• Published 2nd Jun 2012
  • 9,085 Views, 13 Comments

Shining Armor's Sister - Bookworm24

  • ...
0
 13
 9,085

The Farewell


Twilight sat in her room packing up the last of her belongings into her saddlebags as a single tear rolled down her cheek. Up until now this room had been her haven, her sanctuary from all the things in the world that wanted to do her harm, and now she had to leave it all forever.

She was just accepted into Princess Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns, she was to become Princess Celestia's protege and she just earned her cutie mark. She should be the happiest pony in all of Equestria, however, being the princess's protege also meant she had to leave home and move into the palace.

Twilight looked around the room and spotted something familiar poking out from beneath her bed. "ohmygosh" she thought. and levitated an old worn out doll into her bags. "I can't believe I almost left without Miss Smartypants!" She thought thinking about the time Shining Armor gave it to her one Hearth Warming's Day.

"Shining Armor"

Another tear crept down her face as she slung her saddlebag on her back. As far back as she could remember he's always been there for her. He stood up to the bullies who were playing keep-away with one of her books, he comforted her through countless thunderstorms and he fixed Smartypants when it was torn apart by a stray dog. But now he was leaving. He was going on a mission to Minotopolis for a whole year! A whole year without her B.B.B.F.F. Twilight felt like crawling under her bed and never coming out again but she knew she had to be brave.

Twilight started walking down the hallway towards the stairs where the royal carriage would take her to the palace and Shining to the military camp. As she passed her brother's room she heard Shining make a strange sound from within. A sound she never heard Shining ever make but a sound she knew all too well. Was her big brother actually crying?




By the time Shining Armor reached the living room the royal carriage had arrived and all of Twilight's luggage was on board. He only had one knapsack (That was all he was allowed). His mother was wiping her eyes with a handkerchief and hugging Twilight. His father walked over and draped his arm over Shining's shoulders. "Now listen son." He hadn't called Shining 'son' in years. " You take care of yourself, you hear me. I want you to come home victorious, okay?...I j-just..." Nightlight hugged his only son. "Just come home son."

"Don't worry dad." Shining said returning the hug. "I will."

"I am so proud of you son." Nightlight said releasing him.

"Thanks dad."




Twilight and Shining waved farewell to their parents as the carriage pulled away from the house and started it's journey to the palace where Twilight would be dropped off. For a few moments the pair sat in silence. Twilight finally broke the silence by saying "You're going to be okay...right?

"Don't worry Twily. I already told you this is going to be a peaceful mission. I've met minotaurs before, they're all show and no action.

"But you'll still be in another country for a whole year. who's going to protect me while your gone?" Twilight asked as tears welled up in her eyes.

"Are you kidding!? Your going to have all those royal guards protecting you. Not to mention Princess Celestia herself! Shining said as he stroked Twilight's mane.

"But none of them will be you!....I've been having this dream lately, more like a premonition and it scares me!"

"What's it about?"

"I'm laying on my back in a giant iron cage, and as I look to my side I see bright flames! I then look up and see...you! Your looking down at me so I reach out to you so you can save me from the flames. Just as we finally reach each other I hear a loud squeal and that's when I wake up sweating. It just scares me so much."

Twilight finished and was about to start crying when Shining gave her a hug.

"Twilight. You never have to fear that dream."

"Why?"

Shining looked her in the eyes. "Because it's not a premonition. It's a memory."

"Huh?"

"That wasn't a large iron cage. It was your crib, and it wasn't on fire, it was next to the living room fireplace. You were remembering the day you were brought home from the hospital."

"Were you really there?"

"Yes. And we did touch hooves."

"And the squeal?"

"That was you. Squealing with delight. It wasn't a nightmare saying that one time I won't be there, It was a memory saying I will always be there for you, even if I'm not physically there."

Twilight gave her brother the biggest hug she could muster as the royal palace came into view and for Twilight it was way too soon.




Twilight had disembarked and all her luggage was being taken up to her new room by the royal servants, but Twilight was still outside watching as the carriage started to pull away.

Shining leaned out the carriage window to wave farewell to his sister, but Twilight wasn't waving. although she had tears streaming down her face, she smiled, stood at attention....



and saluted her big brother.

Comments ( 5 )

Very lovely and a lot of emotion, I approve!

Aw so happy and yet so sad. :yay: :fluttershyouch:

:raritydespair: in a :yay: kind of way

Make more i love this:heart::heart::heart::heart:: :fluttercry::raritycry:

that is so sad :applecry: and so touching:fluttercry:

Login or register to comment