

[.]

The Doctor opened his eyes, fluttering eyelids twitching spasmodically every few seconds. The sight before him caused the breath to catch in his throat, his eyes to widen and enlarge further and further and his bow-tie to, very nearly, pop off out of sheer shock. Then The Doctor uttered his first coherent words since his goodbye to his flame haired companion.

“I have hooves!”